Was Josh Seen Buying A LARGE Amount of Shrink Wrap?

I keep thinking it's more possible he was using a wrap or film that sticks to itself well. I'm having a bit of a problem seeing how one could wrap something like a body and then heat the wrap. (I don't think he has industrial packing/heating supplies. That would leave a blow dryer or similar object--and I think it's way too small for this kind of job.) It's too awkward to me. On the other hand, with multiple wraps of firmly applied film support--rolling technique-- even heavy items could be pretty well supported. . J is Mr. Camper, I'm wondering if, once wrapped, he could then maneuverer the wrapped (gosh I hate to think of this) body into something like a tent bag. (Would hide it and support it.) Feel certain LE has looked carefully through his "camping" supplies. Would love to know what, if anything, is missing.

Shrink wrap doesn't need to be shrunk. . . Does that make sense?

It's just plastic. I doubt if he actually used it as shrink wrap.

If this is true he used it just for wrapping purposes. IMO

Hmmm. Lots of guessing with this. This package he bought could be large because it's a lot of the material on an 18" tube, or large because it's the 36" or 72" width.

If he was going to set things on snow and wanted to keep them dry, or protect items in weather, it would store compactly and serve various purposes. It can be as thin as saran wrap or as thick as a tarp, and the shrink can come from stretching or from heat.

What would be good to know is how much is left on the wrap.

Of course he will say it was for something innocent but what would that be?

I think this is a very well thought out plan on his part.

Even if the shrink wrap was not used in Susan's disappearance he would still have to explain why he bought it. If he said because he was moving that won't work. He bought it before Susan went missing. Before he thought about moving.

I use shrink wrap to plastic my window in the winter. What I get comes in a kit.

I keep thinking it's more possible he was using a wrap or film that sticks to itself well. I'm having a bit of a problem seeing how one could wrap something like a body and then heat the wrap. (I don't think he has industrial packing/heating supplies. That would leave a blow dryer or similar object--and I think it's way too small for this kind of job.) It's too awkward to me. On the other hand, with multiple wraps of firmly applied film support--rolling technique-- even heavy items could be pretty well supported. . J is Mr. Camper, I'm wondering if, once wrapped, he could then maneuverer the wrapped (gosh I hate to think of this) body into something like a tent bag. (Would hide it and support it.) Feel certain LE has looked carefully through his "camping" supplies. Would love to know what, if anything, is missing.

A blow dryer does the job very well for my windows, and it's quick.

This is good news. It could mean that Susan is perfectly preserved and Josh's prints could be all over it. What an idiot!

My dh uses shrink wrap & tubing at work and they use FIRE to shrink it (heat gun, torch, lighter, weed burner, anything they can get their hands on) so in theory, he could have gotten the red hands from trying to shrink the "package" with fire.

Y'know, leftover s'mores don't make such a mess if you wrap them in plastic.
Hope that helps

Those must be some HUGE s'mores to need an oversized roll of saran wrap LOL!

Wouldn't his former place of employment have a handy supply of shrink wrap for shipping?
no point, just thinkin..

My dh uses shrink wrap & tubing at work and they use FIRE to shrink it (heat gun, torch, lighter, weed burner, anything they can get their hands on) so in theory, he could have gotten the red hands from trying to shrink the "package" with fire.

Those must be some HUGE s'mores to need an oversized roll of saran wrap LOL!

It was reported JP purchased a cutting torch shortly before Susan disappeared. I just don't understand how using a torch would cause both hands to burn as it doesn't take both to hold a torch. One would think he would have one hand in his pocket if he didn't have gloves and was outside in subfreezing temperatures when using it, either to shrink the plastic wrap or cut up open a grate to an abandoned, shut up mine. Unfortunately, we can't ask Tim Peterson if both JP's hands were equally wind burnt or if both sides of his hands were red. Also, the red hands appeared after he rented the car.

One would think he would have used a hair drier if he needed heat to shrink the wrap and was inside the house.

I still wonder if he really brought a generator with him or if he just said that. Or, was the "I needed to test it out" an excuse he came up with, upon returning to a large crowd of curious people, to explain why he had it in the back of his van. Unless he needed it to plug the hair drier into! (That would seem a bit far fetched if you ask me ............ because I would think, like I pointed out, the shrinking would have been done at home!)

Unless he didn't want to use the shrink wrap at home because he wanted out of there ASAP?

This is all so puzzling!

We use stretch wrap at work at work - and just looking at it, ya wouldn't know the difference between stretch & shrink wrap.

It's very strong--we can put, for example, monitors (heavy CRTs or LCDs) or computers on bread racks, then wrap it all around with the stretch wrap prior to shipping...doesn't require a heat gun....we also can wrap up hundreds of pounds of computers on pallets w/ it.

It's quick and easy to use....I know we buy it locally, just not sure where but I can find out if need be.

Stretch wrap is generally used to hold boxes on a pallet for transport. Stretch wrap is pulled around the load and stretched. The plastic has a memory and wants to return to its original size. This "elastic band effect" holds the load tight.

http://www.allstarsupply.com/stretchwrap101.htm

Hi All,

One of my sources just told me that Josh was spotted buying a very large amount of shrink wrap a few days before Susan went missing.

I have a huge role of shrink wrap. It's just plain plastic and I think if you heat it it will shrink. I think.

I use it to wrap Websleuths t-shirts in and such but I don't ever heat it.

Think a huge role of Saran Wrap.

One thing we need to remember is the person who said they saw Josh buying the wrap could be mistaken.

We can't take this as gospel unless it is confirmed by the police.

Shrink wrap is that stuff that's used to wrap stacked boxes on pallets in warehouses before they are stacked in trucks for shipping. Movers also use it also and wrap it around your couches and chairs to keep them clean while in the moving van. You don't need heat for it to work (but I know the stuff your talking about - its different).

When you use the shrink wrap to wrap the pallet, furniture or whatever your shrinkwrapping, you pull it taught as you use it, sort of 'stretching' it was you use it (walking around the object your shrink wrapping) to snugly cover the item your shrinkwrapping. That and you get dizzy quickly, LOL! I would think it would be quite awkward, even used in modification, to try to shrinkwrap a corpse. Not sayin it can't be done, but certainly not easily.

Perhaps the shrinkwrap was what they were trying to hide from the camera's when he emptied the storage shed out back? But you'd also think the police would confiscate that during their initial search warrant.

What would be good to know is how much is left on the wrap.

Of course he will say it was for something innocent but what would that be?

I think this is a very well thought out plan on his part.

Even if the shrink wrap was not used in Susan's disappearance he would still have to explain why he bought it. If he said because he was moving that won't work. He bought it before Susan went missing. Before he thought about moving.

If Susan's death was premeditated, and if he did indeed purchase shrink wrap, it may have had everything to do with him moving and not so much to use as a way to cover her for disposal. He could have bought it to cover the furniture. Just sayin'. He may not have been bright enough to realise he could use it on her.

Hi All,

One of my sources just told me that Josh was spotted buying a very large amount of shrink wrap a few days before Susan went missing.

I have a huge role of shrink wrap. It's just plain plastic and I think if you heat it it will shrink. I think.

I use it to wrap Websleuths t-shirts in and such but I don't ever heat it.

Think a huge role of Saran Wrap.

One thing we need to remember is the person who said they saw Josh buying the wrap could be mistaken.

We can't take this as gospel unless it is confirmed by the police.

Another thought on this. Perhaps he wanted to move and she didn't want to. If he wanted to move back to Puyallop and she wanted to leave him (but he didn't know that), perhaps that is what the argument was about that night. That or it came out with everything else they were arguing about. He may have planned this (the move) without her knowledge. Again, just a thought. Things then got out of control, there was a struggle and he accidentally killed her. This of course, if a toxicology report shows there was no poison in her system,a nd she did get sick from dinner just for the sake of something non-toxic disagreeing with her.

I really don't think that it was premeditated due to the strange story he told upon his return from the camping trip.

I would think using the shrink wrap in the house.....would have caused microscopic dust from the shrink wrap to float around the entire house which would have been discovered after the forensics were analyzed.

~~~respectfully snipped~~~

I don't either. I think it started as an arguement that went terribly bad.

Someone actually wrote a small book entitled: "The Shrink Wrap Murders...."

I have some small shrink wrap strips to put on small bottles. It is very stiff. Is this other shrink wrap we are talking about stiff ?

~~~respectfully snipped~~~

I don't either. I think it started as an arguement that went terribly bad.

Someone actually wrote a small book entitled: "The Shrink Wrap Murders...."

I have some small shrink wrap strips to put on small bottles. It is very stiff. Is this other shrink wrap we are talking about stiff ?

The shrink wrap I am thinking of is just like Saran Wrap. Hot air is used to fill in the voids and make it adhere to itself.

It was reported JP purchased a cutting torch shortly before Susan disappeared. I just don't understand how using a torch would cause both hands to burn as it doesn't take both to hold a torch. One would think he would have one hand in his pocket if he didn't have gloves and was outside in subfreezing temperatures when using it, either to shrink the plastic wrap or cut up open a grate to an abandoned, shut up mine. Unfortunately, we can't ask Tim Peterson if both JP's hands were equally wind burnt or if both sides of his hands were red. Also, the red hands appeared after he rented the car.
-----ever so gently snipped---------------------------
Wow! News to me. I found only one reference to this but to me it my ears are perked up and I'm wondering why this hasn't been discussed on WS. Or has it? in comments on KSL

Big Dog Mom
2:12pm - Sun Jan 31st, 2010
I'm just hoping she isn't down a mine shaft.

Marc H.
2:20pm - Sun Jan 31st, 2010
@Big Dog Mom - Funny you should mention mine shaft. Susan dissapeared shortly after the nutty putty situation. An aquaintance of mine works at air gas in SLC. Josh purchased a cutting torch on his credit card on the Monday morning he said he was camping. The police have a copy of the receipt and can prove he lied about the camping trip. Josh's friend made note to the media that Josh had wind burned hands on Tuesday. That was not wind burn but torch burn from the cutting torch. Should someone be looking in old sealed off mine shafts for Susan? The cutting torch would have been needed to access the sealed shafts. Josh could be pretty sure these sealed off shafts would not be checked. Ever.

lostinwyoming
5:39pm - Sun Jan 31st, 2010
@Marc H. - meth users use cutting torches to smoke rocks and often have burns on there hands or fingers from holding the pipe.

I do agree it would be a good idea to send an officer or two out to the mines with a cadaver dog.

According to that commenter, police have the receipt for the torch! Did they confiscate it? Did he answer any LE questioning about it? They are soooo onto him, and
the Cox's having to wait, and their patience is heartbreaking, as I see it

Shrink wrap can adhere (melt) to your skin if it gets too hot (dh has done it too many times to count). Maybe the burns were from melted shrink wrap sticking to his hands, not from fire itself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back