TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If MP was unfaithful and is embarrassed bc people know about it, that isn't the neighbor's fault, our fault or anyone else's. It's MP's.

You are a passionate defender of MP, confused, which may have very noble intentions. It does not seem like you are as passionate of a defender of GP. You say a lot about how good of a person MP is, but leave out GP for the most part, and then say GP's children may have refused to be with her bc she may have been being aggressive etc. MP is free to speculate that GP is delusional etc and you seem to find it fair. You seem to get upset when people have an opinion or a side, but you seem a little partial to one side yourself. Which is fine, I'm just pointing it out. MP may seem like the underdog to you, but to many of us here, he has his house, his kids, his money, and his safety, and GP- we cannot be sure she has any of those.

He did state in court docs that Gail had some mental issues, but so far, other than the sister and neighbor's denial, no one has shown that not to be the case. Could be that the LE has medical records supporting that... I don't know.

Prayers to all.

Respectfully snipped-are you discounting LE's statements to the media specifically stating they found no evidence of instability or mental illness? :waitasec:

The neighbor who stood in the Walmart parking lot and told the TV cameras that she watched her drive away in her car... That's pretty real.

This indicates nothing of why she drove away. It's certainly a leap to assume she drove away because she wanted to disappear, which is the comment I believe you were responding to.

Keeping a person's DL at the house, or taking it off of them...? Although this one makes no sense to me unless purse went in the house, and someone forced her to drive away without it.

This is something that has stuck with me. The police were called during an argument, and all agreed she would go to the lake house with the kids. No way did those police leave before her and the kids. And no way would she drive away without her purse and license with LE sitting there.

So....

When she came back with the kids, did she even go in the house to take her purse in there?

How old are these kids?

I have someone in a situation now... son is 14, daughter is 11. When Mom tries to go out anywhere the son steals her purse, her car keys, anything that prevents her from leaving. He also hits her, and sometimes the daughter is involved.

My perception from the beginning is that Gail has reacted badly to finding out her husband was having an affair, left with the kids and found out they weren't going to be supportive, took them back home, and then left without them. I hope I'm right that in the end she just left without them. What does surprise me is that she hasn't called even once to tell her husband to go screw himself.

Any way you look at any of it, the ping on May 2nd makes no sense at all. None.

Any way you look at any of it, the ping on May 2nd makes no sense at all. None.

believe, the battery could have lasted that long- or someone else could have made a call or retrieved a voicemail.

The idea that a mother would ditch her pre teen children because they were not supportive of her abusive marriage is a curious one to me. I seriously doubt I would ever give my minor children the power to make those decisions. Gail was a SAHM who was allowed to leave with those same children by the police who had been to her door several times in the last several months.

This makes not sense to me, respectfully speaking.

I would like to know why she returned them to their home. She was given the OK to go, she was custodial parent at the time, you cant kidnap your own children sans a custody agreement that is signed...so what gives? You cant abandon your children for a period of 5-15 minutes. She was afraid, she was being followed (my belief since LE states they have found no proof of mental instability, ergo)-did she think that they were under threat?

Did she return to the house later?

So....

When she came back with the kids, did she even go in the house to take her purse in there?

That has absolutely been sticking with me, too. If she had the license when she went to Alabama and back, then she clearly went into the house and left her license there before driving off again.

Also, Gail left her passport and cash with Susie Buttons in case she needed them in the future. Presumably in case she needed them in an emergency when she couldn't get into the house and get her passport or cash in the usual manner. Note she didn't leave her license with Buttons -- probably because she was using it!

Gail was doing all these things -- giving friends info and items, changing retirement account PINs, etc. -- in preparation for the split or possibly for an emergency. That doesn't sound like the kind of person who would accidentally forget all her credit cards or driver's license.

believe, the battery could have lasted that long- or someone else could have made a call or retrieved a voicemail.

Then there must be other pings between when she called her sister and May 2nd which means LE knows where she was at least for that period of time, correct?

Unless the phone was shut off. In between times that is.

I am glad to see that some of you sleuths are thinking on both sides of this issue. As for the infidelity, I don't personally know if he did or did not... for that matter, I don't know if she did or did not. They both could have. Infidelity is terrible and ruins so many families, but it's not illegal. Being a cheater makes one a scum, but not a murderer.

As far as I can tell, the only people who are mud slinging are the 2 neighbors.. One in AL and one on Signal Mtn. <modnsip comment about members> Even the sister and brother haven't been saying bad things about Matt -nor he about them . He did state in court docs that Gail had some mental issues, but so far, other than the sister and neighbor's denial, no one has shown that not to be the case. Could be that the LE has medical records supporting that... I don't know.

