Brad Conway Press Conference 1/23/09

I thought the reporter was asking about if KCs friends killed Caylee versus the Zanny story....to which Conway said "They don't know".

That Q about the friends was asked & he said he knew no details about the letter except from what's been in the media..I'm positive BC said "they don't know" in response to whether the A's believe their daughter is guilty & that was asked & answered (in the same way) more then once.

I hope this isn't too OT for the thread, but here is a quote from the transcript of JVM's show on 1/16/09 and what Mark Eiglarsh said:

"EIGLARSH: That`s one thing. Because later in the tape, she references that, you know, I discussed this very carefully with my attorney, Jose Baez. And he ultimately deferred to me as to whether I wanted to do it, knowing that the media would have a field day with it. And she`s absolutely right.

At that point of the investigation, every single morsel that flowed from her lips was being analyzed. I cannot believe that anyone with a law degree would put her in a position where we would now be able to watch 20 minutes of video and audio items flow from her lips to analyze.

Now, granted, I don`t necessarily agree with this being a bombshell. Bombshell is a busload of nuns watching her slice up her daughter and throw her remains in a wooded area."

This from a transcript of the show available via a Google search. I would hope a criminal defense attorney that serves as an adjunct law professor wouldn't make a statement like that without some factual knowledge. In this same show, he mentions earlier that Caylee was dismembered.

"Conway, who plans to hold a press conference at 3 p.m., said he wants the media to give the Anthonys space. "They're under the same amount of stress that they always have been, maybe more," he said. "They're just trying to cope with the death of Caylee."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-bk-george-anthony-caylee-012309,0,7934495.story?page=2

You know what, I agree. As much as I want the low down, I don't want it at anyone's expense. I say, media, take your trucks & reporters off the Anthony street & give them at least a weekend of peace. I sincerely hope they find peace. Shame on Casey, all this will have the least affect on her because she is not capable of normal feelings.

Can you elaborate? This is the first time I have heard this....

Thanks

Here's the quote from JVM show 1/16:

EIGLARSH: Jane, I wanted to comment about how they`re paying for this. I agree that a lot of these people on board for the 15 minutes of fame, to be a part of this case, but I know for a fact having spoken to some inside sources, there are photographs of Casey as a child, compelling photographs that I`ve seen because they were attached to the brief that was submitted to get the death penalty waived.

They`re compelling photographs. I know for a fact that those photos if they haven`t been already been sold, they will be sold. You`re going to see them in interviews; you`ll probably see them in tabloids. That`s one of the ways that they`re making money in this case.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, that`s certainly the speculation although we can`t say for sure because at this point we don`t know. I don`t have the evidence to say that. Now, here`s --

IEGLARSH: I do.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok. Then you said it. That`s good.

No one ever knows what goes on in a relationship but the two people in it. For us to assume otherwise is unfortunate and contributes to this. It's also a bit perplexing that although the stress that Cindy experienced as breadwinner and primary caregiver, household manager is evidenced, that is entirely dismissed as it's much easier (and also quite sexist) to go with the image of the shrill, nagging woman and cast blame based on that. Although I do think many women faced with the same situation of supporting a whole family, may in fact "nag" their husbands for a bit of help, especially if their husbands gambling debts got them there.

I don't disagree with you one bit. There was a lot of pressure on Cindy & as far as KC, I think given the situation, it was far easier to ignore than confront. Truth is, Caylee was probably her one true joy.

My heart goes out to George. I can't even imagine what he's going through. In addition to mourning Caylee he has to feel some amount of guilt for testifying against Casey even if he knows in his heart she did it. He's in the worst situation imaginable. I think Cindy is stronger and maybe the lies and her believing Casey is innocent is the only thing keeping her from attempting suicide herself.

My son was killed in a car accident a couple years ago at 16. I felt tremendous amount of guilt, not that I had any control over the situation.. but, constantly going over things in my head that I could of done differently. A coke bottle rolled under his foot and he couldn't stop the car at at a stop sign. I ran that stop sign 15 times in one day. Morning, afternoon, night.. It was a cry for help. I wasn't trying to kill myself... I know it sounds like it..

