IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
wth is this RV business about !!!!????? :eek:

I don't like where that takes my line of thought.

Well, abducting two together seems to happen even though I don't recall the cases. I will look them up - did the perp have guns? The AM case I remember now -

This is so sad for these girls. I remember as a kid living outside of Fortuna, Ca on a small ranch, we roamed everywhere in the forest, rode horses, hiked the hills, and generally just took off with our friends - no meth labs back then or other obvious dangers like todays world. We were let loose to have fun at the river or anyplace else our feet could carry us.

If the perp got a firm grip on one girl, then I think all it would take would be threatening to hurt her with an ice pick, screwdriver or box cutter to get both girls to comply.

Like you, I feel sorry for kids who don't get the chance to roam and explore and just hang out in special places away from adults.

I also heard the RV bit and had no idea what they were talking about. I thought I had maybe misheard.

did anyone else hear the RV stuff? I had sound but it was very very faint so I am hoping others heard this portion clearly. What exactly did the reporter ask?

did anyone else hear the RV stuff? I had sound but it was very very faint so I am hoping others heard this portion clearly. What exactly did the reporter ask?

Maybe if Jim S is there-he can tell us what was said-he comes here often doesn't he?

Did anyone here the reporter ask the question about a missing RV?

He said he wouldnt comment on that??

I did hear that didnt I ?

I missed it, but have been wanting (screaming)for them to check campgrounds, summertime, recreational and hunting cabins. I still think the girls are alive and being kept somewhere. :banghead::banghead:

A school aid is not a “covered entity” or a health care provider according to HIPPA. She would not transmit information in an electronic form in connection with a health transaction that HHS has adopted a standard.

Who is Covered by the Privacy Rule
The Privacy Rule, as well as all the Administrative Simplification rules, apply to health plans, health care clearinghouses, and to any health care provider who transmits health information in electronic form in connection with transactions for which the Secretary of HHS has adopted standards under HIPAA (the “covered entities”).
http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/summary/index.html

Was it an unethical act? Maybe if it was done with malice, but it's not a federal crime.

Thank you, that was my understanding when checking with HIPAA regulations before posting. I wouldn't have wanted her to get into trouble.

I didn't hear anything about an RV - might have been while I was typing. Darn it!

I am sorry & I know some people are not going to agree with me-but what this LE did is unacceptable to me-They have lost a whole week-when the dogs took them to those woods-I am angry-JMO

I do not feel they wasted time searching that lake.

Now we know for a fact they are not in the lake, During the week they searched 12 square miles ,they also searched the river. They have collected evidence and updated the media often. Set up road checks more then once.
They drained a lake.
They have not turned the media agaisnt the family or lead anyone to believe they think them to be guilty of anything. They have video confirmed G ma's sighting of the girls. This week has not been wasted . IMO I think they are doing a very good job handling this . The FBI is there because they wanted their help.

OMG this is slightly off topic but I feel I must share. I was watching NG last night (something I usually avoid like the plague) because she was covering this case and wait for it . . .

I actually agreed with her! lol.

But seriously, I did chortle when she kept emphatically stating "OUR OWN investigation has prooved that DM was at his mother's home with his teenage son at the time the girls went missing" over and over each time more adamantly than the last.

as if HLN investigations are somehow more believable and superior to FBI or LE ones.

I agreed with her that the girls were not in the lake. I agree with her that the parents history is not related to the abduction. But NG is just so - so - NG in her delivery that she made me laugh.

I was just responding with an idea as to how it could happen being there are two missing little girls. You never know who is out and about or driving down the road or visiting a movie theater. I don't think there are meth labs about on a nature trail. Surely the trails are monitored regularily and a meth lab would stink to high heaven. I can see a perp hiding in the woods along the trail waiting for a passer by. But, who knows what these crazy *advertiser censored* holes can do especially if it is not the first time. jmo

I agree with you.

We have had locals post that in the past they saw evidence of meth labs on the nature trails in the form of discarded pseudoephedrine medication boxes.

However, stationary meth labs are fortunately becoming a thing of the past in Iowa. Since the advent of the shake-n-bake method of making meth, the makers seem to stick to vehicles.

Plus, Iowa now requires all pseudoephedrine meds to be kept behind the counter and buyer's names recorded plus puts restrictions on how much can be bought at one time or over a month.

Increasingly, meth production has moved to Mexico where pseudoephedrine is still readily available, law enforcement is much less of a presence and there are already drug cartels with organised production and sales routes.

wth is this RV business about !!!!????? :eek:

I don't like where that takes my line of thought.

I dunno I just heard the reporter ask

"can you tell us anything about the missing RV."

and the answer was something like " I cant comment on that".

Do they leave links up for the press releases they film? because I want to post and tag it for later .

I agree they did not waste a week. I'm actually very happy with the way LE has been handling this case. They've had many investigators searching/interviewing folks, following up on leads and trying to locate these girls. Just because they drained a lake does not mean time was wasted there in my opinion. Now if all they did was stand there and watch and did nothing but wait for the results of the dive today, then I'd be mad. They didn't! They've been working very hard! The fact they have been finding evidence indicates to me they've not been wasting any time at all.

I am sorry & I know some people are not going to agree with me-but what this LE did is unacceptable to me-They have lost a whole week-when the dogs took them to those woods-I am angry-JMO

In this case, I agree with this sentiment. While I understand the need for the thorough lake search I for the life of me cannot figure out why they couldn't search the lake AND call it a possible abduction. Why wait a whole week? I don't know of any process or procedure that if LE had considered this case an abduction...they wouldn't have been allowed to search the lake.

Keep in mind that a) we only SEE them focused on the lake. I believe Mr. Spellman said there are typically only 2-3 LE on detail at a time. COnsidering LE (Evansdale and surrounding area LE... some as far away as Iowa city, which is about 90 miles south) and the FBI have been on this. Local PD and highway patrol, that's a considerable force, so I'm certain there were MANY other avenues searched. Also, I believe ABben mentioned the tip line receiving information from all over, so he specifically stated it hasn't been just a locally concentrated investigation since the evening the girls disappeared.

OMG this is slightly off topic but I feel I must share. I was watching NG last night (something I usually avoid like the plague) because she was covering this case and wait for it . . .

I actually agreed with her! lol.

But seriously, I did chortle when she kept emphatically stating "OUR OWN investigation has prooved that DM was at his mother's home with his teenage son at the time the girls went missing" over and over each time more adamantly than the last.

as if HLN investigations are somehow more believable and superior to FBI or LE ones.

I agreed with her that the girls were not in the lake. I agree with her that the parents history is not related to the abduction. But NG is just so - so - NG in her delivery that she made me laugh.

I read a tweet she sent along the same lines about the family and the lake and I had the same reaction - OMG I actually agreed with her... For one moment in time I actually considered watching her...
It was only a fleeting moment, I am back to reality now. No NG for me!

I am so totally furious and frustrated beyond the proverbial edge - a whole week!!

In this case, I agree with this sentiment. While I understand the need for the thorough lake search I for the life of me cannot figure out why they couldn't search the like AND call it a possible abduction. Why wait a whole week? I don't any process or procedure that if LE had considered this case an abduction...they wouldn't have been allowed to search the lake.

But if they were doing their job behind the scenes, does it matter what they called it? And besides, they couldn't know for sure until they knew the lake was cleared, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni