50/60 year old Amnesia Victim Savannah, GA Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome SFT!!! We love extra eyes here. Just so you get a sense of the threads, typically proposed matches go here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60373

You raised something with the last doe network case-BK has a partial bridge since he lost some of his teeth either in the attack or earlier...let's say for example he did have a space in his teeth-would the dentist correct that when the bridge was made?? Hmmmmm

OOps sorry.. Will they move it over there then?? I sat here the other night for hours looking for possibles as well as looking at those being compared. There are so many different threads,I got lost. :) I am thinking that even though he was found in 04,does not mean he was lost in 04.. Maybe something happened and he had been wandering around like that for some time?? There is really no telling how long he has been with out his memory since well,he really can not remember.. Sounds like he is remembering things more from some years ago so could that be possible?? Maybe his family has thought him deceased for some years now?

OOps sorry.. Will they move it over there then?? I sat here the other night for hours looking for possibles as well as looking at those being compared. There are so many different threads,I got lost. :) I am thinking that even though he was found in 04,does not mean he was lost in 04.. Maybe something happened and he had been wandering around like that for some time?? There is really no telling how long he has been with out his memory since well,he really can not remember.. Sounds like he is remembering things more from some years ago so could that be possible?? Maybe his family has thought him deceased for some years now?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Joseph Maples: He would be 55 now.
IMO: CON:
His nose is not as thin as BK's. But BK could have had facial injuries from being beaten, Aug. 31, 2008.
His eyebrows do not appear to be the same.
His earlobes: the bottom area appears a different shape than BK's.
Info does not say what his occupation was. ?

PRO: Height okay. Weight. Low, but could have put on weight.
Father is dead. Mother is dead. Sister is dead.
>No disrespect intended. I say this is pro because of BK seemingly having no relative who may recognize him.<
Friends speculated he may have left because of bad memories.

... Joseph Maples was supposedly boarding a plane to Texas. LE checked flights to Texas? ?

Does anyone know if it is possible to contact state board funeral directors? I'm thinking they should have an idea how many and possibly names of "death certificates issued without a body". If not, I would think the states' coroner's office would know this?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Joseph Maples: He would be 55 now.
IMO: CON:
His nose is not as thin as BK's. But BK could have had facial injuries from being beaten, Aug. 31, 2008.
His eyebrows do not appear to be the same.
His earlobes: the bottom area appears a different shape than BK's.
Info does not say what his occupation was. ?

PRO: Height okay. Weight. Low, but could have put on weight.
Father is dead. Mother is dead. Sister is dead.
>No disrespect intended. I say this is pro because of BK seemingly having no relative who may recognize him.<
Friends speculated he may have left because of bad memories.

... Joseph Maples was supposedly boarding a plane to Texas. LE checked flights to Texas? ?
=================================================
*quoting myself* not quite the thing to do.
Joseph M Maples: Missing persons poster says he worked as a real estate agent. Friends think he would have stayed in touch. It seems he did board the plane to Texas. It is not quite clear on that, but I think it reads like that. His name does not come up in the SSA death index.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/maples_joseph.html

I don't know if this question has been asked or not. If we have someone who lives in or around Richmond Hill or Savannah, would it be possible to get flyers to the nursing homes in the area and ask them to post it for the patients to see, dining area, entertainment area, etc. and also talk to the nurses, cna's, etc and ask them to talk to the patients about BK. I still believe it is a possilbe he went there to get someone out due to another hurricane coming. Alot of these nursing homes have fax machines, this is another way, but may not work as well as talking to someone about it, unless you send with a letter of explanation along with the flyer.

snipped for space

Unless he was a bachelor who either had early retirement, or was in the process of exploring relocating. He could have told someone of his plans and when they did not hear back from him chalked it up to him finding whereever he was going. I find it hard to believe he was not in some kind of transition point in his life at the time.

I'm inclined to think along this line myself. Otherwise, I tend to spin myself into 'confuzzlement' with the other route.

Mr. Kyle's Y-DNA has been submitted-it was paid for by someone who is very interested in seeing this mystery solved. It was submitted to the largest database currently in existence, so while it is a long shot, it has been done. If I hear any more about it, I will let you all know!!

Mr. Kyle's Y-DNA has been submitted-it was paid for by someone who is very interested in seeing this mystery solved. It was submitted to the largest database currently in existence, so while it is a long shot, it has been done. If I hear any more about it, I will let you all know!!

