GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://sexoffender.ncdoj.gov/details.aspx?SRN=009596S6 - Here is the mugshot taken of TS before Jaren's case.

Here's the latest mugshot ~ http://www.wxii12.com/news/local-ne...ed/-/10626528/15119626/-/g4o1vsz/-/index.html

Still have to locate the picture that shows them side-by-side. (see below at BW's link)

Did he do something to his ears since then? There's a picture with this mugshot and the his new mugshot. I'll find that one and link it here too. He looks different (that orange hair doesn't help) but how come his ears look different now?

This is where I saw the side-by-side images - on Bill Warner's site investigating if TS could be a serial killer.
http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/

I'm a photographer and graphic designer. Looking at the two pictures it's not that they are that different, it's just that it looks like someone who doesn't know what they are doing with images cropped the North Carolina photo in a way that didn't keep the proportions relative, which squished his face and makes his ears look like they stick out more. Actually, it might even just be the way the web person posted them on the web - here is a direct link to that image when not shown through the website and you can see that he looks less "squished" (for lack of a better term! )

http://sexoffender.ncdoj.gov/photo.aspx?srn=009596S6

photo.aspx
Terry-Christopher-Speaks-Louisiana-mugshot.jpg

It doesn't look like he's done anything to me but gotten older, grown out his hair, and dyed it orange. Not to mention the pictures are taken from very different angles and the lens of the cameras have added distortion which makes features look vastly different from one photograph to the next.

This image below of the same woman shows how the different lens and focal length REALLY makes a difference in how someone looks:

xlarge_e4315eb25d608da3dcf848172e4f2928.jpg

Link to full article that explains lens distortion which the image above was taken from:
http://gizmodo.com/5857279/this-is-how-lenses-beautify-or-uglify-your-pretty-face

I think this is a good thing. Get her stabilized, medicated, some counseling and hopefully she will come to her senses.

Her weakness and mood swings that have been brought up would make her a prime target for TS. Someone he could establish control over. Once it sinks in that she is facing charges, he was using her and she will never see him again then hopefully she will talk. If she fears him and displays common characteristics of abuse, she will need to be deprogrammed.

That is, unless my original thoughts are true and she stabbed Jaren be cause see got jealous and/or flipped out for whatever reason.

From what I see of her so far, she either is feeling a great deal of remourse for killing Jaren or she is scared sick from what she saw or scared for her life.

Sometimes people will not open up to LE because they do not feel that LE will or can protect them.

It will be a while before forensic results are completed on electronic devices, items taken from the home and the vehicle is analyzed.

For those that were asking before, yes information released through the media will slow down some during these times. Don't fret though, LE is busy behind the scenes working.

http://sexoffender.ncdoj.gov/photohistory.aspx?srn=009596S6

Photo history for TS.

photo.aspx
photo.aspx
photo.aspx

I think he looks old and tired in the "current" mugshot.

It is weird that in some pictures his face looks round and in others it looks long. The the pictures where his face is round and in the surveillance tape he reminds me of a guy I used to know ( this case made me look him up and see what was up his way b/c he reminded me so much of him) . But with his face looking long he does not. Coincidentally his name is Chris. I was not the only person who looked him up after seeing the video. Note: we all knew for a fact it was not him since he does not like women in that way and as he even still says I wouldn't be caught dead with a female. He was all sad that this guy made us all think of him, poor guy.

And the most recent photo has him standing back with his head at a different angle, so the face is deceiving. LE is satisfied with its prisoner, and he was checked out via fingerprints. It is Speaks.

Yep it is! BUT wouldn't ears that stick out be something a victim who saw him remember very distinctly? He didn't get his ears fixed for "vanity" he did it to stay off the radar and remain on the run!
In my "professional" opinion (I am a pediatric nurse and have known many children that had it done...) he did have his ears pinned, camera angles don't affect how the ears lay on the skull...
Hair length doesn't matter even in girls if the ears protrude from the head they tend to peek out through the hair...
I'm looking at his mug shots, I wonder if we can figure out a time frame that he had it done...
hmmm...
moo

Steroid use would also affect the appearance of the neck shoulders and face as well.

* AS well as camera angles, distortion, distance and horizontal/vertical skew!

Has anyone come across a mugshot of his profile?

Just wanted to quickly mention that it certainly does appear as tho TS has had his ears pinned.. id guess it all depends on just how vein this dude is but I must admit that gngr -snaps above comparison really does show the difference.. my main reasob for commenting was to say that while most would say he'd have to be an extremely vain male to have done so but the procedure is extremely extremely simple and relatively low cost in comparison to other cosmetic surgery.. its something he could have afforded and had done with no one even being the wiser that he'd had it done..

Moo but the above pic truly does make an extremely good argument for his having had his ears pinned.. id bet that anycosmetic professional who has experience in cosmetic procedures would agree 100% that T's has had his ears pinned.. jmo

PS.. in speaking of the bill Warner site my God have you aall seen the possible women they have now attached TS to as the possible perp.. makes ya think that's for sure.. tho IMO i by no means believe him to be involved with them all it does however get me thinking about the possibility atleast with a few of them.. link upthread..

I think it's longer hair and some weight gain.

As I mentioned before, Im a photographer when Im not doing what Im doing. Massive differences in appearance are not uncommon even without photoshop. Cameras try to make a 3-d image work in 2-d and often fail. I had a recent shoot with a friend of mine and in one of the shots, she bore a striking resemblance to Lady Gaga even though she looks nothing like her. The photos were unretouched.

