GUILTY FL - Scott Wilson, 23, killed by drunk driver, Wellington, 12 Feb 2010

John Goodman has quite a history and not a good one. It hasn't come out in the trial yet, but am sure it will. I wish this trial was covered on IS.

Thank you for all of the links. I've heard about this case, but did not follow it closely.

What a sad story for Scott Wilson. So much ahead for him in life, and it was cut short by an alleged drunk driver.

I have read that the defense plans to put an engineer on the stand to say the Bentley malfunctioned. I also read a comment to the contrary by a Bentley person, essentially saying, 'Goodman's attorney is full of it!"

Will be interesting to see who the prosecution calls or how they plan to counter this Bentley failure story.

Looking forward to seeing who it is. May be a toxicologist trying to show how the blood tests were flawed. I don't see how Kampsen could not have been a witness???

Hi Isabelle, Kampsen was called by prosecutors last week & was questioned by both sides.

Link below is to Palm Beach Post's live daily coverage (took a few minutes to load)...... scroll down to

John Goodman trial-Day 4 (3/13/12) then to 10:11am:
Reporter Jane Musgrave: First witness is Kris Kampsen, owner of the "Man Cave."

Opening statements are also on Day 4 beginning 8:46am.

I can’t believe Goodman testified today, what a disaster jmo!

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/goodman-trial-live-blogs-archives-of-previous-chats-2219766.html

Jury will most probably begin deliberations this afternoon!

Yes, Guilty on both counts. Bail denied, remanded to custody. As it should be!

WOW, Wow, wow....
ONE CASE where it did not matter how much money he has. No amount of money got him out of it.

Adopting his girl friend was an admition of guilt - (paranoia) JMO

Do you think he has enough money to buy people off and get a light sentence.
OR
Is his GF going to have a great shopping day, week, year, life. :) lol

If I recall correctly neither the DT or PT were allowed to mention the GF adoption flim flam he pulled to hide the money, and his two teenage children are fighting this.

"In October, Goodman adopted Heather Hutchins, 42, in an apparent move to protect some of his assets from litigation. Hutchins could get $200 million from a Goodman family trust in the next 20 years."

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012...les-lawsuit/UPI-39701331404000/#ixzz1pyFLwQVl

WOW, Wow, wow....
ONE CASE where it did not matter how much money he has. No amount of money got him out of it.

Adopting his girl friend was an admition of guilt - (paranoia) JMO

I agree.

After listening to the P's rebuttal yesterday, it appeared to be a no-brainer for G/G!

Also during the above he appeared to look like a deer caught in the headlights! :jail:

jmo

When is the next chapter for Mr. depraved indifference?
He is going to the slammer but for how long? when?

I think sentencing is 4/26/12. Wonder how Goodman is liking his digs tonight. Too bad they won't be serving tequila shots!

I think sentencing is 4/26/12. Wonder how Goodman is liking his digs tonight. Too bad they won't be serving tequila shots!

Forget the tequila, how about the accommodations they are not 4 star, I think he should complain ;)

Forget the tequila, how about the accommodations they are not 4 star, I think he should complain ;)

I wonder if he is really as dumb as he came across as in court and can he even speak u for himself. Probably can't heat water in a microwave! Very sad.

I wonder if he is really as dumb as he came across as in court and can he even speak u for himself. Probably can't heat water in a microwave! Very sad.

I do feel sorry for him...I do not think he meant to kill anyone, I do not think he thought the kid was just in a ditch ether.
I think he was 8 sheets to the wind drunk and could not think his way out of a paper bag, and made many errors.
He should have dialed 911 instantly.
He knew he would have gotten a breathalyzer.
FROM that point the rest was just a roll of errors.

I think he would have gotten into less trouble for driving while drunk.

The worst part is the boy may have been saved if there was a 911 call instantly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back