FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
<snipped for space>

It is impossible for us to ascertain whether or not the iPhone was in the Hummer at any time after 3:15pm. All LE has told us is that the Hummer left the condo without the Glow sticker and they know when it left. The pinging indicates that the iPhone was moving; perhaps in the pocket of the person who was taking the twins to Rose Blvd. Since my Google program tells me that the round trip between Rose Blvd & the condo can be made in one hour, by 4:30 the iPhone could be making its second trip, by sunset, its third.
So it's proven by LE that the hummer left junior's condo without the Glow stickers via surv vid? Hmmm. That would be the first direct evidence of junior being the perp, correct?

I have to say that I find it insulting that you would take the word of a reporter over the mother of missing Michelle Parker because she was quoted at a fundraiser for Michelle where alcohol was being served.

The facts that surround her daughter's disappearance are probably ingrained in this poor mother's head and no doubt she can recite them on a dime.

This comment also presumes Yvonne was drinking because she was the one that was quoted. That is total conjecture, and it's not fair or warranted.

This is a victim-friendly forum and that goes for the victim's families, too.

Regarding the contention that reporters fact-check and therefore their word is more reliable than a DIRECT QUOTE FROM VIDEO: fact checkers have gone the way of budget cuts. What reporters do often, and on-air types are famous for, is paraphrasing.

Thus, any time you have an actual, specific time like Yvonne stated (4:30 p.m.) as opposed to a paraphrased timeline such as "earlier", "evening", etc., one can safely assume that the paraphrase came from the actual time.

Lastly, I watched the video in the URL you posted and didn't even find the quote "evening" that you reference, either in the video or the written transcript, which is derived from the video.

Everyone here wants to bring Michelle home and most here are in total support of her family's actions. Accurate information and respect for family should be paramount when posting information about the case.

BBM

I apologize if you feel insulted. Obviously that was not my intent.

I also apologize if I didn't make myself clear, I think both are right

I will check out the reference; perhaps I enclosed the wrong one. I had to listen to the tape 3 or 4 times to get the details, so I know I have it.

In my previous entry about this, I made sure to say that I know that I have baggage around this issue. When my friend went missing I was writing and keeping a journal and wrote down every detail, who told me and where we were speaking to help me remember more. I spent 5 days on the witness stand because I had the detail mostly because I had written it down, keeping track of sources. Stressed out brains can be very erratic.

Like everyone who has spoken to media, I understand that all of what is said is taken out of context and much is just plain wrong. As a retired therapist, I am very familiar with how our memories change over time, especially during stressful situations. If I dug out my journal from my friend's disappearance some of the documentation would counter how I tell the story now and would have within days or weeks if I had not written it down. Part of it is my mind and my being a kinesthetic learner, part of it is how everyone's brain reacts under stress. There is much research out about this now and even a book called either "Wrong" or "Being Wrong," I forgot which.

Michelle's family is wonderful and deserving of everyone's respect. Nothing that I have written can diminish their being loving, forgiving, devoted, persistent, dedicated, bright people. I have immense respect for them and Michelle and can only image how they must be suffering. Like you, I am trying the best ways I know how to see that Michelle gets home.

So it's proven by LE that the hummer left junior's condo without the Glow stickers via surv vid? Hmmm. That would be the first direct evidence of junior being the perp, correct?

That is not proven...it was a rumour from a neighbour out walking her dog. Personally I think she was referring to the video of the "other" Hummer that we've all seen and had no inside information.

MOO

That is not proven...it was a rumour from a neighbour out walking her dog. Personally I think she was referring to the video of the "other" Hummer that we've all seen and had no inside information.

MOO
I was just asking because of Gramma saying this.

All LE has told us is that the Hummer left the condo without the Glow sticker and they know when it left.

I'm not sure about "direct evidence." One of the best explanations of direct evidence was that a dog's paw prints in cement is not direct evidence that I dog was there, but a street person testified to seeing the dog walk over the cement would be.

Someone on this forum went to the condo and talked to a woman living there, who was walking her dog, who had information that the police knew exactly when the Hummer left the complex and that it left without the Glow sticker.

The recanted, snatched from the station by LE, discredited, jumped on, spit on, killed and buried video claimed to show the Hummer leaving at 4:40pm "naked." The later LE-approved news about the Hummer leaving said that LE knew what time the Hummer left the Condo complex from a video camera. I'm not sure whether they said or not if the info was from the neighbors video, or the complex's camera or both.

IF Michelle's iPhone was pinging on Hoffner at 4:30 and IF the surveillance video does show the Hummer leaving naked at 4:40pm THEN QED Michelle's phone left the condo before the Hummer did. That leads me back to the idea MOO MOO MOO that Dale had someone at the condo to take the kids to his folks because he "had chores to do."

I keep feeling more and more strongly that this event was planned and that Dale manipulated others into helping him--knowingly or not.

This is one of the first theories I would agree with also... It sounds simple and reasonable....

