CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sorry, I have'n't read the two threads, but I want to ask a question.
Didn't he have a cellphone?

I"m sure LR had a cell phone because didn't the media say that police had seized the cell phones when they searched their house?

Frankly, I don't believe a word he says. Remember Susan Smith...She cried and begged for days, until LE suddenly announced her arrest. Some cry and some get angry - doesn't mean a thing.

It's just very improbable that he was taken in that particular neighborhood. Though you have to admit it was a clever ploy to defer suspicion from himself. Place the child by the backdoor, open the trunk lid, disappear around the corner & voila! Child is gone off the face of the earth. It was reported somewhere a reporter did the walk from the alley to the store in 40 seconds.

He was supposedly behind the car by the door. Now who from the street could have seen him?

Why are they searching Coyote Park if he was stolen on College Ave.? They had helicopters flying around, probably with heat seeking instruments to detect a body. They searched again yesterday (Sunday).

It just burns me up that this child born with CP had such a tragic life and ended up being victimized by a monster.

I'll be the 1st to apologize if it turns out he was kidnapped.

I hate to say it, but it's either a monster Hasanni knew, or a monster he didn't know...whichever one, it's so sad that this little guy has suffered SO much in his life. No child deserves to have to go through all this.

How can Hasanni and his 18 month old sister have been in foster care for 2 years and then with LR and JC for 6-8 months?
I know I suck at math, I have the grades to prove it...but that doesn't add up no matter who you are.

ETA: And I think some of the anger in that video is because if CPS told them the kids aren't coming back to them, they may have also let them know that their rights to their own child are in danger. Which I almost guarantee is the case. These people will either lose their own child too, or they will have CPS so far up their butts the state will know what they ate for breakfast.

Definately agree that they have probably been told that their rights to their own unborned child are in danger/being reviewed. One is missing, the other is back in CPS care ........ tells the story doesn't it?

How can Hasanni and his 18 month old sister have been in foster care for 2 years and then with LR and JC for 6-8 months?
I know I suck at math, I have the grades to prove it...but that doesn't add up no matter who you are.
snipped by steadfast

On the video, Ross said that Hasanni had been in foster care for 2 years and his sister had been for 2 months.

I got zero sleep, so I am off to bed, but I thought I would leave a parting thought:

In the video of the interview with bio mother, there is a very well maintained white bike in the middle of the apartment. Whose is it? Bio mother doesn't see, like the bike riding type, if you catch my drift. So, who lives with her? Why weren't they willing to appear on camera? That and that infant carrier, something isn't right on that end of this whole deal.
Bike is on this video, http://cbs5.com/video/?id=53961@kpix.dayport.com at 2:08

I got zero sleep, so I am off to bed, but I thought I would leave a parting thought:

In the video of the interview with bio mother, there is a very well maintained white bike in the middle of the apartment. Whose is it? Bio mother doesn't see, like the bike riding type, if you catch my drift. So, who lives with her? Why weren't they willing to appear on camera? That and that infant carrier, something isn't right on that end of this whole deal.

Have a good snooze - do you think that bio mom still had access to the children or maybe Hasanni was left with her and something happened and we are into a cover up? Just wondering.......

Have a good snooze - do you think that bio mom still had access to the children or maybe Hasanni was left with her and something happened and we are into a cover up? Just wondering.......

The foster parents would not be the first people to shrug off gov't dictates when it concerns allowing access to kids by relatives. I would venture that a lot of kinship care arrangements are done with the family hoping that ties will be maintained or regained as the non-custodial parent rebuilds their lives, and that these are not always "official".

According to this video interview with Ross and Campbell yesterday, social services has told them that even if Hassani is found, THEY WILL NOT GET EITHER OF THE CHILDREN BACK!!!

http://cbs5.com/video/?cid=129

the video is in the video library and is labeled August 17th 2009 at 5:34 pm.

If I were in a similar situation, I'd be angry and frustrated if people didn't believe me, but I certainly wouldn't demand that people help (or whatever he was demanding in that video--it wasn't clear). Seems like it's time for him to just ignore what people think and concentrate on finding the boy .

It sounds as if his "fight" for Hasanni to learn to write, etc, is partially an attempt to prove something about himself--like, "MY son CAN write, dam*it" --as if Hasanni is an extension of him (Ross) or something. But the attitude comes across so bullying and absolute. I could be wrong...

Hope I don't sound like I am playing devil's advocate, but lots of people do stupid things like leaving their kids alone for a couple of minutes and they are just lucky that the children don't get abducted or something terrible happens. IF Ross is innocent, it must be totally discouraging and depressing to find out you won't get your children back, anyhow.

I've thought about that, too, but I can't imagine them covering up for their violating the rules or the mother's guilt in his disappearance when they started to be suspected of killing him. Not that they're official suspects, but even they admit that LE seems to have it's doubts about their story.

NMK, I saw the bike you are speaking of. It is a girls/females bike. I just wonder if may bio moms mother lives with her.

(Bold in original.)

I assume they had a childcare agreement with the state and some part of their story - likely the fact they regularly left the kids in the care of the mom at work with fellow employees who had not been cleared with the state to babysit - violated.

However, I am not certain I believe CPS outright said "you'll never get them back, no matter what." I suspect that is what they heard from a more reasonable line like, "we're starting an investigation into whether or not you guys should get them back" or something similar.

In any case, I am not sure why the dad, who is concerned how people see him, would publicize this part of the story on his own will, as it has nothing to do with the more important story of Hasanni's disappearance. Seems odd, and ill-advised.

In the video I saw, the part about CPS not returning the girl was spoken by the anchorwoman not Ross.

It could also be part of her physical therapy.

It could if it were a stationary bike, IMO. She seems to have a problem with her eyes, tho, that makes me wonder if she would be able to ride that bike outside safely.

JMO

Okay, I went back and listened to the video again. The reporter stated that Ross said the state informed them (he and the aunt) that they would not be getting the children back even if Hasanni came home. Odd wording for the reporter, and not verbatim on my part.

JMO

In watching the videos from last night, this is what I noticed:

- LR was all about "me, me, me"
- He was angry that people questioned them
- He was mad at how the media is portraying them and that they
are "pestering" them, but gladly invited them into their home
- He bragged about how great he is

Who does this remind us of?

Just seems to me, when a child goes missing, the parents will be the first poi. It's just a fact. If the parents are innocent, they should gladly cooperate and do so as quickly as possible to get the focus off them and onto what really happened. They shouldn't be angry that LE is asking them questions. Instead of blasting media for "pestering" them, they should be using that time to plead for the childs return. All the talk of how great he and JC were for taking them in made me ill. And the talk about how well Hasanni was doing was merely to pat himself on the back. I also noticed more past tense words when talking about Hasanni.

Just seems to me, when a child goes missing, the parents will be the first poi. It's just a fact. If the parents are innocent, they should gladly cooperate and do so as quickly as possible to get the focus off them and onto what really happened. They shouldn't be angry that LE is asking them questions. Instead of blasting media for "pestering" them, they should be using that time to plead for the childs return. All the talk of how great he and JC were for taking them in made me ill. And the talk about how well Hasanni was doing was merely to pat himself on the back. I also noticed more past tense words when talking about Hasanni.

BBM

Yes, this has bothered me all along. "This was my son," etc. Could be I am just being picky, or just might show a lack of optimism on his part, but it does stick out a bit.

Here is a rough depiction of a 3 mile radius from the residence where Hasanni lived:

ETA: Alameda Creek - is this a fairly large body of water - I know a creek is usally just a stream but ..........

Attachments

• 3 mile map.png
    3 mile map.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
I live in the Bay Area about 20 minutes from Rockridge and work about 5 minutes from Rockridge. When this story first came out, I thought to myself, College Avenue is such a busy street. There is NO WAY at 4pm in the afternoon that someone didn't see something! Even if he was parked on Harwood, this area is just too busy for something like that to go unnoticed.

Last night I was watching the local 10oclock news on KTVU channel 2. They were showing the vigil and the foster parents pleading for Hassani's return. I just kept looking at the foster parents and as much as their voices were cracking and they were "sounding" like they were crying, I did not see one tear fall from their eyes.

I am not saying that this implies guilt at all and some people handle things differently, but if my six year old was missing I would probably be a big ball of tears! Just an observation that I made, and my opinion of course, but I don't think we are getting the full story from the foster parents!

Great post, YellowSubmarine. I see the same thing out of Ross.

I also think that all of this is not turning out as he had hoped. He probably thought he would have a lot of support from the public and that is not happening.

That was a candlelight vigil for Hasanni and not the place or time for the comments he made.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member