Found Deceased MI - Paulette Jaster, 25, Davison, 12 May 1979

Such a pretty girl and obviously deeply adored by her family. I have a feeling she may still be out there somewhere.

This story makes me think of a homeless woman that I met around Christmas in California a couple years ago. I gave her some warm hats, and spoke with her briefly. She was afraid to hitch rides as she said she was assaulted. She was in her fifties and heavy set. She said she was from 'back east', and that she was headed to the coast here, to meet up with friendly people she knew where she could live. It's a coastal area for hippies, and the name eludes me at the moment. What really upsets me, is that I cannot remember her name, it still keeps me awake at night. Her clothes were all wet from walking all night in the rain, and she was talking to herself, when I approached her and chatted for a while. I have searched for her face all over this site, and doe too, and have a couple possibilities, but from Paulettes young photo, it would be hard to say if it was her, though the age would be exact...

Ruled Out by DNA
I think it is safe to rule out Paulette Jaster as being Princess Blue. The website does say that her DNA is available and also this article mentions that Paulette's parents both submitted DNA and it is filed in the nationwide FBI database. 1 down, 18 to go, lol

Quote:
Sperlich said DNA from her mother and father, both of whom have died, has been collected and filed as part of a nationwide FBI database to aid in identifying Jaster.
http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/n..._searches.html

Paulette Susan JASTER

The Doe Network:
Case File 108DFMI

PJaster3.jpg
PJaster4.jpg
PJaster5.jpg
PJaster6.jpg
PJaster2.jpg
PJaster.jpg

PJaster1.jpg
PJaster_ap2.jpg
PJaster_ap3.jpg

Top: Jaster, circa early years -1979
Bottom: Right: Age progression by Sgt Mark Krebs Left & Center: Age progression to age 52
Paulette Susan Jaster
Missing since May 5, 1979 from Davison, Genesee County, Michigan.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: January 9, 1954
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 115 lbs.
  • Distingishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; hazel eyes. Slender to medium build.
  • Dentals: Available
  • Marks, Scars: Scar on crown of head, gray mark from pencil lead embedded on left cheekbone below eye.
  • Medical Conditions: Jaster occasionally suffered from periods with mental illness.
  • Clothing: She was wearing blue jeans and was carrying an army-style duffelbag. She also wore a ring with a turquise stone and a silver ring with a stone of unknown color.
  • AKA: Paula Johnson,Paula Breck, Paulette Breck, Paula Lynn Sweet
  • DNA: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Jaster was last seen in Davison, Michigan sometime in May of 1979. She left Michigan and was last seen headed toward Highway 69. She was sighted in Mesa, AZ during 1980.

She worked at WAG's Restaurant (in Walgreen's) and Paul Perry's Smorgee Table early in 1980, both in Mesa, Arizona. It is believed that she may have been traveling to Florida. Jaster was known to have bouts with mental illness, and is very creative and artistic, loves unusual jewelry, animals and anything "natural". Jaster has never been seen or heard from again.
A cursory search of Social Security databases showed no evidence of Jaster or any of her known aliases in recent years.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Jaster, please contact:
Michigan State Police
Flint Post
810-732-1111
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
NCIC Number:
M-320682217
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information: NCMA
Michigan Does

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/108dfmi.html

I was researching another case here at WS and came across Paulettes info. I think the post modem photos have a similar look to Paulette:

TX - Walker County Jane Doe, Age 14-20, murdered 11/01/80*Warning post mortem photos* - Page 4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

However, in researching Paulettes supposed alias, I came across some other info. There is/was a Paula S. Johnson living in Mesa, AZ who was also known as Paula Sue Rubin. I know the waitress said she had an engagement ring---maybe she got married? I found the info on peoplefinders.com and this Paula S. Johnson/Rubin is 49, so is younger than Paulette, but that could be because of fake identification. She also lives(ed) in Chandler and Gilbert, AZ (near Mesa), and Boca Raton and Miami, FL. There is a male listed as a household member who is about 65 with the first names Robert Fred or Raymond. Could just be coincidence, but to have one of her alias living in Mesa, is too much of one, IMO.

This one haunts me. Probably because it's so close to home. And for some reason, I can't help but think of Tammy Leppert. Not as a connection as far as the disappearances, but the mental illness springing up so fast and then they are just gone.
I would like to see this one end sometime within my lifetime. She had potential and you don't see a lot of that around here.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2009/01/dna_rules_out_missing_davison.html

Monday, January 26, 2009, 6:30 PM

Investigators have ruled out the possibility that a murder victim found in rural Minnesota decades ago was a long-missing Davison woman.

"I guess we have the answer we were all looking for. I for one am satisfied and relieved that we have the truth," said Peggy Sperlich, a sister of Paulette Jaster, who has been missing for nearly 30 years.

Share Police had previously investigated similarities between Jaster, a former Davison homecoming queen candidate, and a Jane Doe, whose decomposing body was found near Blue Earth, Minn., not long after Jaster's disappearance.

I ran across the case on Websleuths today of missing Paulette Susan Jaster of Davison, Michigan, who has been missing for over 30 years. I was shocked because I live in Davison now and lived here back then, and I live right by the I-65 expressway where she was last seem walking with a backpack of some sort. This woman went to the same high school that my kids did, only much earlier. The woman is just a few years younger than I am, if she is still alive. I don't remember news reports of her disappearance and I always read the newspaper and watched TV news. Davison is a small town so I don't know how I missed it. Not much usually happens in Davison, so it really caught my eye when I saw the name of our town on a missing case.

Hi Jan,
The Flint Journal has written several very good articles in recent years about Paulette and our ongoing search for her. One was a front-page spread with multiple photos and all. Members of our family met with the reporter, Ron Fonger, and he's been so good to do follow-ups whenever there's something new to report. I don't remember the year off hand, but my Dad also ran a very thorough article in the Davison Index years ago. Don't know how you could have missed that one. Here's my email if you'd like to reply directly: pbuck@gwtc.net
Thanks for your interest in Paulette - we'll never stop looking and hoping.
Peg

We didn't consider her "missing" until almost a year after her disappearance, but Dad put a very thorough article in the Davison Index all about Paulette's story. And Ron Fonger wrote several articles about Paulette for the Flint Journal, including a front page spread with multiple photos a few years back.
Would you like to email me privately?
Thanks for your interest in Paulette.
Peg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/108dfmi.html

The Doe Network:
Case File 108DFMI

Top: Jaster, early years -1979
Bottom Right: Age progression by Sgt Mark Krebs; Left & Center: Age progression to age 52

Paulette Susan Jaster
Missing since May 5, 1979 from Davison, Genesee County, Michigan.
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: January 9, 1954
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 115 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; hazel eyes. Slender to medium build.
•Dentals: Available
•Marks, Scars: Scar on crown of head, gray mark from pencil lead embedded on left cheekbone, below eye.
•Medical Conditions: Jaster occasionally suffered from periods with mental illness.
•Clothing: She was wearing blue jeans and was carrying an army-style duffel bag. She also wore a ring with a turquoise stone and a silver ring with a stone of unknown color.
•AKA: Paula Johnson, Paula Breck, Paulette Breck, Paula Lynn Sweet
•DNA: Available
•Dental: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Jaster was last seen in Davison, Michigan sometime in May of 1979. She left Michigan and was last seen headed toward Highway 69. She was sighted in Mesa, AZ during 1980.

She worked at WAG's Restaurant (in Walgreen's) and Paul Perry's Smorgee Table early in 1980, both in Mesa, Arizona. It is believed that she may have been traveling to Florida. Jaster was known to have bouts with mental illness, and is very creative and artistic, loves unusual jewelry, animals and anything "natural". Jaster has never been seen or heard from again.
A cursory search of Social Security databases showed no evidence of Jaster or any of her known aliases in recent years.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Jaster, please contact:
Michigan State Police
Post 35
810-732-1111
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: 35-121-83

NCIC Number:
M-320682217
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information: NCMA
Michigan Does
NamUs

PJaster3.jpg

I hope to contact the NamUs case manager tomorrow. Thanks again!

Long shot of course....Based on Charley project, authorities believe she may have been alive some time, possibly decades as a transient person.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/jaster_paulette.html

This Jane Doe stood out for me a bit....1988 Arizona. https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2069

View attachment 38358

RULED OUT:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Paulette Jaster Unknown Michigan
Kristina Perkins 1953 Arizona
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Darline Vaughan Virginia

hmmm. I guess our Houston case had not been mentioned, so many UID it is had to remember! Keeping my finger crossed Houston UID is Paulette!

NAMUS updated I-10 hit and run case with a picture!!! BTW, this girl was hitchhiking along I-10 when she was struck and killed. She was measured at 5'4" and 138 lbs. She had brown hair and hazel eyes. She was wearing a light blue wrap around skirt, dark blue jacket and whit sandals, AND SHE WAS CARRYING A DUFFLE BAG.

Attachments

• paulette collage.jpg
    paulette collage.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 217

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members