GUILTY VA - Angelyn Ogdoc, 2, thrown off 4-story skywalk, Tysons, 30 Nov 2010

What??????????!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, for pete's sake.
Just how many insane people do we walking around loose?
Rest in peace baby girl.

I started thinking about carrying my dd when she was small, 2 ish, she was wild, once she put her foot on my shoulder bag and stood right up in my arms, we both almost fell over. Strong wild kids can climb you just like they would a tree. But..........
I don't think thats what happened here.
Poor baby.

Wonder if she's got a history of psychosis? Or dementia...

I have been so upset re Zahra...well, and life, did not see this. Am only 5 miles from the mall. Was there yesterday Christmas shopping. Will update as a local as I listen to local news, and with Tricia's blessing. My God. So sick.

I have been avoiding this thread because I could not imagine reading something so horrific. Well, I finally got up the courage.

My heart bleeds for the children of this world who are SO innocent and are at the mercy of adults who do stuff like this.

Rest in peace sweet baby girl. I can not imagine what you were thinking as your grandmaw did this to you. Fly high with the angels.

I hate to read about the deaths of children, and at their family member's hand. I try to stay away from these stories as they upset me so much.

And maybe it's wrong for me to think this way, but when it comes to torturing or murdering children, then I think the adult or adults responsible should have the same thing done to them that they've inflicted on the innocent.

Rest in peace little one. No one will ever harm you again. : (

I'm assuming that's her booking photo at the top of the thread. She has a dead look in her eyes. Chilling.

Wonder if she's got a history of psychosis? Or dementia...

My first thoughts exactly, could even be early/rapid onset with no one paying much attention. However, another post brought up the child climbing you or objects very rapidly and with such an event accidents can happen within seconds. This is just so sad. I wish it never would have happened, but, since it did, I hope it truly was some accident and not grandma just loosing it all of a sudden. I just cannot imagine the pain they are all going through. No words can convey enough sympathy to the entire family, including grandma.

I haven't heard anything new on the news today. It was very disturbing yesterday to walk by the site and see so many delivery trucks parked right where this little girl landed and things going on as normal with no evidence of the horrible things that took place the evening prior.

AOgdoc.jpg

What a beautiful sweet angel! Fly with the angels, Baby Girl!

Grandma charged in girl's fatal fall

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/fairfax/grandmom-charged-in-girls-fata.html

He said Dela Rosa has a teenage son who attends a local private school.

"She had her son in a good school," he said. "They are good people.

He said the family had lived in the house for a number of years, and Dela Rosa was the friendly person on the block who put together neighborhood barbecues and brought food to neighbors when they shoveled snow in last winter's storms.

About an hour before Dela Rosa allegedly threw the girl over the railing, Jackson's son, Russell Jackson Jr., saw the family get into their car.

Angelyn's grandfather buckled her into a car seat, and Angelyn left with her mother and her grandparents, he said.

Nobody answered the door Tuesday morning at the Falls Church home where police say Angelyn lived with her mother. It is a newly built, two-story white house with a fence and a manicured lawn. A child's seat and toys sit on the back porch.

Neighbors say the family slowly built the house over the past year.

Another neighbor, Joan Naleppa, said Angelyn's paternal grandparents own the Falls Church home. They renovated the house when Angelyn was born and made an upstairs apartment for Angelyn and her parents to live, Naleppa said.

Naleppa said the couple previously had lived with Dela Rosa.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/fairfax/grandmom-charged-in-girls-fata.html

I am wondering if, now that the paternal grandparents' home was completed, CDR had become jealous of Angelyn possibly not spending as much time with her, as she used to, and was spending more time with her paternal grandparents in the home that they renovated to accomodate her.

I just don't understand...

I am wondering if, now that the paternal grandparents' home was completed, CDR had become jealous of Angelyn possibly not spending as much time with her, as she used to, and was spending more time with her paternal grandparents in the home that they renovated to accomodate her.

I just don't understand...
-----------
If it was a deliberate action on her part, you may be right. As we have seen in some divorce situations, for example, that there have been parents who have murdered their children because of resentment over the situation, getting revenge, etc. Whether this is due to mental illness, being willfully evil, or some combination of the two, I don't know.

And somewhere on this board I have read that according to some legal determinations that it only takes a very short time frame, such as a few seconds, to form intent. Perhaps there was some comment made in conversation at that moment.

TYSONS CORNER, Va. (WUSA) - When Carmela Dela Rosa left the Tysons Corner food court and walked across the 50-foot high bridge, she was carrying her two-and-half-year-old granddaughter, according to the Chief Deputy Commonwealth's Attorney Ian Rodway. He says for no apparent reason, Dela Rosa intentionally threw the child off the walkway to the pavement below.

Angelyn Ogdoc died hours later at the hospital.

Dela Rosa is being held in solitary confinement to prevent her from hurting herself says Fairfax County Sheriff Stan Barry.

more here

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=123291&catid=158

BALTIMORE (AP) - A woman accused of throwing her granddaughter several stories from an elevated walkway outside a northern Virginia mall has a history of mental illness, an attorney said Wednesday.

Deputy Public Defender Dawn Butorac said that it is very early in the investigation, but the defense team is exploring 50-year-old Carmela Dela Rosa's mental health.

more here

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13599582

I'm always hesitant to embrace the insanity defense early, but I think this might apply.

Do you know those little crazy thoughts people get and then dismiss? Like when you're standing next to a busy street and think "Yikes, I better not move any farther forward" and that weird impulse to step out happens? (Please don't tell me I'm nuts, LOL, I've heard other people talk about it. I think there's a name for those impulses) Anyway, a rational, sane person is able to say "WhereTF did that come from?" and consciously take a step back.

I think some people might have that part of their brain shut down, temporarily or not, and just let that impulse take over. She might have thought "Wow, I better be careful with her, that's a long way down" and instead sent her plunging to her death. Horrible and inexplicable, but I often find myself amazed at the human brain and all the little alarms and triggers and safety systems it employs. Maybe hers failed.

That sounds weird, but believe me, I'm not one to seek the insanity defense first and ask questions later. I had a hard time with Andrea Yates pleading insanity until I found out all the details of her life leading up to the drownings. In my gut, this case says "irrational, insane impulse" rather than revenge or some other "rational" motive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back