Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who are interested, HLN Live 6 PM JeanC live now.

From Sailor Bugs link posted above:

Surveillance was assigned because van der Sloot deliberately hit his head against a wall last Saturday.

My guess is that was his latest suicide attempt reported. (rolls eyes)

MikeB: tryin to conceal his identity; upon leaving hotel, hair is dark, picked up - hair lightened

JVM:
- SR and VDS have common gambling interest
- her body found with knees to her chest seems to indicate a defensive posture
- no rape, but did she reject his sexual advances which then led to his rage

MD89, can't quote your post because the thread is closed--just wanted to say thanks, that would be greatly appreciated!

Some of the early reports indicated she was found face down. Jean C reported that her knees were bent and her legs drawn up to her chest, and JVM just said she was on her back. That seems to be a strange position to be in.

Question: when did dye his hair? maybe planning all along?
MikeB: reminiscent of ScottP; motive will be interesting
Quest: is death penalty an option?
MarkEiglarsh, Def Atty: no; but standard is like our civil system - preponderance of the evidence; 3 career judges.

What I would really like to see is a thread that lists all Spanish URL's, all Spanish videos, where NATIVE Spanish speakers (like me for example) can go and do a REAL translation? I am so sick of the googled translations that I can't stand it anymore. I don't have time to go look for links in Spanish, but I WILL take the time to translate if someone posts the links.

There is more than just ONE native Spanish speaker on Websleuths, we would all take turns, I'm sure. This case is confusing enough! There is certainly no need to confuse things further with lousy translations. Just my 2 cents worth. It would be a thread with accurate translations ONLY. What do you think, would this be a workable solution?

From Sailor Bugs link posted above:

Surveillance was assigned because van der Sloot deliberately hit his head against a wall last Saturday.

My guess is that was his latest suicide attempt reported. (rolls eyes)

Well, I hope he keeps trying...over and over and....Maybe they put him in a paper gown like they do in the U.S. when prisioners try that here...then again, I don't think they would have them there either..LOL :loser:

Peru has assigned a public defense attorney for van der Sloot, Rosa Luisa Camargo Madrid, but van der Sloot will ask for a lawyer from his country; he will also have a translator, Mauricio Stains.

Meanwhile, the suspect is currently jailed at the investigations building of Peru's national police, sharing his cell with another suspect of homicide and under the permanent surveillance of four agents, because there are fears that he could either try to commit suicide, or be killed.

However, he has had meals and slept normally while on his cell; he is having the same meals that police officers receive while on duty.

Representatives from the Netherlands embassy have visited him, but it is still unclear if they will provide a lawyer for van der Sloot or not.

Lawyers consulted by LivinginPeru.com said that if the case reaches court, the whole trial may take two years.

Van der Sloot could be jailed either at Miguel Castro Castro Prison (aka "Lurigancho") or at Piedras Gordas High Security Prison.

http://www.livinginperu.com/news-12...xual-motive-ruled-out-peru-van-der-sloot-case

I am presently listening to HLN on sirius radio and the reporter in Peru covering the story for CNN HLN just told Mike (Gallanos) that from an exclusive police report she received from the Peruvian authorities states that when Stephanny was found the only piece of clothing that she had on was her shirt - no panties - she was found on her back, knees drawn up to her chest.

The reporter (sorry, did not catch her name but she fills in for the NG show sometimes), states that Peru really needs to investigate further whether Joran sexually assaulted her and noted that that could have happened but Joran did not "complete"/"finish". Therefore no DNA proof.

Gawd, if that is the case how horrendous!!! The way the reporter stated this makes it sound that he possibly sexually did something to her after she was dead, or so near death that she was not moving. OMG this is sick!!!

What I would really like to see is a thread that lists all Spanish URL's, all Spanish videos, where NATIVE Spanish speakers (like me for example) can go and do a REAL translation? I am so sick of the googled translations that I can't stand it anymore. I don't have time to go look for links in Spanish, but I WILL take the time to translate if someone posts the links.

