LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
and if she is stopped as I think she is in the video still of her? She doesn't As do at least one other avid cyclist and one other photo editing guru do also? In that scenario, the truck rolls up behind her in within the next few seconds or minute and hits her at approximately 15mph. She latches onto the bike, but is pushed forward, and under the nose? The front bumper hits her head as she goes under the nose in between the two tires.. possible?

Simple answer, in MOO, NO. If she were stopped, there's video of her stopped. There are people at the gas station. There are other vehicles on the street.

Ok, so now i'm thinking, what if, at some point beyond Circle K, Mickey was being trailed by a car or truck. She couldn't out race them, so instinct tells me her next action would be to pull into the closest driveway of say a business or parking lot. Seems from what i saw in the pictures someone posted (sorry I forgot who), there are industrial areas that are dark and closed for the night. If the car or truck followed her into one of these places and struck her off the road in a deserted lot, it would be easier for this person/persons to abduct her and the bike. I believe May 19 was a Saturday. That would give the perps time to go back on Sunday if any clean up was necessary. If not and there were no cameras in the vicinity, it would be clear sailing for the assailant(s).

According to ACI, the LCG surveillence cameras record continuously. Here is the link from a previous thread:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

IF she were hit by the truck in front of Circle K, the truck would have to be in the frame already with continuous feed video.

This is exactly the same information I've been told, but I can't post a link, so y'all can take it or leave it. My neighbor is a city employee, told me this in conversation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=X9A5PVGhvBQ#t=709s

Reporter: "How far down..was that the last camera that sees her that came out of City Hall? I don't ____ nothing else after ____ pass through the Circle, no other camera in that direction?"

LE : "No other camera that we have found has captured her on video. You know, it's possible that.. you know.. someone in one of these vehicles may have saw Mickey turn off on a side street, which would assist in the investigation."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=X9A5PVGhvBQ#t=709s

Reporter: "How far down..was that the last camera that sees her that came out of City Hall? I don't ____ nothing else after ____ pass through the Circle, no other camera in that direction?"

LE : "No other camera that we have found has captured her on video. You know, it's possible that.. you know.. someone in one of these vehicles may have saw Mickey turn off on a side street, which would assist in the investigation."

It's this statement from LE and the conversations here on WS many threads ago that make me think Mickey turned down Braeshear St.

According to ACI, the LCG surveillence cameras record continuously. Here is the link from a previous thread:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

IF she were hit by the truck in front of Circle K, the truck would have to be in the frame already with continuous feed video.

I was in those threads. Why the absence of confirmatory information from an official source this many weeks later?

I don't get the wall of silence.

LE should release the video or explain why (or even IF) they cannot or will not release the video.

It's not complicated.

Evidence they *could* have on video:
-Mickey hit by truck, followed by many sub scenarios regarding dragging or snatching
-Mickey well clear of the intersection before the vehicle appears: truck issue solved
-Something else happening to Mickey after the last image of her that we miss in the lapsed time: after all this time they don't need witnesses they haven't yet interviewed if it's on video
-Mickey voluntarily climbing into the truck with someone she knew or trusted
-Perp on foot (my personal fave), cropped out of the frame
-LE has nothing more than we have due to a camera malfunction, accidental erasure, whatever
-Mickey crossed the street and put air in her tire at the Circle K, somebody there grabbed her
-etc, etc, etc

If continuous video footage exists and they don't want to release before or after, release interim frames between the Mickey frame and the truck frame.

Enough time has lapsed, IMO. Saying the release of additional *frames* will endanger the investigation at this point requires a suspension of logical thought.

If there's nothing to hide, open the door. A citizen is missing, people are entitled to know if they are also in danger.

Many of you have said that LE would not knowingly release a pic of Mickey and/or bike under the truck. I agree w/ that. We, I think, would all agree that the quality of the released pics is poor.

Do you think there is any possibility that LE released the truck pic(s) without realizing what may be under the truck? For those that have kept track of every press release, timing, etc... What agencies were involved when the truck pic was released? Was it only LPD?

Nothing against LPD, but maybe they did not know/see what we may see in the pics at that time. I know we have some phenomenal sleuths here with extraordinary skills - perhaps more skilled that the local PD at the initial phase of this case.

