GUILTY LA - Taylor Adams, 15, beaten to death in her LaPlace home, 5 Dec 2010

Oh goodness. That's a little bitty canal. I was thinking it was much wider than that. It sure wouldn't have served as an obstacle. And now I see how Yorketowne is a straight shot to her house.

I hope they have DNA.

Oh goodness. That's a little bitty canal. I was thinking it was much wider than that. It sure wouldn't have served as an obstacle. And now I see how Yorketowne is a straight shot to her house.

I hope they have DNA.

So do I.

Wow this is so sad :(. I hope they find who did this.

Thanks for your input, CG. Of the nine or so SRO's who live within a mile, the two scariest dudes have addresses across the big field. Not too convenient by foot. IDK. I get the feeling the perp was someone she knew. Her mother must be sick. What a sad, terrible shame.

I thought it must be someone who knew she was home alone when her mother was at work, possibly someone living nearby, and maybe someone with a grudge, angry with her for some reason. There was no forced entry which leads me to think she let the person in. Such a horrid thing. Poor girl. Her poor neighbors. It must have been shocking for her mother.

I'm a bit confused why the local media played up the other death since it was an obvious overdose and unrelated. I have to admit, I've found the local news reports to be leaning toward the tabloid-form of sensationalism lately. WGNO-TV has promos for their news shows which have TMZ written all over them. I don't like it.

I thought it must be someone who knew she was home alone when her mother was at work, possibly someone living nearby, and maybe someone with a grudge, angry with her for some reason. There was no forced entry which leads me to think she let the person in. Such a horrid thing. Poor girl. Her poor neighbors. It must have been shocking for her mother.

I'm a bit confused why the local media played up the other death since it was an obvious overdose and unrelated. I have to admit, I've found the local news reports to be leaning toward the tabloid-form of sensationalism lately. WGNO-TV has promos for their news shows which have TMZ written all over them. I don't like it.

You know how it goes... New Orleans news ... LOL

And they don't have everything correct from my understanding. What we were told & what the Times Picayune is stating on Nola.com are the same thing... what the news stations are reporting is something different.

When a lot of locals knew who the victim was, the sheriff still would not release her name. They had purpose in it. Yet, the media blasted her name all over and took a pic of their mailbox & front of her home to post who it was. That was ridiculous to me. Such a shame... I just hope our sheriff's office finds who did this & I have faith that they will.

I just don't know what to say. This is unspeakable.

http://www.fox8live.com/news/local/...y-beaten-to-death/diMhK6TJF0uc4kmYVPz_hQ.cspx

Coroner says 15 year old likely beaten to death with cooking pan

Last Update: 12/06 8:22 pm

Grief counselors counseled close to 100 high school students in Reserve on Monday after the brutal beating death of a 10th grader over the weekend. The investigation into the death of the 15 year old girl goes forward as friends and neighbors mourn.

A memorial now rests where 15-year old Taylor Adams once lived.

"She was a very quiet little girl, very nice,” said a family friend, wishing to speak anonymously.

“That's sad they took that child away from her own mom.”

At Adams’ school in Reserve, Riverside Academy High, students began the day with an assembly, many with tears as Principal Perry Dicarlo detailed the loss.

“Trying to sooth them and help those cope with those feelings,” said Dicarlo.

4 grief counselors, including Carrie Turnball, offered support to nearly 100 students.

"They’re tight knit, they're bonding together to try to cope with tragic event,” said Turnball. “Some of her closest friends are having a really hard time with it, so we're tying to be compassionate, give them respect, give them their space, but yet give them support in the process."

Investigators are now turning to Adams’ Facebook account for clues, specifically who she was talking to in the hours leading up to her death.

It was Sunday morning when her mother returned home, from working a night side shift as a security guard, only to find her daughter's lifeless body inside.

Dr. Christy Montegut, St. John the Parish Coroner, believes she was bludgeoned to death with a frying pan. Preliminary autopsy results, out Monday, show the victim suffered blunt force trauma to the head and bleeding in the brain. According to the Montegut, Adams’ body showed evidence of sexual activity within 48 hours of her death.

