17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we had at least a name for this witness or a idea of what she saw? Is it MC? Or would it be the woman from the call where we heard the actual shot fired?

I have no clue Lola. Hopefully we will get a little bit more information from her.

w
The misconception here, is that he doesn't have to have authority to follow someone who is in public, while waiting for LE to show up and investigate.

Where would we be, as a society, if you saw something you thought was suspicious and you don't have a right to keep an eye on the person while the cop you just called is on the way?

Once you have called in a complaint of a suspect it is official police business. If they tell you to stay with your car they mean it or they would not tell you to do so. No one asked GZ to follow, he knew full well he was not suppose to because he set up the NW Program himself. He knew what to do and disregarded the very rules of the program. He knew it was dangerous to follow someone he had already decided was a suspect. Whatever was his motivation???? His car was parked in front of a home that faced the street with a house number on it but he ignored LE's request to return to his car and kept walking to the next street (according to his Dad).

LE can't do their job with people who take it upon themselves to interfer. And once that call is placed it is official police business your obligation ends. All LE did was ask if he wanted to meet the cruiser and where would he be. He never said I'm planning on continued to follow this dude. He owed LE the consideration as a private citizen to do as they had asked him to do. Go back to your car, you don't need to follow, we have a car on the way, please meet us at the mailboxes, etc. on and on. It's all pretty clear.

If everyone decided to take matter into their own hands it would be a lawless society. Two things that put LE at a disadvantage. GZ did not tell them he fully intended to keep following TM and that he was armed with a gun. Two very important facts that LE should have been aware of.

Once you call it in to LE, let them do their job, please. GZ owed TM that consideration. Now TM is dead and it did not have to turn out that way. jmo

I don't know that the editing of the tape should have warranted firing of a person from his job. Hope GZ knows how far reaching his actions have been!

Their job is to report the news not create it.

w

Once you have called in a complaint of a suspect it is official police business. If they tell you to stay with your car they mean it or they would not tell you to do so. No one asked GZ to follow, he knew full well he was not suppose to because he set up the NW Program himself. He knew what to do and disregarded the very rules of the program. He knew it was dangerous to follow someone he had already decided was a suspect. What ever was his motivation???? His car was parked in front of a home that faced the street with a house number on it but he ignored LE's request to return to his car and kept walking to the next street (according to his Dad).

LE can't do their job with people who take it upon themselves to interfer. And once that call is place it is official police business your obligation ends. All LE did was ask if he wanted to meet the cruiser and where would he be. He never said I'm planning on continued to follow this dude. He owed LE the consideration as a private citizen to do as they had asked him to do. Go back to your car, you don't need to follow, we have a car on the way, please meet us at the mailboxes, etc. on and on. It's all pretty clear.

If everyone decided to take matter into their own hands it would be would have a lawless society.

Once you call it in to LE, let them do their job, please. GZ owed TM that consideration. Now TM is dead and it did not have to turn out that way. jmo

BBM...

This is how I see it to LambChop.

I sort of have a different take on it JennaT - don't you think it's possible this editor is just the fall guy? It would be hard to believe a conglomerate as big as NBC doesn't have a check and balance system. Firing this guy is showing they took a stand, problem solved - probably a nice severance package. He'll be editing at FOX News next week. JMO :):moo::twocents:

I doubt, having edited that tape in a way that shows a clear bias toward Trayvon, he will ever get an interview at FOX. ;D

But yes, maybe he was a fall guy in a large group of employees who all were working to taint the truth. Telling only one side of a story is something that's common at this point in the media, and we've grown to expect and predict one sided MSM - God rest Walter Chronkite's soul - but to actually change an audio tape of a recorded phone call to make the caller appear racist is beyond that practice of only telling one side.

And truthfully, depending on what market you're listening to, you need to be aware of their bias so you can filter that way. That's just reality. But to actually present a doctored audio tape is so disrespectful of their viewers.

Nobody in this, on either side, wants to be lied to or given evidence that has been altered. We all want the truth.

*tap tap* There. Off my soap box now. ;D

By that token TM had an incident in which he had jewlery that wasn't his and a burglary tool...yet that is clearly disregarded when it is relevant to whether he may have been casing homes. That's considered "bashing" though. TM had a criminal background as well, but with no convictions.

The question would be if TM had those items on him at the time of the shooting. The answer is no, he didn't. It's irrelevant to the issue at hand.

How would GZ have done that if TM attacked him from behind, knocked him down and was banging his head against the cement while pinning him to the ground? You can't clip a gun to your pants if it's under your shirt. You would want it under your jacket but not under your shirt. An unclipped gun would fall down through his pants and he would have lost it half way down the sidewalk. My husband had a clip on his holster to clip to a belt. GZ had no belt so it would have to be clipped to his pants, IMO. jmo

I was jumping off of your post where you said...
"IMO the gun was tucked into his waistband between his shirt and his pants".

I guess I thought you meant that his shirt was tucked over the gun and into his pants.

Bumping this reminder.

Seems that many here would like to know if GZ had been drinking that night.

Also seems that many here would like to know if TM had done anything other than walk straight to the store and back that night.

AFAICT, we have insufficient evidence at this time to prove anything conclusive about either of these questions.

Until we do, let's move the discussion on to more productive lines of sleuthing.

This post lands at random, and :tyou:

Witness was just interviewed on CNN -- says she was on the phone with 911 when shot went off and held phone up to screen. Says she was certain GZ was on top and entire altercation was at least 4 feet away from concrete. Her attorney says SA investigators did not do a very complete interview -- only 15 minutes. This witness had been interviewed before but this was more complete.

I sort of have a different take on it JennaT - don't you think it's possible this editor is just the fall guy? It would be hard to believe a conglomerate as big as NBC doesn't have a check and balance system. Firing this guy is showing they took a stand, problem solved - probably a nice severance package. He'll be editing at FOX News next week. JMO :):moo::twocents:
You have a point there vlpate. Why didn't the script editor, senior producer or legal department catch the "mistake".
Citing an anonymous network executive, Reuters reported that “the ‘Today’ show’s editorial control policies — which include a script editor, senior producer oversight and in most cases legal and standards department reviews of material to be broadcast — missed the selective editing of the call.”
http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/06/nbc-fires-producer-of-misleading-zimmerman-tape/

Well, I have listened to that slowed down tape of the screaming on and off for the last 3 hours. I can finally hear the words "somebody help". Its tangled in the callers words right after the dispatchers says her peace.
I am coming down off the fence now.

Witness was just interviewed on CNN -- says she was on the phone with 911 when shot went off and held phone up to screen. Says she was certain GZ was on top and entire altercation was at least 4 feet away from concrete. Her attorney says SA investigators did not do a very complete interview -- only 15 minutes. This witness had been interviewed before but this was more complete.

A witness has an attorney? ??

I'm sorry to be dense, but what does that mean "and held phone up to screen". Does that mean she photographed what she saw with her phone?

It strains the imagination to think of how GZ got injuries to the back of his head when he was on top during a fight. Also it strains the imagination to think how Trayvon would be losing a hand to hand fight with GZ.

I have another question?? The officer's who brought Zimmerman to the station... would they have had the gun or would that have been left with the detectives on the scene?

I would love to see the chain of custody that gun went through that night? Fingerprints should be very easy to obtain since LE got there so quick. Zimmerman and Trayvon's fingerprints should be on the gun.

MOO

w

Once you have called in a complaint of a suspect it is official police business. If they tell you to stay with your car they mean it or they would not tell you to do so. No one asked GZ to follow, he knew full well he was not suppose to because he set up the NW Program himself. He knew what to do and disregarded the very rules of the program. He knew it was dangerous to follow someone he had already decided was a suspect. Whatever was his motivation???? His car was parked in front of a home that faced the street with a house number on it but he ignored LE's request to return to his car and kept walking to the next street (according to his Dad).

LE can't do their job with people who take it upon themselves to interfer. And once that call is placed it is official police business your obligation ends. All LE did was ask if he wanted to meet the cruiser and where would he be. He never said I'm planning on continued to follow this dude. He owed LE the consideration as a private citizen to do as they had asked him to do. Go back to your car, you don't need to follow, we have a car on the way, please meet us at the mailboxes, etc. on and on. It's all pretty clear.

If everyone decided to take matter into their own hands it would be a lawless society. Two things that put LE at a disadvantage. GZ did not tell them he fully intended to keep following TM and that he was armed with a gun. Two very important facts that LE should have been aware of.

:tyou: :goodpost:

A witness has an attorney? ??

I'm sorry to be dense, but what does that mean "and held phone up to screen". Does that mean she photographed what she saw with her phone?

If I was a witness to a murder that has become this high profile, I would get an attorney too. No one wants to get Kronked!

I have no clue Lola. Hopefully we will get a little bit more information from her.

She was just interviewed by Ashley Banfield on CNN, and she did not have anything much new to say at all.
She was in shadows, in profile with one of those audio-morphing thingies, so it was kind of distracting.
But essentially she said it was too dark for her to see much, but she thinks maybe the bigger man was on top.
It didn't sound like she saw anything new or earth shattering, imo.

She did say there was a long argument she listened to.

She said that the lead investigator came and interviewed her that night and recorded her testimony.

And she said that later she went to a community meeting where the same investigator spoke to the residents and passed out his cards in case they had any more info. She says that she called and never got a return call. That seems to be her main complaint.

Mark Geragos says that this witness actually helps the defendant.

So they questioned her more extensively??????????

Was it MC? Mary Crucher (sp??). Or was it a new witness... the girl from the call where we actually heard the shot? I believe her boyfriend's name was Jeremy (from the call)?

w

No. It's been made clear that it's a myth that a dispatcher has the right to tell someone what to do. GZ was under no obligation whatsoever to follow the dispatchers suggestion.

She was just interviewed by Ashley Banfield on CNN, and she did not have anything much new to say at all.
She was in shadows, in profile with one of those audio-morphing thingies, so it was kind of distracting.
But essentially she said it was too dark for her to see much, but she thinks maybe the bigger man was on top.
It didn't sound like she saw anything new or earth shattering, imo.

She said that the lead investigator came and interviewed her that night and recorded her testimony.

And she said that later she went to a community meeting where the same investigator spoke to the residents and passed out his cards in case they had any more info. She says that she called and never got a return call. That seems to be her main complaint.

Okay, so it wasn't MC! MC would have no problem showing her face, imo. She has numerous times already.

To me... it is really concerning that this is the 2nd witness who says that LE never called her back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361