Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care if he is 4 feet tall, has green hair, and lives under a bridge...LE needs to give the public more information if they want to catch this creep. It is one thing for them to play "close to the vest" in order to gain a conviction later on with a known perp, but for them to hold things back which could actually get a name so he can be taken into custody is ridiculous. The time is long overdue for them to release what they have.
I agree with you but maybe they don't have that much more information? I think they were holding back what they had with the 2nd pair of panties then they released that and wonder what else there is.

I agree with you but maybe they don't have that much more information? I think they were holding back what they had with the 2nd pair of panties then they released that and wonder what else there is.
They keep talking a big game like they do have more. Let's just say, I HOPE they have more. If not, this isn't going to be solved without him committing another crime and gaining more clues. It is difficult to even suggest another victim has to be taken in order to get him, but it sounds like it is where we are with this case.

I just wonder if the clothing that the rape victim wore was saved. Looks like they could do tests on fiber to maybe determine the color of the carpet or cloth seats in the vehicle. Also, I know it was said that he covered her head with her jacket hood, but what about binding her or throwing some sort of cover over her so that she wasn't seen by anyone in a passing larger truck. If he had no weapon, how did he keep her in the vehicle? I'm just assuming that she was placed in the floorboard, but I suppose she could have ridden in the seat. Maybe he even has the passenger door rigged to not open. I think there is more that LE isn't telling.

I can't remember where I read it, could have been AMW, but they said he forced her into the passenger seat.

post #293
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It is time to take off the " Joe Cool special detective" glasses and help us help you. I'm all over this town in the middle of the night 5 nights a week. Any more information as to what the **** I'm looking for(if you have it) needs to be put on the table.

It's been almost 2 months, any self perceived rights to exclusivity have thus been lost.

Our community is tainted. It is hard to describe the creepy feeling I get when I drive into town. I hope that we don't have to wait for another rape or a victim in a field. Even if this has an I.Q. of 165, his head is messed up.
His screwed up mind is eventually going to override his intelligence.

If they hold another press conference and reveal that there was a third pair of yellow panties with Donald Duck pictures on them and the DNA of an ostrich, I'm going to have to seek counseling.

I think that he intentionally murdered Brianna, too. It takes strength and determination to strangle someone. That's no accident in my book.

I agree, but I do feel that he MUST have some martial arts/wrestling experience. I lean towards the martial arts more because he seems to be quick, and knows various chokes, or holds to incapacitate his victims.
Although this has been discussed in great length, my children (ages 10 and 13) are getting their purple and black belts in Tae Kwon Do- They just had a workshop last weekend where a master came and taught them over 20 different ways to choke and incapacitate an attacker. My kids are 5' and 5'3", and both took down a 6' man and got them in a prone position to choke them out- I learned from that class by watching the instructor that there are 13 different spots on the body that can be used to incapasitate (sp?) you, or paralyze you and you could very well be "choked" to death in seconds- Its very scary if used in the wrong way. :eek:

I don't care if he is 4 feet tall, has green hair, and lives under a bridge...LE needs to give the public more information if they want to catch this creep. It is one thing for them to play "close to the vest" in order to gain a conviction later on with a known perp, but for them to hold things back which could actually get a name so he can be taken into custody is ridiculous. The time is long overdue for them to release what they have.

I'd like for someone to explain why they announce a PC two days ahead of time and then reveal information that does zip to help identify this guy. Isn't that the purpose of sharing information with the public? The pink undies were revealed to help THEM, not the public. They wanted to give some explanation for the DNA mix up released to the media. They already know whose undies they were, where he got them and most likely when he got them. It's not like he was wearing them around his neck for a week before he left them with the body. No help at all, not even for those who know him well.

If I'm correct this guy has attacked 4 women, only one of which was not "successful". Even your most organized, experienced perp will have a miss. I don't know that we can assume that this guy just started this sick behavior. He could have been building up to murder for quite awhile now. If you consider that some reports say the December victim was brutally beaten then you could also assume that he was getting close. I also think he had every intention of killing her when he tried to break into her apartment

I agree that this guy has enough social skills that he doesn't initially come off as the warped individual that he is. However, I don't think he is skilled enough to be a "life of the party" sort of guy. Probably is more a follower or loner.

I think he attacks from behind in order to overpower his victim quickly and to avoid being seen. I also believe this may indicate a lack of confidence as well.

From what I understand it takes a minutes, not seconds, to strangle someone to death. You would think it would be difficult to do that accidentally. Either way he obviously didn't care if that happened, as it would be easy enough to avoid.

I think he is planning his next attack and that fantasy is what keeps him going until he thinks it is safe to strike again. I also think he will try to break into a woman's home. I don't think he'll risk trying to abduct someone in the open again, JMO.

