Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still waiting for some news on who killed these two little girls. The case went off the media radar so fast it seems.
:(

Brilliant post! Noone saw the girls? :waitasec:

Now how credible are the sightings of NA man in white truck?:waitasec:
If the POI had his truck parked in such a way as to block passers-by from seeing the bodies, it means the girls were already dead...but the sightings of the POI are still valid and truthful.

Witnesses not seeing the girls, but seeing the POI and the truck where the girls were found means the girls were already dead and the view of them was blocked (from the road) by the POI's truck (parked at an angle almost blocking the road according to one witness). I don't see this as reducing the credibility of witnesses so much as setting a definite timeline for the crimes and placing the POI at the scene...if he didn't kill the girls, why didn't he report seeing the bodies?

Pretty much the POI was THERE at the time the girls were killed - he is either the killer or knows the killer - no other explanation I can think of. Witnesses place him there without a doubt - if they find him...I think he's toast.

My Opinion

I'm not sure I understand how pulling the truck perpindicular to the road would have shielded the bodies from view. If the girls were visible and two-five feet apart, someone could have driven past and seen them front on or either by looking back in their rear view mirror. I think there's a local involved and LE knows it. Hopefully this won't be one of those cases where's there's not enough evidence to satisfy some DA in order to file charges.

I'm not sure I understand how pulling the truck perpindicular to the road would have shielded the bodies from view. If the girls were visible and two-five feet apart, someone could have driven past and seen them front on or either by looking back in their rear view mirror. I think there's a local involved and LE knows it. Hopefully this won't be one of those cases where's there's not enough evidence to satisfy some DA in order to file charges.
Only Taylor would have been really visible and pulling his front bumper over her would have shielded her from view - even if someone looked in their mirrors. Skyla was in the brush about 5' off the road - and she was pretty small - with the truck blocking most of the view, she probably was not visible from passing vehicle.

You have to remember people going by didn't stop - and they were distracted by the "suspicious" POI. They weren't looking for 2 dead girls lying alongside the road.

I don't think LE "knows" there is a "local" involved....are you saying that one of the witnesses is involved somehow? I think all the witnesses have been investigated and none are involved with the murders. I do think the POI is involved, but I don't believe any of the witnesses are. And if the POI was local, wouldn't someone have turned him in by now ? I don't think this involves ANY locals at all, I think it was someone from outside the local area or who had been away for a significant time, or who was "informed" by someone loosely connected to one of the families.

I think the OSBI will catch the killer(s) - this is not their 1st dance with the dark side.

My Opinion

If you are caught in possession of an eagle feather, your name better be on the Dawes Roles ... see the US Migratory Bird Act, US Federal Code, US Fish & Wildlife, et al.

You guys were joking I know, but it can be a serious offense.... I was refused a permit for educational purposes.... too many European ancestors.
I am well aware of that one and the reason I mentioned an Eagle feather to begin with. :) It would mean it was a real NA "hat", wouldn't it?

Back to the case...If the truck was parked at an angle sticking out on the road (which it could not have been sideways in the road or the cars would not have been able to pass)...it could shield both of the girls fairly easy. A truck with the bed is more high profile than a car to begin with and depending on the type of truck...is longer. It would shield a larger area from the point of view of a car.

If the POI took the time to back up over one victim to shield her body, then get out of the pickup and be seen doing something suspicious, then he must have been waiting for someone instead of immediately fleeing after shooting. That someone is the local who I think is the local who is "harder to find than others".

I wonder if the shooter(s) had to provide proof that one or both of the girls were killed. He may have needed to stick around to get a photograph or something, even though we haven't had reports of anything missing from the girls.

That would be a lot of time needed to do that, however, but it would definitely make the POI act more suspicious as has been reported.

the LE said they had some DNA evidence...IIRC what if the girls were already shot, the POI was blocking people from seeing the girls and he was waiting by the truck while the other shooter was in the woods getting sick. it could have been the first time he shot anyone and that i would think would be a natural reaction. and before someone says well they would have arrested him by now because of matching the DNA...not if the DNA didn't show up in codis ( i think its called) if the person was never arrested before.

IF the POI is the killer:

I think it's as simple as, the POI realizing he is standing there with 2 dead girls and people are driving by on the road. He didn't want people to see him WITH the bodies or connect him AT THAT MOMENT with the bodies. I also think he originally parked his vehicle that way to HIDE what he was doing (shooting 2 kids) and shield the scene from anyone going by. Pulling the truck forward a few feet and waiting for people to pass (by puttering around the cab or hood) seems like he just didn't want anyone to actually SEE HIM with the bodies so he could get away calmly without anyone being alarmed or calling the cops.

This is why I think this wasn't a "spur of the moment" murder. The POI (if he is the lone killer) was too calm and didn't just tear outta there as soon as he was "done". He stuck around, avoided the bodies being seen right away and didn't seem to care if people saw HIM or found the casings etc....he just didn't want the bodies to be discovered before he was a few miles away (ditching the truck and the guns maybe?). I think he knew nobody in Weleetka could ID him - he just wasn't at all worried about being seen - so long as he wasn't there (or confronted by LE or an angry local with a gun of his own) when the bodies were found.

If the POI is the killer -well he was just too calm and too cold to be some random guy or local perv gunning down girls walking down a random road - this guy pulled this off just too slick and too cool. And he is still in the wind. Killing two girls - children - in cold blood and he didn't even run when people SAW HIM THERE??? That's cold and evil to the BONE. This is somebody who is pretty certain nobody who saw him can ID him. I mean why not wave his ams and say "I did it"?? We'd be no closer to catching him if he had....

My Opinion

IF the POI is the killer:

I think it's as simple as, the POI realizing he is standing there with 2 dead girls and people are driving by on the road. He didn't want people to see him WITH the bodies or connect him AT THAT MOMENT with the bodies. I also think he originally parked his vehicle that way to HIDE what he was doing (shooting 2 kids) and shield the scene from anyone going by. Pulling the truck forward a few feet and waiting for people to pass (by puttering around the cab or hood) seems like he just didn't want anyone to actually SEE HIM with the bodies so he could get away calmly without anyone being alarmed or calling the cops.

This is why I think this wasn't a "spur of the moment" murder. The POI (if he is the lone killer) was too calm and didn't just tear outta there as soon as he was "done". He stuck around, avoided the bodies being seen right away and didn't seem to care if people saw HIM or found the casings etc....he just didn't want the bodies to be discovered before he was a few miles away (ditching the truck and the guns maybe?). I think he knew nobody in Weleetka could ID him - he just wasn't at all worried about being seen - so long as he wasn't there (or confronted by LE or an angry local with a gun of his own) when the bodies were found.

If the POI is the killer -well he was just too calm and too cold to be some random guy or local perv gunning down girls walking down a random road - this guy pulled this off just too slick and too cool. And he is still in the wind. Killing two girls - children - in cold blood and he didn't even run when people SAW HIM THERE??? That's cold and evil to the BONE. This is somebody who is pretty certain nobody who saw him can ID him. I mean why not wave his ams and say "I did it"?? We'd be no closer to catching him if he had....

My Opinion

I agree with all of your theories FlowerChild. I think he is the one and when they find him and I think they will........he will be toast and this case will be resolved just like Agent Brown has said it will.

I have thought some more about the truck being at an angle. I still think it was done because it shielded the girl's bodies from view but I have also thought maybe he was getting ready to swing around to do the u turn. He would have to swing wide some in order to turn around on this narrow road without having to back up and if he was getting ready to flee the scene is when he saw the car approaching. He knew he would have to wait for them to pass him by before he could move the truck or they would see the girls laying there with him right there at the scene with them.

So he pretended to be doing "something" and imo he certainly was doing something. I think he will be heartless and cold to the bone when they finally catch him. His cool as a cucumber mannerisms show that imo. He simply waited for the car to pass and he left those riddled bodies there as if they meant nothing to him and imo they didn't.

imoo

I have been working on the case of Brooke Bennett. The more that comes out about the "child sex ring" involved in the VT case, the more it makes me wonder about Skyla and Taylor being on Myspace and internet. While there is no motive yet or connection to anything like that...I have to at least entertain that if it could happen in rural VT...it could happen here.

Brooke is a 12 year old missing girl and they have arrested her ex step-father and his brother for sexual assault on two other girls. The story is still unfolding rapidly and gets worse as it goes along.

It would put both girls within the age frame of the other victims in that case.

The Brooke Bennett and Skyla and Taylor cases are similar in that neither case involves simply collecting fingerprints or DNA at the crime scene and then running it though the system to see what happens. Both cases are requiring some pretty heavy lifting in the investigative department.

I'm surprised at how fast the Vermont case is moving.

In this case they must have something solid they are working on. That can be the only explanation for what is going on, although I have never had a good feeling about this investigation. I hope that feeling proves to be wrong.

The Brooke Bennett and Skyla and Taylor cases are similar in that neither case involves simply collecting fingerprints or DNA at the crime scene and then running it though the system to see what happens. Both cases are requiring some pretty heavy lifting in the investigative department.

I'm surprised at how fast the Vermont case is moving.

In this case they must have something solid they are working on. That can be the only explanation for what is going on, although I have never had a good feeling about this investigation. I hope that feeling proves to be wrong.

I think Brooke's case has moved much faster as LE felt very sure right from the start that it had to do with social networking. By following that investigation and her Internet steps they were able to uncover a lot of information.

With this one, even though they said they would be talking with Taylor and Skyla's friend and searching their computers for clues, I think they quickly found out, in this case that was a dead end.

imoo

I think Brooke's case has moved much faster as LE felt very sure right from the start that it had to do with social networking. By following that investigation and her Internet steps they were able to uncover a lot of information.

With this one, even though they said they would be talking with Taylor and Skyla's friend and searching their computers for clues, I think they quickly found out, in this case that was a dead end.

imoo

Hi Ocean~
Did you ever read anything about a classmate of the girls making threats against one or both of them? I remember reading at some point that one of the girls had threatened to turn someone in for drug use. It seems that there must be something in one of the girls backgrounds to have spurred someone to this terrible crime!

I have to assume the silence from LE on this case means they have a good part of the case figured out. If not, then this silence is inexcusable.

I still believe the most likely scenario is that someone in the Placker or Whitaker families stepped on someone's toes. And I think someone in the Placker or Whitaker families know's this.

The silence from those families is deafening.

Could it be they are keeping their heads down because they don't trust LE? Not that they have done anything wrong, but concern that LE will do what is right.

I am sick to know that there has not been an arrest yet in this case. It is odd to me that this case went from National Attention to SILENCE... Pure dark cold silence. Its too soon for this to happen.

I am sick to know that there has not been an arrest yet in this case. It is odd to me that this case went from National Attention to SILENCE... Pure dark cold silence. Its too soon for this to happen.

Sadly that is not uncommon. The media quickly goes onto to the next breaking case. So many cases are never solved and ones committed by someone who has no connection to the victims are the hardest to solve of all.

If there is no link that LE can find then they hope that they get a valuable tip by someone who knows who and where the suspect is.

I am not shocked that this crime has not been solved. I do believe it will be solved though in time.

I think it was just as senseless as it seems and that is why it is not solved. They can't come up with a motive why someone would do this imo.

imoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member