Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to the post about the parents doing the "How we keep going" article: I don't begrudge them trying to keep up a brave front and making sure life is as normal as possible for their other 2 children... but I think it's downright crazy and dangerous that they gave a detailed, minute by minute account of what goes on in their day. That daily schedule that was posted can easily be turned into a cliff notes of sort for an abductor! Who isn't to say that they aren't being watched by the person that took Madeleine... waiting to lay more harm on the family. All an abductor or menace to society needs now, is a copy of that article and to figure out when to strike. At this point and time, they should be keeping their daily life schedule well away from the public eye, and just shared generalizations about how they are coping... to me that would be the common sense thing to do in the eyes of needing to keep the family safe, as the search for Madeleine goes on.

Back to the post about the parents doing the "How we keep going" article: I don't begrudge them trying to keep up a brave front and making sure life is as normal as possible for their other 2 children... but I think it's downright crazy and dangerous that they gave a detailed, minute by minute account of what goes on in their day. That daily schedule that was posted can easily be turned into a cliff notes of sort for an abductor! Who isn't to say that they aren't being watched by the person that took Maddy... waiting to lay more harm on the family. All an abuctor or menace to society needs now, is a copy of that article and to figure out when to strike. At this point and time, they should be keeping their daily life schedule well away from the public eye, and just shared generalizations about how they are coping... to me that would be the common sense thing to do in the eyes of needing to keep the family safe, as the search for Maddie goes on.
Totally agree, these parents are not thinking clearly, they are probably in shock which is fully understandable, but why do these things that endanger their family. Please God bring madelaine back home safe. Then maybe the parents could get some counselling for grief and parental guidance.

I look around and realize how many parents' children went missing while in their beds inside their homes with their parents asleep in the next room and it tells me that if a predator wants your child...it doesn't matter if you take every precaution...it still can happen. Polly, Elizabeth, and the list goes on and on. At least, those parents can sleep some better at night knowing they didn't go off and leave their kids.

Parents leaving their children alone in a strange country or anywhere and going to dinner without giving it another thought is a recipe for disaster on any front. Not only abduction, but fire, accidents, poisonings, and so many other things can occur. I believe these parents have done this many times before. (Some of our most brilliant Scientists have the common sense of a pea.) Do I feel they should be charged with neglect? Absolutely! And if they find their child harmed in any way...they should be charged accordingly. There are cases I have seen where the mothers leave then a fire occurs killing their child or children. They spend many years in jail. Why is this any different?

I do pray for Madeleine and for her safe return. I realize her parents' anguish over her being missing and I will pray for them, too. I only hope there will be real justice for Madeleine in the end.

I look around and realize how many parents' children went missing while in their beds inside their homes with their parents asleep in the next room and it tells me that if a predator wants your child...it doesn't matter if you take every precaution...it still can happen. Polly, Elizabeth, and the list goes on and on. At least, those parents can sleep some better at night knowing they didn't go off and leave their kids.

Parents leaving their children alone in a strange country or anywhere and going to dinner without giving it another thought is a recipe for disaster on any front. Not only abduction, but fire, accidents, poisonings, and so many other things can occur. I believe these parents have done this many times before. (Some of our most brilliant Scientists have the common sense of a pea.) Do I feel they should be charged with neglect? Absolutely! And if they find their child harmed in any way...they should be charged accordingly. There are cases I have seen where the mothers leave then a fire occurs killing their child or children. They spend many years in jail. Why is this any different?

I do pray for Madelaine and for her safe return. I realize her parents' anguish over her being missing and I will pray for them, too. I only hope there will be real justice for Madelaine in the end.

Exactly.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/05/11/wmaddy511.xml

A local newspaper today reported that Mr and Mrs McCann had failed to check on their children, including two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie, on the night Madeleine disappeared.

The couple claimed they were checking on the apartment every half hour as they dined at a tapas restaurant with friends, only 100 yards away.

But the Diario de Noticias, which has consistently attacked the parents’ actions, today discredited their account. The paper claimed that staff at the Mark Warner complex told them “they did not leave their table to go and check on the children while they were having dinner.”

I can't get that article or the site to open, perhaps in a bit they will be back on line. But, we are to believe an article from a source that has from the beginning "consistently attacked the parents' actions"? I don't know. Over the police account? The original source is local, are they overly concerned with their tourism dollars? Here's another example of half-truth or no-truth printed about the case:

http://skynews4.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/05/police_under_pr.html

I agree, this more than likely would not have happend if the children were not left alone. However, I think that point has been established, and people need to focus on the fact that a little girl is missing. She is either very scarred right now or worse, and even though I do not support the parents actions what's done is done. Stop bashing the fact they left the children, and start worrying about where this girl is. One more fact, I hate to think about is I read the father checked in on the children at 9:30 and she was gone when the mom looked in on them at 10:00. I hate to say it, but could the father be involved in this? Could he have done something to her, and gotten rid of the body? Or even worse, could he be involved in some type of pedo ring? I know many won't like that idea, but has he been looked at? When ever a child goes missing under mysterious circumstances I always look at the parents. Yet, for some reason that's not happening here. I bet if the wife ws the one missing every one would be all over the husband. Why does it seem everyone is just taking his word? Just my thoughts.

