Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about my previous post, I see there is similar information posted earlier, but it goes to show this case is back in the headlines, but hoping that it is not true.
Still praying for Madelaines safe return.

I dont understand why the witness at the petrol station was not investigated further. There has always been something not quite right with this case right from the beginning.

I agree Shazza. Too many missing links.

so the way I am reading it... is this new lead was a tip from a psychic that in the past helped recover two missing girls... and the police are not taking it seriously? Is that right?
You know it was said back a couple of weeks ago in the paper that the criminal here could come out later posing as a psychic with valid info. I hope they at least take a look at the area. I agree with someone else here who said if it were them they would be out there looking. I would.. as bad as it could be... I would be lookin. Closure must come here.

Interesting the psychic or whomever it is, doesn't want any kind of personal notoriety, it was sent anonymously (or are they still getting it?). Yet, they send the detailed tip to a major media outlet that will give it press. Is it too noble to suggest that this tipster wants to make sure it isn't swept under the rug from the police? I want to know from the Dutch paper if these are the only two times they have been sent info from this source. How often are they right or very close to it? Also interesting it was kept secret for 48 hours and as soon as the story gets out, everyone is now carrying it. The Today show is doing another segment on Maddie tomorrow and this new tip.

I dont understand why the witness at the petrol station was not investigated further. There has always been something not quite right with this case right from the beginning.

~Snip~
Ollim complained that when she returned to Spain and first heard about the girl disappearing from a resort in southern Portugal, she had a hard time getting the attention of authorities in Spain and Britain, and finally was able to send a written report to Portuguese police. ~snip ~

I so agree Shazza. The only things I can figure are that:
1. The police know this woman from previous encounters and do not take her seriously
2. The police are relatively sure this sighting never happened
3. The police have "ulterior" reasons for not wanting/needing to talk to this witness
a. members of the PP force are somehow involved and they don't really want to catch the perp
b. the parents are suspected
c. they know who did it and the sighting is immaterial
4. The police are being incredibily irresponsible.

And then she only gets to send a written report to the PP. What about Interpol? I thought they were involved in this search also.

I understand the parents were led to believe that the woman was thoroughly interviewed, etc. This is a very good reason why the parents should have hired a private investigator from the get go.

I'm practically holding my breath waiting for news that they are actually, physically inspecting the area identified in the letter.

Prayers for Maddie,
Salem

Oddly enough I read on that site with that Brian guy that does the psychic dreams said from the get go to not trust the police and search in the immeidate area without letting the police know. It suggested a cover up....Creepy....

I find it interesting that the information was sent to a Dutch newspaper also. Why not British? I'm pretty sure I know why not Portugese:innocent:

Do you think the Dutch laws are so different, there would be some type of safeguard there? I don't know what......... can you get in trouble for sending things to a newspaper.

I think the idea that the letter writer did not want the message to get swept under the rug has a lot of merit. I think news of the letter reached the public, if not before, then simultanously with it reaching the PP.

We must not be the only ones frustrated with the way things work in Portugal.

PLEASE, please, please let them go search that site, NOW, NOW, NOW!

Salem

Oh - by the way....Helper, it is okay to repeat news. Your messages were "red alerts" for anyone who had not read the previous couple of pages!:)

Oddly enough I read on that site with that Brian guy that does the psychic dreams said from the get go to not trust the police and search in the immeidate area without letting the police know. It suggested a cover up....Creepy....

I read that too. He also said Interpol should act without the PP. Not only creepy, its sad too, that you can not put your trust in those that are supposed to be helping you. Especially in a situation like this, where you have a lost child, in a strange country, with a strange language, etc. etc. Did Maddie speak Portugese?

I think the idea that the letter writer did not want the message to get swept under the rug has a lot of merit. I think news of the letter reached the public, if not before, then simultanously with it reaching the PP.

We must not be the only ones frustrated with the way things work in Portugal.

PLEASE, please, please let them go search that site, NOW, NOW, NOW!

Salem

I'm under the impression that the police have known for 48 hours now.

The investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann was in chaos last night after the detective coordinating the hunt for her abductor was charged with criminal offences over another notorious missing child case

What?? That is crazy!

Carpediem don't you think it's interesting that the article stated this..."There was no mention of clairvoyance or psychic powers."... This makes me think there is more to it then...

I would have been out there HOURS ago with a friggin shovel.

I'm curious if this is near the monument the McCanns ran to early in the search? Remember how they said it took 19 minutes or something?

I do remember that but had forgotten it. I am thinking now that this note did not come from a psychic and why they are giving it more attention.

I'm so scared about this. I really think they're going to find her. Poor little Madeleine. :( prayers for her family.

Greta: 6/13/2007-Fox News Reporting A newspaper has received a letter stating that Madeline's body buried and can be found 6 to 7 meters off the road under branches and sticks.

Petra,
If this was a European pedo ring involved in this case, I wonder if they would release the location of the body to make the public interest die down?

It doesn't seem good for Aruba that the Natalee Holloway disappearance remains a mystery.

Sorry. I see that my report is old news, going back to post #39. Excuse me for not looking back far enough.
Welcome to WS, Helper!! Don't apologize, it's hard to keep up sometimes. Glad you posted.

Newest article says they are discussing bringing in the dogs. I forgot to get the link but found the article through google news, and sorted by date order. It was the newest article as of 2 or 3 minutes ago.

I thought PP said no dogs previously. Maybe they will change their minds now.

Salem

I'm curious if this is near the monument the McCanns ran to early in the search? Remember how they said it took 19 minutes or something?

This is an interesting thought. Isn't it about 9 miles away? Can you run 9 miles in 19 minutes? Let's see - a 6-minute mile is "average" (I think), so a 3-minute mile would be above average. 3 X 9 is 27 (right)? Maybe the actual location is a little far for the run, but it may be on the same path. Certainly you could get halfway there. Maybe at the halfway point there is no "secure" area. But if someone was watching the McCanns and knew their route and was maybe timing them while waiting for an opportunity to grab Madeleine, it could be they used the same route out of irony and then discovered they needed to travel further because the "running spot" was not isolated enough?

Does any of that make sense?

Don't quote me on the time it takes to run a mile, because I am no runner:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members