Family Press Conferences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok....so this is what I just can not comprehend. They both make it clear that they dislike TH, they don't trust TH, there were prior issues with TH....yet they both felt comfortable leaving 90% of the care and responsibility for Kyron to TH? If Kyron was so used to spending time with DY at her home on weekends and holidays and in summer....WHY would they not have had him move in with her? Why would you let someone you did not trust be with your child for even one minute? I had a neighbor who once backed into a car in her driveway, and then a week later ran into the front wall of her garage. I never let her drive my kids anywhere again and we have been friends for over 20 years! If you don't trust someone or have known them to lie, its a one and done situation. A child's life is more important than "family dynamics".

jmo

Do you have evidence that DY didn't try and fail to get Kyron back after her treatment in Canada? Or that the option was ever open to her?

KR2, the lawnguy was wired by police after he told his story. They wanted to catch Terri in a conversation with him about the kill for hire. It didn't pan out as she shut him down pretty quickly. Then, evidently called 911.

Thank you!~

I read in one of these threads that TH's parents were staying with her at the house. Is this still true, and I wonder if this news conference is a way to get TH's parents to get TH to talk?

I doubt seriously TH's parents are capable of getting her to do too much of anything if she doesn't want to do it....JMO

What is Desiree saying with this statement? When questioned by one of the reporters last Thursday night during the PC, they asked what searches were being conducted in finding Kyron. Desiree's response of the LE doing mechanical and technical work struck me as odd. What was meant by this? Tracking, surveillance, etc?? If Kyron is alive and being held by someone, what would/could this mean?

I think this means they are checking out the Horman vehicles, computers, phone records, and bank records.

If they were searching for a body, I would think they would continue to search the woods, waters, etc... does this fall into the mechanical & technical category?

Mechanical = anything you can do physically. Searching, interviewing, etc.
Technical = computers, phones, bank records, etc.

JMO

I'd really like to hear this from LE. Granted, their "no comments" were frustrating, but I'm liking their silence since all of this information started to come out even less.

I'm not sure what mechanical and technical means, unless it is as Cypress put it - bank records, surveillance, etc. At this point, though, I would hope they would have been through the bulk of that and have moved on to additional leads they may have, or other jumping off points they found from their first searches of the family.

I'm surprised there's not been more ground searches, alerts, or more visible efforts to locate Kyron. I'm a bit baffled they aren't instructing the public more on what to look for, or, god forbid, searching areas with cadaver dogs or looking for additional evidence. Perhaps they are doing these things in a very quiet manner, but I wish we'd hear more about it.

I took it that maybe it seems she doesnt know exactly what they're doing, but she's trying to respond to the question (and in the process giving assurance that they're doing something that meets her approval/ gratitude.) Or either could it be that maybe she's/they've been informed to some degree, but they were told not to reveal it specifically to the media. IDK.

Do you think she was being honest when she said the LE wouldn't share with her husband (a detective) what's going on in the case? I think they are like a brotherhood (LE) regardless of what county they work for, they would still fill him in on specifics that aren't shared with the media or general public.... moo

I'd really like to hear this from LE. Granted, their "no comments" were frustrating, but I'm liking their silence since all of this information started to come out even less.

I'm not sure what mechanical and technical means, unless it is as Cypress put it - bank records, surveillance, etc. At this point, though, I would hope they would have been through the bulk of that and have moved on to additional leads they may have, or other jumping off points they found from their first searches of the family.

I'm surprised there's not been more ground searches, alerts, or more visible efforts to locate Kyron. I'm a bit baffled they aren't instructing the public more on what to look for, or, god forbid, searching areas with cadaver dogs or looking for additional evidence. Perhaps they are doing these things in a very quiet manner, but I wish we'd hear more about it.

BBM: Exactly - that's what makes me think they have some kind of information that leads them to believe Kyron is still alive. Maybe the person mailed Kyron's glasses or something of his to someone, letting them know he is being held.... wishful thinking on my part obviously, but still, it is a possibility, don't you think?

In the same press conference last Thursday night, I found it interesting that Kaine said the baby was with Terri that morning. So if she did in fact have the baby when she took Kyron to school, wouldn't that mean the baby was with her if she did take Kyron from the school and did something with/to him? Wouldn't that be somewhat risky??

Do you think she was being honest when she said the LE wouldn't share with her husband (a detective) what's going on in the case? I think they are like a brotherhood (LE) regardless of what county they work for, they would still fill him in on specifics that aren't shared with the media or general public.... moo

True, but this case is very personal for him. I doubt they're going to tell him much because of that. Police are taken off cases when it's personal to them, like a family member. It's better they don't tell him, and who knows, maybe he's told them not to tell him, or he tried to get info from them because he's LE, and they didn't give him any.