There is more than just ONE native Spanish speaker on Websleuths, we would all take turns, I'm sure. This case is confusing enough! There is certainly no need to confuse things further with lousy translations. Just my 2 cents worth. It would be a thread with accurate translations ONLY. What do you think, would this be a workable solution?

Hi Mohabi, I asked earlier, but no one took my bait. LOL. I'd love to know what this video media report states about Elton Garcia. Thanks in advance if you can give us a decent translation. :angel:

http://translate.googleusercontent....le.com&usg=ALkJrhg62ChluCkcKBB2r2vMHD4f8XoH-g

Don't know if this has been posted yet with so many post there is no way I can read them all right now.

We learned directly from the medical examiner's office today that the victim was lying on her back, fully clothed, not covered. She had blood coming from the left side of her head, from her ear, and her nose. And there was blunt force trauma to the back of her head and her lower neck, of which the blunt force trauma caused hemorrhaging in the brain and caused death. That is the cause of death.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,594062,00.html

I think thats an excellent idea cuz I feel like this after I read them..:shocked2:

I am presently listening to HLN on sirius radio and the reporter in Peru covering the story for CNN HLN just told Mike (Gallanos) that from an exclusive police report she received from the Peruvian authorities states that when Stephanny was found the only piece of clothing that she had on was her shirt - no panties - she was found on her back, knees drawn up to her chest.

The reporter (sorry, did not catch her name but she fills in for the NG show sometimes), states that Peru really needs to investigate further whether Joran sexually assaulted her and noted that that could have happened but Joran did not "complete"/"finish". Therefore no DNA proof.

Gawd, if that is the case how horrendous!!! The way the reporter stated this makes it sound that he possibly sexually did something to her after she was dead, or so near death that she was not moving. OMG this is sick!!!

The evidence that they look for of sexual assault involves more than the presence of semen.

The clothing reports have varied from fully clothed, to shirt and panties, to nothing.

I personally think Joran's motive was financial. His mother wasn't talking to him. He had asked friend's to send money. He had the audacity to contact the Holloway's for money.

MOO

I got the impression that due to the position of her body when found, it may be indicative of a defensive posture - on back, knees up to chest (as per JVMitchell). An attempted sexual assault which she may have resisted that led to his rage.

Also, JC has been saying no pants, but panties (and black tee-shirt) nearly all day.

From this article:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,594062,00.html

And as far as the weapon, the ME made some interesting speculations. He opined that the kind of box frame to the bed, a European-style bed where the mattress sits on top -- the mattress was askew in the corner. It was away, as if the victim right where she laid below that corner, possibly that corner of that hardwood frame could have been what she collided with on the back of her head.

See pics here: Where is the frame they are referring to?
Pics of the room in the hotel where Joran stayed - the room is similar to the one where murder

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5260536&postcount=942"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Joran Van der Sloot Caught! # 4[/ame]

The above link posted prior to thread #4 being closed.

(sorry for interrupting coverage of JVM in this thread, please ignore if tracking that---JVM and NG does not come on here for hours and hours from now)

To Nancy the poster in the above link:

Nancy I am reserving trying to figure out a motive for JVDS' crimes against Stephany (and Natalee).

I had always assumed that the motive for the crime in Aruba was sexual. I am not so sure now. I have to go back and reevaluate everything I have thought about the crime in Aruba.

I am not going to go with the motive of robbery for the murder in Peru just yet because JVDS is one of the most pathological men I have seen in a very very long time.

In fact, IMHO with someone this pathologically complex---someone this profoundly disordered may not be compelled by what we would find as simple straightfoward motives. KWIM?

IMHO I can't assume that Natalee was sexually assaulted now, just because it's a commonsensical conclusion. Nothing about this man will be commonsensical IMHO.

I can't assume that Natalee was murdered in a "soft kill" way, given the sheer brutality in which Stephany was murdered. Because we don't know where the crime in Aruba took place and we don't know what NH suffered at the hands of this man.

For right now, of course my opinion will change as facts come out---I have to assume that JVDS murdered simply because he could. No other motive at this time....JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee