General Discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we know the reason they couldn't reach an agreement previously. Craig wanted to be there. What's he afraid of? :waitasec:

No answer necessary, I think I already know why.:eek:

JMHO
fran

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/stebic.children.visitation.2.763256.html

Attorneys: Visitation Agreement Reached On Stebic

JOLIET, Ill. (STNG) ― Lisa Stebic's relatives will be able to visit her two young children under an agreement reached with her estranged husband, attorneys said Thursday.

<<<<snip>>>>

Craig Stebic previously had offered to allow Lisa's relatives to visit with the children under his supervision -- a condition they rejected. In their suit, her relatives sought visits with the children under the supervision of a court-appointed monitor.

Good point, Pharlap. You hardly ever hear anything about Lisa in the media at all. Its like the she as well as the case have dropped off the face of the earth. You still hear about DP, I guess because he is or was a police officer as well as all the ex wives and his conduct in front of cameras. But even with that reward money, poor Lisa just isn't considered newsworthy. So sad!

Well DP does everything he can to stay in the media spotlight. CS actually is lying low trying to avoid the media.

Amy Jacobsen is suing the rival newsstation that aired her video at the Stebic house.

Complete complaint is available on Eric Zorn's blog accessible from front page of www.chicagotribune.com.

Since Craig is a hunter I guess all the woods in the area have been searched. Does anyone know if he belongs to a hunt club. We live near a 7000 acre forest and people keep kennels of deer dogs and I've heard many belong to hunt clubs. I'm wondering if they take their kills there to dress and get the head and rack ready for the taxedermist...our general store is a weighing station and in deer season you see deer hung up in the parking lot getting weighed then off they go to dress them. Maybe a hunt club would have an incinerator to get rid of the guts, bones, etc. Some of the hunters live in neigborhoods that would frown on dressing in the backyards.....just wondering...

Thought I would put this here for those in the area that could make arrangements to attend. This is a chance for those Missing Person's cases that haven't had as much national attention to have a time to honor them and bring awareness to their cases. Cue Center does amazing things!

The CUE National Tour for the Missing will be at Rachel's Tree on Wednesday, August 27th.. We were not able to get a weekend day, so please mark your calendar now and come out to support missing child Rachel Marie Mellon Skemp's family and friends.

The Bolingbrook Police Department will be fingerprinting children and helping us raise awareness about prevention before CUE's arrival from 1 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. CUE representatives will arrive at approximately 5:30 p.m. At 6 p.m., one balloon will be released for each year that Rachel has been missing.

After Rachel's balloons have been released, volunteers are asked to go directly to the next stop on the tour, which is also in Bolingbrook (at the Aquatic Center), to support the family of missing Stacy Peterson and the families of other missing adults in our area, which include, Lisa Stebic, John Spira, Bradley Olsen and Scott Arcaro.

Hope to see you there!

For those intrested or wondering. Rachel's tree is at Wipfler Park at Rockhurst & Melissa in Bolingbrook.

Just wanted to say I'm still here and still praying for Justice for Lisa, her children and her family.

I hope that LE keeps doing what they can to connect the dots and I pray Lisa is found and that there will be Justice for Lisa and her family.

Ditto what you said terminatrixator. I just hate that all of these people have gone missing and there is no trace of them what-so-ever. That shouldn't happen to anyone. I feel so badly for the families and friends who are looking for answers, I just can't imagine if it were one of my family members. I just can't.

And all the children who have no idea what has happened to Mom/Dad. It pains me to think of their pain. That's so unfair to them.

With all the other missing like Caylee Anthony, it seems Lisa 's case has to stay in the news also! so does Stacy, Kathleen Savio and so many others.............

What happened to AZ News Watcher? I checked out Lisa's website and there really doesn't seem to be any news updates there. I guess not much is happening. So sad for this beautiful woman and her children and family.

FWIW, this is on the media only thread. There's going to at least be some mention of this case on AMW.

fran

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/1120719,082208amwstebic.article

Stebic's family returns to TV to help others

August 22, 2008Recommend

By Janet Lundquist, Sun-Times News Group

When Plainfield mom Lisa Stebic disappeared in April 2007, her family had a Web site up with vital information a couple of days later.

One week later, they were being interviewed about her case on national news programs.

With the help of a family friend who worked as a TV news producer, Stebic's family successfully coordinated a media campaign that kept her case in the public eye for more than a year.

Now, they're sharing their knowledge with the world in a segment to be featured next month on Fox TV's "America's Most Wanted" program. A segment called "Making Noise" will give families of missing people suggestions on how to keep their cases in the headlines. It will feature Stebic's cousin Melanie Greenberg and the story of Stebic's disappearance.

I really hate how some shows have these terrible stories and send out the ideas of a P.O.I which i think were all on the same page with on who that person is and then as soon as something else comes along poof its over with its up to everyone else to find out the information if we choose too. I mean i dont know if they ever met i dought it but i bet for awhile mr stebic's best freind was drew peterson and right now there both sitting back and going about there buisness as they please as this case with little caylee goes on..I ont know iam sure the police dont just forget about these cases but i just hate how one day its on every station and the next its gone...

Poor Lisa. She certainly didn't deserve this and she's not forgotten. Justice will be served. You, the killer, will be caught. Yes, there's not been a body found yet....but the truth will come out.

I'm really angry about Craig's uncooperativeness with Lisa's parents to see their own grandchildren. I don't see why the judge can't settle this ONCE AND FOR ALL!

IMO, there's a REASON Craig doesn't want Lisa's parents to visit with these children. And I do NOT think it's JUST his possessiveness!:behindbar

IMO, perhaps LE should move to have these children talk to a psychiatrist and see what they know. I think they know a LOT!!!

:mad:

JMHO
fran

What I don't get is, Craig's sister and her family have a different last name. So it can't be they were singled out by name recognition. So, how could they be harrassed?

Guess doing $leazy things for money run$ in the family. :mad:

JMHO
fran

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/1188314,092708localdigest.article

Stebic family sues Channel 2

Craig Stebic's family on Friday filed a lawsuit against WBBM-TV (Channel 2) and several of the station's reporters, claiming their coverage of the relationship between Stebic and former WMAQ-TV (Channel 5) reporter Amy Jacobson was false, malicious and illegal.

Stebic's sister Jill Webb and her husband, Robert Webb, and their children suffered "severe emotional distress" from the media attention surrounding Jacobson's swim with the family last summer in Stebic's Plainfield home, according to the lawsuit filed in Cook County Circuit Court.

The suit stems from a July 2007 incident when Jacobson went to the Stebic home, allegedly to discuss the highly publicized disappearance of Stebic's wife, Lisa, who has been missing since April 30, 2007.

Video of the incident appeared the next day on Channel 2, showing Jacobson in a bikini, swimming with her children in the Stebic family's backyard swimming pool. The footage attracted national media attention and led to Jacobson being fired from her reporting job.

I'm really angry about Craig's uncooperativeness with Lisa's parents to see their own grandchildren. I don't see why the judge can't settle this ONCE AND FOR ALL!

IMO, there's a REASON Craig doesn't want Lisa's parents to visit with these children. And I do NOT think it's JUST his possessiveness!:behindbar

IMO, perhaps LE should move to have these children talk to a psychiatrist and see what they know. I think they know a LOT!!!

:mad:

JMHO
fran

U know it reminds me of that guy cop bobby cutts jr .Remember his son and what he told the police that mommy was in the rug whitch turned out to be his demise ,,I also thought that when burke ramsey became an adult that he would same thing ,,having said all this maybe they ....his kids will talk one day...

In November 2007, Lisa's parents, Lawrence and Judith Ruttenberg, and grandparents, Milton and Charlotte Ruttenberg, filed a petition seeking visits with the Stebic children, now ages 12 and 13.

During the case, Lisa's family asked Craig to confirm some things he may have said in front of his children, including an alleged threat to "cut Lisa Stebic into pieces and no one would ever find her," according to court documents.

Or the time he allegedly said Lisa's face "would be on the back of a milk carton someday."

Craig never had to answer the questions, as he and his lawyer offered to compromise on visits soon after the request was made.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/p...ORY_S1.article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members