Does anyone know where the family is now? are they back in the UK?

I can't stay quiet any longer. CarpeDiem - I was reading the link to SkyNews you posted and one of the bloggers said the following:

"The locals, although sympathetic to the McCann’s plight, brought up the fact that six months ago three year old twin girls were abducted. This made little impact on their own news and the story didn’t warrant the attention of the international press.
Could there be a link?? Are there other similar abductions going on? Is there a gang who are interested in three year old girls?"

Is this true - does any one know? I don't remember ever hearing about it. But in mho the story should have warranted international press and maybe if the news would have gotten out, Madeline would not be missing now!

It appears that there is tension between the local community and the Britons over the way things are being handled. I would caution that we should be very skeptical of everything we read in the press, particularly when there is so much chaos going on.

My thoughts and prayers to Maddie - I hope you are back with your family soon and in the meantime that you are being looked after with care.

Salem

I can't stay quiet any longer. CarpeDiem - I was reading the link to SkyNews you posted and one of the bloggers said the following:

"The locals, although sympathetic to the McCann’s plight, brought up the fact that six months ago three year old twin girls were abducted. This made little impact on their own news and the story didn’t warrant the attention of the international press.
Could there be a link?? Are there other similar abductions going on? Is there a gang who are interested in three year old girls?"

Is this true - does any one know? I don't remember ever hearing about it. But in mho the story should have warranted international press and maybe if the news would have gotten out, Madeline would not be missing now!

It appears that there is tension between the local community and the Britons over the way things are being handled. I would caution that we should be very skeptical of everything we read in the press, particularly when there is so much chaos going on.

My thoughts and prayers to Maddie - I hope you are back with your family soon and in the meantime that you are being looked after with care.

Salem

WOW!!! This is a good reason why every Hotel in the world should have a big sign that says:
"DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN UNATENDED FOR ANY REASON, WE HAVE QUALIFIED BABYSITERS".
Maybe some people come from areas where leaving their children when they are asleep is safe, Maybe some people are very naïve.
Right now we must pray for this beautiful 4 year old little girl to come home safely.

WOW!!! This is a good reason why every Hotel in the world should have a big sign that says "DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN UNATENDED FOR ANY REASON, WE HAVE QUALIFIED BABYSITERS". Maybe some people come from areas where leaving their children when they are asleep is safe, Maybe some people are very naïve.
Right now we must pray for this beautiful 4 year old little girl to come home safely.

Yes, but people everywhere are naive in their own ways. We go to hotels quite frequently here in the State's with our daughter's soccer team. Our coaches have had to call special parent meetings multiple times because parents were letting small and pre-teen kids walk through the halls unattended, even though a few were together - just because there were a few other families and adults on the floor they knew. Everyone likes to think everyone else is watching (I don't know for what). They are - but they aren't always the good guy's. I posted earlier about the car window decals we see all the time with the kid's names on them for the whole world to know. If someone is stalking a family, the CHILD, it's not going to take long for them to have enough information to be able to take our children without a whisper.:sick:

Yes, but people everywhere are naive in their own ways. We go to hotels quite frequently here in the State's with our daughter's soccer team. Our coaches have had to call special parent meetings multiple times because parents were letting small and pre-teen kids walk through the halls unattended, even though a few were together - just because there were a few other families and adults on the floor they knew. Everyone likes to think everyone else is watching (I don't know for what). They are - but they aren't always the good guy's. I posted earlier about the car window decals we see all the time with the kid's names on them for the whole world to know. If someone is stalking a family, the CHILD, it's not going to take long for them to have enough information to be able to take our children without a whisper.:sick:
I agree with you people are naive in their own way. And it is so sad that people become mindful only after bad things happen. Signs in Hotels remind people to be mindful, I think.

UK police ask for tourist photos in hunt for girl

LONDON (Reuters) - Tourists who stayed at the Portuguese resort where 4-year-old Madeleine McCann was abducted were urged on Monday to hand over any holiday photographs which might contain clues to the British child's kidnapper.

British detectives would use advanced facial recognition software to scan the pictures and pass on any useful information to Portuguese police.
British police said they wanted pictures from anyone who had been at the Ocean Club resort in Praia da Luz or the surrounding area in the two weeks before Madeleine's disappearance on May 3.
"Look at your prints and see if there are, for instance, people in the background of the picture that at first you may not have noticed," said Jim Gamble, Chief Executive of the police Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre.
"These are the pictures we want," he added.
"By taking in pictures from the public we can move the investigation forward -- looking for people who might seem out of place or behaving strangely."

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Jeana....did Ireland get TO'd or banned?

I just want to understand, and for others who 'watched' this happen, why you took such measures? I am assuming becuase she was PERSONALLY attacking you and it wasn't her opinions. WS is FOR freedom of speech. But we DO NOT attack EACHOTHER. We work TOGETHER. We may not always agree, and everyone's different views and talents is what makes this world go around.