Yaay!!! :woohoo: God bless that person for paying for it!! Thank you! :clap:

Thanks for letting us know, believe! :blowkiss: Very exciting news!

----------
-------------------------------------------------------------
Such good news!
Does the lab run the Y-DNA through their database or all the databases?

I am so glad about this, I was becoming frustrated with the lack of feedback from BK.

----------
-------------------------------------------------------------
Such good news!
Does the lab run the Y-DNA through their database or all the databases?

I am so glad about this, I was becoming frustrated with the lack of feedback from BK.

Y dna databases are individual ones, but I believe they can be linked through project...for example, let's say there was a big genealogical study being done on the Smith family....characteristics, migration etc...there is a call out for anyone with the last name of Smith to submit their DNA for the study/project so that paternal lineage can be tracked and all...those are run through certain databases I believe. I will find out for sure. In the case of BK, they handle him as if he were adopted-so his comparison has a broader range.

I won't speak for BK regarding what might seem like his lack of participation, but he has been through some very intense scrutiny etc again once the Dr. Phil Show kicked off-I would imagine that with an event like that there has to be intense hope and then some pretty significant let down if it fails to turn up an answer.

We will energize him simply by continuing to soldier on...:blowkiss:

Benjaman, do not give up hope. You have to believe, to receive. No matter what....I for one, will not stop helping you and sure many on this board feel the same. I didn't know about your case until I saw Dr. Phil. And I am not a Phil fan. Just so happens, I saw the commerical of the story, and made sure to watch. As a matter of fact, the only TV I watch is Ellen, Y & R , Dancing with the Stars and local news. I like Nancy, but the kids tend to hog the TV in the living room.(I just don't understand this, they have there own tv)lol, anyways, I will send out 5000 emails, if I have too. I believe this is a wonderful avenue. I am like a few on this board, I adopted you into my family, and tell everyone about you. Word of mouth, or email, does take some time.

Benjaman, I wanted to say this also, I believe in my heart, FBI man is so overwhelmed with phone calls about you, that it takes time to weed out the good. Someone mentioned earlier on the board about setting up some other type of avenue for people to call or email, I believe this is a wonderful idea. I'll volunteer, just say the word.

Benjaman, I wanted to say this also, I believe in my heart, FBI man is so overwhelmed with phone calls about you, that it takes time to weed out the good. Someone mentioned earlier on the board about setting up some other type of avenue for people to call or email, I believe this is a wonderful idea. I'll volunteer, just say the word.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

carolwood:
What about getting Crimestoppers involved? They have 800 numbers. They can be anonymous. The number could be the Savannah, GA number.
I guess it would take involvement of Savannah, Ga police department, linking the beating and subsuquent amnesia of BK as the crime.
-

http://www.savannahga.gov/cityweb/s...387b30b0ea5ccf1085256ae10057d7f6?OpenDocument

http://www.ci.savannah.ga.us/cityweb/crimetips.nsf/

http://www.savannahga.gov/cityweb/S...4df74ccc7e423752852572970065515d?OpenDocument

What do you think? Do you want to take it on?
If not, I can.

Y dna databases are individual ones, but I believe they can be linked through project...for example, let's say there was a big genealogical study being done on the Smith family....characteristics, migration etc...there is a call out for anyone with the last name of Smith to submit their DNA for the study/project so that paternal lineage can be tracked and all...those are run through certain databases I believe. I will find out for sure. In the case of BK, they handle him as if he were adopted-so his comparison has a broader range.

I won't speak for BK regarding what might seem like his lack of participation, but he has been through some very intense scrutiny etc again once the Dr. Phil Show kicked off-I would imagine that with an event like that there has to be intense hope and then some pretty significant let down if it fails to turn up an answer.

We will energize him simply by continuing to soldier on...:blowkiss:

BK: Well, I am sure he has ups and downs, wondering if anything will ever open up for him.

Why don't I start a thread, that has questions for BK? I could cull the questions from all the ones posted and BK could answer them at his leisure.
I don't think the thread should be open ended with everyone peppering him with questions.
Maybe open the thread with succinct questions. Then, BK can sign on anytime and answer the questions.
Maybe the thread should be done by a moderator.
What does everyone think?

Question about the Y-DNA.
Will it be ran through the CODIS network? Through the military, police?
If so, it could link him to a brother or cousin or whomever.

Question about the Y-DNA.
Will it be ran through the CODIS network? Through the military, police?
If so, it could link him to a brother or cousin or whomever.

BK's DNA is in CODIS already as well as MtDNA databases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopyxxoo31