OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen cartel gangs mc mob etc could be a possibility. Has anyone heard of the Dixie mafia? I was discussing this all last night with my family and my son said sounds like Dixie mafia they are the backwoods version of the ones I mentioned above. He may have been watching to much tv I thought but I got to looking into it and I don't think it's fiction at all. Marijuana and hillbilly heroin is the money makers I am convinced that maybe possible here

Rural residents know that and I'm sure have taken steps to increase their safety. I just have never seen LE increase tension/fear by publicly telling locals to arm themselves if concerned. I find it unusual.

Google Sheriff tells citizens to arm themselves...on the first page I counted at least 7 different sheriffs urging citizens to arm themselves for reasons ranging from terrorist attacks, to gun control reform laws to recent crimes. There was a judge in northeast Ohio a few years ago who told people to arm themselves when they cut the sheriff's department budget. It's a pretty common thing to hear.

I just googled and was able to read Clarence Rhoden obituary 2008. For some reason, he was especially loved by Bobby Manley, wonder what that is about? Family members all mentioned in obit.............but why Bobby? she is Dana's sister, not a Rhoden. Any ideas????? JMO

Well if a body's dumped off somewhere that's died from gunshot wounds he'd be the first suspect.

They should've brought in the FBI from the beginning, whether this is protocal or not. Since Candy Newsome and her daughter's executions haven't been solved in Scioto and so many unsolved deaths in Pike County this should've been handled by other agencies along with local.

Is the Ohio State Police helping them with the investigation?

I have seen cartel gangs mc mob etc could be a possibility. Has anyone heard of the Dixie mafia? I was discussing this all last night with my family and my son said sounds like Dixie mafia they are the backwoods version of the ones I mentioned above. He may have been watching to much tv I thought but I got to looking into it and I don't think it's fiction at all. Marijuana and hillbilly heroin is the money makers I am convinced that maybe possible here

The Dixie Mafia is located in the deep South. It does sound like what was called the "Cornbread Mafia" that was busted up back in the early 90's. Very similar pattern actually.

Links to the Newsome murders in Scioto County. A mother and daughter were shot in their home (mobile home) in the middle of the night. Their bodies were found the next day. According to news articles, the mother and daughter were the only ones who lived there. The mother's brother lived nearby, over a hill. He said he heard some funny noises that night but didn't think anything of it.

http://portsmouth-dailytimes.com/news/4757/two-females-found-dead-on-blue-run

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Mother-and-daughter-found-dead-in-Scioto-County--364128731.html

Donini said it appears there’s evidence to point to what happened in the Newsome's trailer -- Mykal tried to flee before being shot.

"Mykal, my niece, the 16-year-old, was shot in the back as she was running for the front door," said Johnson-Wheeler. "She had to have been so scared."

http://www.tristateupdate.com/story/30882313/investigators-say-double-homicide-near-minford-may-have-been-drug-related

Answering a 911 call around 8:30 Monday morning, they found the bodies of 48 year old Single Mother Candace Newsome and her 16-year-old daughter Kristina Mykal Newsome, shot and killed.

The sheriff said the crime maybe happened up to 12 hours earlier. The sheriff said the mother was shot in her bed, possibly execution style and he believes the daughter was shot while she was attempting to flee.

"After talking to a few people today, they say yes, she was dealing oxycontin, oxycodone," Detective Dan Malone told 13 News.

In context, the quote about was referring to the mother. Police had been to the home before.

There is also belief by many there is a serial killer in or near Chillicothe I believe. This just didn't have the serial killer feel to me especially with the 4th victim. I could see a serial killer and running into more than they expected but not with the 4th location.

I believe that the Chillicothe serial killer shops around for prostitutes or women at risk (drug users, homeless, etc). This doesn't look like the right pattern.

mssmith23: "While nothing has been ruled out, it is unlikely this was a random act of violence or a crime committed by another member of the Rhoden family."

What makes it unlikely to be family?

"Two of those individuals interviewed were Isaiah Jones and Rusty Mongold.
Jones told CBS News he was detained at gunpoint during a traffic stop. He was questioned for six hours, then released.
“I really want people to know I had nothing to do with it,” Jones said, crying. “These were also friends of mine and that I went to school with.”
Mongold, Jones’ friend, said in an April 23 Facebook post that he had nothing to do with the shooting — even going to the sheriff’s office to clear his name and submit a DNA sample.
That Facebook post three days ago stemmed from an April 12 Facebook post that alluded to a “kid that hit me with his car” and wanting to “beat his skull in” — a perceived threat on the youngest murder victim.
A commenter asks if it’s Chris Rhoden, and Mongold responds, “Yes.”

I thought he went in himself initially? Clearly he cooperated, but I was under the impression he went in as soon as it happened, wasn't detained by police at gunpoint.

I'm coming into this case really late but I have been following it here and there and I am behind in the thread. I did read on IJ's parents FB pages where they BOTH stated that they voluntarily went in to the station with him when told of the killings because of the feud between the two boys. They didn't want people to get the wrong idea about previous FB posts that IJ had made.

How long would it have taken to reload to let off 30 something shots?

Is the Ohio State Police helping them with the investigation?

Ohio does not have a "state police" per se. We have a Ohio State Highway Patrol which is mostly concerned with crimes involving highways/drug running using highways, traffic accidents, etc. They have but do not normally exercise police powers when it comes to crimes like this. Crime for the most part is left to the local Sheriff. Big crimes are handled in conjunction with the sheriff by the Bureau of Criminal Investigation which is the case here. The OSP units were on scene though. They were helping block traffic at the intersections.

MOD NOTE: Knowledge Glue dot com is not considered Main Stream Media and the recent article by "Brandon" no last name provided should not be linked or discussed here.

I have removed some posts.

Are we allowed to guess who was the victim with the nine gunshot wounds? My money is on Dana, or Chris Junior, or Hanna, in order of likelihood in my mind.

about that move...Has anyone found the the deed to that "new house"? I'd like to know how that was purchased?

Chris Rhoden owns alot of properties in Pike and Scioto County- I am just throwing ideas out there, but earlier I had posted that maybe it has to do with these properties?
Loan sharks?

I found Instagram accounts for three of the four youngest victims, but they are all private. Grrrr. Nothing on Twitter. Seems they were all Facebook focused.

No twitter? How about @hannarhoden? (not hard to guess) and @rhoden_chris?

Although there was something on Twitter, I did not find much. They weren't very active on twitter as far as I can tell.

How is a shot to the extreme ties fatal? I thought that meant hands, feet

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'm thinking femur, as the femoral artery is large and a person would bleed out fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member