LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next camera we are aware of is between Brashear and Calder. That's where the photograph of the Olds 88 was taken.

Thank you. Did the white truck go past the next camera on Landry? If it didn't, then it had to have hit Mickey right there before the camera, or it turned onto Brashear as well. If it was NOT purposely following Mickey, then that white truck likely lives within that 4 block square in that area.

I have seen people theorizing that Mickey turned left on Brashear.

Maybe the truck did too... and that's when a drunk-driving collision could have happened. Drunk driver takes wide left at speed (folks drive waaay too fast around here or waaay to slow - not much in the middle) - wide enough to the right to run her down if she hadn't gotten too far down Brashear.

It's less likely a drunk driver hit her on a straightaway - during a turn? Much more likely.

Here's a comparison of the truck in question with 2009-2011 Chevrolet/Chevy Silverado Z71's.

http://i.imgur.com/0K2OJ.png

I feel as if the tail lights are higher up in the back on the perp's truck..no?

They started making the tail lights lower in Chevy/Chevrolet Z71 Silverados in 2007 or so (based on a google image search for each year ex: 2007 chevy z71, etc.) but earlier models pre 2007 had them higher up. Others indicate it may be a GMC z71 or perhaps an earlier Chevy z71 before they made the taillights lower.[/quote
The front looks like a Dodge truck! I keep saying that on the last thread but I don't know if anyone is there anymore. Does anyone else agree?

OT, but why are we keeping the threads so short? Many threads here go much longer? Just wondering.

And someone correct me if I'm wrong but it's been forever since I've driven 1-10 or 90...but is the Whiskey Bay exit east or west of 1-10. So what I'm asking is do you think the person who dumped the bike was going towards Texas or Mississippi?

There are a LOT of white truck fleets in various parts of the country. In northeast PA & the southern tier of NY, the frackers use them exclusively. There are literally hundreds of them on the roads. Corporate vehicles.

I know Waste Management has issued white full sized pick ups to upper management, as well.

Because a lot of them are fleet vehicles, it should be simpler to pick one out that has any level of customization.

Sheesh, they're everywhere! I think the feds (FEMA and other .govs) use them as well. They'll never find this damn truck.

Thank you. Did the white truck go past the next camera on Landry? If it didn't, then it had to have hit Mickey right there before the camera, or it turned onto Brashear as well. If it was NOT purposely following Mickey, then that white truck likely lives within that 4 block square in that area.

We aren't aware of that truck being captured on any subsequent footage.

Ok so what's up with this there it was and now it's gone posting by NOTLAW showing a text box with scuttlebutt about someone knowing who did it?

ETA: I know I'm not seeing things because I saved it.

They haven't said that the white truck was seen further down, but I agree with your logic.

Hello Everyone,
(I am re-posting this from the last closed thread.)

I have been reading everyone's post on here and trying to catch up on everything but this is my first post. There were only 2 white trucks. One with a bed cover and one without. The white truck with the bed cover which is not the one in the photo by Circle K appeared to be a mid size truck. It looks like a Colorado to me. This truck has been ruled out. The other white truck which is the Z-71 was the one by Circle K. There are 2 photos of this same truck which was both caught on camera by the Circle K. In one photo it was heading in the same direction as M. and in the other photo he was heading back towards the Circle K. I'm not sure how to do attachments but if it worked, this is the same truck in these photos.

And I'm reposting my response. Also, BBM.

NO.

Those are two different trucks. That's what we've been trying to explain, that the other photo of the truck that is not in front of the Circle K is the same as the one in the second pic you reference. That truck has been ruled out. It's the one going in the same direction as MS that is still a VOI.

Hello Everyone,

I have been reading everyone's post on here and trying to catch up on everything but this is my first post. There were only 2 white trucks. One with a bed cover and one without. The white truck with the bed cover which is not the one in the photo by Circle K appeared to be a mid size truck. It looks like a Colorado to me. This truck has been ruled out. The other white truck which is the Z-71 was the one by Circle K. There are 2 photos of this same truck which was both caught on camera by the Circle K. In one photo it was heading in the same direction as M. and in the other photo he was heading back towards the Circle K. I'm not sure how to do attachments but if it worked, this is the same truck in these photos.

About the bed cover (or lack thereof) ...

Vv2hI.png

Brashear is the only street before the next camera. And it would've take about 20 seconds for her to reach one camera to the next. Not enough time for something to happen IMO, so she must've gone down Brashear

She could only make a left on to Brashear, right? So she would have to cross traffic. ??

Hello Everyone,

No.....no more

I checked white trucks for sale on craigslist, Lafayette- posted since the 19th. There are a few, but I'm not enough of a truck person to know at a glance what I'm looking for w/o a photo in the ad.

Ok first post. I own a couple of Z71s, and no they aren't white, and they are in Hsv. Al. I can say with 110% certainty that the truck behind this young lady is a 2007 and up Chevy Sliverado Z71 4x4. Mine have identical wheels, if LE has tire tracks those wheel are 18inch alloys and come with Bridgestone Dueler tires. It is not a GMC, the Sierras have different wheels, also the grill and headlights are different. This is my first post and when I figure out how to post or link pics I will try and put them side by side.

*Waves to Everyone*

Ok so what's up with this there it was and now it's gone posting by NOTLAW showing a text box with scuttlebutt about someone knowing who did it?

Just a rumor, 3rd or 4th hand. Who knows... Interesting, but taken down now after realizing it probably shouldn't be spread.

Someone must have reported it as inappropriate. :( It was interesting, though. Hope it was reported to LE

Happens all the time in these cases, it seems people enjoy the game. This is no game, this is about a beautiful missing girl. Take that message with a grain of salt, until LE releases something.

OT, but why are we keeping the threads so short? Many threads here go much longer? Just wondering.
Because the goal of a gazillion threads is within our reach in our lifetimes!

Sorry, my head exploded toward the last of thread #12.

It is a decision taken on my part as a matter of easier organization and assimilation of the myriad ideas put forth by many posters to keep threads in the 500-600 post range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23