I don't see that Matt has done anything that makes him look guilty. His PC appearance didn't seem to have been pre-written by attorneys or rehearsed. To me he looks like a man who really doesn't know what to do next. He is sitting in a really weird spot, and I would assume that he doesn't know what to do or what to say. People who he probably thought were his friends have begun rumors and said nasty things-think neighbors. He's pretty much damned if he does (everyone will pick apart every word he utters and make more out of any statement, look, twitch) AND damned if he doesn't (being quiet is making the rumor mill take off).

I'm not saying that either of them are in the wrong or right. It just seems that many instantly jumped to the conclusion that he is an evil demon. The big, rich man who got rid of his trouble making wife... There is no evidence to prove that. There's no evidence period! Just rumors.

While I do think that Matt and the police and even Gails siblings should be searching for her, I don't think that any of us others really have the right to interfere. If we want to watch for her jeep, great<modsnip>
As for proving you wrong, I would love to do that. Doing so would not only take suspicion off of Matt and his family, but would mean that we knew where Gail is and what she is up to. I would love to be able to do that, but I can't. I don't know what happened or what is going on. None of us on this forum do. I don't think Matt does. That is exactly why it bothers me so much when the nasty senarios are posted. Once they are out there, they can't be taken back. Example, if Gail showed up tomorrow and said all was well and she and Matt made up... there is always that suspicion. It never goes away. People meeting them 10 years from now will think... Palmgren- isn't that those people who???

You can never know what someone is capable of, but my knowledge of Matt Palmgren doesn't let me believe that he has done anything to harm Gail. He is a friendly, personable, fun loving type. He is a concerned and involved father - coaching ball teams, etc. He isn't the type to own a lake house for the prestige of it, but to have a great place to take the kids for the weekend. He's the type to take an afternoon off from work to take his mother to the Dr., or take a flight 100's of miles to go to the funeral or wedding of a friend. He's far from perfect, but I would never have imagined that he would be in the present situation. I am not in any way saying that people shouldn't be searching for Gail - I look for her jeep everywhere I go, and if there is an organized community search, I will be there. <modsnip comments about members> With the lack of true facts, we need to be open minded and searching for the truth, not focused on creating senarios that point to Matt.

Finally, if I am the one who is wrong, I wont be ashamed either, just terribly sad for everyone involved. Prayers to all.

bolded by me.

Are the neighbors really slinging mud or just telling it like it is?

I guess I also don't see how people getting involved in trying to find Gail would be "interfering". Why wouldn't people outside her family have the "right" to care about finding her?

But her friend has her passport, not GP. Surely her friend would have added that GP retrieved her passport if that was the case. If she got pulled over and she said she was someone other than who the car is registered to the cop would be suspicious and would look into it and find out the car belongs to a MP. They look up your car as soon as you are pulled over, if you dont have proof of registration, insurance or DL they are going to do a pretty thorough search I would think. There is a lot you can't do without CC or DL, sometimes you can't even rent a hotel room.

I'm not sure about the passport-I don't know enough about that, or what happened in this case. I do know I have copies of my passport with several friends/relatives in the event I am abroad and I lose my passport.

I do know that if you get pulled over and you don't have your drivers license on you, you can usually tell the cop you borrowed the car (or better yet- the registration has the same last name on it) and typically they will let you go with a fine and a citation to show up in court with your valid license a month or so later.

Has anyone checked the PD and SO records along that TN AL route to see about that?

PLEASE keep in mind, everyone- this is not what I think happened here. But again- it's all food for thought.

Then there must be other pings between when she called her sister and May 2nd which means LE knows where she was at least for that period of time, correct?

Unless the phone was shut off. In between times that is.

Possibly. What kind of phone does she have?

OK so no passport and no dl and no credit cards? What about debit cards? I mean she left with nothing? No birthcontrol pills, vitamins, clothing, anything?

bolded by me.

Are the neighbors really slinging mud or just telling it like it is?

Yes, aren't they just reporting what they saw when they spoke to Gail?

As a lawyer acquaintance of mine often says, Truth isn't Slander.

The next-door neighbor confirmed that she believed someone really was following Gail and saw a car turning around several times in their neighborhood. She also reported that Gail left items with her, and that the husband was having an affair, which has not been refuted so far by the husband even after being reported in the newspaper.

