CO CO - Denver, Rio Grande W RR @ 6th St & Navajo, WhtMale 60-70, UP7170, Sep'88

frankr

Reaction score
Since I live in Colorado, I though that I would "act locally". This case stuck out at me for some reason. The info is on the Denver coroner's page:

Year Case Gender Race Age Height Weight Hair Other
1988 Male Caucasian 60-70 5' 11.5" 138lbs Gray Frontal Balding
Where When Features Pictures
Rio Grande West Railroad at 6th St. & Navajo Hazel Eyes Picture 1

LINK - graphic post-mortem pic:

http://www.denvergov.org/Portals/259/documents/1988-1604-Picture1.jpg

Anyway, does anyone think it could be this guy?
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/3926/0/

I can't get a good feel on the profile for that missing person, but the ears look close to me.

I cannot pull up the John Doe website-is he listed anywhere else frankr?

Maybe just me, but that morgue picture looks like someone far older than the missing person. It also looks like what I'd describe as waaay more than just "frontal balding". All I got was picture of the morgue photo, no link to the description.

Also, wouldn't Namus at least mention if the missing person had full dentures? You'd think so. ?

Maybe just me, but that morgue picture looks like someone far older than the missing person. It also looks like what I'd describe as waaay more than just "frontal balding". All I got was picture of the morgue photo, no link to the description.

Also, wouldn't Namus at least mention if the missing person had full dentures? You'd think so. ?

The Denver coroner doesn't have any description beyond what I posted unfortunately. Here is the full link:

http://www.denvergov.org/UnidentifiedPersons/tabid/382768/Default.aspx

It certainly does go beyond frontal balding, but assuming that the guy went missing in Nov 1987 and the body was found in 1988 (no date specified), living on the street for 2+ months in Denver in winter is going to be tough on an older guy.

I called the Denver coroner this morning and sent my ID and tatertot's also.

I just spoke with the Denver Medical Examiner's office. The Denver UID man has no tattoo, so we can rule out Joe Lessley. The Denver UID was found with no teeth and also no dentures. He was found in September 1988, and the address where he was found is a bit off, the correct spot is 8th and Osage, near the train tracks. The only other new info she gave was that he had a smoking pipe.

Tomorrow I will call Phoenix PD and leave a message for the detective to see if he thinks the Denver UID is Patrick J Ratchford.

I discovered this during my search:

Denver has a 2004 "unidentified next of kin" for Kelly Dunn. DoeNetwork has a Kelly Sue Dunn missing since 1998. I have emailed my contact at the Denver coroner's office to see if she can make a match.

I spoke with a lady at NAMUS today, she will be contacting Phoenix PD to see if my first idea is a match.

I was just searching for Kelly on Google and came across this thread (I knew Kelly)

I am confused by the "unidentified next of kin" connection with the UID... please explain.

and did you ever hear back from the CO coroner, or AZ contact?

I was just searching for Kelly on Google and came across this thread (I knew Kelly)

I am confused by the "unidentified next of kin" connection with the UID... please explain.

and did you ever hear back from the CO coroner, or AZ contact?

Kelly Dunn is listed among persons for whom the Denver Office of the Medical Examiner is unable to locate family

http://www.denvergov.org/UnidentifiedNextofKinCases/tabid/382769/Default.aspx

Not sure if she is the same Kelly Sue Dunn, as KSD is from Alaska.

If you know any of her family members, they should contact the telephone number at the above link, just to be sure.

Can anyone see in Namus if Patrick Joseph Ratchford (mentioned in post #1 by @fra www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/3926/attachments) was ruled out. I know the hairline is very different and the UID was much balder, but the Namus photo seems to be a driving licence picture, in which case it could have pre-dated Ratchford's disappearance by a number of years. He does appear to have a prominent nose as does the UID, and the low brow with same brow shape, though there is no side view of Ratchford to compare. His Charley Project file does not indicate that he was a smoker (the UID had a pipe) and says he did not take anything with him when he left home.

Below from Charley Project Patrick Joseph Ratchford – The Charley Project

Ratchford was last seen in Phoenix, Arizona on November 24, 1987. He disappeared from his home at 35th Avenue and Campbell Avenue sometime between 12:30 and 6:30 a.m. He has never been heard from again.

He took very few belongings with him, except his wedding ring. He had spoken about suicide in the past, but investigators don't believe he took his own life because his religious beliefs prohibit suicide.

Ratchford is a former Catholic priest who left the monastery to marry. Since his disappearance there has been no activity on his Social Security number. His case remains unsolved.

UNIDENTIFIED PERSONS

Year Case Gender Race Age Height Weight Hair Other
1988 Male Caucasian 60-70 5' 11.5" 138lbs Gray Frontal Balding

Where When Features Pictures
Rio Grande West Railroad at 6th St. & Navajo Hazel Eyes Picture 1

September 17, 1988
Caucasian male
Height: Five-eleven
Weight: 138 pounds
Hair: Gray with frontal balding
Features: Hazel eyes, edentulous [lacking teeth]
Location: Rio Grande West Railroad yard at 6th Avenue and Navajo