True, but this case is very personal for him. I doubt they're going to tell him much because of that. Police are taken off cases when it's personal to them, like a family member. It's better they don't tell him, and who knows, maybe he's told them not to tell him, or he tried to get info from them because he's LE, and they didn't give him any.

I highly doubt that all these un-named LE sources giving information to the press such as...cell phone pings in SI...are by accident. moo mho

I highly doubt that all these un-named LE sources giving information to the press such as...cell phone pings in SI...are by accident. moo mho

I don't think so either, so we agree on that. It doesn't mean, though, that those leaks are coming from TY is all I'm saying.

You see character assassination, I see people being truthful about a woman who probably did something to their son. And I doubt LE would let them be in any technical or mechanical work at this point. All they can do is sit there and think about this deceitful woman who's now hiding behind lawyer and not saying a word while their son is still missing. All IMO.

Kaine brought Terri in to watch Kyron when Terri went to Canada for Treatment. He ended up marring her and having a baby girl. I highly doubt Terri could get away with all this lying and deceit, hateful, vengeful feelings about children for 6 years. Why now is there such an epiphany regarding Terri? Seems convenient.

In no way am I saying Terri didn't take part in the disappearance, she may have or she may not have. Facts are scarce in this case. However, to suddenly realize your partner of 8 years is a compulsive liar and that she is capable of hating and hurting children is suspect, at least to me. Maybe he simply didn't pay attention to her in the marriage and missed it all - now that's possible. moo

Kaine brought Terri in to watch Kyron when Terri went to Canada for Treatment. He ended up marring her and having a baby girl. I highly doubt Terri could get away with all this lying and deceit, hateful, vengeful feelings about children for 6 years. Why now is there such an epiphany regarding Terri? Seems convenient.

In no way am I saying Terri didn't take part in the disappearance, she may have or she may not have. Facts are scarce in this case. However, to suddenly realize your partner of 8 years is a compulsive liar and that she is capable of hating and hurting children is suspect, at least to me. Maybe he simply didn't pay attention to her in the marriage and missed it all - now that's possible. moo

I think you've got it in that last sentence there. He already had one marriage fail, I doubt he'd be looking for another marriage to fail. KH loved TH before this. When you love someone, you are blind to things they do. It's only after they've been exposed that you can look back and see what when wrong, and what lies they told. I don't have a problem at all with what he's said because he's had weeks of looking back at this point and seeing everything that went wrong - something you don't do when you love a person and only want to see the best in them, which I'm sure he did for a long time.

And for the sake of family harmony for Kyron, DY bit her tongue all of these years. I imagine she's finally getting out what she's known all along but didn't say for Kyron's sake. Plus, it doesn't seem like TH did anything before now to hurt or mistreat Kyron, at least that we know of. If there was abuse that in home, I'm sure DY would have fought to get custody of him. As mad as she is at TH now, I am sure she would not let Kyron suffer just to placate KH. I'm sure they're both wishing they had done things differently before now. Retrospect is painful. They probably think they could have prevented this and feel guilty for what happened to Kyron in that way.

Lots of married people end up hurting children and several of their spouses have said that it came as a surprise. One time is always the first time.

Anyway, if your spouse is a relatively normal person you might want to try to hide your homicidal impulses from him because it's not likely to get a good response.

Kaine did say that he had noticed Terri's deceitful side but it's a big jump from lying to killing children (or whatever may have happened to Kyron). Lots of spouses find themselves lied to and they don't suspect murder because of it.

It may be he ignored some warning signs that he shouldn't have but lots of people try to see the good in things and he is not a psychiatrist or a mind reader. I think sometimes Kaine gets unfairly blamed for not being psychic.

He may very well have known all along she was a compulsive liar. But, I'm pretty sure he never thought it possible that she would harm anyone. Like someone else pointed out in another thread, he didn't let the grass grow under his feet once he found out about the MFH scheme. He grabbed his baby daughter and got the heck out of dodge.

I am not so sure. My husband had two children by his ex. To his face his ex was just fine. She talked about the future and wanting more kids etc. To her family when he was at work..she would say he abused her ( he is the mildest person i know). To her kids when he wasnt there..she would beat them..then tell him they had been fighting each other. She would tell the kids if there father knew she did it he would leave and they wouldnt see him again. He didnt know what was being done to the kids. He didnt know what lies she was spreading about him until after they split up for the final time and her family went to him and told him..and the eldest son in fact told me..his stepmother to be what had been happening.

So no personally the fact that Kaine didnt realise her behaviour was suspect means nothing really to me. But in any respect...Kaine isnt believed to be in any way responsible for what happened to his son and so im curious why everything is meant to be down to Kaine and not down to the last person to see him who will NOT cooperate with the police.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member