LE making progress? What ever happened with..

boggled_in_ohio

Reaction score
Remember some time ago when LE held that press conference asking for more information from the public, especially regarding the cars/parents that were at Skyline that morning, and the possible second person seen? Has anything ever panned out from that, that we know of? I haven't heard a peep about this since then. How long do you think it would take LE to work through all the responses/tips they may have received regarding that? And do most of you still have a working theory/suspicion that a second (or even a third ) person was involved in Kyron's disappearance? Also do you think LE has had enough time to gotten the lab results back from soil samples from the Horman truck (you would think so by now, but anything's possible). We sort of discussed that a little on the Sauvie Island Search thread. I'm just wondering what kind of progress LE may be making by putting all these things together by now (cell phone pings, visual witness/placement of TH, any possible video surveillance evidence, soil samples, clues in truck, people's memories from that day, tracking TH's purchases in months prior, etc etc) I'm wondering how that stuff is all stringing together by now... So I guess my point/question is- Do you think LE is making any progress at this point, or are still waiting for the smoking gun evidence to come to them?

Remember some time ago when LE held that press conference asking for more information from the public, especially regarding the cars/parents that were at Skyline that morning, and the possible second person seen? Has anything ever panned out from that, that we know of? I haven't heard a peep about this since then. How long do you think it would take LE to work through all the responses/tips they may have received regarding that? And do most of you still have a working theory/suspicion that a second (or even a third ) person was involved in Kyron's disappearance? Also do you think LE has had enough time to gotten the lab results back from soil samples from the Horman truck (you would think so by now, but anything's possible). We sort of discussed that a little on the Sauvie Island Search thread. I'm just wondering what kind of progress LE may be making by putting all these things together by now (cell phone pings, visual witness/placement of TH, any possible video surveillance evidence, soil samples, clues in truck, people's memories from that day, tracking TH's purchases in months prior, etc etc) I'm wondering how that stuff is all stringing together by now... So I guess my point/question is- Do you think LE is making any progress at this point, or are still waiting for the smoking gun evidence to come to them?

I have always found it extermely difficulty to beilieve that one or two other people were willing to be recruited in the murder of a child. MOO What on earth would have been their incentive ? I'm also reminded of the saying : two can keep a secret if one of them is dead. IMO

If there was a lot of credible evidence, the GJ would have returned an indictment. MOO

I have come to believe that LE is not actually focusing solely on TH any more. MOO. Whatever direction they are going in,and whatever progress they are or are not making, they will not be sharing .... IMO

Strangely enough, I have the persistent feeling that a significant break is at hand in this case.....

All JMO

What liz said.

I have always found it extermely difficulty to beilieve that one or two other people were willing to be recruited in the murder of a child. MOO What on earth would have been their incentive ? I'm also reminded of the saying : two can keep a secret if one of them is dead. IMO

If there was a lot of credible evidence, the GJ would have returned an indictment. MOO

I have come to believe that LE is not actually focusing solely on TH any more. MOO. Whatever direction they are going in,and whatever progress they are or are not making, they will not be sharing .... IMO

Strangely enough, I have the persistent feeling that a significant break is at hand in this case.....
All JMO

Strangely enough, I agree with you. :dance:

The day after the white truck flyer was sent out/produced, the turf technician came out with his information. I tend to believe that it was his truck that was seen on the access road. And if he was sitting in his truck having a coffee break, that could be the so-called other person seen in the white truck.

I don't even see them making any progress in forming the task force.

The media is absolutely driving me bonkers with not following up on things. This is one of them, the GJ is the other. Come on journalists...do your job! :banghead:

I can't speak for others, but when high-profile cases lag as this one has, I tend to lose interest. There is so little new information coming out - not that there was all that much earlier - but it's hard to stay motivated to follow the case when there's virtually nothing new. Posters tend to rehash the same points over and over :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead because there isn't anything new to discuss. This gets old and tiresome, at least for me.

I want Kyron to be found, and the person/persons responsible for removing this child from his parents to be brought to justice. It seems that this will happen in G-d's time and not when the media, internet bloggers, or even LE want it to happen until they have enough evidence to arrest and charge someone with whatever crime has taken place in the disappearance of Kyron. I continue to hope and pray that Kyron comes home soon.

I can't speak for others, but when high-profile cases lag as this one has, I tend to lose interest. There is so little new information coming out - not that there was all that much earlier - but it's hard to stay motivated to follow the case when there's virtually nothing new. Posters tend to rehash the same points over and over :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead because there isn't anything new to discuss. This gets old and tiresome, at least for me.

I want Kyron to be found, and the person/persons responsible for removing this child from his parents to be brought to justice. It seems that this will happen in G-d's time and not when the media, internet bloggers, or even LE want it to happen until they have enough evidence to arrest and charge someone with whatever crime has taken place in the disappearance of Kyron. I continue to hope and pray that Kyron comes home soon.

I agree...sometimes when I log in to the thread or take a look at another board, I feel like I woke up in the past, as though it is July or August all over again. Old discussions being recycled but nothing new added. Very frustrating. LE claims to want help but never really will show their face and ask for it.

So far i have seen nothing to believe that LE has moved their focus from Terri, they appear to be fixated on one scenario and are unwilling or unable to refocus on another angle.

I want to be wrong, I want them to have other suspects or have them name a person of interest but I'm not holding my breath. I am depressed by the lack of progress in this case.

So far i have seen nothing to believe that LE has moved their focus from Terri, they appear to be fixated on one scenario and are unwilling or unable to refocus on another angle.

I want to be wrong, I want them to have other suspects or have them name a person of interest but I'm not holding my breath. I am depressed by the lack of progress in this case.

General question, not necessarily directed at just you: if the course of their investigation has lead them to Terri from all avenues, why would they want to refocus on another angle? If they (and by "they", I mean all the investigators from all the different agencies that are participating) feel, with all the information that they are working with, that they have the right scenario, why should they not fixate on that?

General question, not necessarily directed at just you: if the course of their investigation has lead them to Terri from all avenues, why would they want to refocus on another angle? If they (and by "they", I mean all the investigators from all the different agencies that are participating) feel, with all the information that they are working with, that they have the right scenario, why should they not fixate on that?

I don't understand the point of your question. Do all the investigators from all the different agencies that are participating feel that all avenues have lead them to Terri? I mean, how could any of us possibly know that?

IMO If, LE is making progress in the circumstantial case they are making against TH, then

They must be eliminating other possibilities.
They must be looking for physical evidence to improve their case.
They must be coming up with a scenario for Kyron's disappearance that fits TH's within her unalibied timeline, and or looking for an accomplice.

And I just assume they are doing all of that, so are the proceeding in this case, I'd assume so, we just don't know what they may or may not have at this point. I'm guessing the physical evidence part is near to zero, and that's why they're searching again. JMHO

I don't understand the point of your question. Do all the investigators from all the different agencies that are participating feel that all avenues have lead them to Terri? I mean, how could any of us possibly know that?

We don't. The best we have is inference and speculation. Hopefully, that will change soon.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i..._horman_c.html

Stanton from the last presser:

"All this information has been compiled, a lot of questions have been

answered
. We're now focusing on what we have collected and targeting those

areas
to help the district attorney's office to develop a case that they can

prosecute successfully
." Sounds like they like they are confident in the direction they are going, so re-focas?

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i..._horman_c.html

Stanton from the last presser:

"All this information has been compiled, a lot of questions have been

answered
. We're now focusing on what we have collected and targeting those

areas
to help the district attorney's office to develop a case that they can

prosecute successfully
." Sounds like they like they are confident in the direction they are going, so re-focas?

I don't get that either, why anyone would want LE to focus on someone or something to which the evidence in no way points.

Seems like it's Criminal Investigation 101 that, when the leads take you in a specific direction, you focus on that direction.

It doesn't mean that LE haven't considered all possibilities. It means that nothing supports other possibilities, and everything supports the avenue on which they are focused.

I don't get that either, why anyone would want LE to focus on someone or something to which the evidence in no way points.

Seems like it's Criminal Investigation 101 that, when the leads take you in a specific direction, you focus on that direction.

It doesn't mean that LE haven't considered all possibilities. It means that nothing supports other possibilities, and everything supports the avenue on which they are focused.

bbm

Plenty of examples that prove that this isn't a statement of fact.

Here's one: http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/weird/clark/index_1.html

In that case, her father was the target, and remained under suspicion from LE and the public for nearly 14 years.

BBM. Imagine how clearcut and quick and easy convictions would be if that were reality. The dream of every prosecutor.

We don't know anything for sure, but we can make an educated guess that since all the combined efforts of all these different agencies that specialize in these cases have resulted in the focus being on Terri, it is for good reason. If whatever they have has pointed to her, then why would they refocus? Clearly they feel she's responsible. The post I quoted and was replying to said that they should refocus on other possible scenarios, so the point of my question was to ask why they should do that when they are telling us that they are to the point of building a case. Clearly, they know who they are building a case against and why.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back