The neighbor in Alabama said that Gail had a black eye and explained it with the old excuse "I ran into something." No one has refuted that either, if there was some other explanation.

Confused said:
He did state in court docs that Gail had some mental issues, but so far, other than the sister and neighbor's denial, no one has shown that not to be the case. Could be that the LE has medical records supporting that... I don't know.
Um, no. LE has gone on the record that she did NOT have mental issues, and no records have surfaced at all. I realize there are privacy issues about that if she is still alive, but on the other hand, when someone is missing, the police don't usually mince words because they might be a danger to themselves.

Signal Mountain police Detective James Tizzio said his investigation had uncovered no psychiatric issues with the missing woman.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/07/police-searching-missing-signal-woman/

Confused, I can say that if the LE in this case are worth any salt, they have prolly thought of every scenario and speculation we here at WS have. Just because they are not saying anythng, doesn't necessarily mean they don't know anything. Why no organized searches at this point...IDK. Why not search the area of the last known cell ping and for the phone? I'm sure they have reviewed the records for any activity on all the family phones at this point...or at least I certainly hope so.

I will be watching to see if Matt shows up at the search or vigil. Maybe it wouldn't be wise for him to actually search, but he could do so many other things--like distributing posters, buying water and snacks for the searches....and even posting a reward. I don't think he will because he has lawyered up to shut up and at this point, after seeing the PC, he won't trip to the toilet without the PR pass from Hoss.

He certainly choked up for a sec when stating "we" turned everything over. Maybe he feels some of the things he turned over could be damaging or embarrassing. IMO.

OK so no passport and no dl and no credit cards? What about debit cards? I mean she left with nothing? No birthcontrol pills, vitamins, clothing, anything?

ok, you have to admit, the birth control idea is kind of funny.

so far as we know she left with her keys and possibly her cell phone only. if there are other items she took no one has mentioned them. we don't know if she had any money on her, or any jewelry that is supposedly missing. I wonder if she left some jewelry, with her friend at the lake.

I'm not sure about the passport-I don't know enough about that, or what happened in this case. I do know I have copies of my passport with several friends/relatives in the event I am abroad and I lose my passport.

I do know that if you get pulled over and you don't have your drivers license on you, you can usually tell the cop you borrowed the car (or better yet- the registration has the same last name on it) and typically they will let you go with a fine and a citation to show up in court with your valid license a month or so later.

That might work in some places, but not with the Tennessee or Alabama State Patrols. Seriously, she would know that.

Plus as many have stated here, Signal Mountain is known as a speed trap where they pull people over for any little thing. Not having a DL on you is just going to get someone a large fine and possibly a day in traffic court.

I can see no reason why a woman who just drove home four hours from Alabama would dump her DL and her purse and then drive away. This strikes me as a classic case of someone not leaving on their own, and maybe whoever left the stuff behind didn't think about how it would look to LE. JMOO

It's a bit like the Hailey Dunn case in which we are supposed to believe that young teenage girl would leave behind not only her purse and her brand new iPod, but her coat and shoes on a cold day in winter. It makes no sense.

Yes, aren't they just reporting what they saw when they spoke to Gail?

As a lawyer acquaintance of mine often says, Truth isn't Slander.

The next-door neighbor confirmed that she believed someone really was following Gail and saw a car turning around several times in their neighborhood. She also reported that Gail left items with her, and that the husband was having an affair, which has not been refuted so far by the husband even after being reported in the newspaper.

The neighbor in Alabama said that Gail had a black eye and explained it with the old excuse "I ran into something." No one has refuted that either, if there was some other explanation.

Um, no. LE has gone on the record that she did NOT have mental issues, and no records have surfaced at all. I realize there are privacy issues about that if she is still alive, but on the other hand, when someone is missing, the police don't usually mince words because they might be a danger to themselves.

Signal Mountain police Detective James Tizzio said his investigation had uncovered no psychiatric issues with the missing woman.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/07/police-searching-missing-signal-woman/

Also hippa does not apply if a doctor has reason to believe someone might be a danger to themselves- they are allowed to report that to LE.

Maybe she went to the lakehouse on the 29th because she was the one who was raving mad and the police told her to leave. Maybe the kids went with her to watch her, because Matt couldn't be in her presence without her getting more upset.

This time I must defend our SMPD. It is inconceivable for the police to tell a "raving mad" mother to leave the house WITH the children so that they could watch her--and with mom driving them on a 4 hr. trip to the lake house.

She left with a phone, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members