ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo... am I the only one who doubts Romeo Salta's story? Am I the only one who finds it a bit more than a coincidence that his wife is a very outspoken animal activist?

I doubt the story (mostly because lawyers/professionals would not normally go public with such info), but ... if the wife is as you say, then i'd think that the info coming out would be slanted more against LRM. As it is, seems to be me it could possibly be beneficial to him instead.

Soooo... am I the only one who doubts Romeo Salta's story? Am I the only one who finds it a bit more than a coincidence that his wife is a very outspoken animal activist?

I'm not sure what to make of it. What was his motivation in releasing this information? The emails do seem legitamately written by Luka, and that is definitely one of his photoshopped pictures, so at least part of this Lawyer's story rings true. I just don't know whathe was hopeing to accomplish by telling it, other than a little exposure for himself. Narcissist lawyer looking for business, even bad business... ;)

the discussion of Lin Jun reminds me . . . have y'all heard the audio of the telephone interview with his friend Matty (?). I stumbled across it the other day and hadn't seen it before. No startling revelations. Just his comments about what kind of person he was and how he learned of his death, etc.

Whoa Luka {I think} or Cutelittlenemo - one of his alias posted about being abused on vacation on the I Hate My Mother website 286 days ago. He signed his post vladimir romanov. He does not mention any kidnapping - as in the e-mails to attorney. Only being drugged then abused. Then taken to mental hospital. And kinda blames Mom for everything. So sorta what is mentioned in the attorney e-mails. But closer to the truth on the I Hate My Mother website. {Possibly}. The attorney e-mails just have an added twist. And no mention of being on vacation.

I doubt the story (mostly because lawyers/professionals would not normally go public with such info), but ... if the wife is as you say, then i'd think that the info coming out would be slanted more against LRM. As it is, seems to be me it could possibly be beneficial to him instead.
:waitasec: How so? The gist of the story is his "confession" to the kitten crimes, with a bunch of nutjob-like talk and gratuitous sex scenes (all surprisingly without all that many typos and grammatical errors).

What's your angle on it?

i doubted it a bit at first.. but having read it a few times.. it is in the manner that LRM writes.. some of the 42 abuses scream his personality.. and its just to elaborate for anyone BUT lm to have created..

why would the lawyer create such a wild story, which can be considered liable/slander if untrue, about a serial killer in another country. and go through so much effort in it

As entertaining as it is to speculate about his mental state, LM premeditated the crime, went through with it, and then fled. An unhappy abusive upbringing doesn't excuse his actions so much as offer a cautionary tale that benefits breaking those cycles of violence, isolation and abuse. Also, the victim's choice of kink isn't that unusual, so if he was into a little slap and tickle then so be it. It doesn't disrespect him to bring it up, and it also doesn't imply he deserved the events involved in his murder on the basis of lifestyle choice. Just my 0.02.

i doubted it a bit at first.. but having read it a few times.. it is in the manner that LRM writes.. some of the 42 abuses scream his personality.. and its just to elaborate for anyone BUT lm to have created..

why would the lawyer create such a wild story, which can be considered liable/slander if untrue, about a serial killer in another country. and go through so much effort in it
Why would so many people and organizations create fake facebook pages, websites, email addresses, blog sign-ons and posts, photo albums, letters to police agencies, YouTube videos, etc etc for so many years?

Kittens.

Libel and slander are the least of least of Luka's worries now, and Mr. Salta knows it. That's why he waited to release the info until today. It's not as if Luka's going to lawyer up and sue him in a N.Y. court.

i dont know....
i mean for him to flat out lie about his dealings with LM and completely fabricate those emails and obtain and photoshop that picture?

that is an awful lot of lying to the world for an officer of the court.....by him lying like that he could put his name and career in the sh.tter....

i dont think he is lying at all...

I'm curiuos about the lawyer's comment that LM wanted the story of his abuse out there. When did LM tell him this?

i dont know....
i mean for him to flat out lie about his dealings with LM and completely fabricate those emails and obtain and photoshop that picture?

that is an awful lot of lying to the world for an officer of the court.....by him lying like that he could put his name and career in the sh.tter
It's about 2 hours worth of work, and now that Luka won't be seeing daylight for a while, I don't think he's too concerned about being hauled in front of the N.Y. lawyer's society as being the state's first dishonest lawyer for it, nor for his obvious breach of client-solicitor privilege.

I have been following this case and just wanted to chime in and thank EVERYONE for their input. A lot of good points being made. I think we aren't even close to discovering everything going on with this case but you all are doing an amazing job.

It's about 2 hours worth of work, and now that Luka won't be seeing daylight for a while, I don't think he's too concerned about being hauled in front of the N.Y. lawyer's society as being the first dishonest lawyer for it, nor for his obvious breach of client-solicitor privilege.

but he is an officer of the court (Member of the New York State Bar since 1981
Member of the Federal District Courts for the Southern and Eastern District of New York)...

he is not some random anonymous person saying "LM stayed in my room while i boinked him for 2 nights and this is my story"...

those words he said to the reporter are there FOREVER.....you really think he would risk his name and his career (he has his own firm) over some like luka by fabricating a huge story complete with picture?

i just dont see that....

Why would so many people and organizations create fake facebook pages, websites, email addresses, blog sign-ons and posts, photo albums, letters to police agencies, YouTube videos, etc etc for so many years?

Kittens.

Libel and slander are the least of least of Luka's worries now, and Mr. Salta knows it. That's why he waited to release the info until today. It's not as if Luka's going to lawyer up and sue him in a N.Y. court.

i think your missing the point.. he stand nothing to gain from making up a story about lrm talking to him a year and a half ago, and creating these emails. why would he go to the great lengths of creating that picture?

the only person that would have anything to gain and have clear motive is LRM, either in creating a BS story, being a complete lunatic, or in the billion to one chance there really is a manny.

edit: as someone also mentioned.. He risks getting in major trouble with the BAR. if lrm didnt sit in his office, tell him this story, and that he wants it released if **** hits the fan. then he could face major career issues

but he is an officer of the court (Member of the New York State Bar since 1981
Member of the Federal District Courts for the Southern and Eastern District of New York)...

he is not some random anonymous person saying "LM stayed in my room while i boinked him for 2 nights and this is my story"...

those words he said to the reporter are there FOREVER.....you really think he would risk his name and his career (he has his own firm) over some like luka by fabricating a huge story complete with picture?

i just dont see that....
Yes, I do.

i think your missing the point.. he stand nothing to gain from making up a story about lrm talking to him a year and a half ago, and creating these emails. why would he go to the great lengths of creating that picture?

the only person that would have anything to gain and have clear motive is LRM, either in creating a BS story, being a complete lunatic, or in the billion to one chance there really is a manny.
Why do you think this officer of the court breached his client's confidentiality by running, not to the police during an international manhunt, but to a journalist over a year later?

I'm open to hearing what possible legitimate reason anyone thinks this guy had for committing one of the most basic ethical violations of the legal advocacy system.

He didn't.
Why do you think this officer of the court breached his client's confidentiality by running, not to the police during an international manhunt, but to a journalist over a year later?

I'm open to hearing what possible legitimate reason anyone thinks this guy had for committing one of the most basic ethical violations of the legal advocacy system.
The attorney says in the comment section that LM wanted the story of the kittens "disseminated" and that he wanted his story of abuse told....

FWIW lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member