WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the autopsy pictures of Lyle was a side view. In it he looked a little Oriental to me. Did anyone else think that? I thought I read somewhere that the eyes sometimes appear blue after death. Could his eyes have been brown?

Could it be the family has identified Lyle and wish to remain private about it? I say this because my great grandmother committed suicide in 1907 and it must have been terrible enough for the family as it was. They must have really felt awful as it was published in the local newspaper. She also hung herself and stabbed her wrists as well. Three people in our city, all of them age 65 committed suicide on the same day. I'm sorry I never got to know her as I was born 40 years later. My Dad didn't even get to know his own grandmother as she died 10 years before he was born. One of her sons said that she was very depressed because her health was deteriorating. She had attempted suicide before. And like Cold Case Man said that a person usually prefers to do it in familiar surroundings, she did it at home when she was alone. How terrible it must have been for her husband to come home from work and find her like that. She was very thin like Lyle. I guess severe depression will take away your appetite. She also must have been very lonely as all of her children had married and left home.

Is it one of DocWho3's photos? I noticed he had what appeared to be some freckle sized dark spots on the side of his face (after I rotated it several times) in one photo.

I'm not sure about who posted the photo. If I can find it again I'll let you know.

I am almost positive Jondalar has been mentioned beforesomewher on a thread here. I recognize the name. I think the mouth is wrong for him. I don't see the Izzet resemblance that much either.

Let's brainstorm. We have a lot of dedicated people on this thread. How can we get his picture out there in the media? There are FB pages already, but what we need is the kind of media attention given to someone like amnesiac Benjamin Kyle. Of course, he is alive and searching for answers, and our guy is just an anonymous suicide. But that man had a mother and a father, perhaps siblings, a wife or a child. Somebody knows him, worked with him, sat beside him in school, deliverd his mail, flirted with him, played Little League ball with him. Somebody out there is missing him. How can we find them???

Brain storming....

Some ideas I have are having a 'Lyle Power hour' every now and then. Everyone post his info on various (acceptable) places online. Besides craigslist, facebook,myspace, i'm at loss where else is a good place or maybe print his info off and send it to various places. News stations, PD's, mental health facilities, drug rehabs, dentist.... If we could get 10 people at least (and I know there's more of you out there willing to help, even you lurkers like me*wink*) we could get his information out there to quite a few people

The thought even crossed my mind that if anyone knows anyone in prison, maybe they could send a flyer there to be passed around lol Maybe Hang flyers in odd places.. Near a Newspaper rack.. Bulletin boards around town.. Shoot show the mail carriers lol..

Its too bad we couldn't compile a list of 'oldy but goody' unidentified victims and convince a talk show do a show on it! That would be great!

I guess I have tons of ideas. I just don't want to be forbidden to 'help' out lol Sometimes me helping gets me in trouble :innocent:

When I posted about the dentist earlier it made me think of to ask this:
If there is any way we could get a hold of a picture of his teeth? With all his dental info?

Brain storming....

Some ideas I have are having a 'Lyle Power hour' every now and then. Everyone post his info on various (acceptable) places online. Besides craigslist, facebook,myspace, i'm at loss where else is a good place or maybe print his info off and send it to various places. News stations, PD's, mental health facilities, drug rehabs, dentist.... If we could get 10 people at least (and I know there's more of you out there willing to help, even you lurkers like me*wink*) we could get his information out there to quite a few people

The thought even crossed my mind that if anyone knows anyone in prison, maybe they could send a flyer there to be passed around lol Maybe Hang flyers in odd places.. Near a Newspaper rack.. Bulletin boards around town.. Shoot show the mail carriers lol..

Its too bad we couldn't compile a list of 'oldy but goody' unidentified victims and convince a talk show do a show on it! That would be great!

I guess I have tons of ideas. I just don't want to be forbidden to 'help' out lol Sometimes me helping gets me in trouble :innocent:

When I posted about the dentist earlier it made me think of to ask this:
If there is any way we could get a hold of a picture of his teeth? With all his dental info?

I had the same idea, and it was to make an "information wanted" poster with his photos and info and post it at school (college, really), but under the condition that it be kept on the information board for the whole year, to get people to see it.

Although I do question the photo part. Only because IMO I don't think the photo's reconstructions look much like him.. but I know they tried to make him more 'life' like but he just looks way different in those reconstructions compared to the autopsy photo's

Although I do question the photo part. Only because IMO I don't think the photo's reconstructions look much like him.. but I know they tried to make him more 'life' like but he just looks way different in those reconstructions compared to the autopsy photo's

If I make the "IW" poster, do you mind me using your computer generated reconstructions? I still have copies of the collage.

If I make the "IW" poster, do you mind me using your computer generated reconstructions? I still have copies of the collage.

Oh I don't mind just please leave a link or send me a copy so I can print it off and i'll send it to various places :) I'll update as I send stuff off, and maybe anyone else who would like to join can too :)

Oh I don't mind just please leave a link or send me a copy so I can print it off and i'll send it to various places :) I'll update as I send stuff off, and maybe anyone else who would like to join can too :)

Thanks! I'm also going to use the reconstructions from DN.

I just finished 99% of the poster on MOW 2007, and it actually looks quite professional IMO. I also included a side note for the viewers to pay close attention to his handwriting, because it's very distinctive.

outofthedark- I can't wait to see it!! Ty for taking the time to put that together!!

foryourwine- I do not believe he's on there, i've searched high and low on that site just incase his information was entered incorrectly. I sent off an email to the investigator listed on his doenetwork page on Sunday. So hopefully something will come of it.

outofthedark- I can't wait to see it!! Ty for taking the time to put that together!!

foryourwine- I do not believe he's on there, i've searched high and low on that site just incase his information was entered incorrectly. I sent off an email to the investigator listed on his doenetwork page on Sunday. So hopefully something will come of it.

I'm unable to upload the poster here because the forum won't accept docx files :banghead:

hmmmmm i'm not too savvy when it comes to computers but maybe there's away to flip it into another type of file?? or maybe an a website that will store it that you can save the link and put on here?

i'll pm you my email addy!

I should finally be able to get the poster attached here

Thanks to babyslims for the document conversion!

Attachments

• INFORMATION WANTED22222 (1).pdf
    48.9 KB · Views: 79
I feel like this is something that would have been covered before, but I haven't been able to find any discussions about it, so I'll bring it up.

What do we know about the Meridian, ID hotel he gave as his address? It would stand to reason that he probably stayed there at some point, possibly right before he showed up in Grays Harbor. Do we know if that has been explored? That seems like it could yield enormously valuable information.

Also, if he did in fact stay at the Meridian hotel before arriving in Grays Harbor, I wonder why he wouldn't have just killed himself there. He must have had some motivation to continue on. Perhaps Meridian was too close to wherever he'd been living before he decided to kill himself.

Okay, so I wanted to run something by you guys, since we are brainstorming. It could be a long shot, but since Lyle has a mysterious "foreigness" to him...do you think that there is a possibility that he could have been a foreign refugee who saught asylum status in the United States? We have thought him to be alot of different nationalities, but a place to start issuing these great posters could be high areas of resettlement in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho? I tried to look for those areas online, but could not find them. If he were to be slavic in nature, maybe he settled in a location with a high population of slavic refugees? This leads to my next question, if you are a missing refugee in this country, is there a database to be reported missing? How are you tracked? His family could be over anywhere, while he ended up here. I am really curious about this. So, if you any of you could provide links or information about this, please post it in the forum or send me a message. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77