Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a cap on how much money the family can collect as restitution?

Probably as a percentage of her labor income (prison jobs). May be different for her other income, such as artwerk, and I'm not sure if the trust fund will be addressed today. All of this just guesswork on my part, but it makes sense to me that she would have to be left with some of her direct earnings, say for a bi-monthly can of coke.

Jason Lamm ‏@PhxCriminalAtty · 50s51 seconds ago

Jason Lamm retweeted Cathy
The docket does not show an Order to transport #JodiArias from prison to court. The local station is wrong #NoJodi

In any other case Mr. Lamm would be correct, but considering how much gets sealed in this case* there may be no way sure to know if an order for transport was filed or not. Won't matter much whether she's there or not, as Steve mentioned, she'd be just another face in the crowd at this hearing.

*6/15/2015 SDD - Notice: Sealed Document - Party (001) 6/16/2015
NOTE: RESPONSE TO STATE'S MOTION FOR RESTITUTION

(any good reason why that was sealed?)

TCM is doing a marathon today of Christopher Lee's many Dracula movies in honour of his long career. I was going to say vampirism is a fitting background to today's hearing, given JA's life as a parasite, but associating her--in any way--to the very talented Mr. Lee would be an insult to his memory.

(I loved him as Scaramanga in The Man with the Golden Gun).

Anyway, just waiting with everyone else here.

Probably as a percentage of her labor income (prison jobs). May be different for her other income, such as artwerk, and I'm not sure if the trust fund will be addressed today. All of this just guesswork on my part, but it makes sense to me that she would have to be left with some of her direct earnings, say for a bi-monthly can of coke.

That's the perfect typo, Steve! I think we should use it from now on. :)

In any other case Mr. Lamm would be correct, but considering how much gets sealed in this case* there may be no way sure to know if an order for transport was filed or not. Won't matter much whether she's there or not, as Steve mentioned, she'd be just another face in the crowd at this hearing.

*6/15/2015 SDD - Notice: Sealed Document - Party (001) 6/16/2015
NOTE: RESPONSE TO STATE'S MOTION FOR RESTITUTION

(any good reason why that was sealed?)

Maybe it was sealed because the hearing hadn't taken place yet, whatever their argument, we'll probably hear it today, so no reason to keep it sealed.

About her attendance, I don't really care if she's there or not. Her movements don't interest me anymore, she's not really moving anywhere, anymore.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago
Made it but doors are locked at the moment. All the news crews are back! #JodiArias

TCM is doing a marathon today of Christopher Lee's many Dracula movies in honour of his long career. I was going to say vampirism is a fitting background to today's hearing, given JA's life as a parasite, but associating her--in any way--to the very talented Mr. Lee would be an insult to his memory.

(I loved him as Scaramanga in The Man with the Golden Gun).

Anyway, just waiting with everyone else here.

IIRC a Saki fan and also one of Christopher Lee!Do you like Johnny Cash too? :)

I was quite sad when Mr Lee died - if indeed he really did. He had a great and long life but even so ... I felt like the last remaining shred of my adolescence had died along with him, having seen many Sunday night Hammer double bills at my local movie theatre in my teenage years. And yes, vampirism is a fitting background. That smile JA gave when KN said he only liked her nine days out of ten truly reminded me of a female vampire from a Hammer horror.

I was quite sad when Mr Lee died - if indeed he really did. He had a great and long life but even so ... I felt like the last remaining shred of my adolescence had died along with him, having seen many Sunday night Hammer double bills at my local movie theatre in my teenage years. And yes, vampirism is a fitting background. That smile JA gave when KN said he only liked her nine days out of ten truly reminded me of a female vampire from a Hammer horror.

Actually, he said he didn't like her 9 days out of 10, then she tried to own it with style, hey, she takes what she can get.

Actually, he said he didn't like her 9 days out of 10, then she tried to own it with style.

Oh yes of course. Thanks for pointing that out. I doubt there is anyone on the planet who could like her nine days out of ten if they ran consecutively.

BBM: Hah!! (I wish!)
UBM: Me, too. I could go on about him, but I'm afraid I'll have my knuckles rapped for going off topic.

I think that vampires are way too elegant (at least the Hammer ones) and intelligent to be associated with JA. But I see your point. ;)

UBM: Me, too. I could go on about him, but I'm afraid I'll have my knuckles rapped for going off topic.

I think that vampires are way too elegant (at least the Hammer ones) and intelligent to be associated with JA. But I see your point. ;)

BIB - that is true. As far as the undead goes, they were classy, a trait one would never link with JA. And their breasts were real! :)

The last time we saw the felon, JW and her chatted and the felon waived her rights to appear. Unless something changed, the felon will not appear. I believe the Judge asked her the same question again to make sure.

I don't wanna get my knuckles rapped either (Sister Gemma, you will never be forgotten) I used to stop at the A&P and get a pomegranate on my way to the Saturday afternoon vampire-athon at the local theater, it just seemed so right to munch while watching Christoper Lee and Peter Cushing. lol

At least no Nurmi slo-moing during this hearing.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 53s54 seconds ago
Judge Stephens is presiding over the Restitution hearing today. #jodiarias

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews · 7m7 minutes ago
In court awaiting #JodiArias restitution hearing. #TravisAlexander. #Arias has not yet arrived. #12News

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 40s40 seconds ago
Court is in session and no #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 1m1 minute ago
Just like old times....side bar #jodiarias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 59s59 seconds ago
Waiting for #jodiarias restitution to begin. Arias waived her presence. Jennifer Willmott and Juan Martinez here, but no sign of Kirk Nurmi.

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv · 53s53 seconds ago
Deja vu all over again-back in Courtroom 5C-#jodiarias restitution hearing about to begin

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 45s45 seconds ago
Judge Sherry Stephens calls Martinez and Willmott to the bench for a sizzling sidebar, for old time sakes. #jodiarias

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio · 41s41 seconds ago
State v Jodi Arias restitution hearing is underway.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 2m2 minutes ago
Oh look, a sidebar! Ahhh, it feels like home. #jodiarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 53s54 seconds ago
Judge Stephens is presiding over the Restitution hearing today. #jodiarias

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews · 7m7 minutes ago
In court awaiting #JodiArias restitution hearing. #TravisAlexander. #Arias has not yet arrived. #12News

Maybe she will be there. Two questions:
1) Did she cut her hair?
2) Will JW be wearing it?

(I know, mean)

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 1m1 minute ago
Jodi waived presents. Juan is speaking. Alexander's will not be coming back to AZ. Juan submitted receipts from them #jodiarias

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 59s60 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Juan Martinez says victim's family did not want to come back to Arizona for restitution because it's too hard #abc15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88