GUILTY TX - Kala Golden-Schuchardt, 28, Spring, 17 April 2012

There are other suspects and LE is talking to witnesses but not sure if male or female.

One news story I read says a guy who heard shots from instide clinic looked out adn saw a the woman putting baby in car and a male driving away and then seen lady laying on ground after the car sped off.

I'll go back to see which story it was reporting that.

The plot thickens a little more.

Apparently the fathers name wasn't even LISTED (not just not signed, he wasn't even named, according to this article).

I think at that point, CPS would be remiss to give the baby to him without an investigation.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/baby-keega...charges/story?id=16160951&page=2#.T47LWu1hJ5g

An investigation of what?

The marriage?

He wasnt listed ,most likey because of state insurance. His wife would have been the one who filed that paper work. In any event the baby was born within a legal marriage so even though he isnt listed on paperwork he is the legal guardian unless someone else presents a compling reason to challenge that and I have not heard of anyone else claiming to be the biofather.

The only reason I can see them holding the baby at all is to confirm the babys identity. Which might be it but really to annoucne they were holding the baby because he wasnt of the birth records. If that is the true reason , might be a violation of his rights somehow. I am not a lawyer but I would have one. Just because you are not on the birth records does not give CPS a right to take your child.

It appears Baby Keegan was away from his family less than 24 hours and understandably so as Baby Keegan needed to be checked out. No one would know if Verna gave the baby anything and 24 hour observation seems reasonable for the safety of the baby. IMO

Thanks...I see they are also posting RN...not that it matters except I wish the media for once could get something right. Good Lord. Then the media wonders why people comment on their reporting and such.:maddening:

ETA: further down in the article it says licensed nurse. I give up.

LE document also said RN. Could be LE doesn't know one nurse from another, or the perp just said she was a nurse.

One news story I read says a guy who heard shots from instide clinic looked out adn saw a the woman putting baby in car and a male driving away and then seen lady laying on ground after the car sped off.

I'll go back to see which story it was reporting that.

This was mention on Nancy Grace last night about a male taking the baby out of the car and driving away.

What I posted was what the DA stated today on HLN and not being sure if the other suspect is male or female.

DA press conference ~3:00 PM on HLN.

Verna's Myspace page earned a "In the Spotlight" badge earlier this morning because so many people were going to it and checking out her page. She had last posted on that page in 2009 and at that time was happily married and claiming to earn "60,000 to 70,000" a year as a nurse. I don't think she would be earning that as an LVN but she obviously has a flair for writing fiction. I suspect we will hear many fiction and fantasy stories in the months to come.

Thanks...I see they are also posting RN...not that it matters except I wish the media for once could get something right. Good Lord. Then the media wonders why people comment on their reporting and such.:maddening:

ETA: further down in the article it says licensed nurse. I give up.

On the "official" arrest record, it states "registered nurse". It is very possible that Verna told the police she is a "registered nurse" when in fact according to her records she is not.

The media does not have it wrong based on the "official" arrest record. http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page/pdf-verna-deann-mcclain-arrest-record-16161823

The plot thickens a little more.

Apparently the fathers name wasn't even LISTED (not just not signed, he wasn't even named, according to this article).

I think at that point, CPS would be remiss to give the baby to him without an investigation.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/baby-keega...charges/story?id=16160951&page=2#.T47LWu1hJ5g

That is beyond bizarre since they were married. Can anyone confirm the adoption comments? This is definitely a strange case thus far.. A lot of unanswered questions. I'm just glad baby is safe.

This was mention on Nancy Grace last night about a male taking the baby out of the car and driving away.

What I posted was what the DA stated today on HLN and not being sure if the other suspect is male or female.

DA press conference ~3:00 PM on HLN.

Police have not yet charged the man being held in custody in connection with the case.

Just found this from

I do believe I read that on the NG web site about the witness in the clinic seeing a man drive away. Gawd I have read so much now cant figure out where I read what.:banghead:

That is beyond bizarre since they were married. Can anyone confirm the adoption comments? This is definitely a strange case thus far.. A lot of unanswered questions. I'm just glad baby is safe.

The statement about the adoption is in the "official" narrative of the arrest warrant. I posted the link up thread.

Police have not yet charged the man being held in custody in connection with the case.

Just found this from

I do believe I read that on the NG web site about the witness in the clinic seeing a man drive away. Gawd I have read so much now cant figure out where I read what.:banghead:

At this point, I am a little leary about anything that ABC is writing. Hoepfully the press conference at 3:00 PM EDT will clear up some things regarding anyone else involved.

I'm just guessing here from experience. I hope I'm wrong.

I bet we don't learn much more from the PC. Anything new, we just heard from the DA. They'll rehash what we already know. They may clear up some of timeline issues (I hope).

I bet they do a lot of back patting, which I believe they deserve. MCSO had a rough day yesterday.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back