Audie, Camille

I got it wrong. I thought that if someone reported that they had verified info, it counts. But if it's only considered a rumor, then "never mind."

BTW

In my twisted, suspicious mind, the fact that LE figuratively raced down to the news station, snatched the video, demanded they recant the story and refused to release any further info about it is important info all by its lonesome self. MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO

Audie, Camille

I got it wrong. I thought that if someone reported that they had verified info, it counts. But if it's only considered a rumor, then "never mind."
Well ....... ya know ...... ya can't even trust LE to be telling the truth sometimes. I usually trust them .. that they say what they can and the little they can say, is truthful. The info I get, about mp's that we are looking for, is sometimes diff from what is given to media. You never know.

No problem Gramma. :)

Once again, where is the information coming from that LE "raced down to the news station" etc etc. and "demanded" anything? That is not what reporter Tony Pipitone said at all! The word "fact" shouldn't be in this sentence.

BTW

In my twisted, suspicious mind, the fact that LE figuratively raced down to the news station, snatched the video, demanded they recant the story and refused to release any further info about it is important info all by its lonesome self. MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO

Gramma, the word "evening" is not mentioned in this source. Your prior statement requested that Smooth Operator's timeline be changed because the reporter said "evening" while Yvonne said "4:30 p.m." which you found more credible.

Can you supply the quote for the "evening" reference? Otherwise, the prior statement should be withdrawn. MOO.

This is the entire, unshortened address for the Ch 6 vid saying that the pings were going west on Hoffner from Someran in the evening:

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Vi...ished/-/1637132/8455176/-/x3m62u/-/index.html

Sure hate seeing Michelle's thread slow down as that means less and less info to discuss. Praying that changes and Michelle is found!!!!

Gramma, the word "evening" is not mentioned in this source. Your prior statement requested that Smooth Operator's timeline be changed because the reporter said "evening" while Yvonne said "4:30 p.m." which you found more credible.

Can you supply the quote for the "evening" reference? Otherwise, the prior statement should be withdrawn. MOO.

Starting at 1:08 the reporter says...

later, on the evening of Nov 17, Parker's cell phone had been pinging along Hoffner Ave heading West from Semoran Blvd.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Vi...ished/-/1637132/8455176/-/x3m62u/-/index.html

At 1:07 in the video GrammaMaybe provided, the reporter states, "Police reveal to the family that later on, the evening of November 17th Parker's cell phone had been pinging along Hoffner Avenue heading west ..."

ETA: Just saw Sparky posted the same info. :) Sorry for the overlap.

Sure hate seeing Michelle's thread slow down as that means less and less info to discuss. Praying that changes and Michelle is found!!!!
Hi Breazy. Well, if I were in Fla, I would be participating in searches. Since I'm not, all I can do is read, think, etc about where she might be. Talking and typing are not my best suits. Reconning areas to search is something I've done, but not a lot. Reconning by maps is not very reliable, but def something to begin with. Then drive around (BUT NOT ALONE) and talk to property owners, look for fences, gates, accessibility, concealability, etc. Unfortunately my income won't allow me to come to Fla and spend a few weeks. Also I'm not as caught up with previous search areas, as y'all are.

But for Gods sake, lets not let this case get cold!!

Hope I don't drive you crazy repeating this:

4:30 PM in the afternoon can be considered evening, in my opinion, especially during the winter. I myself see no disparity between the two, given that one is specific and the other is a general term that can include that specific 4:30 PM time Yvonne mentioned.

It's opinion only, but I find Yvonne's statement--the way she said it, the words she used--pretty darn convincing.

EVENING

Evening is the period between the late afternoon and night when daylight is decreasing. Though the term is subjective, evening is typically understood to begin before sunset and extend until nightfall, the beginning of night. Evening thus spans the period of twilight, but begins before it and depending on definition may extend past its end.

Evening - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EVENING

Evening is the period between the late afternoon and night when daylight is decreasing. Though the term is subjective, evening is typically understood to begin before sunset and extend until nightfall, the beginning of night. Evening thus spans the period of twilight, but begins before it and depending on definition may extend past its end.

Evening - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you both Sparky and Nobody.

I brought this up because I disagree with changing the Hoffner pings from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. because of someone's interpretation of the word evening. If the reporter had said "6 p.m." then, maybe. No where in any media report from Saturday is 6 p.m. mentioned but here on this board.But 4:30 p.m. is mentioned over and over.

Also, I still feel that stating that the Yvonne's word was not as credible as a reporter because there was alcohol at the party for Michelle is not warranted. MOO.

Sad and circular. And I stand by my previous statement.

Hope I don't drive you crazy repeating this:

4:30 PM in the afternoon can be considered evening, in my opinion, especially during the winter. I myself see no disparity between the two, given that one is specific and the other is a general term that can include that specific 4:30 PM time Yvonne mentioned.

It's opinion only, but I find Yvonne's statement--the way she said it, the words she used--pretty darn convincing.
Do you also go by the name of Sheldon Cooper? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member