Oscar Pistorius - Discussion Thread #62 ~ the appeal~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he cried when he was in difficulty ie when he felt confused/ frustrated/ pressured / misunderstood/ tricked etc. It can hardly be a surprise, given that he was accused of deliberately murdering his girlfriend!

I was talking about the vomiting and shaking as symptoms of PTSD.
...oh ...i was thinking of his acting .....his crying was very selective.....as for the rest i think he's a violent calculating immature spoilt little boy suffering from an excessive over-inflated egoism, illusions of grandeur and sexual frustration........all that without a leg to stand on, which kinda blows a fuse in the circuit......

...oh ...i was thinking of his acting .....his crying was very selective.....as for the rest i think he's a violent calculating immature spoilt little boy suffering from an excessive over-inflated egoism, illusions of grandeur and sexual frustration........

Fortunately for him the experts who assessed him don't agree with you

I think you summed him up earlier.
As for BIB, i think pretty much everyone, everywhere is with you on that. It was a striking thing about the case and the background - a celeb sportsman who had cultivated a false reputation in recent years, who had guarded himself from negative press so fiercely and with paranoia - it all fell away at the trial, reinforced by the way he conducted himself. The real OP was out there and it wasn't pretty.

The reality of who he had become was exposed and that was certainly humiliating- even tear-jerking - for him that is, plus a few family and a couple of mates understandably and WEIRDLY a hundred(?) strange women (significantly women) who had never met him but after all this had been revealed they now liked him more.

To quote the journalist i linked to a few pages back on thread 61 -" that' s a special kind of crazy."

Edit - this is a commonly held view, indeed it is seen as so noteworthy and worth commenting upon that it now appears in academic articles about this "phenomenon"- see my previous links. Crazy is figurative expression BTW.

So you don't accept the report from the professional psychologist either?

...a lot of insulting posts have just been removed from page 3.... i wonder if we can get back to the purpose of this thread......

Address the post and not the poster please.

At Websleuths we don't allow personalizing of posts and the use of the word YOU is a good gauge.

So you don't accept the report from the professional psychologist either?

.......with the very greatest respect Mr Turner and as Mrs Aftermath has so kindly informed us on so many occasions ........anything is possible....even more so considering Pistorius's acting pedigree ...

.......with the very greatest respect Mr Turner and as Mrs Aftermath has so kindly informed us on so many occasions ........anything is possible....even more so considering Pistorius's acting pedigree ...

I don't see any justification for that in this case. He was interviewed and given tests over weeks by professionals who must see malingering and all sorts all the time working in a mental hospital. I doubt a bit of acting would do the job.

Ah but is it reasonably possible that so many experts could make the same series of errors when assessing pistorius?

I don't see any justification for that in this case. He was interviewed and given tests over weeks by professionals who must see malingering and all sorts all the time working in a mental hospital. I doubt a bit of acting would do the job.

.......Mr Turner......referring to my opinion about his character......read carefully, there was nothing untoward of an psychological nature, he is a borderline case......i think there are times when he could be perfectly normal and other times when he becomes a raving lunatic and goes around blasting with guns.................like all little boys, they need to let out their energy.....

...a lot of insulting posts have just been removed from page 3.... i wonder if we can get back to the purpose of this thread......

from that article i posted at outset of this thread :

Judge Davis, serving High Court judge in SA.
http://mg.co.za/article/2014-11-06-breathless-oscar-book-muddles-law

When a serving famous, HC Judge says in the national papers that as a witness/defendent that you* are "hugely unimpressive" you know it's scathing but that he is moderating the words he would actually like to use. So you have to read between the lines, but the meaning is always clear.

On expert witnesses at the trial, he speaks for many when he says" The role of expert witnesses was highlighted:facepalm: in this trial. The defence called Roger Dixon, a qualified geologist, who appeared not to be an expert in the forensic issues on which he purported to give evidence."

* he's talking about OP here

.......Mr Turner......referring to my opinion about his character......read carefully, there was nothing untoward of an psychological nature, he is a borderline case......i think there are times when he could be perfectly normal and other times when he becomes a raving lunatic and goes around blasting with guns.................like all little boys, they need to let out their energy.....

What with the Mr Turner and Mrs Aftermath?

[/B]

from that article i posted at outset of this thread :

Judge Davis, serving High Court judge in SA.
http://mg.co.za/article/2014-11-06-breathless-oscar-book-muddles-law

When a serving famous, HC Judge says in the national papers that as a witness/defendent that you* are "hugely unimpressive" you know it's scathing but that he is moderating the words he would actually like to use. So you have to read between the lines, but the meaning is always clear.

On expert witnesses at the trial, he speaks for many when he says" The role of expert witnesses was highlighted:facepalm: in this trial. The defence called Roger Dixon, a qualified geologist, who appeared not to be an expert in the forensic issues on which he purported to give evidence."

* he's talking about OP here

Dixon was in SAPS for (was it) 18 years and only left recently though - he had been the boss of the state's door expert (who wasn't a qualified expert in tool marks though Dixon actually was). I liked that review though - it was very pointed. With regard to his judgement of the trial, isn't all sailing one way though:

"Coming out so close to the end of the trial and before sentencing was concluded, Behind the Door cannot deal with any real criticism of the prosecution. But many lawyers wrote early on in the trial that the prosecution’s strategy was ill-conceived – premeditated murder was going to be extremely difficult to prove."

.......Mrs Aftermath....the facts speak for themselves....

This is true. The facts are that the professional opinions of the experts who assessed him were accepted by both state and defence.

But all that is being offered in posts about pistorius acting/becoming a raving lunatic/ being sexually frustrated etc is unsubstantiated opinion -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member