observing casey non reactions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiQK700P8nM if they play this in court would one juror think this mom could not kill her daughter? how time can change events is beyond belief . her ex bf said casey could not hurt a fly but the girl he saw now arrested does not seem same. jurors will discuss how that happened i bet and i wish i was that fly on wall!!!!

I agree with you and can see your point, but we are looking it from our own perspective. We know how to love and protect the children we love. We don't believe our children are part of our window dressing that makes us look good. We love them for their very own little beings, and for that reason will and do make sacrifices for them.

The courts have seen many many cases of mothers or fathers who apparently display "love" for their children and despite all appearances - kill them.

Yes, I have thought of this very thing. I have the movie ("Killing in a Small Town") and the book, "Evidence of Love", which is even more chilling than the movie. If you haven't read it but can get a copy(it might be hard to find now) you will not be able to put it down.
I hate to say it but Candy walked. She could , evidently, hide her dark self under a very convincing cover when she needed to.......like kc? just a thought...

Thanks for the tid-bit, it sounds like a book worth reading. I found myself quite shocked when Candy walked. Not an ounce of emotion - cold as all get out. I don't know if she would get away with that today. After all - how many whacks! OMG.

It just amazes me the similarity in demeanor.

Hugs,

Mel

Something everyone needs to keep in mind is that you should not judge a person's emotions or feelings against your own. If you are use to seeing blood and guts or death or whatever then how you would deal with the situation is going to be different then someone who hasn't. People develop coping mechanisms to maintain their working ability or sanity. Graveyard humor is common in many fields such as medical, LE, fire, etc. as a means of coping and keeping mental stability. While I am not attributing any such behavior to CA, you have to judge CA against CA's "normal" not against your "normal".
That said sometimes what you look at is not whether something is "Normal" or "Not normal" but whether it is appropriate or not.

Something everyone needs to keep in mind is that you should not judge a person's emotions or feelings against your own. If you are use to seeing blood and guts or death or whatever then how you would deal with the situation is going to be different then someone who hasn't. People develop coping mechanisms to maintain their working ability or sanity. Graveyard humor is common in many fields such as medical, LE, fire, etc. as a means of coping and keeping mental stability. While I am not attributing any such behavior to CA, you have to judge CA against CA's "normal" not against your "normal".
That said sometimes what you look at is not whether something is "Normal" or "Not normal" but whether it is appropriate or not.

K9 - are you suggesting CA's behaviour is normal? For one that lost a child to unknown homicidal means? Who giggles in courts? Who flirts with their lawyers? Who let her child go missing for 31 days without telling anyone?

I hear what you're saying, but I don't know of anyone (including LE, or even Dr. G) who would consider this normal behaviour?

I guess what I'm asking is what Normal would I even begin to compare her (CA's) normal too. KWIM?

Hugs,

Mel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiQK700P8nM if they play this in court would one juror think this mom could not kill her daughter? how time can change events is beyond belief . her ex bf said casey could not hurt a fly but the girl he saw now arrested does not seem same. jurors will discuss how that happened i bet and i wish i was that fly on wall!!!!

If I saw the video, without knowing what happened, there would be no doubt in my mind the family was a carefree and an incredibly happy one. The smile on G & C's face is so real as well. I can't deny that I saw genuine love in those photos. I usually stay away from sappy videos (especially in cases), but that one really touched me. Thanks for sharing.

Mel

Temper that with how many times a murder happens and the neighbors and family are interviewed and say, they seemed like the perfect couple, he was a really nice guy, always helped, we are shocked -- we could NEVER have seen this coming...............

haven't read this thread yet but when i saw the title i thought...well she's a robot, what do ya expect? a reaction? uuumm...NO!

Great thread! My overriding thought on this is that regardless of which type of or even IF she truly has any type of "disorder" or "diminished mental capacity," she has enough mental capacity to know right from wrong. My opinion is that she made a conscious choice to do what she did and should pay the price for her voluntary actions.

I recall that at the start of this, many thought she was extremely smart to have pulled this off so far. But, I don't think she's so smart. If she were, she would at least fake emotions when appropriate as littlemisslegal mentioned. To react to descriptions of Caylee's remains and to the verbalized speculation of how she died, would be appropriate - if she were so smart, she would at least fake reactions. Her love for her own self is her overriding motivation and will be her downfall.

has neurosis been mentioned by the way? might not have nothing to do with this "no reaction" thread and more for the "psychological profile" thread but just wondering.

has neurosis been mentioned by the way? might not have nothing to do with this "no reaction" thread and more for the "psychological profile" thread but just wondering.

You might want to take that question to the psych thread. I'm sure they'll have input.

:shush: Here is one of the videos I have made.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vjFJOaTMtg&feature=email&email=comment_received"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vjFJOaTMtg&feature=email&email=comment_received[/ame]

:justice:

That brought tears to my eyes. Such an enormous tragedy.

K9 - are you suggesting CA's behaviour is normal? For one that lost a child to unknown homicidal means? Who giggles in courts? Who flirts with their lawyers? Who let her child go missing for 31 days without telling anyone?

I hear what you're saying, but I don't know of anyone (including LE, or even Dr. G) who would consider this normal behaviour?I guess what I'm asking is what Normal would I even begin to compare her (CA's) normal too. KWIM?

Hugs,

Mel

BBM
Scott Peterson, or any other sociopath would call it "normal". That pretty much sums up what we're dealing with here.

Dissociation may be related to her personality disorders. We haven't heard the psych reports yet, but she's got some definite personality disorders, many of which probably include dissociation. If she feels no guilt, why would she have a reaction? She wouldn't, unless she is immitating someone that she has seen do it in the past, or if she knows that's expected. It she's a psychopath she's emotionally shallow, and just doesn't feel it, rather than dissociating, and trying to separate from the feeling, if that makes sense.

Personality disorders are not a treatable mental disorder, they don't respond to medications or therapy. They know right from wrong....other people are always to blame for THEIR problems....and other persons are viewed as, how they are useful to the (personality disordered) person.

They just don't care about anyone.

Personality disorders are not a treatable mental disorder, they don't respond to medications or therapy. They know right from wrong....other people are always to blame for THEIR problems....and other persons are viewed as, how they are useful to the (personality disordered) person.

They just don't care about anyone.

Sorry but that's just not true. There are many evidence based practices used to treat personality disorders.

Great thread! My overriding thought on this is that regardless of which type of or even IF she truly has any type of "disorder" or "diminished mental capacity," she has enough mental capacity to know right from wrong. My opinion is that she made a conscious choice to do what she did and should pay the price for her voluntary actions.

I recall that at the start of this, many thought she was extremely smart to have pulled this off so far. But, I don't think she's so smart. If she were, she would at least fake emotions when appropriate as littlemisslegal mentioned. To react to descriptions of Caylee's remains and to the verbalized speculation of how she died, would be appropriate - if she were so smart, she would at least fake reactions. Her love for her own self is her overriding motivation and will be her downfall.

She almost gave herself away in this video crying in court, shaking her head "no" when JA was describing his theory as to what ICA had done and LKB takes her arm to get her to stop reacting. Apparantly, JA has something wrong in his theory and she knows that's not the way it happened. I do believe she showed emotion here but only out of frustration because she CAN'T tell her version.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whamjz3XOJ0&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

IMO, I'm sorry..I'm a nurse too and I can tell you that I cry when I see murdered or dead children....There is no excuse for coldness when a child in your family is murdered....whether you did it or not. That is called a personality disorder...psychopath, sociopath, narcissistic disorder, or borderline personality disorder. NO FEELINGS when NORMAL people would have them! I am a psychiatric professional for 30 years.

It should be interesting to watch her reaction to their talking about this. Unless Baez has said, we have to do this to save you, we know you are innocent.

Personality disorders do not constitute a break with reality, that is, they know the difference between right and wrong. Personality disordered persons don't have delusions or hallucinations that lead them to murder an innocent person. They murder because NO ONE matters to them and there is no defense of diminshed capacity.....they know exactly what they are doing and why. IMO of course:maddening:

i am still perplexed by LA saying i a jail house tape "is this like the last time"?
wonder if the last time put her over the edge, to have no reaction to what she went on to Caylee and her non reaction now

jmo

i am still perplexed by LA saying i a jail house tape "is this like the last time"?
wonder if the last time put her over the edge, to have no reaction to what she went on to Caylee and her non reaction now

jmo

We learned through MHawkins depo, that ICA would withhold Caylee from her parents to punish them or shall I say, to punish CA...no doubt there is a love/hate relationship between those two and the bulk of it was due to Caylee and ICA being a neglectful parent in CA eyes...so, LA asking is this like last time is due to ICA taking Caylee away from the Hopespring Dr. address for a period of time...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back