Is there a chance that LPD released what they thought were pics of truck only, only to find later after closer observation/testing/enhancing that there is indeed more to see (Mickey, bike, etc???).

So... now they can't backtrack and say, "Oooops, we should not have released that?"

Even if they are stills from continuous video - the darn quality is so poor, who knows what it shows? Maybe someone got it wrong that told ACI and others that it's continuous?

I also agree with those that have wondered too why the released pics are perfectly centered vs. if they were chance shots from a camera that snaps pics every so often. I can't take credit for that thought - others thought it before me. Don't want to seem like I "thunk" it up! Why also, as has been brought up, does the focus/cropping change?

Thoughts?

No official in any capacity has said there's *nothing* under that truck wheel.

I'm not saying it's Mickey. I'm saying it requires an explanation. Period.

And I only said I thought the debate was over. I said nothing about u saying it's Mickey. I'm not one of the people actually debating with you saying it isn't. I thought this debate was over after ACI called because that topic went away sort of, but because of no new information it came up again.

I understand you're already frustrated (we all are) so I apologize if my post rubbed you in the wrong way.

This image makes it appear there is a different white truck driving along the street in the background. It is white and has wheels ,impossible to see what kinda of car/truck it may be but it is odd both are there at the exact time.

Yep...as I said earlier-it looks like another DWT!

I deleted the last message so as not to blow the margins.
How do I start a thread for Linnea Lomax, missing since yesterday?
https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindLinnea

Dang, another petitie white blonde. I guess she could have went anywhere after 1pm. I hate to think she was snatched in the daylight, cause thats one brave person to do that. I still can't shake the feeling that this is a web of people abducting these girls. Not positive, just keep thinking about it. JMO

I was in those threads. Why the absence of confirmatory information from an official source this many weeks later?

I don't get the wall of silence.

LE should release the video or explain why (or even IF) they cannot or will not release the video.

It's not complicated.

Evidence they *could* have on video:
-Mickey hit by truck, followed by many sub scenarios regarding dragging or snatching
-Mickey well clear of the intersection before the vehicle appears: truck issue solved
-Something else happening to Mickey after the last image of her that we miss in the lapsed time: after all this time they don't need witnesses they haven't yet interviewed if it's on video
-Mickey voluntarily climbing into the truck with someone she knew or trusted
-Perp on foot (my personal fave), cropped out of the frame
-LE has nothing more than we have due to a camera malfunction, accidental erasure, whatever
-Mickey crossed the street and put air in her tire at the Circle K, somebody there grabbed her
-etc, etc, etc

If continuous video footage exists and they don't want to release before or after, release interim frames between the Mickey frame and the truck frame.

Enough time has lapsed, IMO. Saying the release of additional *frames* will endanger the investigation at this point requires a suspension of logical thought.

If there's nothing to hide, open the door. A citizen is missing, people are entitled to know if they are also in danger.

LE could have a shot of a vehicle pulling out of the LCG lot behind DWT. They could know that that vehicle is the perp and not want to show us what that vehicle looks like which would explain the way the still is cropped. They could be showing us the DWT because they know that it is a witness and LE just wants to know what they saw. LE might not want us to know what the perps vehicle looks like because they don't want him/her to know they are on to them.

Yep...as I said earlier-it looks like another DWT!

What does DWT stand for I am assuming WT is for white truck but have no clue what the D is for.

I cant say it is for sure even a truck but I thought I did read LE talking about two white trucks a few pages back or threads back , I have skipped arround on this case but What stands out to me is the statements LE has made about damage to the bike is that they seem to think it has been damaged twice. Based on the wording they are using.

I cant say there is something under the truck for sure or not either I did notice one part of what people say is under the truck looks like an uneven line in the road based on the photo of Mickey on her bike and that falls into the shadow of the truck tire making it appear to take a shape.

Many of you have said that LE would not knowingly release a pic of Mickey and/or bike under the truck. I agree w/ that. We, I think, would all agree that the quality of the released pics is poor.

Do you think there is any possibility that LE released the truck pic(s) without realizing what may be under the truck? For those that have kept track of every press release, timing, etc... What agencies were involved when the truck pic was released? Was it only LPD?

