UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see how that is possible. When you are married arent your credit histories linked? If you file Bankruptcy I know that it goes straight to the credit Bureaus. Also legally, dont you have to declare that you are married when you file Bankruptcy? I'm sure they can find out. It's not that hard.

She would not have to know or file if the debt was not "joint" debt. (Depending on this state's particular laws, which I don't know.) Since all credit was in his name only, he could file without her knowing. As far as the mortgage, he could have intercepted any mail that would have come in her name to inform her of the filing. The mail is clearly marked, so he would know it was from the U.S. Bankruptcy Court or mortgage company.

I just know he hated that she was working. And I bet her job made her think she really could leave him and make it on her own okay.

She left her journal at work because I bet she didn't want him to ever find it and read it... which is so telling to me!

I really am so sick of this Josh Powell! If he were innocent he would be crawling on his knees with a magnifying glass trying to find his wife. What a lying sack o' !

I find it interesting that JP mentions going to test the new generator as a reason for camping.

"Peterson said Josh told him they went camping to test a new generator and make s'mores. " http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8986844

He leaves earlier in the evening to take the boys sledding. . .could he have left the generator running in the house. . .comes back and finds something went wrong, panics. . .and has to dispose of the body?

"Wet spot" spilled gasoline from filling the generator?

Portable Generator Hazards
"Portable generators are useful when temporary or remote electric power is needed, but they also can be hazardous. The primary hazards to avoid when using a generator are carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning from the toxic engine exhaust, electric shock or electrocution, fire and burns.

Every year, people die in incidents related to portable generator use. Most of the incidents associated with portable generators reported to CPSC involve CO poisoning from generators used indoors or in partially-enclosed spaces. "

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/pubs/portgen.html

You may be on to something. That whole "kernel of truth" in the lie type of thing. The wet spot could have been gas or any kind of cleanup from the generator being there. Good catch!

Could he have given her something to sleep, left with the kids from sledding while it was on...and came back for cleanup and disposal?

Bankruptcy Laws For Chapter 7 In Utah

Yup, you can keep your home in Utah.

Chapter 7 is the most common form of bankruptcy and goes by the common names of Fresh Start, Total Bankruptcy or Liquidation Bankruptcy. It usually takes about 3 1/2 months from beginning (the filing date) to forgiveness of debt (entry of the Notice of Discharge).

Forgiveness of Debt. In a Chapter 7 you are usually forgiven certain kinds of debts like credit cards, signature loans, medical debts, and auto repossession debts, even if you have been taken to court and had a judgment entered against you. Some debts are not forgiven in a Chapter 7. These include student loans, some taxes, child support, alimony, criminal restitution, fraud, motor vehicle accidents caused by drugs or alcohol, and a few others.

Exempt Property. In return for this forgiveness of debt, you agree to keep only certain property (your "exempt" property), turning the rest of what you own (your "non-exempt property) over to your creditors. One of the most important items you can keep is your homestead. That means your house or mobile home and a certain amount of land. Of course, if you still owe money on your homestead, you must continue to make the mortgage payments - you don't get a free house. Utah state law provides a limited list of exemptions (things you are allowed to keep), but here are some of the more common ones, again, property you are allowed to keep:

Up to $2,500 worth of an automobile beyond what is owed on it (but keep up the car payments).

Your washer, dryer, microwave, stove, refrigerator, freezer, sewing machine, carpets in use, beds and bedding, family clothing, and 12 months of provisions, as long as these items are not subject to a lien securing payment of a debt.

$1,500 worth of other household goods. That may not sound like much but we value everything at what it would bring at auction and not what it costs brand new.

Your 401(k) plan, IRA, KEOUGH or other ERISA qualified plan.

Any money you earn after you file your bankruptcy case.

http://www.utahbklaw.com/chapter_7_or_13.htm

I think Josh may have intentionally ran the generator in the house to gas Susan if she was in a drug induced sleep. That would certainly explain the three hours of sledding. It would explain the wet spot. And it would explain why he wove the generator into the camping story. Lots to think about.

I wonder where Utah ranks in Ambien use? Funny thing about Ambien, it's a controlled release medication.The first layer, when used correctly, enters the system in about 15-30 minutes. If it's crushed (...and cooked into perhaps, a pancake)or chewed, it would enter the system like a rush. If one is not accustomed to using it, perhaps it could cause them to wake up suddenly and cause them serious disorientation. Possibly even vomiting.

Just thought I'd toss that out there.

http://www.ambiencr.com/

Is Ambien the same as Zopiclone? Itake it forsleep,if I use morethan one, I lose the evening,can be doing things with no awareness. Also,crushed into food it would cause a hideous taste in the mouth, really bitter-enough to make you sick.
I have no probs with Jovanna and the tangled yarn, thats what fibre friends are for and I have many of all ages.

This story is upsetting me,more than the Peter Tobin case in the UK.
I so want this vibrant young mum to be found, and I wish that her children are not with their father without close supervision.
Praying that she will be found and that justice will prevail:furious:

Patty, so as long as you are not behind in payments or in a foreclosure status at the time of a BK filing, you should be able to keep your house.

Thanks . It would make sense that Susan probably did know about the bk.

I think Josh may have intentionally ran the generator in the house to gas Susan if she was in a drug induced sleep. That would certainly explain the three hours of sledding. It would explain the wet spot. And it would explain why he wove the generator into the camping story. Lots to think about.

I don't think so. We have a gas generator and it's as loud as as riding lawn mower. I can hardly stand to have it running outside as you can't even hear the tv. Really, the neighbors would have heard it if that were the case.

Patty, so as long as you are not behind in payments or in a foreclosure status at the time of a BK filing, you should be able to keep your house.

Thanks . It would make sense that Susan probably did know about the bk.

Yup, I know that. I just posted the info as someone asked "if they can keep their house."

I'm not suggesting that this is the case here, but when we bought our first home as a married couple, my husband qualified as a first-time homebuyer but I didn't. The lender was able to get us a better interest rate by putting only DH on the loan, but we were both listed on the deed to the house.

The reason I don't think that is the case here is because the Powell's seemingly got a lousy interest rate.

Pardon my giddiness, but I feel like we just got an Anthony Doc Dump!

We now know that Susan is joint owner of the house.

I don't think so. We have a gas generator and it's as loud as as riding lawn mower. I can hardly stand to have it running outside as you can't even hear the tv. Really, the neighbors would have heard it if that were the case.

I was thinking the same thing. My neighbor has one and they are extremely loud! I'm not sure how close the neighbors houses are but they would hear it if it was running for 3+ hours IMO

I kinda thought about that too, however it really depends on the size of the generator.

One like this one:
Honeywell HW1000i Portable Inverter Generator (50 State Model)
$399
Added features are power indicator light, AC and DC overload protection, clean sine wave. Bonus accessories: Oil fill canister, oil drain tube and tool kit (spark plug socket and reversible Phillips and slotted screwdriver), 1 liter, 10W30 oil, funnel, 12V cord. Sound rating: 58dB (7m). http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=generators+portable&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=16002628458528970303&ei=u34qS5-iE8X_nAff_OXxCA&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CCUQ8wIwAw#ps-sellers

58 decibels are comparable to a normal conversation. http://www2.northerntool.com/generator-buyers-guide.htm

If his plan was to kill her by carbon monoxide poisoning (generator). Why the crazy cover up?

And the mortgage payment was $1300? How did they even eat? Oh wait, the Sam's Club credit card.

As I go through the documents, particularly Document 2, page 16, it shows income as $4500.00, with a additional info in #17.

The problem is not seeing all the documents to see how it went from $4500.00 to $1022.00. Although the documents may be there and I haven't seen them yet. :crazy:

See attachment

Attachments

• Josh Income.JPG
    Josh Income.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 8
If his plan was to kill her by carbon monoxide poisoning (generator). Why the crazy cover up?

IDK the reason for the crazy coverup, LadyBug99. I have the feeling it will be a long time before we have any definitive answers.

I still think Josh drugged Susan and from there, I just do not know.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members