Extreme grief makes you do strange things. There is no comparison with my son's death to what the Anthony's are going through. It is just un-imaginable. I had no one watching my every more, reporting it, no child being prosecuted.. none of the stuff they are going through and I felt helpless, hopeless, and exhausted. We need to remember that the Anthony's are going through some extreme pain, shoes that I never ever want to walk in.

No, actually he wrote in the suicide note that he thought Casey was innocent.

I saw that on WESH, too, but without actually reading the whole note, and making sure it was not taken out of context, I'm not sure what to make of it. WESH also said that he made "dark, veiled references" to her friends, whatever that means. I wonder if he may have said something to the effect that the Casey he knows and raised would never have done this, and that she had bad influences that led her to the dark side, or something. If that's the case, I could totally see that. It would be heard to imagine your daughter doing something so heinous and I would think it was only natural that one would have to think something led them astray.

Here's a link to that article:
http://www.wesh.com/news/18546075/detail.html

I am glad to know that GA ilwas found before another tragedy struck this family. I have lost people I cared about to suicide and the commonality is they felt that they got so far into something that there was no other way out.

BC said today that the Anthonys do not k ow if KC was involved. That is the first time we have heard anything that varied from KC could not have dns this. This comes just days after LE releases details about the clothes and other items were found. Is it possible that those clothes were the ones the baby was wearing the last time he saw her? Could it be that the release of how KC and he were always at odds and he feels betrayed because he tried to defend his daughter to the world and his wife was giving out the details to her co workers ?

I don't like this Conway character one bit, he's no different than Baez. Maybe some of the rumors about the A's would stop if he would be so kind as to explain exactly how they are living day to day, paying bills etc with NO INCOME! There obviously is money coming from somewhere and sooner or later it will become known.And, what did Conway mean he will be visiting with George? In the George is missing thread it stated that a Baker-acted person can
not have any visitors for at least 24 hours...........more privileges.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I feel exactly the same. The guy is smug, and imo, even more offensive than JB. And I don't believe a word he says.

Why does he have to be on tv 3 times a day from the A's front lawn? Does the family want to be left alone to grieve, or do they want more publicity and increased media from this?...it seems to be the latter. If they have no fear of being criminally charged, why is he at their house 24/7?

George is probably allowed to see a lawyer because he is on a legal hold??? Where I come from, people on psych holds go before a judicial officer within 1-3 days of entering hospital.

Could Conway be over-playing the sympathy card to set up his clients for what may be coming down the pike with more damning evidence coming to light? What about the parents own role in alienating the public vis a vis their own actions and statements? Conway seems to think this is a one way street IMO.

I can't help but think this family is trying every trick they can to avoid being charged themselves.....not all that different from how Casey deals with things. They think that sympathy is the only way LE won't prosecute them. I think they know charges are on the way. I also think there was stuff in the document dump that may involve some nasty family secrets, and they know these are about to come out.

This is the best for George. He needs to be alone for a time without the energy of other people possibly further conflicting his need to grieve. Solitude is wonderful for finding a center.

I think it would be easy for a nonmedical person to confuse the words "dismembered" and "disarticulated". And they do mean two very different things.

The Anthony's have had only two choices: the one they've taken and the one most people wish they would.

Either way, it's a devastating loss for them - just horrible. The loss, the guilt, the gut-wrenching sorrow.

I will let them grieve in their own way. They don't have control over poor little Caylee now and maybe they just try to busy themselves doing what they can (like picking out jewelry or things they could bury her with when the time comes).
Could you make some mistakes or act out of character under extreme circumstances?

After burying my mother last summer, I know how weird people can get.

Please look in your heart and the mirror.

Bolded by me:

I don't think that is anyone's business but their own. None of us are disclosing our income.

CA did say in court she was getting assistance from her employer. And GA was on a job interview yesterday.

None of us are asking the public for donations.

CA said that in Court 7 months ago.

GA was in a hotel room and drank 8 beer and may have taken some pills yesterday.....what sort of job interview is that?

My son was killed in a car accident a couple years ago at 16. I felt tremendous amount of guilt, not that I had any control over the situation.. but, constantly going over things in my head that I could of done differently. A coke bottle rolled under his foot and he couldn't stop the car at at a stop sign. I ran that stop sign 15 times in one day. Morning, afternoon, night.. It was a cry for help. I wasn't trying to kill myself... I know it sounds like it..

