100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 16th day on the stand #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't clear on this either. So was Ryan really mistaken and Jodi was telling the truth, or do we really know what the truth is?
I thought the Budget rental guy said she was blonde when she rented the car

Not directed at me, but I'm one of the few who can't read with her glasses on. I need my glasses to drive a car and to see far away, but reading is impossible with my glasses on. Text is blurry.

I know. Sounds weird to people who need their glasses to read.
I'm like you, I'm nearsighted and it is stated on my license that corrective lens are needed for driving. Without them I could make out cars and license plates, but the letters might be blurry if I was trying to identify one on the freeway. What's fishy is trying to identify one by the bugs on it, and that she didn't realize she needed glasses until 2010.

Interesting. I find it odd that a juror asked that. I'm baffled that the attorneys didn't object to that question.

Some of the older jurors might not know.. Really.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Jodi, you have what is called selective memory, depending on how well you know you can lie your way out of something!

I realize I'm many pages behind you all here, but I had to comment on this one. :D Twice today she remembered things she earlier claimed to have no recollection of. It wasn't until Nurmi stood up and objected to her answering that she remembered she forgot. :floorlaugh: I will bet dimes to donuts that those two instances were not lost on the jury. Way to stick your feet in your mouth JA & Nurmi. :great:

Sorry but this is a loooonnng answer....texts WERE admitted. I found them in the evidence files online, transcribed (best I can), and will print them for you here:

"So either text me that you are ready to tell the truth or give me your imaginary friend with the worst BS story you every told or leave me alone. Its a lie like no other. It is freaking foolish. There is no way out of it, you have screwed up your story so bad you can't mend it. You are caught. When will you realize that. I do not know. You have till tomorrow. To have me this persons information before I tell all of the hughes' leslie udy, the freemans, your parents and anyone else that matters about all the crazy things you have done. So either fess up or feel the wrath. No matter how bad the truth is I promise you the punishment will be better than the lie. This is worse than your magical email that a mysterious man you've never seen before wrote for you. You insult me by thinking ill believe such crap. Nothing else from you til the truth. I already know your lying so why continue. After tomorrow, its gonna get real bad for you. Time to spit it out."

Seems to me like he means facing the punishment is better than trying to live with the lie--as he would expose her if she continues to lie. Still so sad to read his words & his understanding of Jodi.

Upon second reading I agree. Before I thought, wow, Travis is threatening her--and wondered why Nurmi didn't really hammer that home, but now it looks like he's telling her that fessing up will be better than living with a lie.

He allowed her to stay in his home. I consider that an invitation.

IMO there's a difference between inviting someone and not kicking them out of your house when they arrive at 4am. That's just how I see it. And she used her weapon (sex) against him.

Yes..she was right... I was wrong... Sorry for posting that! Lol...we actually caught her telling the truth... I'm shocked...

lol I am just watching the repeat of NG right now and they just played that clip. Yep, you caught her telling a truth :D I seen earlier today someone posted a link saying it was in April, but the article was about the convention in 2010 (when JA was already in jail) I'm guessing that the convention times have changed since 2008... HOWEVER... I can't believe that NO ONE looked at a calendar before Ryan testified??? not ryan... not Juan... not Nurmi??? Reminds me of Gus and his insistance about when Jodi called him ... duh, look at your calendars PPL people! The reason the hair color was mentioned is for 'premeditation' reasons, wish it had been looked into a bit more before it was asked/answered. JMO

IIRC, early in JA's testimony she said that one of TA's roommates came home while he was on the phone with her. She said to say hi to him for her. She heard him say "Hi Jodi" and then TA said; "He said you're a *advertiser censored*." TA was joking it seems. So because she brought that up the jurors question was valid.

Oh my God, In watching the reruns of the testimony today I can see how she grips people quickly. If I met her at a party or on the street, before this, I would think she was a really nice person. She can only keep that up so long though.

I hope she gets the DP just because they are isolated from other prisoners in their own cells with very little human contact, IIRC. The isolation and knowledge of her impending doom will be a complete nightmare for her. If she's given LWOP she'll hypnotize some of the inmates and it won't be that bad for her. JMO

Same Here. No contact with others for this manipulator. Nix!!!

Did anyone notice her answer to the question about taking the gun and rope with her (can't remember the exact words) that she said that she took "it". I guess that means gun only, no rope.

Anybody else feel like you're getting "bed sores" from being glued to the coverage? My whole body aches like I'm elderly, but my hiney feels like bed sores--even when I was ONLY watching the coverage from my couch. The computer chair is exacerbating it all...ugh!

Ryan had said it was in April. Jodi today said it was in March.

According to ja's testimony, she dyed her hair after the convention of 3-13-2008, she said she dyed it 3-21/22 2008.

A few of us discussed her dying her hair after we saw a blog belonging to Deanna about dying her hair. iirc.

RE: *advertiser censored*

JA testified that one time she was talking to TA on the phone and his roommate was there. JA said to tell the roomie hello and TA replied back to JA that the roomie said, "hello *advertiser censored*!"...the she rambled that the roomie didn't REALLY call her a *advertiser censored*, but TA made that part up...it was a typical over-the-top, unimportant story lost somewhere in her first 9 days of direct. (i'll try to find a clip of it...)

Ok, so trying to find that clip is making me crazy bc i'm SICK OF HER, but I found a clip from testimony on Feb 7 where she says the word "*advertiser censored*" again:

WILLMOTT: Did Travis ever call you names?

ARIAS: He called me a *advertiser censored*. Called me Pollyanna. He called me *advertiser censored* star.

That was my favorite question of the day.

And...."How many men are you willing to be in a relationship with at the same time."

That can be read as dripping with sarcasm. Like 6? 9? 15? What's the limit Jodi.

I think this is a very "telling" trait to her personality, because she always needed to have someone "on the hook" that she could reel in if her main "supply" got away or left. She kept Matt and Daryl on the line, and was fishing for Eric. If I am not mistaken she called ALL THREE OF THEM right after she killed Travis and hit the road. Her immediate need was to connect with some male attention, because Travis was no longer an option.

IMO there's a difference between inviting someone and not kicking them out of your house when they arrive at 4am. That's just how I see it. And she used her weapon (sex) against him.

If you want someone out of your life you probably wouldn't let them in at 4 am, no?

ok, one more blurb from a news article - During her three days on the stand, Arias also claimed that Alexander sometimes belittled her in front of his friends. “He made jokes towards me that were not very nice,” she said. “His friends advised me to stop dating him immediately. He called me a *advertiser censored* in front of his roommate.”
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02/10/jodi-arias-the-mormon-casey-anthony.html

I missed most of the conversation y'all were having earlier, but I just want to point out that the jurors/judge weren't being rude or making it up. "*advertiser censored*" was a word JA made mention to several times....ok then, carry on ;)

I realize I'm many pages behind you all here, but I had to comment on this one. :D Twice today she remembered things she earlier claimed to have no recollection of. It wasn't until Nurmi stood up and objected to her answering that she remembered she forgot. :floorlaugh: I will bet dimes to donuts that those two instances were not lost on the jury. Way to stick your feet in your mouth JA & Nurmi. :great:

This could be the theme of all her testimony.

Oh, I just remembered I forgot.

534937_493921247331701_329904293_n_zpse96c1a27.jpg

yes DR and just puts up a lot of updates about him

Hubs & I were pondering on whether Travis named him for Bone-Apart or Dynamite, or even a nod to the Napoleon Complex of short men??

All are cute thoughts.

If you want someone out of your life you probably wouldn't let them in at 4 am, no?

I would be calling the cops about a trespasser, but that is me.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member