a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be curious if there is a video of it captured. It seems like its possible since so many cameras in courtroom.

So far, no luck. Like Katie mentioned the cameras moved onto juror #5. :banghead:

Alyce in Juanderland - love it! - also made sure to repeat Jodi's line about how hard it is to focus on the questions when being confronted in such an aggressive way. I really feel the jury will recognize the entire defense as being contrived, rehearsed & choreographed.

In my fantasy:

Juan: "Maam, would it surprise you if I told you the defendant said the exact same thing? Maam, DID YOU or DID YOU NOT participate in coaching the defendant during the loving respite after the honeymoon phase but before the escalation of the continuum of domestic abuse? Judge this is a YES or NO question!"

Wilmott: "Objection, argumentative, foundation, relevance! Judge may we approach?"

Come on ladies... You are seeing a master manipulator in action, in the form of AVL.
Observe, recognize and watch her in action. She has practiced this for years.

I hope the judge wakes up to all this bullchite soon. There is too much crapola being allowed in her courtroom. Like it or not, cameras are everywhere and we've seen JA swipe and drop things under her butt to be handed later by her MA to her mother. We've all watched it. It's all documented, and as such, at the very least, it needs to be addressed. The way ALV spoke to the PA, her friends laughing out loud and then hugging her as she left was ridiculous and beyond belief!

moo

In my fantasy:

Juan: "Maam, would it surprise you if I told you the defendant said the exact same thing? Maam, DID YOU or DID YOU NOT participate in coaching the defendant during the loving respite after the honeymoon phase but before the escalation of the continuum of domestic abuse? Judge this is a YES or NO question!"

Wilmott: "Objection, argumentative, foundation, relevance! Judge may we approach?"

...And the judge will say "you may approach"...

It is evident to me - and I hope to the jurors - that LaV was trying to control The Juan, but I think he ran the storybook reference up the flagpole because he knew he wasn't going to have enough time to do anything worthwhile and it was a way to let LaV know that he has done his research and she had better be prepared on Monday because he will bring up stuff she thinks is hidden... or not necessarily public. She does not have a PhD and does not have the qualifications to make ANY evaluation of the defendant's state of mind, behaviors or psychoses because she has to depend on a PhD's review of the testing, not her own. So all that BS about Travis being an abuser is just that. Also, it is clear that her personal social preferences reflect on her somewhat jaded and biased view of men, so that also excludes her from giving a fair evaluation of who Travis was. Does anyone else wonder why the DT could not get a PhD to testify? Could it be that there was no one seedy enough to risk their credentials to lie about JA?

It has to be so very difficult for the Alexander family to sit and listen to the character assassination going on by the defense team just in hopes of keeping Psycho-woman alive. I know The Juan is going to fight hard for Travis next week... I will be cheering him on from my section of the world.

It is evident to me - and I hope to the jurors - that LaV was trying to control The Juan, but I think he ran the storybook reference up the flagpole because he knew he wasn't going to have enough time to do anything worthwhile and it was a way to let LaV know that he has done his research and she had better be prepared on Monday because he will bring up stuff she thinks is hidden... or not necessarily public. She does not have a PhD and does not have the qualifications to make ANY evaluation of the defendant's state of mind, behaviors or psychoses because she has to depend on a PhD's review of the testing, not her own. So all that BS about Travis being an abuser is just that. Also, it is clear that her personal social preferences reflect on her somewhat jaded and biased view of men, so that also excludes her from giving a fair evaluation of who Travis was. Does anyone else wonder why the DT could not get a PhD to testify? Could it be that there was no one seedy enough to risk their credentials to lie about JA?

It has to be so very difficult for the Alexander family to sit and listen to the character assassination going on by the defense team just in hopes of keeping Psycho-woman alive. I know The Juan is going to fight hard for Travis next week... I will be cheering him on from my section of the world.

I read elsewhere that ALV is the 6th DV expert the defense has hired.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she continues to ask for pee breaks throughout next week. It's a ploy, a ridiculous and blatantly obvious manipulative maneuver to be the ALPHA chick...

At what point will the judge tell the DT enough is enough? ...or is this type of behavior from a DT normal since it's a DP case?

It gets so frustrating... it's been days since they've even mentioned the real purpose for the trial.... and the worst thing is the two expert witnesses were called in to testify on subjects based on Jodi's lies... I can't even image how Travis' family is feeling about now...

And on top of it all they keep nit-picking every little thing THEY (or Jodi) don't like... I really think a lot of this has to do with having ex-con friends in the gallery... I don't think it should be allowed, it seems a lot of trouble has been stirred up in this trial..it's unreal... It seeme that the whole trial has been a sick, enjoyable game for Jodi...

The only settling thing is knowing JM will fix everrything on Monday...he'll come out of the gate letting EVERYJUAN know who the 'jefe' is!! Lol!

"Enough about Snow White, Alyce.....you're in JUANDERLAND now!"

I hope the judge wakes up to all this bullchite soon. There is too much crapola being allowed in her courtroom. Like it or not, cameras are everywhere and we've seen JA swipe and drop things under her butt to be handed later by her MA to her mother. We've all watched it. It's all documented, and as such, at the very least, it needs to be addressed. The way ALV spoke to the PA, her friends laughing out loud and then hugging her as she left was ridiculous and beyond belief!

moo
OMG I so agree! I was appalled at how ALV retorted to JM during her cross. It's one thing for JA to have done the same during her cross, but for this "expert" witness it's inexcusable! I cannot believe how long ALV has been allowed to testify as most of her testimony has simply been a regurgitation of JA's BS. I cannot wait until Monday when JM continues with his cross and with surgical precision dissects her expert testimoney. (Not my play on words - saw it on Twitter & thought it was brilliant)

Poffles

Sure hope that you are right cause I certainly think she would not hesitate to take another life if she ever hit the streets again. The next time she would be better at it and better at covering up. She has learned a lot in the last few years....none of it good! :(

But I think she wouldn't mind getting caught if she tried t again... She's enjoying every minute of this... There needs to be special trial procedures in place for when dealing with sociopaths and psychopaths... This is getting out of control...

Don't get me wrong... I love our judicial system (when carried out according to how it is supposed to be), but I don't think it ever took into account dealing with people like JA!!

And, I totally agree that she would do it again... That's why she had a bought her new gun, AND had a knife packed when the police arrested her... the gun, I could maybe...maybe understand if she hadn't just MURDERED someone... But the KNIVE??! (To me the fact that she had a knife packed too supports premeditation, it's reason to believe that she had also packed a knife for her road trip to murder Travis!)

Thank you Brooke! These were my exact thoughts yesterday. She derailed the court last week by being so "ill" she couldn't even attempt taking the scheduled 90 min break to compose herself in whatever way she needed to (after looking completely composed on the stand before she requested that break).

Then this week, she requests a break a mere 5 min. before the scheduled break and instead of attending to whatever urgent matter demanded this, she decides instead to make a beeline straight for Samantha who is sitting alone as all of the rest of the family had already left for the Victims Room and lean down , get in her face and talk to her about God knows what, stand up and make a gesture circling her hands and shrugging. If I put a cloud over that gesture it would say something like "well, what can ya do with all of this?".

Then she may have even stopped to visit with her courtroom supporters before attending to her "immediate need".

I think she's all about control.

And I think her approaching Samantha was nothing but manipulative.

She disgusts me.

How it went down was this:

1. She requested the break.

2. The Judge dismissed the jury telling them to come back at 3:10.

3. She stood (as we all did) while the jury filed out. (I suspect the camera went to the seal at this point as it always does, thus no cameras filming the courtroom).

4. She exits the stand, walks toward the gallery yet walks straight up to Samantha, leans down and close talks to her in her face. To my recollection, Samantha's face was down either reading or looking at something when she was ambushed.

5. She speaks to Samantha and Sam looks up, maybe replies a short word or two and she stands up and does that circling motion with her arms while still talking.

6. Sam stands up and quickly exits toward the victim room.

I stood right there watching the whole thing. ALL of the media were fixated on Juror 5 across the aisle as this was their first potential opportunity to interact with her (or not). She was definitely the focus of most of the courtroom , but not me as I was standing literally right behind Samantha.

I exited the courtroom and went right up to a member of the media and reported this. I actually should have gone to the Victim Advocate but Nicole was out of the courtroom in the afternoon and had a stand in.

I will report my observations to Nicole on Monday though.

I did tell Aunt Heather and Sam and Tanisha when they returned to the courtroom that what occured violated their rights and they had the RIGHT to not be approached. I was told "Juan is taking care of it".

I don't pry with them ever. I'm more of a silent support person and wait for contact to be made with me usually.This time I asserted myself because I was so appalled this had happened. In my Victim Impact Statement I outline briefly what occured to me similarly and because of it, I got an attorney and we changed laws in AZ to disallow one loophole that was allowing these kinds of unconscienable acts of revictimization to befall victims.

My VIS is here in case anyone hasn't read it. It speaks to the continued abuses by the system to victims and with the DP it gets worse:

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2009/07/retarded_german_killer_rudi_ap.php

I'm obviously very bothered by this hypocritical and beyond disrespectful behavior by this "expert". Maybe I"m more bothered than Samantha actually. But this should not be tolerated anywhere with any victim, ever.

Sorry for the rant...I'm still quite upset over this.

