2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Believe, I learned today that the media, ABC News, paid for Casey Anthony's retainer fee's. I had no idea ??? Maybe the media gave her money, after all Houze is a good man for them to court, so to say. IMO

ABC paid for pictures of Caylee, and that money went to Casey's retainer fees. They didn't directly pay Casey's legal fees. Kaine and Desiree released 200 pictures of Kyron for free, so it wouldn't make any sense for the media to spend thousands of dollars buying even more pictures, since 200 is more than enough to show during a news segment or TV special about the case.

They were supposed to have a hearing Thursday to decide whether or not to continue the abatement, but there is nothing about it in the media. So, I am assuming the abatement will continue.

ABC paid for pictures of Caylee, and that money went to Casey's retainer fees. They didn't directly pay Casey's legal fees. Kaine and Desiree released 200 pictures of Kyron for free, so it wouldn't make any sense for the media to spend thousands of dollars buying even more pictures, since 200 is more than enough to show during a news segment or TV special about the case.

Thanks Eilleen, It was just a thought and am glad for the clarification.

With the silence, could be that both parties are working behind the scenes to hammer things out. I'm a law student/clerking at an office, and oftentimes, when the docket is silent, it's because we've been granted an extension, and there's been quite a bit of communication back and forth between both sides, with the judge's knowledge. There's a lot that goes on without the media ever knowing.

Assuming the RO was just a formality if Kaine requested it and Terri continued to silently agree? What is going on with the divorce? Is it going to be dragged out until all eternity?

Speaking of the RO, there are some who've wondered if perhaps Terri has had visitation with the baby and it's been kept secret. I'm wondering has anyone seen the baby with Kaine? Kaine has made himself very visible in the past year, mostly at children's events (e.g.,pumpkin patches, xmas tree farm, easter egg hunt, Kid's Fest), does anyone know if the baby was there with him at any of these events? I'm beginning to wonder if the baby has been secreted away somewhere? Were threats possibly made to the baby and she was hidden somewhere, but LE doesn't want the public (for obvious reasons) to know? This would explain why we're hearing nothing from Terri and it could explain why she dropped the visitation request. Just thinkin'.

I don't think after all little K has been through, Kaine would further traumatize her by separating with her himself.

IMO, Kaine has never appeared in public (on camera) with K because he would never want TMH to have the opportunity to see her. Kaine was pretty brave in the aftermath of all this. I don't know that I would have stayed in that house, but he did. He wanted Kyron to be able to return to his familiar surroundings, his home.

There's no way Terri has had visitation - I can't see Kaine allowing that, with how vocally he's spoken out about Terri. I say this as a fence sitter, who's not convinced Terri had anything to do with this. I am positive she has had no contact with Baby K since this all began. I don't think we can extrapolate anything from the fact that we've not seen Kaine with Baby K, other than he's kept her out of the public spotlight, for whatever reason.

I don't know but if I had concerns that my ex might abduct our children I would probably not take them with me in public events in which my presence was previously announced. He might be there. I also wouldn't like their photos ending up in the papers.

"Multnomah County judge extends restraining order Kaine Horman obtained against his wife, Terri Moulton Horman, through June 2012"

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/08/multnomah_county_judge_extends.html

From exhibit to support one-year extension:

"My son, Kyron, has been missing since June 4, 2010. I do not know where he is, if he has been harmed, or if he is alive. Local and federal law enforcement agencies are currently investigating my wife, respondent/Terri Horman, for her involvement in Kyron's disappearance. Terri Horman will not cooperate with law enforcement and will not assist in the search for Kyron. I believe that Terri Horman is responsible for Kyron's disappearance."

She has to keep quiet and demure another year? I don't think she's gonna make it.

If she's innocent, I don't know how she could cooperate further with LE. It's almost impossible to prove a negative.

What I see in the latest round is more of the same. KH seems to be repeating what he has said in the past to keep the RO going. At some point KH will have to start proving some of these accusations but with TH keeping quiet....it will be some time before this happens. I am still suspicions of KH somewhat. In this latest RO KH says the investigation into THs part is still ongoing but what in the world is LE doing, they have investigated for over a year with no answers as to Kyron's whereabouts. What next will they investigate TH for, bathroom trips? KH is buying time I feel. IMOO

If she's innocent, I don't know how she could cooperate further with LE. It's almost impossible to prove a negative.

Perhaps she could be affirmative and clarify her whereabouts on the day Kyron disappeared. Others, ITK, have suggested that she chooses not to share this information, but she is innocent of any involvement with Kyron's disappearance.

I would think it would not be a negative, but a positive, IF she would elect to give LE more information about her activities that day. In so doing, she could potentially create a to visitation with her daughter.

What I see in the latest round is more of the same. KH seems to be repeating what he has said in the past to keep the RO going. At some point KH will have to start proving some of these accusations but with TH keeping quiet....it will be some time before this happens. I am still suspicions of KH somewhat. In this latest RO KH says the investigation into THs part is still ongoing but what in the world is LE doing, they have investigated for over a year with no answers as to Kyron's whereabouts. What next will they investigate TH for, bathroom trips? KH is buying time I feel. IMOO

You are right, Kaine doesn't have to prove it if Terri doesn't fight it. But I just don't see anything suspicious about Kaine. It seems obvious to me that he's been doing what any of us would do to protect what's left of our family in a situation like this...he's tirelessly working to keep Kyron's case alive in the public eye while shielding his daughter from the person he, and LE, thinks is responsible for Kyron's disappearance.

The question is why isn't Terri fighting for her daughter? I still don't see any innocent woman going down this path. She's not fighting for her daughter at all. What innocent parent would just concede and give up their daughter for a second year?

I'm open to different possibilities and am generally pretty circumspect about these cases but I think in this one it's obvious that Terri's inaction on the custody issue is a big arrow pointing at her guilt.

One thing the Casey Anthony case reiterated is that prosecutors only get one chance to convict, so they better get it right. Prosecutors live with that fact every day so these boards are littered with cases where prime suspects haven't been arrested because the evidence is not enough for a conviction. Beyond a reasonable doubt is a pretty high standard so we see a lot of cases where LE is very confident they know who the perp is but can't pull the trigger on an arrest.

I sure hope Kaine is an innocent grieving father. I just don’t want to ever get up and read that he was involved in anything. In my mind he was the true love and safe haven for Kyron.

I sure hope Kaine is an innocent grieving father. I just don’t want to ever get up and read that he was involved in anything. In my mind he was the true love and safe haven for Kyron.

Rest assured, I don't think there is a chance of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine