'Lawn Mower Boys' suspended for senior prank

I think it's absolutely ridiculous these boys got suspended for 2 days for doing something so harmless and I just love that they are selling "Lawn Mower Boys" t-shirts with all the proceeds going to the children's hospital. I hope Superintendent Dr. Robert Allen feels like the bully he is.

Gosh, when I was in high school, the senior boys did stupid stuff - like getting drunk at a cemetery and vandalizing stones...

I think this supt. could have handled this much differently but his suspensions gave more publicity to what happened. If it was here, to protest, I may have been tempted to drive my mower by his house to say hey, how are ya doing.

Their facebook page has 3,336 likes... I can't wait to see their page go viral. HLN has already picked up their story.

Glad they turned this into a positive and are raising money for the children's hospital.

If these kids had broken into the school and committed vandalism (a common 'senior prank') then I would say go super, give it to them. If they had torn up the grounds I would have to chuckle at the super 'one upping' them. But he suspends them because of the transportation they chose to take to school? That is all they did? That is about the tamest prank I have ever seen! It is so tame, it is almost not a prank. He is soooo concerned about some other student trying to 'one up' them that he 'one ups' them himself by suspending them! And I would bet that is the way he worded it to himself..... he would 'one up' them.

So what happens to these kids if they laugh out loud in school? Detention?

Yeah, my highschool has crazy rides day with the seniors every year. It's unofficial, but the school realized they couldn't stop it and instead of punishing, took steps to keep it safe. So late in the school year, we have all sorts of things riding down our street up to the school - lawn mowers, decorated bikes, people "waterskiing" off the back of things, powerwheels, etc.

These boys shouldn't have been suspended. I'm glad they are turning this into a positive.

We didn't have a senior prank but there was a lot of talk about it. Some kids were thinking about bringing an elephant to school. NOW HOW DID THEY PLAN ON GETTING AN ELEPHANT?! We live in New Jersey!

3,400 facebook likes! Give it a day or two and it'll be off the charts. :woohoo:
I just love the way one of the boy's writes about being a "country boy" and living a "simple life, working hard bailing hay, feeding the cows, going fishing, mudding,swimming and riding dirt roads. This way of life describes just about every young man I know...my son's included and yes...we live in the country. I'm just really, really proud of the kids and I hope the super's face is as red as a beat...he's the real prank here, errr joke...:giggle:

We didn't have a senior prank day. We did however have senior skip day.......

One thing I really really like about these kids. They could easily have let this be a negative. Instead they turned it into a positive by mowing lawns and contributing the income from it and the kids are selling the T shirts. LOL the way they worked it, they end up looking like benelovent little geniouses, and the super looks like the bad guy. As adults these kids are going to be worth watching, they are winners. And they know how to work the PR.

We didn't have a senior prank day. We did however have senior skip day.......

One thing I really really like about these kids. They could easily have let this be a negative. Instead they turned it into a positive by mowing lawns and contributing the income from it and the kids are selling the T shirts. LOL the way they worked it, they end up looking like benelovent little geniouses, and the super looks like the bad guy. As adults these kids are going to be worth watching, they are winners. And they know how to work the PR.

And they're all just cute as they can be! They remind me so much of my kids and their friends...just really good kids!

I think it's absolutely ridiculous these boys got suspended for 2 days for doing something so harmless and I just love that they are selling "Lawn Mower Boys" t-shirts with all the proceeds going to the children's hospital. I hope Superintendent Dr. Robert Allen feels like the bully he is.

My hubby said if riding a lawnmower to school is SO off the charts bad, then they should've just told the kids to cut the school grass! This school district obviously doesn't recognize a harmful prank from a harmless one.

Honestly, I am proud of these young men. They got together and figured out a funny prank that wouldn't cause any harm or damage. The superintendent is a jerk to suspend them, and he ought to be ashamed. Not an ounce of common sense in his decision. (of course, there isn't much common sense being utilized in most public school districts in USA, so I shouldn't be surprised.)

3,434 likes on their facebook...I'm looking forward to seeing pics of them mowing lawns this weekend and seeing how much money they've raised for ACH. I know the ACH and the elderly who had their lawns mowed are the true benefactors of the Senior prank. I love it!

LOL, talk about making lemonade out of lemons..The Lawnmower Boys take the cake.

They are great boys, and their parents must be really proud of them. Not just them, but all the other kids who got involved in the project.

OH Gosh, what a horrible Prank.

I hope the FB goes viral. These boys are so tame compared to what was done when I went to HS. I think they are wonderful.

The superintendent is a pinhead and probably won't rescind his decision now that the so called Cat is out of the bag. Foolish when here we have good kids.

Nice to see donations going to charity because of these boys.

Goz

These boys have made their parents proud. What great guys

3,475 likes on fb this morning and they presented a check to the lil' ACH Ambassador. YAY! Go Lawnmower Boys!

This is hilarious pic from FB page!!! :floorlaugh: (never uploaded a photo-hope it works :blushing:)

Attachments

• 295163_223263604440217_222971734469404_300774_1211251964_n.jpg
    295163_223263604440217_222971734469404_300774_1211251964_n.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 12
This is hilarious pic from FB page!!! :floorlaugh: (never uploaded a photo-hope it works :blushing:)

It worked and it's priceless! :floorlaugh:
I wish I could go to their lawnmower parade...what a hoot that's going to be. I hope they have a great turnout.

Hey Mister Superintendent, is that egg I see on your face? :giggle:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back