I think this may be a good time for everyone to read the TOS about attacking the post and not the poster.

4. We strive to provide a safe environment for members to express their ideas without personal attacks or "flames". Please be polite in your posts. Any reply that we feel violates this rule including but not limited to, name calling, ad hominem argument, and profane or racist language will be deleted. If you object to a post, and consider it a flame or insult, please use the "Report post" link instead of insulting the poster back. If you flame others through personal attacks, even in response to a perceived personal attack, you will lose your posting privileges.

Jeana, if I assumed wrong in why the 'bye bye'...delete this post

First of all, admin doesn't discuss other posters. Secondly, we can disagree without attacking one other. I gave her SEVERAL chances to do so.

I agree, this more than likely would not have happend if the children were not left alone. However, I think that point has been established, and people need to focus on the fact that a little girl is missing. She is either very scarred right now or worse, and even though I do not support the parents actions what's done is done. Stop bashing the fact they left the children, and start worrying about where this girl is. One more fact, I hate to think about is I read the father checked in on the children at 9:30 and she was gone when the mom looked in on them at 10:00. I hate to say it, but could the father be involved in this? Could he have done something to her, and gotten rid of the body? Or even worse, could he be involved in some type of pedo ring? I know many won't like that idea, but has he been looked at? When ever a child goes missing under mysterious circumstances I always look at the parents. Yet, for some reason that's not happening here. I bet if the wife ws the one missing every one would be all over the husband. Why does it
seem everyone is just taking his word? Just my thoughts.

Spaz, I had mentioned this a while back and really got no response. Is it possible that the parents are involved. I would pray not but, it would not be the first time. I hope that the police are not so focused on Mr. Murat that they miss something significant. My other thougt is would it have been possible for Maddie to have gotten out of the room herself and drowned?

Ireland bated Jeana into a confrontation for whom knows what reason. I knew this was coming yesterday when she took a post Jeana made days ago, resurrected it out of the blue, commented with personal insults and a few other's followed with the commentary or back pat's. Ireland's comments there were over the line, (and other's often didn't jive with those of our other international posters or facts reported through the media). She accussed Jeana one page back of "attention seeking" when Ireland was the one whom started the recent debate. I think she deserved what she got.

I don't agree with Jeana's view on the parents, but I agree with the action she took with regard to this poster. I would hope if it was anyone of us bated like that, the action would be the same.

Thank you.

Jeana, I, too, want to say thanks for whatever it was you did with Ireland. He/she was just outrageous and looking for trouble...we don't need that anywhere, but especially not on a thread about a missing little girl.

Thanks, too, for all you do here, you and all the other mods.

I have been quietly reading along with this thread and watching the news.
I know the parents are not considered suspects; but, I have to say I am not able to fully understand the actions of the parents and therefore have some doubts. It is inconcievable to me that two such educated, worldly and non nieve seeming parents would leave two such young children alone. Saying they were checking on they hourly is rediculous. To me that equates too putting your two year old in a bath tub and leaving him unattended and saying I peaked in every 5 minutes. It is more then just unacceptable behavior I find it unbelievable. This does not mean it isn't true but until the wearabouts of Maddie are known I am afriad I can not assume the parents are innocent in this.

mjak

I have been quietly reading along with this thread and watching the news.
I know the parents are not considered suspects; but, I have to say I am not able to fully understand the actions of the parents and therefore have some doubts. It is inconcievable to me that two such educated, worldly and non nieve seeming parents would leave two such young children alone. Saying they were checking on they hourly is rediculous. To me that equates too putting your two year old in a bath tub and leaving him unattended and saying I peaked in every 5 minutes. It is more then just unacceptable behavior I find it unbelievable. This does not mean it isn't true but until the wearabouts of Maddie are known I am afriad I can not assume the parents are innocent in this.

mjak

Mjak...I'm so glad you said this. I don't really think the parents did anything to Maddie, but the longer this drags on with no resolution I can't help but wonder about Gerry and Kate McCann.

I noticed on the Madeleine website that the parents have an entire schedule of how they are spending their days, typed out. Why? How is it that they have the time, presence of mind, or interest in writing something like this out? If I were in their shoes, I'd be unable to think straight, much less care about the world knowing everything I'm doing at every hour of the day, in the midst of such hell. Maybe it's in response to all the criticism they've received about leaving the kids alone that night, but it just seems weird and out of place to me.

Just my .02.

Jeana, I, too, want to say thanks for whatever it was you did with Ireland. He/she was just outrageous and looking for trouble...we don't need that anywhere, but especially not on a thread about a missing little girl.

Thanks, too, for all you do here, you and all the other mods.

Thanks. I can put up with discussion, but I will not, nor will I allow anyone else here to be attacked like that. When it comes to children and their safety I have no sympathy for parents who put their needs first.

Thanks. I can put up with discussion, but I will not, nor will I allow anyone else here to be attacked like that. When it comes to children and their safety I have no sympathy for parents who put their needs first.

JEANA: OFF TOPIC: I mised you:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

I have 2 posts on this thread to you #389 & 391 also on the Tybee Thread #448 is to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe