Gary Hilton - Cheryl Dunlap murder TRIAL

Suber asked repeatedly whether they took rubber bands to secure their pant legs, but all of the jurors said no.

it must have to do with some evidence the prosecution has, either rubber bands found at the scene, or witnesses.

gary hilton has told people for years that he was a paratrooper on perpetual maneuvers, and paratroopers blouse their pants legs using rubber bands.

i can't wait to see the evidence.

law enforcement from georgia and south carolina are to be called as witnesses for the prosecution? that's very unusual but fits the list of exclusions requested by defense.

It was a very long and tiring day yesterday for the jurors and potential Jurors..People are being called from VERY far away to the witness stand.
This judge doesn't play..

Last Night's Update:

UPDATE 2-2-2011 8:45pm

Jury selection is now over as six men and six women have been chosen to be the jury. Two alternates have also been selected.
Opening statements for the trial will begin Friday morning at 8:30 am.

-----------------------------

UPDATED 2.2.2011 7pm by Julie Montanaro

Jury selection is now in its third day in the kidnapping and murder trial of Gary Hilton.

Attorneys are still trying to seat a jury in courtroom 3G. We'll keep you posted on their progress.

Gary Hilton is accused of killing FSU nurse and Crawfordville Sunday School teacher Cheryl Dunlap and as many as 131 witnesses could take the stand when testimony begins.

"I guess if you watch CSI, we're not going to wrap this up in an hour," State Attorney Willie Meggs said with a grin.

Jurors chosen to weigh the evidence against Gary Michael Hilton can expect to spend three weeks in this jury box.

Prosecutors listed 66 potential witnesses, including victim Cheryl Dunlap's two sons, nearly 40 law enforcement officers from three states, and a forensic anthropologist who has identified human remains in the wake of terror attacks and tsunamis.

"So there will be a lot of pictures," defense attorney Ines Suber said.

Defense attorneys wanted to be sure prospective jurors were ready for what could be disturbing photos and wanted some assurance that emotion wouldn't get the best of them.

"Do any of you would have a problem viewing that type of photograph?" Suber asked.

Hilton's attorneys have a list with 65 witnesses of their own. More than half a dozen doctors, a tool mark expert and more from as far away as California and even Buenos Aires.

The bulk of the defense team's questions surrounded capital punishment. Hilton could face the death penalty if convicted and more than a handful of potential jurors admitted from the start, that's something they could never do.

For those of you who are interested in watching live streaming video of this trial, we'll have it on our web site wctv.tv as soon as the first gavel falls.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[UPDATE] 2-2 11:50AM by Julie Montanaro

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/J...hael_Hilton_Case_Begins_Monday_114908669.html

does anyone have a subscription to tallahassee.com? is their coverage more in depth than wctv.tv? i'm asking because if it is and no-one has access, i'll have to subscribe.

i want to know what is happening with this trial not only for the victim cheryl dunlap, but also to compare the evidence to other crimes this perp may have committed.

sally, glen, or anyone local that could help me out here?

WCTV.tv tells me there will be live, streaming video coverage, gavel to gavel!!!!!!!!
I expect their trial coverage will be extensive. Tomorrow I plan to be in the courtroom but will rely on the website most of next week.

stormsailor, I have tallahassee.com. I think it's only about 10 bucks a month to subscribe to tdo.com, maybe a little more for short-term. Jennifer Portman does a good job covering legal issues (I am forever grateful for her persistence in reporting about Mike Williams); you may want to sign up for her tweets even if you do not hook up to the website.

We should know rather quickly what the best sources are. All the local papers & tv stations will be following the trial as well as some of the "big guns" (probably not a good term to use when talking about the courthouse... hope I make it through security in the morning).

I think this may be the same as the above info:

http://www.wctv.tv/home/misc/114939424.html

Phil Jean
Internet Producer
WCTV Eyewitness News
philip.jean@wctv.tv
(850)893-6666, ext. 304

Just got an email from this dude and the attached is supposed to be the live stream of the trial tomorrow.

He said you could also go to: www.wctv.tv

and pick up the live stream from the website.

I can't believe that it is finally happening!!! Justice for Cheryl Dunlap!!

WCTV.tv tells me there will be live, streaming video coverage, gavel to gavel!!!!!!!!
I expect their trial coverage will be extensive. Tomorrow I plan to be in the courtroom but will rely on the website most of next week.

stormsailor, I have tallahassee.com. I think it's only about 10 bucks a month to subscribe to tdo.com, maybe a little more for short-term. Jennifer Portman does a good job covering legal issues (I am forever grateful for her persistence in reporting about Mike Williams); you may want to sign up for her tweets even if you do not hook up to the website.

We should know rather quickly what the best sources are. All the local papers & tv stations will be following the trial as well as some of the "big guns" (probably not a good term to use when talking about the courthouse... hope I make it through security in the morning).

I know we aren't supposed to do this...but please check your PM's
i don't really think this thread has much traffic!..LOL

Today's update:

UPDATED 2.3.2011 7:20pm by Julie Montanaro

There are difficult days ahead for the family and friends of Cheryl Dunlap as her accused killer goes on trial.

Gary Hilton is facing kidnapping and murder charges in her death.

Dunlap was reported missing December 1st of '07 and hunters would find her body covered with palmetto leaves in the Apalachicola National Forest two weeks later.

Dunlap's cousin says she is anxious for all of this to be over, but is also afraid to hear all the painful details of the crime.

"I don't want to hear what he did to her. I don't want to hear what she had to suffer through," Gloria Tucker said. "It would have been better if he just, if he were going to kill her, just do it right then and not put her through anything. And I don't want to know what she had to go through."

Testimony in Hilton's trial will begin Friday morning at 8:30. We'll have updates on our newscasts and live streaming video of the trial on our web site wctv.tv

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/J...hael_Hilton_Case_Begins_Monday_114908669.html

The trial actually begins tomorrow...This headline is in error.

Rest In Peace...Cheryl Dunlap...a True Angel of God

Storm~
What I do is go to TDO.coms website and highlight the title, then go to google.com and enter the highlighted info, it works for me..I can see their story and the comments, along with the tweets.I think its more updated than WCTV has been, but we will lave live stream so...

from prosecutions opening statement.

[UPDATE] 2-4 9:00AM --

The jury is now in the courtroom.

In the moments before they walked into the courtroom, prosecutors revealed that Cheryl Dunlap's head and hands were found at Hilton's campsite, not far from where the rest of her body was found.

my business is extremely busy today as i listen to the trial.

here are some of the updates from a reporter at the trial.

[UPDATE] 2-4 10:20AM --

Michael Shirley, a frequent hiker at Leon Sinks, says he and his wife saw Dunlap sitting alone, reading a red book, on one of the boardwalks on the hiking loop on December 1st.

He says he saw her picture in the paper a few days later and the following weekend, he and his wife went back to the sinks to see if perhaps Dunlap had fallen into one of the sink holes. Shirley says they didn't see anything in the clear waters, but as they were leaving, they saw the red book on the side of the road.

Shirley said he then went to a nearby search scene and reported seeing Dunlap December 1st as well as directed deputies to the red book.

[UPDATE] 2-4 10AM --

The defense is calling into question the reliability of much of the evidence in this case.

Defense attorneys say even experts could not determine whether the human remains found in the burn pit belonged to a man or a woman.

Defense attorneys say their is no way to prove that the masked man in the striped dress shirt who used Dunlap's ATM card was Hilton.

Defense attorneys also say some plastic beads that prosecutors contend were found in Dunlap's car "suddenly appeared" during a second search of the vehicle.

Defense attorneys say they are equally confident that jurors will have a reasonable doubt.

Hi there, I am back on here, following this trial from the Chicago area. I really appreciate all the work you guys are doing to keep the information coming.
One request: could you please keep posting the Twitter link from the TDO reporter? That would really be great, and thanks!
Wish things moved this fast in Illinois...going on four years now for the murders of the Christopher Vaughn family....

they are recessed for lunch now. the detective that preliminarily processed the car was kept on the stand by defense answering a roll call of what she did find. and at the end of the cross she ask the detective if she observed any beads in the vehicle.

the detective quantified her answer saying that she wasn't looking for anything small at the time, however she did not recall any during her search.

she processed the car while it was still a missing person case, and explained to the jury that she was searching for evidence that might help locate the missing person.

seems like the defense is going for the "conspiracy-someone planted the beads defense", but from my observation the witness detective was clear that she was not looking for small evidence.

Hi there, I am back on here, following this trial from the Chicago area. I really appreciate all the work you guys are doing to keep the information coming.
One request: could you please keep posting the Twitter link from the TDO reporter? That would really be great, and thanks!
Wish things moved this fast in Illinois...going on four years now for the murders of the Christopher Vaughn family....

http://twitter.com/JMPortman

Is that what you were wanting?

I am having a hard tiime keeping up with Suber's questions, not so much her accent, but she rambles.

Hi Guys...Lost my live feed on my Droid...Until I picked it back up at lunch recess. I called WCTV and asked them if they were going to put the entire day on their website, like TV stations do on Caylee Anthony. They said at this time No. This is their first time doing a live feed...so everyting is new to them too.

I also told them that we were having trouble hearing Suber....He said that she would not mic up....After all she is Hilton's Lawyer.

TTYL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back