Extreme grief makes you do strange things. There is no comparison with my son's death to what the Anthony's are going through. It is just un-imaginable. I had no one watching my every more, reporting it, no child being prosecuted.. none of the stuff they are going through and I felt helpless, hopeless, and exhausted. We need to remember that the Anthony's are going through some extreme pain, shoes that I never ever want to walk in.

The circumstances may not be the same as the A's but I believe a comparison can be made re: extreme grief & pain..I'm so sorry for your loss.

Dismembered? Well, now we know what the knife was for.

OMG that poor child. Why, WHY would she be dismembered after death? She was so tiny.

Everyone, take a deep breath. I don't believe Caylee was dismembered. Dr. G. said that the body did not show any evidence of trauma to the bones.

Did anyone watch this on HLN?! Mark Eiglarsh was commenting on the presser and made a statement I haven't ever heard anyone make in this case. I was shocked as he has been so adamant about facts every time he has been on television. He was giving his "personal opinion" and this is taken out of the context of him talking about George today.

He said, "...he lost his granddaughter, his own daughter is accused of killing a..a...and dismembering the body of his granddaughter...uhm...this is just not a very good place or time for him right now."

ETA: This is Mark E.'s PERSONAL OPINION and speculation only. This is not been suggested or proven to be true.

Haven't finished reading to the end of the thread yet...so please forgive if this has been answered already..

Dr. G. did prove this was NOT true...she said there was absolutely no evidence of damage to any of the bones..so Mark E. was totally incorrect in insinuating this in his comment. He then followed up with another completely false statement when he said the body was found inside a pillowcase. SO....take this as an uninformed statement made to fill in his time segment and to sound like he knew what he was talking about when his words proved that he does NOT know.

When asked if the A's believe KC did it he said "they don't know" He repeated this twice at least..That was a big surprise to me because as we all know they've been saying all along she was "innocent" of this crime ..It's CAYLEE George has the most on his mind..IOW..Not Casey!..BC & the A's believe it's time to bury Cayley & they're are growing impatient waiting for the testing to be completed..The memorial he thinks will be in Feb.

Excerpt:http://www.wesh.com/news/18546075/detail.html

Authorities in Daytona Beach earlier Friday confirmed that a suicide note was found with George Anthony at a hotel along U.S. Highway 1.

Investigators said the eight-page note indicated George Anthony was at the end of his rope, and that once he was gone, his family would have a better life. He wrote about how strong his daughter, Casey Anthony, is and said he doesn't believe she hurt her daughter, Caylee. However, he did make dark, veiled references to his daughter's friends.

George Anthony also wrote in the letter that his wife, Cindy, could do better than him. He also wrote about his son, Lee Anthony.

That would be horrible - dismemberment.

But....I have had this wierd feeling ever since the ME said there was no ante mortem trauma to the bones.

To me it was technical speak and could have meant "There was post mortem trauma but I'm not going to reveal that"

Could that also be why the ME was so sure it was a homicide?

If you acidentally kill someone and then freak out and dump them - that is one thing - but you sure as heck wouldn't dismember them.

Gruesome to discuss.

I have secretly held this fear since Dr Gs statement at the press conference where she stressed there was "no anti-mortem bone trauma". Why didn't she just say "no bone trauma" or "post-mortem trauma consistent with animal activity"
But her stressing there was no trauma before Caylee died just sat the wrong way with me and I pray that I'm wrong about it.

I can't help but think this family is trying every trick they can to avoid being charged themselves.....not all that different from how Casey deals with things. They think that sympathy is the only way LE won't prosecute them. I think they know charges are on the way. I also think there was stuff in the document dump that may involve some nasty family secrets, and they know these are about to come out.

I can't help but think back to when GA said early on he'd "die" if it would bring Caylee home..I believed him then & I believe now he wants to die so he can be with Caylee..It's been reported he wrote that but I'd still have this same POV even if I never heard about the letter.

If Casey heard anything and we can bet Jose is there with her, holding her ?hand. She will ask for some tranquilizers and be more of a victim..."This can't be Happening" to coin an old phrase.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back