GUILTY PA - Patricia Crawley for abandoning newborn, Philadelphia, 2011

I have two kids, a boy and a girl. They didn't learn about safe haven at school either. I talked to both of the and told them. Even my son, because there was always a chance that he could know of someone getting pregnant.

I'd like to see posters about safe haven laws in all hospitals, doctors offices and post offices as well as public buildings.

But from what I have seen on here it isn't the teens who abandon their kids on the street or try to sell them. Though they are often the ones who kill them at birth. The ones selling are usually older and addicts. The ones who abandon are between teen and the addict age. They are sometimes parents of other kids. Sometimes mental health problems, all with little emotional support.

Pretty phreakin phabulous IMO.

Kiesha Browning was paying it forward and decided to throw a baby shower for baby Noel. Browning who had the Blessing of having someone pay off her layaway and hitting a school raffle for $250.00 decided to throw a shower for lil Noel.

People came not only from the neighborhood, but from across the city and even as far as Wildwood, New Jersey. Cakes were donated. Photography was donated.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8483962

Filly don't tear up too easily anymore, but when I heard this last night and read it I got all misty eyed. We do have some phenomenal people here in Philly. Plus Noel has brought Blessings to more children as she's been receiving so much that other children at DHS will benefit from the kindness of strangers.

That baby is too A-DOR-ABLE!

Thanks to Ms. Browning and all the other kind souls out there that care.

Very special. Both the baby and the people who decided to shower her with gifts. It is inevitable that someday this child will learn how it was abandoned at birth. I just hope that when the child learns that, that it will also be told about how the community welcomed her to the world and gives her the pictures.

This makes me wonder....
Is the woman who gave birth to baby Noel seeing this as well?

Is she wondering what it would have been like...
What would it have been like, to have a baby shower...
To be taking care of and holding that baby?

I wonder if she cares?
I hope she does...

Pretty phreakin phabulous IMO.

Kiesha Browning was paying it forward and decided to throw a baby shower for baby Noel. Browning who had the Blessing of having someone pay off her layaway and hitting a school raffle for $250.00 decided to throw a shower for lil Noel.

People came not only from the neighborhood, but from across the city and even as far as Wildwood, New Jersey. Cakes were donated. Photography was donated.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8483962

Filly don't tear up too easily anymore, but when I heard this last night and read it I got all misty eyed. We do have some phenomenal people here in Philly. Plus Noel has brought Blessings to more children as she's been receiving so much that other children at DHS will benefit from the kindness of strangers.

That baby is too A-DOR-ABLE!

Thanks to Ms. Browning and all the other kind souls out there that care.

Do you realize how many ppeople come an go from the hospital? Yhis
mom didnn't want people seeing her.

Do you realize how many ppeople come an go from the hospital? Yhis
mom didnn't want people seeing her.

Sparky!! So great to see you :) Sorry for the OT - just saw your name and had to pop in. I'll read the story now....

I really hope they never find this mother. Cause they (DCFS) are starting to talk how their primary goal is re-unification. Give me a break already.

Yep, because next time it will be three bags and some duct tape....and the only social gathering will be a memorial.

Why can't I just once find one of these tossed darlings??? Knowing that what you just wrote is a possibility, I'd be hard pressed to turn the baby in. Hypothetically, of course.

CPS just follow whatever guidelines they are given. Now their guidelines call for re-unification. How about using some common sense for a change, instead of looking for the mother, so they can report another re-unification? Give the child a chance at a happy life by adopting her out to a loving family.

Waiting on a link from our evening news that just announced:

Ms. Crawley has a few aliases

Two more children

Baby Noel had cocaine in her system (Thus the crack addict theory)

Extensive criminal record

Hoping Baby Noel is doing well that little doll.

One of the articles says she's know to hang around certain cross streets, makes me wonder if she's not a prostitute......

One of the articles says she's know to hang around certain cross streets, makes me wonder if she's not a prostitute......

Thanks, peeples. I didn't read that one. Yep usually when you read those cross streets that's where the drugs are and that's where ultimately you wind up tricking. If the baby had cocaine in her system there's a real, real good chance this woman is a crack addict.

So does that mean this baby can be adopted now???
Not just left in foster care for years?

So does that mean this baby can be adopted now???
Not just left in foster care for years?

Well this may make jjenny's head explode so I apologize. Miss Crawley's aunt says she now has plans to try and adopt the baby.

Our 11:00 news did an interview with the aunt that raised Miss Crawley. She mentioned she spoke with her some time ago and asked her what she did and she hung up on her. The aunt also explined it's the drugs and that three years ago she would never had done such a thing.

Then matter-of-factly said she would motion to adopt the baby so she could be with family. They did give her name, but I didn't catch it so may take me a bit to find the link.

Soooooooooooooo yes I guess she can be adopted.

Yes, that's not prime real estate there, peeples. Thank you again for linking.

Gotta love it when MSM/LE names an area where someone is known to frequent and it is not the "Township" area or "East Side" area but instead a street corner.

I hope this baby is quickly adopted into a forever home.

Gotta love it when MSM/LE names an area where someone is known to frequent and it is not the "Township" area or "East Side" area but instead a street corner.

I hope this baby is quickly adopted into a forever home.

Adopted? But CPS has all these re-unification plans for her.

Adopted? But CPS has all these re-unification plans for her.

Yeah I know, her mama didn't do this, it was the drugs. This time I'm hoping common sense prevails. Wild concept, I know!

Yeah I know, her mama didn't do this, it was the drugs. This time I'm hoping common sense prevails. Wild concept, I know!

It wasssssssssssssss the drugs. She was "bleary" she said.:banghead::banghead::banghead: She also didn't have a phone.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

She's been acquitted of quite a few charges. I'll link.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back