Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is, what do you do with these "warning signs" considering that there are many young men showing the same signs but vast majority of them don't commit mass killings.

I wish I had the answer.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Fox News reporting Gunman's father found dead in NJ

Why are people setting up pages for this guy? Artist and public figure pages.

wonder if the father is dead in NJ.

This is just awful. Awful.

I really don
t have anything useful to contribute. Just too shocked and numb.

The strange thing he seems to have lived with his father in NJ and didnt even live with his mom.

Maybe he wanted to move in with her and she told him to grow up and live on his own.

Jmo and speculation.

I don't do social media but wondered if there was any indication of the alleged suspect's educational and/or employment history?

Exactly. I really don't think there is much anyone can do. In most cases, I don't believe anyone would be able to predict this sort of thing.

There is no way to predict this. If there was they would stop the ones who do it before it happens.

A lot of people are depressed even clinically depressed but they dont go on rampages and hurt people. If they hurt anyone it is usually themselves only.

IMO

Lots of holiday activities sure to be cancelled this weekend, including school programs, etc. I think I am staying away from shopping malls. My God what is happening to this world?

The strange thing he seems to have lived with his father in NJ and didnt even live with his mom.

Maybe he wanted to move in with her and she told him to grow up and live on his own.

Jmo and speculation.

Maybe his parents told him to get a freakin' job and support himself!

Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys
RT @JesseRodriguez: Speaker Boehner has ordered flags on Capitol Hill to be flown at half staff
Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys
WCBS-TV: Law enforcement officials say SIG, Glock pistols were found in CT school, Bushmaster rifle was found in suspect's vehicle

Ignore...ignore ...ignore!! THAT is a HUGE problem in our society...!! Until (like today) it is too late...

That's because there's this pervasive attitude of, "hey, whatever makes you happy." Obviously, not going out and killing people, but if it makes you happy to be a loner, or someone enmeshed in the dark, morbid subculture out there, then hey, anything goes!

I don't do social media but wondered if there was any indication of the alleged suspect's educational and/or employment history?

I havent searched either Betty but I dont think it will be all that long before we will know that.

IMO

The picture of the guy on the twitter we have linked does not look like the picture of the guy whose FB we have linked. I think the twitter link might be the wrong Ryan Lanza.

ETA= THE FB WE LINKED IS WRONG GUY. BUT I THIONK THE TWITTER IS RIGHT GUY!!!!

Ignore...ignore ...ignore!! THAT is a HUGE problem in our society...!! Until (like today) it is too late...

I agree. But what if someone tried to get him help, he was in counseling, etc. It's not like they can just lock him up because he may or may not be a danger to society. I think sooo many times, as I said in another post, this behavior comes as a huge shock to everyone around the shooter.

Tricia Griffith ‏@websleuths
Just heard a dr say, "We don't need metal detectors, we need mental health detectors." AMEN. When are we going to stop this madness

Are you serious???

I think they were referring to his mom, being dead at home in NJ (?).

ETA: reading upthread, I see reports that it is the DAD who was killed in NJ? I heard mom, but maybe they just don't know. (I was wondering, if it was his mom, why no one mentioned that his mom hadn't reported to school today...)

The Associated Press ‏@AP
BREAKING: AP source: Suspect in Connecticut school shootings is 24-year-old; younger brother being held. -SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie