17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, if you watch the video, he says it's contingent on the prosecution knowing about the picture and not having included in in the PC affidavit. The quotes are taken somewhat out of context (for sensationalism, I presume).

But they did know about the picture didn't they?
Well according to ABC "investigators" knew about it.
And the injuries were described on the police report.
I'm sure they read that.

IMO they knew the injuries were there.

I still think they over charged.

ETA: I forgot to thank you for telling me what was in the video:
I can't see it. I'm on my phone.
Thanks!

You just never know how these things will be looked at by a jury. Not to start a hot discussion( as if we need more controversy in here) but just look at the Ersland case in OK. I mean talk about divided points of view! There is a thread on it if you want to discuss I am just pointing it out as a good example of you just don't know how the jury will view the information.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84737"]GUILTY Pharmacist Ersland arrested for shooting robber - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I wish we had some verified attorneys here to ask some legal questions. Maybe Gitana can enlighten us.

It being his opinion doesn't make it untrue. If the prosecution knew about exculpatory evidence they failed to disclose in the affidavit, it's still a crime. He is right.

So with the eyes of the world on this case, someone is actually suggesting that Angela Corey is lying and withholding information, and committing a crime? I am so sure that this happened, I mean really. I can see someone that the governor of the state appointed is really going to lie, leave things out, make things up, and just put whatever she wanted to put in an affidavit that a judge has to sign.

~jmo~

ABC News recently aired a photo purportedly taken minutes after the shooting that shows a bloody wound on the back of Zimmerman’s head. That photo appears to support Zimmerman’s contention that he was being beaten by the teen when he shot him.

BBM

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/2...overreached-with-murder-charge/#ixzz1t6wsRhyg

ETA: Forgot to make my point! Why would she have to admit it into evidence if it were not a proven photo? Why did this photo only come out weeks later? I think Dershowitz is looking for his lead in to his "next" 15 minutes....

I'm confused about the whole GZ being left handed thing. Maybe it's because it's late and I'm tired, but what difference does that make? Not trying to be contrary, I'm just honestly confused about that.

One thing I don't like the sound of is an answer from Inspector Gilbreath at the Bond Hearing. It sounds like SPD was letting peeps run willy nilly around the crime scene for a while:

GILBREATH: I have no indication what he picked up from other officers at the scene. I know from reading reports there were witnesses gathered around while he was still at the scene. And this was prior to their having statements taken from them. So I don't know what he picked up from overheard conversations.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/20/cnr.02.html

I don't like it, but it is what it is.

It's not a big deal as far as I can see, but Zimmerman was secured when Ayala arrived. According to the SPD Event Report, Officer Ayala arrived at 19:19:52 or almost 7:20 pm. EMT's pronounced TM dead at 7:30 after some unspecified period of attempts to revive him. No way from the report to know how long SPD vs the EMT's made their attempts, but either way, SPD's efforts only involved a matter of minutes.

TMAyalaArrival.png

TMAyalaArrival1.png

So according to the police report, Sgt Raimondo was supposedly doing "breaths" while Officer Ayala, and then Sgt McCoy, did compressions?... compressions on a chest with a hollow-point bullet gunshot wound? Wouldn't blood be pouring out? And if Raimondo was doing "breaths", why was there still saliva coming from Trayvon's mouth in the photo cops showed to Tracy Martin? I don't think they were doing "breaths" or compressions, jmo. What were they really doing, trying to figure out how to help their pal George cover up the murder of some unknown black kid?? All JMO

:moo:

One thing I don't like the sound of is an answer from Inspector Gilbreath at the Bond Hearing. It does sound like SPD was letting peeps run willy nilly around the crime scene for a while:

Great catch as always Papa. Sounds to me like there was no control over the crime scene whatsoever.

~jmo~

So basically no TH should offer their opinion, considering not one of them has looked at the case file except the prosecutors.

I don't disagree, I just wish everyone had this mentality.

Jumping off your post:

I personally value the opinion of a Harvard law professor.

He knows law. That's for sure.

If I had to guess, maybe he's going by the detective who said they have no evidence of certain very relevant issues/claims.
Maybe that's why he thinks the prosecutor is out of line with the charges.

JMO

I haven't had a chance to read the threads the past couple of nights. I did see the photo the other night, though. Was it ever determined who took it or whether it was taken with a phone or digital camera?

My phone is a bare-minimum, dinky little thing. I'm unacquainted with the features of the newer, better phones. If the photo were taken with a phone camera, is the zoom good enough on those that the pic could have been taken from outside the crime scene perimeter?

I can't tell whether Zimmerman is standing or sitting or whether a zoom feature was used. I think it's kind of hard to draw conclusions about whether the photographer was an unauthorized person allowed within the crime scene area without knowing more detail.

Thanks to anyone who can help out! :)

Great catch as always Papa. Sounds to me like there was no control over the crime scene whatsoever.

~jmo~

Yep, and someone took pics and turned around and sold one of them to ABC. I'm liking SPD less and less every day.

One thing I don't like the sound of is an answer from Inspector Gilbreath at the Bond Hearing. It sounds like SPD was letting peeps run willy nilly around the crime scene for a while:

Another case to expose the totally FUBAR Legal System in FLORIDA.

So with the eyes of the world on this case, someone is actually suggesting that Angela Corey is lying and withholding information, and committing a crime? I am so sure that this happened, I mean really. I can see someone that the governor of the state appointed is really going to lie, leave things out, make things up, and just put whatever she wanted to put in an affidavit that a judge has to sign.

~jmo~
He said the entire time that based on what he's seen so far, she's overcharged. The PC affidavit does not align with a second degree murder charge. He said that there may be more evidence, but it's not apparent by the affidavit.

He also said that if the state new about the pictures or other exculpatory evidence and did not include that in the affidavit, it's a crime.

What he said is all very true. I just see sound bites being extracted that make him seem a little less impartial, when the totality of what he's saying is correct.

I wonder when people started showing up on the scene. Was it before cops got there or did the sirens/lights alert the crowd?

Considering that it wasn't roped off right away, you have the potential for contamination of the crime scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123