This that affect this are the focal length and distance from the lens of the subject, as well as framing. A short focal length lens very close to the subject will make the face look wide/fat. A long focal length shot at a distance will make it look skinny/thin. And there are many variations in between.

The people on the board who have met him say the photos are him.

Absolutely could be longer hair and differing angles.. and more than likely it is.. to me it makes no difference but wanted say i have 2 clients that have had their ears pinned(probably a better sounding term for the procedure but ya get the gist of what I'm speaking of) ..anyhoo the 2 i know that did so both said effortless procedure and didn't cost them big money.. therefore i simply made mention of what i knew about the procedure especially after the side by side i quoted in my last post..

I agree more likely that he did not have this procedure tho.. just putting it out there and definitely NOT stating it as fact or even assumption..

Just about everyone that works in the quarter carries a knife on them. Especially if you work nights. We also have known weekends that are troublesome and a bit scary. If you normally carry a knife, these weekends you would carry two, or walk with someone with a handgun.

In the state of louisiana, your vehicle is an extension of your home when it comes to handguns. You can travel down the street locked and loaded with it sitting on your passenger seat. No permit is needed. Just about everyone I know with a handgun takes advantage of that.

With that said, I don't believe that anyone carries a hunting knife on them, that I know of, yet, it's not far out for a large knife to be in someone's vehicle. I carry a 4" blade daily in the quarter, and it is a decent size and weight. Cops have seen it and don't really make an issue about it. Yet I know some people that carry larger knives just because it was all they had, or have access too without purchasing one.

On the outskirts of town, if you're driving early morning, the bums tend to harass cars too, especially if you're waiting at a light.

Just some insight into the life of a quarter rat! lol
A little insight from a former Quarter rat: a couple of rolls of quarters in the bottom of your purse can be pretty effective, too. ;)

PS.. in speaking of the bill Warner site my God have you aall seen the possible women they have now attached TS to as the possible perp.. makes ya think that's for sure.. tho IMO i by no means believe him to be involved with them all it does however get me thinking about the possibility atleast with a few of them.. link upthread..

Somewhat off-topic. TS is from Surry County, NC. An adjoining county is Yadkin County, NC. There was a serial killer from Yadkin, Adam Leroy Lane, dubbed the "Highway Killer." I-77 runs through both counties, and I-74 breaks off from I-77 in Surry County. This is a relatively small population-base for these two such people to originate.

Adam Leroy Lane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A little insight from a former Quarter rat: a couple of rolls of quarters in the bottom of your purse can be pretty effective, too. ;)

lol, I have lots of quarters in my bag! But they're not rolled!!!! I have seen the bums with Bricks in their bags swinging them around at people! lol. I want a tazer!

I haven't figured out how to double quote yet, but I agree with the photographer guy. Both those pictures look skewed to me. The center shot in the NC photos look like it was taken in a convex mirror and his recent one a concave. Or maybe that's backwards. I should have paid attention in school. I think his recent photo looks squished and the NC photo looks like it was expanded. Like when I try and put a pic I took on my desktop and click... fit to screen.

Both pics look like him, but they are both bad pics.

I agree with the photographer guy. Both those pictures look skewed to me. The center shot in the NC photos look like it was taken in a convex mirror and his recent one a concave. Or maybe that's backwards. I should have paid attention in school. I think his recent photo looks squished and the NC photo looks like it was expanded. Like when I try and put a pic I took on my desktop and click... fit to screen.

Both pics look like him, but they are both bad pics.

(not that it really matters - but I'm a girl. :) )

I remember reading that one of the strippers said that TS and MS mentioned the "party" was in East New Orleans.

As for the hunting knife, it is not an ideal knife for stabbing because it is only sharp on one edge, whereas a dagger is more ideal for stabbing. However, hunting knives are a good tool for skinning and cutting meat. To stab with the hunting knife would have taken a great deal of force, but once it was in, it would have made a more-than-adequate-sized hole that could have caused heavy blood loss, where making an additional stab wound would not have been necessary. I am thinking the same knife used to kill JL was used to dismember her. It is possible this hunting knife was laying around a fish camp or cabin, but I think TS was carrying it all along. Someone earlier said he was known to carry a knife on him.
Above BBM.. I must respectfully disagree with the above bolded regarding a hunting knife not being ideal to stab.. in fact I must say the exact opposite in that all of the hunting knives my hubby and other family members own would be extremely efficient.. this due to the fact that the knives are used to penetrate the deer when dressing/cleaning the deer.. below is just a couple examples of exactly what type hunting knives are widely/easily available(followed by a link to 1000s of different sizes, as well as both fixed blade hunting knives as well as folding hunting knives) ..as seen below IMO hunting knives are not merely fully capable of stabbing, but many would also be fully capable of being used to dismember as well..
amazon_hunting+knives_d3d4b7.jpg

http://www./images/product/69/6_365654.jpg
http://www./images/product/49/2_248603.jpg
Link to wide variety of hunting knives(including folding hunting knives) :
http://www./hunting-knife/

ETA: on a completely separate note would you mind linking to the source that states the "party" was in East NO? ..I,too recall reading some specifics about the proposed party and it being referred to as across town or something.. quite possibly It did specify east and that's why I, too wanted to see where it did indeed state those specifics. TiA:)

I would love to know if JL's boyfriend(Jeremy Foster, I think I remember his name is)remembered what JL had on her person when she left for work that night or any night for that matter. What did she bring her clothes in, makeup, hair products and accessories? I would think he would know. Did police get this info from him? Was her travel bag bigger than your medium sized tote? Did she carry more than one? Did it have distinct designs? It'd be nice to have a description in case someone finds anything. Just rambling thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44