Documentary Film Project

Since there has been only one small response to any of the above posts, how do we even know this is legit?

I hope this is legit...these girls deserve justice. Someone knows something.

Since there has been only one small response to any of the above posts, how do we even know this is legit?

I am friends with a person who is local to the Weleetka area.
This person has been contacted by the film company.
I believe this company is legit. But, only time will tell.

Ruflossn

I asked that Tricia contact the person to verify the information and that the company was legit. I am hopeful this was taken care of, but I haven't heard anything yet.

If we worried about a killer on every case reading here, we would never work a case on WS! We know there have been perps even going out into the woods with seasoned searchers during organized events. This is always a risk when you are on a public crime site. It is why I recommend people not give too much information on their personal lives on the internet at any time and not only on sites like this one.

No offense, but if locals were coming here and telling people who they were, where they lived exactly, and allowed themselves to be put in the position for everyone to know they were working on this case...I have to ask why? It has been clear from the beginning this is a serious murder investigation and no perp/perps have been caught. The risk has always been there. This is not a game and it is not a "who dun it" crime story to be taken lightly in any respect.

My point is there are approximately 11,280 hours of research which needs to be narrowed into focus for it to be of any use to this team who are willing to do this documentary. We can either be part of the process or rest on our laurels because we have already "done the work". I prefer to help them instead.

I think the first task in investigating this crime is to scope out LE. They must find out if LE will be helpful and cooperative with this documentary. I mean really helpful, not the kind of garbage that has been coming from these people up to now.

If LE isn't really helpful and happy to see them, then they need to make sure they know what they are up against. I wouldn't go forward unless I had LE resources I could use as consultants who are from outside the area and are very competent.

This is such a wonderful idea and thank you Hatgirl. You just never know, you could wind up helping break this case. It's so sad everyday I come to WS and check this forum and....nothing. Let's hope that changes.

I think the first task in investigating this crime is to scope out LE. They must find out if LE will be helpful and cooperative with this documentary. I mean really helpful, not the kind of garbage that has been coming from these people up to now.

If LE isn't really helpful and happy to see them, then they need to make sure they know what they are up against. I wouldn't go forward unless I had LE resources I could use as consultants who are from outside the area and are very competent.

That's right. It's a great opportunity to shed more light on the case and keep it in the forefront. It will be interesting to learn OSBI's official position and degree of cooperation (not to mention the families' degree of cooperation). I'd guess lots of encouragement but no information. Perhaps one LE officer will step outside the box, off the record, and provide some direction.

Speaking of direction, most here seem to be asking Hatgirl for more direction. It also seems that everyone wants to help and is very excited about this project. She is probably too busy to get right back to us, or at least as quickly as we might like her to. To clarify an earlier post, we don't have a whole lot more than what has already been posted. If by some chance Hatgirl doesn't know a lot about the case and/or does not have the time to research it all by herself and/or she needs us to help or recap or eliminate for her some the time she would have to take to get up to speed, please speak up. I think one little post from her would open the floodgates.

You said what I was thinking. What we need to know is What does hatgirl know. Wouldn't want to overwhelm her with facts if she already knows them. We would all do anything we could to help. We are all so excited for this opportunity to help out, just need to know exactly how.

Hatgirl??

;) I recommend Mark Furhman. LOL I would be glad to meet him at the airport and deliver him to the crew.

Thank you Hatgirl! Count me in. Gonna do a documentary and not-for-profit? More power to you.

Very interesting Hatgirl. I've never heard of this site or venture.

Hatgirl, I hope your journey into the Weleetka saga will lead down the road to justice for these young girls. Good luck!!

Has somebody been purging posts again?

WTH happened to Hatgirls long post explaining what the documentary was about and Alberts post with the links to the venture that Hatgirl is doing

I DIDN'T REALIZE THAT I NEEDED TO COPY EVERY POST THAT IS SEE ON HERE BECAUSE THEY ARE DISAPPEARING!!!

WHERE DID THE POSTS GO AND WHY?

Albert what was the name of the venture company?

Yeah, I think we need an explanation of what's going on here.

I was not a member here at the time so I do not know if the following theory was explored. I recall that close in time to the girl's murders Skyla's brother had been incarcerated and was set to testify against others. I vaguely recall his sentence was less than the others involved. Is it possible Skyla/Taylor's murder could have been retaliation or a warning/message to Skyla's brother? I do not recall his name, so I have not been able to find the links but info about his trial was out in the media. I just wondered if this may be an interesting angle for the film crew to explore. Thoughts?

ETA: Found the information:

Edward Gordon- Skyla’s brother-

Aaron Graham pleaded guilty to first-degree murder Friday morning, according to media in the Pittsburg, Kan., area.
A Cherokee County jury convicted Samuel Becker in January 2008 on 11 charges; he was sentenced in March to life in prison, plus 68 months, with no chance of parole for 25 years. Also in March, another defendant, Edward Gordon, pleaded no-contest to second-degree murder and agreed to testify against Graham. Gordon hasn’t been sentenced yet.

http://www.moultrieobserver.com/local/local_story_194225327.html

Edward Gordon, 20, of Baxter Springs, was found guilty of second-degree murder after pleading “no contest” to the charge as part of a plea agreement. The agreement calls for a 10-year prison sentence.
http://www.joplinglobe.com/neo_sek/local_story_193211359.html?keyword=secondarystory

I was able to talk the producers into letting me respond here. They don't want to create any issues or problems. I do know that the producers were a little shocked when they found that the post for Kickstarter was taken down.​

The entire 11 and 13 production team thought that it would be a great idea to post the link here since there seems to be an overwhelming response to help find the people that did this to Taylor and Skyla.​

Just to launch a film can cost thousands of dollars and while the main producer is currently funding this, he thought if people wanted to contribute that would be a good thing and wanted to provide an avenue for this. The team also thought that people might want to help and be part of the filmmaking process. Right now the plan is to have this film set up as a non-profit so people can get a tax credit for donations and that some of the proceeds can somehow memorialize the girls.​

Here's the deal, it doesn't have to be set up this way and the producers can make the film on their own but thought it might be nice to give back to the community so-to-speak. The producers are good people and didn't want to have any "negativity" towards the film, the production or for people to think they're just out to make money on this.​

I can tell you that's not the case, they have their reasons for making this film. In my opinion, at least they are keeping this case alive and doing something that can potentially help find who did this. That's it for now.​

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back