NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds entirely plausible to me. But if that's the case, then I can't see what help her being on site could be. She could have given them that much information from a verbal descripton or by pointing to a map.

If the news video is accurate (always a big if), she didn't get there until after they were already searching, and she just sat in the vehicle and watched.

IIRC, also carbuff she wasn't taken directly back to her cell? Instead she was gone a few hours?

Where did they take her?

I'm not arguing if anyone is of the opinion that she told them where the leg was and took them to the site and sat in the back of the car and pointed to the area.

I'm just not there yet. IMHO, there could be other reasons to drive her around other than having her point out areas. Too many to list and speculate about at this point in time.

Who knows, I may change my mind in a couple of mins LOL. JMHO

IIRC, also carbuff she wasn't taken directly back to her cell? Instead she was gone a few hours?

Where did they take her?

I'm not arguing if anyone is of the opinion that she told them where the leg was and took them to the site and sat in the back of the car and pointed to the area.

I'm just not there yet. IMHO, there could be other reasons to drive her around other than having her point out areas. Too many to list and speculate about at this point in time.

Who knows, I may change my mind in a couple of mins LOL. JMHO

LOL, yeah, exactly.

I'm not trying to make any particular point about it. It's just...odd. I can make it fit more easily with her being a victim than I can with her being the guilty party -- but it doesn't really fit there either.

Okay, defended one unpopular subject (media), now on to the next: it is a defense lawyer's job to act as the advocate for the defendant against a state much more powerful than the individual, which has charged that individual with a crime, upon conviction of which the defendant may lose his or her liberty, or life.

Without an active, passionate defense, an adversarial justice system like ours could not function, and it would be kangaroo courts, show trials, and star chamber proceedings for us - in fine, all the hallmarks of a totalitarian society.

Also at the risk of beating a dead horse LOL.

I read the thread last night about AB's mention of Zahra being in puberty or something to that effect. I agree with the multitude of posts about that and all the posters who shared their experiences about or with a father dealing with puberty in girls...etc. No arguments there whatsoever!

Instead, I want to throw my :twocents: in, and this is just a personal completely subjective opinion

Let me preface by saying we have a blended family of 7 children. Five of which are girls.

IMHO Zahra is not showing the beginning signs of puberty that every single female child I have ever seen---shows well before the beginning of the first menstrual period and well before any moodiness that some not all can show from the increase of hormones in their system.

I just wanted to throw my :twocents: in, I could be very wrong though. JMHO

[snip]:

IMHO Zahra is not showing the beginning signs of puberty that every single female child I have ever seen---shows well before the beginning of the first menstrual period and well before any moodiness that some not all can show from the increase of hormones in their system.

Also, (I know I said this last night, but I think it worth mentioning again) I have known abusive parents who jumped on the 'blame pms' bandwagon way before it could have applied to the child, in order to explain the 'moody' behavior that is the normal response of someone who's being victimized. JMOE, though.

I agree and this proves to me that she has no empathy or regret for what she did. Assuming IF she did do it. I wish they could make her talk, like put her with the Navy Seals or something. :furious:

Regarding 'making her talk', I recently read all 250 plus pages of Sgt. William Fordy's interview with the pig farmer, Pickton, which resulted in Pickton's confession. I am in awe of Fordy's techniques, perseverance, and brilliance. Recommended reading if you have several more hours of free time.:read:

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/844853--pickton-interview-transcripts-released

No, that tarp is a bright blue and I think it is still there. This tarp was grey and obviously it was some sort of evidence or they would not have bagged it with gloves and took it to the forensics truck.
I studied those pictures and think this is a heavier tarp or sheeting. Could it have been a shower curtain? There are cloth paint tarps that are grey, but the way that folded looked more like a rubberized material to me. They did a great job of shielding evidence from view, and that glare at you made a lot more sense to me after studying your photos more.

I'm not sure you'd be aware of how touchy LE can be about citizens taking pictures of them at work, but with all the stories I've read on photography blogs, I do know you were treated extremely generously by these guys. He looked upset.

She used the church as an address? I missed that. The church address is on Ebenezer Church Rd.. The address listed near it is 4910 Burns Road, which I suspect is one of the houses across the street/near the church? If she also used the church as an address though, that would be good info to have.

No she didnt use the church as her address but her last name. an alias!

I read the thread last night about AB's mention of Zahra being in puberty or something to that effect. I agree with the multitude of posts about that and all the posters who shared their experiences about or with a father dealing with puberty in girls...etc. No arguments there whatsoever!

Instead, I want to throw my :twocents: in, and this is just a personal completely subjective opinion

Let me preface by saying we have a blended family of 7 children. Five of which are girls.

BBM (last BBM)
Yes...but, that's just the one's you've seen...LOL! I AM JUST TEASING YOU!!! I didn't even pay close attention to the posts you're referencing, so don't have any feelings towards that subject at the moment, anyway. I just couldn't resist replying...you were so good at prefacing your post...and I needed something to make me smile, amidst this terrible tragedy, that I can't seem to pull myself away from...prayers for Zahra!

I studied those pictures and think this is a heavier tarp or sheeting. Could it have been a shower curtain? There are cloth paint tarps that are grey, but the way that folded looked more like a rubberized material to me. They did a great job of shielding evidence from view, and that glare at you made a lot more sense to me after studying your photos more.

I'm not sure you'd be aware of how touchy LE can be about citizens taking pictures of them at work, but with all the stories I've read on photography blogs, I do know you were treated extremely generously by these guys. He looked upset.

I didnt see the photo but I did see a gray tarp in another media photo that was a car cover but it wouldnt fit in a paper bag.

Also, (I know I said this last night, but I think it worth mentioning again) I have known abusive parents who jumped on the 'blame pms' bandwagon way before it could have applied to the child, in order to explain the 'moody' behavior that is the normal response of someone who's being victimized. JMOE, though.

This statement from AB about Z coming into puberty has bugged me from the get go. I totally agree with your observation . . .

True, but as early in the day as the brought her there, you'd think if she was telling them where to look, it wouldn't take as long to find it. Did she even get out of the vehicle? It looks to me like she just sits there and nobody even talks to her.

Perhaps LE took EB to the location where they found the leg to SHOW HER they found the leg?

I think I read that Zahra was 5'1" and weighed 85lbs. Does anyone think EB could lift her by herself? EB doesn't seem to have done any sort of manual labor so wonder how strong she may be.

I think I read that Zahra was 5'1" and weighed 85lbs. Does anyone think EB could lift her by herself? EB doesn't seem to have done any sort of manual labor so wonder how strong she may be.

I think she could lift her and or move her.

I think this was discussed in an earlier thread as well. I have a daughter about that size and if adrenaline kicks in and I have to lift her, I could. If AB knew she had to move Zahra's body, she certainly could have.

I absolutely think she could lift her by herself and I don't think she would have any big problems doing it.

I wouldn't be surprised--adrenaline has been shown to provide individuals the strength to do things they would not normally be able to.

I don't think she could have lifted her - dead weight is heavy weight indeed (it hurts to write that and think of Zahra). I think EB had help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member