Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
As meticulous pointed out, you originally located these comments. The commenter surely posted elsewhere under a different name? Any guesses as to who this is? Could it be Terence McLernon?

Posted through Tapatalk

No idea sutton , interesting . haven't seen any posts by this person in other forums, ( As far as I know )
Has terr been known to ramble this staggering type of information ?

unable to attach links

Do you recall an article/incident where someone grabbed a girl from behind on Broadway or at Broadway Fair? Might have only happened in the last 5 years?

There've been a number of sex attacks in that area that I've read in The Post. Contact Bret Christian for further details on these.

Snipped. I don't think I've heard of these. The only reference I can find is Billy's mention back in thread 2.

Anyone else remember anything?

Posted through Tapatalk
This whole page has some interesting discussion . Thanks for linking it [emoji115]

unable to attach links

As meticulous pointed out, you originally located these comments. The commenter surely posted elsewhere under a different name? Any guesses as to who this is? Could it be Terence McLernon?

Posted through Tapatalk
Sutton you might have this right in one way or another .
Chck out what is on google

unable to attach links

Sorry if this is going over dead ground. But I would like to get users thoughts on the following regarding DNA and certain scenarios.

1. Police do not have a DNA profile of the offender.
2. Police have a full DNA profile of the offender, but have no idea who the offender is.
3. Police have a partial DNA profile and know who the offender is, but this isn't enough evidence to convict
4. Police have a partial DNA profile and no idea who the offender is.

I'll leave out the option of full DNA profile and Police know who the offender is as I believe this would solve the case.

Sorry if this is going over dead ground. But I would like to get users thoughts on the following regarding DNA and certain scenarios.

2. Police have a full DNA profile of the offender, but have no idea who the offender is.
3. Police have a partial DNA profile and know who the offender is, but this isn't enough evidence to convict

I'll leave out the option of full DNA profile and Police know who the offender is as I believe this would solve the case.

2 or 4

My guess would be #3

Someone on here says the exact half way mark between JR and CG is #309? I asked what the same distance East from 309 would be? Silence. What area is it please?

Either 3 or 4.

I think police have a partial DNA, and there is no general consensus on who the killer is. But I think he's on the short list and police have not been able to get his DNA.

But it could also be they don't have a clue who the killer is.

What's your vote, GD?

Posted through Tapatalk

Rather than ask this question then why don't you ask your self another question: 'why would the police get DNA expert Dr Jonathin Whittaker from the UK to fly to Perth to analyse DNA if they had a full profile?

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...s/news-story/5c3de303388ff089c816855b8631062f

According to the Post report, detectives have made numerous trips to the UK to liaise with forensic scientists there, including DNA expert Dr Jonathan Whitaker. Dr Whitaker has reportedly visited Perth to work on the case. He is a pioneer of LCN (Low Copy Number), the most sensitive DNA testing yet developed.

WA Police wouldn’t respond to any of the points in the report, but issued a statement this afternoon.

“Police have always remained positive that the crimes will be solved,” it said. “The advent of new technology, investigative techniques and the potential for new evidence all enhance that

I doubt they have a full profile. If the partial profile doesn't have the right number of markers its inadmissable to a court regardless how certain you are someone is the killer

LCN is about building DNA from damaged or tiny particles.. it can take many years and may never achieve a full profile. Or even an admissable profile. Each country has different criteria for admissable DNA profiles and exactly how many markers are required.

It is highly likely if they were using LCN they have created a profile that can pin point roughly who the perpetrator is, but will never be admissable. Therefor they are finding as much other evidence as they can to convict, or relying on other forensic evidence or are continuing to build the profile.

When was Dr Whittakers last visit to Perth? I assume he would be working on the sample in the UK too, unless its not allowed to leave Australia. That would explain the visits.

Rather than ask this question then why don't you ask your self another question: 'why would the police get DNA expert Dr Jonathin Whittaker from the UK to fly to Perth to analyse DNA if they had a full profile?

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...s/news-story/5c3de303388ff089c816855b8631062f

I doubt they have a full profile. If the partial profile doesn't have the right number of markers its inadmissable to a court regardless how certain you are someone is the killer

Great points Elastic!
Just thinking.....If a partial is inadmissible yet points directly to a suspect, all police could do is watch and wait really. Maybe while they are doing that, better evidence may come in. I can't think what else they could do.

I've ruled him out because he was just a guy who knew Ciara. There is nothing else tying him to the crimes, as far as I know.

Do you have an argument for why he should be considered?ins

Posted through Tapatalk

I just think the timing of the murders stopping is important. RZ deceased, Dixie deported etc. The incident at Graylands could have been revenge. For him to institutionalize himself he must have been a bad state, probably psychotic. The grave visiting thing is not necessarily weird but who knows. Last year when all those post articles that were coming out there was one that discussed familial testing for some reason.

But no, I don't really have an argument, just thoughts.

Someone on here says the exact half way mark between JR and CG is #309? I asked what the same distance East from 309 would be? Silence. What area is it please?

From doing it really roughly (I don't have access to 100% accurate method)

John Forrest NP? Parkerville?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member