Authorities say there were no signs of forced entry into the home.

"We think it happened sometime after 1am and before 6am,” said St. John Parish Sheriff Wayne Jones.

Jones is quick to rule out any relationship to another death in the area just 3 months ago, when a 17 year old girl was found dead.

“It was an accidental overdose,” said Jones. “The case over this weekend of the homicide of 15 year Taylor Adams has no relevance to this case at all.”

But it leaves a void nonetheless, one that neighbors say, for now, is being filled with sadness and fear.

Deputy cars could be seen circling the neighborhood on Monday as the balloon on that makeshift memorial swayed side to side—a reminder of a 15 year old girl taken too soon, brutally and mysteriously.

If you know anything about the case, you’re asked to contact the St. John Sheriff's department at (985) 652-9513.

I don't know. It doesn't sound premeditated to me. She was killed with an item (presumably) from the home. I'm guessing something happened that sent her killer into a rage, so he grabbed something nearby. I do think it's odd she was killed with an item from the kitchen, but if there was a struggle (as stated in other articles), he may have chased her back to her room from the kitchen.

If her killer is a minor, would that somehow delay his arrest?

Maybe it was the friend she was seen with?

Girls can be particularly vicious.

Hi
I just went back on her facebook page to the days preceding her death and the day of. In days before, she said she was in love? but later, some of the posts seemed like she was upset over something, disappointed.
She was crying and sad the day before and seemed to me, like a boyfriend breakup or a boy problem.
The next day she was feeling a bit better and was talking with friends.
Saturday night, she said she was tired and going to sleep? this is before she was seen walking her dog.
I think somebody asked to see her maybe, unless the dog had to use the bathroom. but walking with a man that late, idk.

this case makes me think of Meghan Landowski. :(

One of her 'friends' brutally murdered her...a 'nice' boy that played the violin.

On Sunday, there was talk about the ex boyfriend that had caused some issues. We were told by family members that there was forced entry into the home & rape. Again, I can't prove that because it's not in the articles but I do know that the media has put out incorrect info already. Whoever did this, was on foot or bike. No way a vehicle wouldn't have been seen. She was full of blood so I'm sure the perp was bloody also...especially with a struggle (if that is indeed true). So that makes me believe it's someone who lived close or was possibly on a bike.

Hi
I just went back on her facebook page to the days preceding her death and the day of. In days before, she said she was in love? but later, some of the posts seemed like she was upset over something, disappointed.
She was crying and sad the day before and seemed to me, like a boyfriend breakup or a boy problem.
The next day she was feeling a bit better and was talking with friends.
Saturday night, she said she was tired and going to sleep? this is before she was seen walking her dog.
I think somebody asked to see her maybe, unless the dog had to use the bathroom. but walking with a man that late, idk.

curious... are you a friend of hers on facebook? because her page is private. just making sure you have the right person... i planned to take a look at it this evening once my cousin is home from school

curious... are you a friend of hers on facebook? because her page is private. just making sure you have the right person... i planned to take a look at it this evening once my cousin is home from school

My son is a friend of hers! They are not "close" friends but they talked up until the day she was found :(
If any of the posts would be helpful, I can get them. I went back to older posts and the things that were said are very much signs of trouble.
If i go further back, i think i can find the boy she was talking about?

I just want to say "Thank You" to everyone who has read and posted on this story. My son was very distraught over the loss of his little friend. He was down to tears and quiet time last night..
I am amazed at the interest and good investigative work that you all do.
My son feels so good that this is on the forum.thanks guys. :)

My son is a friend of hers! They are not "close" friends but they talked up until the day she was found :(
If any of the posts would be helpful, I can get them. I went back to older posts and the things that were said are very much signs of trouble.
If i go further back, i think i can find the boy she was talking about?

GREAT minds think alike :) it must be cuz we breathe that River Parish air LOL My cousin told me the ex's name but I haven't been able to talk to her since Sunday...and of course, I don't remember it.

be careful what you post here though because each case varies and a mod can tell you what is allowed and what isn't. I don't want you to get in trouble or anything :)

This is tragic for all her friends, I'm sure. It's never easy to have a teenage friend murdered. I've experienced that (two friends were murdered together) and it still affects me decades later. It's something that's extremely difficult to get passed.

I don't live in St. John The Baptist Parish, but I go there frequently to attend meetings, to do research in the library, and to make nostalgic visits to Frostop. :wink: So even though I live in another parish, it's still close enough to home to be too close for comfort.

I'm thinking it was someone she knew, someone who became angry, and yes, probably chased her into her bedroom. She may have been struck in the kitchen or swung at in there and ran to the bedroom for safety but couldn't quite close her door fast enough. Something along those lines.

I'm sure they've checked the mother's story that she was at work. So that leaves a "friend" or a stranger. Sexual activity within 48 hours? That certainly points fingers in a specific direction. Why would a "stranger" beat someone to death with a pan from the kitchen? Wouldn't a stranger come equipped with his/her own weapon? :waitasec:

GREAT minds think alike :) it must be cuz we breathe that River Parish air LOL My cousin told me the ex's name but I haven't been able to talk to her since Sunday...and of course, I don't remember it.

be careful what you post here though because each case varies and a mod can tell you what is allowed and what isn't. I don't want you to get in trouble or anything :)

You can post an initial but certainly can't name anyone unless that person has been singled out by LE in the media. Of course if the person makes TV appearances to discuss the case, well..... a la other persons have done in certain high profile cases. :angel:

This is tragic for all her friends, I'm sure. It's never easy to have a teenage friend murdered. I've experienced that (two friends were murdered together) and it still affects me decades later. It's something that's extremely difficult to get passed.

I don't live in St. John The Baptist Parish, but I go there frequently to attend meetings, to do research in the library, and to make nostalgic visits to Frostop. :wink: So even though I live in another parish, it's still close enough to home to be too close for comfort.

I'm thinking it was someone she knew, someone who became angry, and yes, probably chased her into her bedroom. She may have been struck in the kitchen or swung at in there and ran to the bedroom for safety but couldn't quite close her door fast enough. Something along those lines.

I'm sure they've checked the mother's story that she was at work. So that leaves a "friend" or a stranger. Sexual activity within 48 hours? That certainly points fingers in a specific direction. Why would a "stranger" beat someone to death with a pan from the kitchen? Wouldn't a stranger come equipped with his/her own weapon? :waitasec:

mmm Frostop! thanks for making me hungry! LOL Sorry to hear about your two friends :( It's a shame that we have to even post about things like this.

I also think it was someone she knew whether it be a "friend" or neighbor. I know they say sexual activity within 48 hours but like I was saying earlier, we were told she was raped. So Dr. Montegut saying sexual activity within 48 hours, you would think that could mean rape also, right? With the murder weapon being a frying pan, I would also say someone known to her & not premeditated.

I have faith in the detectives working the case. When my friends mom was murdered in 1997 by the serial killer, Daniel Blank, it flipped my world upside down. I was scared of everyone and everything. I felt like no one could be trusted because at that time, there were no leads. Only thing we knew is that other elderly people were being killed in the same manner. Then robbed. The killer, did not bring weapons with him... he used things in the home.

Just a few weeks ago in St. Charles parish, Mary Arico, 78 yr old was killed in her kitchen by a teenager. They planned to rob her to gather money so the 14 yr old girl could run away. 16 year old boy went through her back door while the 14 yr old and other 16 yr old distracted the lady at the front door. The 16 yr old armed himself with knives from Ms. Arico's kitchen and stabbed her to death & then when she was dying, he picked up a microwave and slammed it down on her head.

They didn't go there with the intent to kill but killed. Their motive was suppose to be robbery. Now, I hope they all rot in prison. All of them.

I guess my whole point for typing this stuff out is this...

the serial killer, unarmed each time, knew his victims.
the teenagers, unarmed when they entered the home, knew their victim.

i see something in common here...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back