This description gotten from Secret Witness. Could it be our perp 4 years ago? the addresses are close by...mackay ct and he may match the photo description of Brianna's attacker.

Sexual Assault/Burglary W. 11th St.
Case#
04-25801/25985
Secret Witness is offering a reward in the amount of $2,000.00 for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of the suspect wanted in connection with the sexual assault and burglary of female victims in the 200 and 600 blocks of West 11th St. Reno, NV. On July 5, 2004 at approximately 11:00 p.m. the female victim reported that she was sleeping in her residence in the 600 block of 11th St. when she was awakened by the suspect touching her leg. The victim screamed and the suspect fled on foot. Also on July 5, 2004 at approximately 4:00 a.m. a female victim was sleeping in her residence in the 200 block of 11th St. when she was awakened by a suspect touching her leg. The suspect restrained the victim and sexually assaulted her before leaving the apartment on foot. Both incidents are believed to have been committed by the same suspect. The suspect is described as a white male adult with an olive complexion or a Hispanic male adult, 16 to 25 years old, approximately 5’10” to 6’1” tall, medium build, short black wavy hair, brown eyes, and possible pierced ears. A composite sketch is available at the Reno Police Department. The Reno Police Department is asking for the public’s assistance in identifying the suspect. Anyone having information relating to this crime or the suspect should contact the Reno Police Department at 325-8040 or Secret Witness at 322-4900.

Guest, I saw this one earlier and I think we listed it under possible victims. It is interesting, but I discounted it due to that perp having black hair, olive skin, and being so tall.

I'd like for someone to explain why they announce a PC two days ahead of time and then reveal information that does zip to help identify this guy. Isn't that the purpose of sharing information with the public? The pink undies were revealed to help THEM, not the public. They wanted to give some explanation for the DNA mix up released to the media. They already know whose undies they were, where he got them and most likely when he got them. It's not like he was wearing them around his neck for a week before he left them with the body. No help at all, not even for those who know him well.
It was all about the DNA mixup entirely. They were upset with the criticism and wanted to "set the record straight" so John Q. Public wouldn't lose total faith in their abilities. No other reason...it was all an elaborately orchestrated PR move to cover their own mistake. If the media and the public waited for two days...then hype over it was greater and more people would pay attention to what they had to say. It was much ado about nothing!

I think the perp might be poised to strike again soon. Now, national media has shifted its attention to the two other murdered college girls. And, UNR's spring break is coming, and shortly after that, the academic year will end. There's really not a lot of time left for this perp to have such a bevvy of victims at his disposal. If he waits even till the end of May, there will be far fewer college girls hanging around. JMO.

ok - new to the forum and have been following the case for some time.
This has probably been discussed earlier.
I have been searching the sexual registry databases and feel the suspect has committed a crime before.
One interesting person i found in my search - he was convicted of sexual battery and served time in california at age 20.
He would now be 27-28 years of age- pic shows he is clean cut.
What struck me is he lists school zip as "89502". Morrison College is found in that zip code range.
Morrison College has two locations - one right in the midst of U Reno Nevada.
The other campus is located "Reno Tahoe Tech Center", which is right at where the body was found.

Welcome to WS, Rusty! Oh, that is very interesting! Could you post the link for him? All you need to do is to copy and paste the address into your post. I think we would all be interested in seeing this one. Thanks and it is great you are here!

I am not sure why you are so upset over the press conference itself. They took responsibility for the error and explained what happened. If they had not, some would suggest that they were trying to hide what happened. Those that do not like LE will always find a reason.

http://www.nvsexoffenders.gov/Search.aspx

last name - underwood
first name - nick

Also of note - heigth is 5'7", initial desciption from one victim, just over 5'6". Looks like he works out. Check out additional photos -- has an embroided shirt , something typically worn with sweats.
His head looks shaved.
Know its a long shot - one last thing. Why is he smiling in this pic, most people convicted of a crime are not too happy.

I am not sure why you are so upset over the press conference itself. They took responsibility for the error and explained what happened. If they had not, some would suggest that they were trying to hide what happened. Those that do not like LE will always find a reason.
I do like LE contrary to what you might believe (just not their tactics), but a statement to clarify would have sufficed instead of a two day build up for a presser that was a crock!! :mad:

last name - underwood
first name - nick

Also of note - heigth is 5'7", initial desciption from one victim, just over 5'6". Looks like he works out. Check out additional photos -- has an embroided shirt , something typically worn with sweats.
His head looks shaved.
Know its a long shot - one last thing. Why is he smiling in this pic, most people convicted of a crime are not too happy.
I would certainly like to know more about this guy. He does appear to fit LE's profile of the perp and have a reason to be in both places. Good find, Rusty!

last name - underwood
first name - nick

His head looks shaved.

Interesting pic. I have always felt the perp smiled alot. I thought the LE checked out all the sex offenders...hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member