UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing Jovanna on the JVM video, I can't help but have more questions.

Is she really 48 yrs. old? She looks more like friends of mine who are closer to 78 yrs. Perhaps she is aged beyond her yrs. like Misty Croslin's Mom?

As the last person to see Susan alive, her presence there on Sunday afternoon
becomes very interesting to me and I would like to know a lot more about her.

I know, it's weird, she looks way old for her age and Josh looks really young. But they are only ten years apart. I keep waiting for someone to post that she's really older.

this company was listed as what they were in debt to as well
http://www.usjaclean.com/
I was curious as to what it was and it is strange! Did they open up a card to this store and just never pay their bill?

perhaps LE asked her not to reveal what was said in the phone conversation?

perhaps your right, but the attention seeking critters that come out the wood work during these cases amazes me. Everyone seems to want to have their opinion out there in the public eye. Then again, I have no faith in humanity. I am leary of everyone!!!

I cant wait for the presser at 3pm!

I know, it's weird, she looks way old for her age and Josh looks really young. But they are only ten years apart. I keep waiting for someone to post that she's really older.
I think it is the teeth.. ITA she looks much older than her reported age..

PattyG, I am not a pro at understanding those documents but I did read them all and Susan was not listed on the house. She was only listed one time as a codebtor and her job was listed as homemaker

Thank you. Very interesting that Susan is not co-owner of the home even as a homemaker.

That's what I've been trying to track down - it appears to be a collection agency in Salt Lake City, which means it was probably owed to someone else but the collection agency bought the debt. So the nature of the original debt is somewhat obscured.

I'd imagine the collection efforts on that are what caused his petition, as nothing else looks pressing. A lot of credit card debt and $3K borrowed from her parents, and his income trend didn't look very good.

It's odd when a married person declares BK and the spouse does not - usually the finances are so entwined they both have to declare, otherwise the debtors are free to go after the other spouse.

The spouse thing is puzzling, the only time I've seen only one spouse allowed on a Chapter 7 is if there is a divorce and the other spouse was released from responsibility. I think a Chapter 13 might be allowed because the debts will be repaid.

Did Susan even know he filed bankruptcy?? I didn't see her signature anywhere.

A 91K unsecured debt sounds like medical to me. It's the only thing I can think of that would rack up quickly and not be secured by anything but your signature. And it would have to be for Josh only, because Susan or the son would cause Susan to have to be listed on that debt.

I dont see how that is possible. When you are married arent your credit histories linked? If you file Bankruptcy I know that it goes straight to the credit Bureaus. Also legally, dont you have to declare that you are married when you file Bankruptcy? I'm sure they can find out. It's not that hard.

Thank you. Very interesting that Susan is not co-owner of the home even as a homemaker.

That sounds like the sign of a control freak....I was married to one, and working -- yet nothing was in my name even tho he came to where I worked to pick up my paycheck & put it in *his* checking account.

Interesting. Don't spouses usually have to sign off on what the other spouse does? I know to borrow on my pension my husband had to sign a release. And I've seen cases where life insurance was taken out on a spouse and their signature was forged.

I find it interesting that JP mentions going to test the new generator as a reason for camping.

"Peterson said Josh told him they went camping to test a new generator and make s'mores. " http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8986844

He leaves earlier in the evening to take the boys sledding. . .could he have left the generator running in the house. . .comes back and finds something went wrong, panics. . .and has to dispose of the body?

"Wet spot" spilled gasoline from filling the generator?

Portable Generator Hazards
"Portable generators are useful when temporary or remote electric power is needed, but they also can be hazardous. The primary hazards to avoid when using a generator are carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning from the toxic engine exhaust, electric shock or electrocution, fire and burns.

Every year, people die in incidents related to portable generator use. Most of the incidents associated with portable generators reported to CPSC involve CO poisoning from generators used indoors or in partially-enclosed spaces. "

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/pubs/portgen.html

(BBM)
Cause, ya know, nothing says "Father of the Year Award" like s'mores at 2 am in sub-freezing (or was it sub-zero) temperatures...

I see on Page 3 of Document #2, a J as in "joint ownership" on the house.

Attachments

• Josh Own Joint.jpg
    Josh Own Joint.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 13
oh my!! thanks for seeing that PattyG!!! SusiQ or anyone else who knows much about this stuff...:

what does this mean???

oh my!! thanks for seeing that PattyG!!! SusiQ or anyone else who knows much about this stuff...:

what does this mean???

I'm trying to figure out how he got out of 150K in unsecured debts by filing chapter 7 and was able to keep his house? :waitasec:

Those debtors must have been thrilled because you can't collect ever on a discharged debt.

I'm a few pages behind, but has anyone looked to see if Susan did in fact file for divorce?

Salem

the 54k had to be HIS college debt than... and all the credit card debt he was the only one listed too.

Controling... an understatement.

I want to know when/where she went to school to become a stock broker... and it must have really been hard for him with her being the bread winner. I bet he HATED IT. I think we may be onto something here...

I'm not suggesting that this is the case here, but when we bought our first home as a married couple, my husband qualified as a first-time homebuyer but I didn't. The lender was able to get us a better interest rate by putting only DH on the loan, but we were both listed on the deed to the house.

The reason I don't think that is the case here is because the Powell's seemingly got a lousy interest rate.

Pardon my giddiness, but I feel like we just got an Anthony Doc Dump!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member