No need to apologize Katie. ... It's despicable what this "expert" did and she should be exposed and held accountable. :furious:

OMG I so agree! I was appalled at how ALV retorted to JM during her cross. It's one thing for JA to have done the same during her cross, but for this "expert" witness it's inexcusable! I cannot believe how long ALV has been allowed to testify as most of her testimony has simply been a regurgitation of JA's BS. I cannot wait until Monday when JM continues with his cross and with surgical precision dissects her expert testimoney. (Not my play on words - saw it on Twitter & thought it was brilliant)

Poffles

Welcome aboard Poffles! :seeya:

ALV came across as petty mean spirited and smug ... Worse still ... She is a disgrace to real victims of DV.

One more thing. . . :furious:

ALV said on the stand - under oath - that she had not watched or followed the trial.

But when asked by JW if she had any problems with her memory, her answer was not one of puzzlement or indignation, it was one of amusement.

IF ALV had indeed never heard Juan asking multiple witnesses that very question, she would have been at the very least, puzzled.

But she wasn't. She was amused. And JW, in saying, "Let's just get this out of the way" before asking her the memory question, shows the world that JW knew her 'expert witness' had followed the trial, even though ALV said she hadn't, and said she hadn't, UNDER OATH. :furious:

ALV wasn't thrown by the question, she appeared to anticipate it. ALV and JW shared some smiles and giggles after that one. They thought they'd gotten one over on Juan. (Think again!)

Just another example of how narcissists don't think rules pertain to them, including swearing to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

In my opinion, that makes her a brazen LIAR!

No, I have not seen these women before. They were the two ladies sitting in the second row behind Donovan. One lady had dark hair and a black and white top. The other lady was blondish. Older women. When ALV got off the stand they greeted her and the lady with the darker hair put her arm around ALV's shoulder. So I take it they were either friends of ALV, or they were women who have attended her classes.

They caught my eye originally because they seemed to be talking back and forth and giggling during sidebars, very animated. When ALV was questioned by JW about Travis' text with all the name calling the one with the darker hair was acting as if she were shocked and could not believe what she was hearing??? But they were the one's plus the mitigation spec. that laughed out loud. No one else seemed to think it was funny, just this group. After the judge left the bench at 4:30 you can see these two ladies talking to the mitigation spec. while ALV is speaking with Nurmi. So they were definitely there for ALV.

BBM - This is the part I find so appalling. The Mitigation Spec was laughing. She was also sitting there on the verge of laughing upto ALV asking if JM was mad at her. I think this was a planned statement and they all (DT included) were in on it.

Been reading all the wonderful observations by you guys. You girls are awesome I wish I was able to go see Mr. Martinez in action :(

My question: if a computer forensic expert is on the rebuttal like I've heard on twitter.. Can he maybe prove that Travis never viewed her MySpace and google accounts. Therefore no sharing of passwords like she says. Another big lie she will be caught in!

What disgusts me is Nurmi's game of charades bringing that motion to the court when he KNEW no jurors saw JM posing for photos ONE time that day IN FRONT of the cameras and embellishing to to be something it was not.

Then this admonishment of this witness who approached a family member coming off the stand (after halting the entire proceedings asking for a "break"--what was the rush Alyce? To get to the family?) happens in chambers.

Not cool. Not cool at all. And I'm getting this out there, believe me.

Be careful KCL! Nurmi might bring a motion saying his precious can't get a fair trial if a "certain" Alexander family advocate is harassing his expert witness. LOL!

One more thing. . . :furious:

ALV said on the stand - under oath - that she had not watched or followed the trial.

But when asked by JW if she had any problems with her memory, her answer was not one of puzzlement or indignation, it was one of amusement.

IF ALV had indeed never heard Juan asking multiple witnesses that very question, she would have been at the very least, puzzled.

But she wasn't. She was amused. And JW, in saying, "Let's just get this out of the way" before asking her the memory question, shows the world that JW knew her 'expert witness' had followed the trial, even though ALV said she hadn't, and said she hadn't, UNDER OATH. :furious:

ALV wasn't thrown by the question, she appeared to anticipate it. ALV and JW shared some smiles and giggles after that one. They thought they'd gotten one over on Juan. (Think again!)

Just another example of how narcissists don't think rules pertain to them, including swearing to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

In my opinion, that makes her a brazen LIAR!

Thank you (again) Brooke.

I've been saying all throughout her testimony i had the feeling she'd been watching the trial. The details of things she had commited to memory based on a DV evalutaion she'd done that really only pertained to THIS trial and were pretty inconsequential to the eval were the tells for me.

Like how did she know the name of "Bianca", the woman JA stalked thinking she was involved with Matt? That had no pertinence to the "DV" between she and Travis but it had just come up in the trial.

I'm convinced she was distinctly following the trial all the way up to her testimony and yours is yet another and better example. Good catch.

Be careful KCL! Nurmi might bring a motion saying his precious can't get a fair trial if a "certain" Alexander family advocate is harassing his expert witness. LOL!

Lol I posted the same as you were posting, I deleted mine. Yes I agree totaly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member