Nothing against LPD, but maybe they did not know/see what we may see in the pics at that time. I know we have some phenomenal sleuths here with extraordinary skills - perhaps more skilled that the local PD at the initial phase of this case.

Is there a chance that LPD released what they thought were pics of truck only, only to find later after closer observation/testing/enhancing that there is indeed more to see (Mickey, bike, etc???).

So... now they can't backtrack and say, "Oooops, we should not have released that?"

Even if they are stills from continuous video - the darn quality is so poor, who knows what it shows? Maybe someone got it wrong that told ACI and others that it's continuous?

I also agree with those that have wondered too why the released pics are perfectly centered vs. if they were chance shots from a camera that snaps pics every so often. I can't take credit for that thought - others thought it before me. Don't want to seem like I "thunk" it up! Why also, as has been brought up, does the focus/cropping change?

Thoughts?

Hmmmmm... it would help explain LE reluctance/refusal to release anything further from the video. Or to communicate why they won't release anything else. I was thinking the same thing; I don't personally know anything about LPD, but I live in a small Louisiana city and I know some people would probably use the word "podunk" in relation to our local LE. I'm not saying it, of course, but, you know.. I don't think it's crazy that they had an "oops" and didn't realize the bike was under the truck in the picture.

OT and just for kicks, I took this at my office, which only has about 18 people total. I work for a contractor. Those are all 4 door z-71's on the end, and we have a couple of more parked up front. If the DWT is important, I hope they have more footage making it easily identifiable.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 60
What does DWT stand for I am assuming WT is for white truck but have no clue what the D is for.

I cant say it is for sure even a truck but I thought I did read LE talking about two white trucks a few pages back or threads back , I have skipped arround on this case but What stands out to me is the statements LE has made about damage to the bike is that they seem to think it has been damaged twice. Based on the wording they are using.

I cant say there is something under the truck for sure or not either I did notice one part of what people say is under the truck looks like an uneven line in the road based on the photo of Mickey on her bike and that falls into the shadow of the truck tire making it appear to take a shape.

DamnWhiteTruck.

Dang, another petitie white blonde. I guess she could have went anywhere after 1pm. I hate to think she was snatched in the daylight, cause thats one brave person to do that. I still can't shake the feeling that this is a web of people abducting these girls. Not positive, just keep thinking about it. JMO

I read that her dad made a statement that she had recently had a nervous breakdown. I am praying with all my heart that she is just taking a little break and not a victim of foul play. She sure is a beautiful young woman.

If the truck is stopped and the driver's side door is open, there is more video footage of the truck stopped there. Therefore, I put the likelihood of this at slim to none. Just MOO.

Yeah... hubby thinks I am seeing the curb at the gas station...not the top of the door...
also said I need to just stop giving my opinion on these pics!
I have Serous Retinopathy in my right eye!
Time to come to terms with that fact...
while color and the overall image is ok
any lines are distorted...
This is how a normal eye sees
amsler2.jpg
This is how my right eye sees
h5550934.jpg
:no: I can't see like I used to.
:tmi:-gracefully bowing out of any future image discussions:seeya:

Hmmmmm... it would help explain LE reluctance/refusal to release anything further from the video. Or to communicate why they won't release anything else. I was thinking the same thing; I don't personally know anything about LPD, but I live in a small Louisiana city and I know some people would probably use the word "podunk" in relation to our local LE. I'm not saying it, of course, but, you know.. I don't think it's crazy that they had an "oops" and didn't realize the bike was under the truck in the picture.

I don't think it's crazy either! Even with all the enhancements from expert WSers... WE can't all agree! Lol~

After nearly a week without results in the search for missing Michaela 'Mickey' Shunick, police have revealed they have uncovered surveillance footage of the 22-year old riding her bike.

Two videos both show the University of Louisiana student on St. John Street and St. Landry Street in Lafayette.

And in both videos a white four-door pick-up truck is seen to pass by on camera after Schunick rides by and date from 1.47 and 1.48 a.m after the student had left a friends house on Saturday May 19.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eillance-footage-uncovered.html#ixzz1z78Wq9L6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member