GUILTY OH - Johnny Clarke, 21, & Lisa Straub, 20, murdered, Springfield Twp, 31 Jan 2011

Here is where it mentions his cell phone,belimom.

Sheriff deputies checked the house on Longacre Lane twice and found nothing. Johnny's parents went to the home. "There's a back window but the blinds are closed but they're just cracked enough where you can look down in them.My husband looks in. He says he sees Johnny's cell phone like in one corner in the room and then my little cousin is looking in and she says she sees my son there tied up."

Right, but have you listened to the tape? If so, what do you make of her statement on 911? And the discrepancy, if that's what she is saying on that 3rd call? I'd love another person's perspective on that. Thanks. :)

Y'know. I was thinking if I had a house as nice as the Straub's I'd have cameras and an alarm system. Has there been mention of any? And going in the house with the occupants there and making them turn off an armed alarm would be one way of bypassing it. If there are cameras what does it show? And if there is an alarm system what activity does it show?

I keep getting a vibe this is something similar to the murder of the couple in Florida. The ones with all the adopted kids. God forgive me, I can't remember their names at the moment.

The Billings... :(

I just transcribed the 3rd 911 call:

Mother: Oh my God you need to get the police out to 2161 Long Acre Lane. My son is in the basement tied up in this house. I just saw him through the window . I had the police out here earlier and they did absolutely nothing. Both cell phones are on the ground and we can see the people. Him and his girlfriend are tied up in the basement.

911: OK alright we’ll get someone out there

Mother: * inaudible * I already told them earlier

911: Ma’am You need to calm down we’ll get them out there

Female in the background: They’re unconscious, unconscious

Mother: They’re unconscious ma’am

911: OK you said they’re unconscious?

Mother: YES

911: OK, alright

Female in the background: With cell phones on their bodies

Mother: With cell phones on their bodies

Female in the background: He’s unclothed with just uh pants on

Mother: He only has pants on and their hands were tied

911: OK alright we’ll get them out there ma’am

Mother: Oh my God

911: OK I need you to calm down we’ll get them out there ok

Mother: Oh I’m sorry please hurry

911: Alright we will

Mother: 2161 Long Acre…. Long Acre Lane

911: I have the address we’ll get them out there

Mother: Goodbye

If the killer was known to them but had a ski mask on, Johhny still might say "who are you?" I think whomever met them at the doorway was masked. If they were unmasked a person might say "what do you want?", but seeing a masked person might make the first thing you say is "who are you".

The mother has had many discrepancies. I've heard or read different versions of the events. At one point the mother says that she saw them, then she says that her cousin came running from the back of the house to the truck yelling to call police & life squad. I've read all along that her husband had to hoist the cousin up to look in the window, now I'm reading that her husband looked in the window and saw the phone. The mother said that they were in the basement when actually they were on the 1st floor.

I don't think any of the descrepancies were done with any harmful intentions but with the situation being what it was I can immagine that there was a great deal of shock & confusion in those moments. It sounds to me as if the mother stayed in the front of the house while the husband & cousin went to the back. Maybe when the cousin came running to the front yelling to call the police that she saw them tied up through the window, that the mother just assumed that she saw them through the basement window. I don't know why the story about where the cell phone was located has suddenly changed but I hear clearly, the cousin who actually viewed the bodies through the window say: "with cell phones on their bodies" I too have heard & used the expression "I have my phone on me" but I've never said "my cell phone's on my body"

The latest 911 tapes are really interesting if anyones checked them out....

About 2 hours ago the 911 tapes in full were released with much more information

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=576342

That audio is very good right there. Clearly the Mom suspects Tiffany, as which I did.. but after hearing Tiffany on the phone I have calmed on her being involved somehow. Not that that means anything but she seemed sincere. That said, Tiffany should have called 911 immediately.

In the video at this link the mother says there was a bag next to the bodies with tape and stuff, so clearly the intent to murder with the bags was planned. A pool of blood next to Lisa might indicate more trauma to her, making her the probable target.

Mother wants the killer or killers to get the death penality.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7938127

One thing from the 3+ minute video with the Mom on the news I gathered was the bags were placed on the head and then taped all around the outside of the bags. So I suppose you could do that and walk away if you were the killer and be sure one wouldn't survive that.

Still though, you'd think the killer(s) noticed Johnny on the phone. Maybe not though. Maybe Johnny saw the person(s) and nonchalantly dropped/tossed the phone on the floor or couch and then confronted the killer(s).

Also, Tiffany says she went by the house and the lights were on and it looked ransacked. That was before the cops went by right?? The cops wouldn't enter a house that looked ransacked with all the lights on, a car in the driveway after these calls from the mother? Seems like Tiffany went by when the killer(s) were still inside!

Also, Tiffany says she went by the house and the lights were on and it looked ransacked. That was before the cops went by right?? The cops wouldn't enter a house that looked ransacked with all the lights on, a car in the driveway after these calls from the mother? Seems like Tiffany went by when the killer(s) were still inside!

bbm

How would she know if it looked ransacked if she didn't go to the door or look inside? Did she say that or that she just drove by?

Tiffany is suss, I think she knows the killers

Tiffany is suss, I think she knows the killers

I starting to think that also. Maybe that's why she didn't call 911. So what would be her motivation to contact Johnny's parents in the middle of the night and take the dad over there?

Any ideas?

I starting to think that also. Maybe that's why she didn't call 911. So what would be her motivation to contact Johnny's parents in the middle of the night and take the dad over there?

Any ideas?

Not that I think this is true, but people have been known to let others "discover" the scene. If you are that ballsy you can talk on the phone w/911/family etc without skipping a beat. Tiffany still gets me feeling some bad juju feeling.

It also occurred to me that if the mom was frustrated that police wouldn't come over and help in two previous calls, a third call with details like that would guarantee they would probably get into the house, no?

The mother has had many discrepancies. I've heard or read different versions of the events. At one point the mother says that she saw them, then she says that her cousin came running from the back of the house to the truck yelling to call police & life squad. I've read all along that her husband had to hoist the cousin up to look in the window, now I'm reading that her husband looked in the window and saw the phone. The mother said that they were in the basement when actually they were on the 1st floor.

I don't think any of the descrepancies were done with any harmful intentions but with the situation being what it was I can immagine that there was a great deal of shock & confusion in those moments. It sounds to me as if the mother stayed in the front of the house while the husband & cousin went to the back. Maybe when the cousin came running to the front yelling to call the police that she saw them tied up through the window, that the mother just assumed that she saw them through the basement window. I don't know why the story about where the cell phone was located has suddenly changed but I hear clearly, the cousin who actually viewed the bodies through the window say: "with cell phones on their bodies" I too have heard & used the expression "I have my phone on me" but I've never said "my cell phone's on my body"

The latest 911 tapes are really interesting if anyones checked them out....

Do we know what kind of a home it is? For example mine is a 4 level split and you can actually see into all 4 levels, some you would require a ladder for but the bottom levels you would not

grieving

:welcome:

have you spoke to the police, do you require support?

<modsnip>

Grieving Friend, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friends.

All I can say is wow, what you said makes a lot of sense from such a senseless and cruel crime. If you haven't already done so, please please, tell LE everything you have said here.

Take care.

Someone def got pistol-whipped. I think it was Lisa, with the description of dry blood/fresh blood.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back