CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe him. Ross is a whiner. He's looking for sympathy for himself. He attempts to correct and clarify the story (no wonder, it can't stand on its' own) No one leaves a 5 year old in an alley unless they want to fabricate a story about abduction or hope someone will abduct them.)

Both my children have gone missing, as in vanished in an instant, and I well remember that indescribable feeling of pure dread until they were found. They were both found within 10 minutes one in a store, the other had "taken a walk" to the store.

The thing is, you're humbled and begging anyone to help find them. It doesn't occur to you to comment on how many hours each day you've been interviewed. Or feel you've been "thrown against the wall".

I hope LE isn't buying it either. (Of course they're not - they've done voice analysis - and profiled his answers) LE didn't just fall off the back of a turnip truck!!

I don't believe him. Ross is a whiner. He's looking for sympathy for himself. He attempts to correct and clarify the story (no wonder, it can't stand on its' own) No one leaves a 5 year old in an alley unless they want to fabricate a story about abduction or hope someone will abduct them.)

Both my children have gone missing, as in vanished in an instant, and I well remember that indescribable feeling of pure dread until they were found. They were both found within 10 minutes one in a store, the other had "taken a walk" to the store.

The thing is, you're humbled and begging anyone to help find them. It doesn't occur to you to comment on how many hours each day you've been interviewed. Or feel you've been "thrown against the wall".

I hope LE isn't buying it either. (Of course they're not - they've done voice analysis - and profiled his answers) LE didn't just fall off the back of a turnip truck!!

:Welcome-12-june:

Nice to have you with Us Paulette. I think most of us are trying really hard to believe Ross, obviously, because the flip side is one that none of us want to see happen....again. But for what it's worth, I think you and I are thinking precisely the same thing. I am trying really hard to believe him, honest to God I am....and failing miserably.

Bold mine.

Keep in mind that I am praying that Ross is innocent of this, but we should remember that he is a relatively "new" Dad...only has been one for what, 8-9 months. Plus he is a man...maybe a mom would not leave her 5 yr old that far away, but he is:

1. A man-thinking process is different from a woman
2. Running late for his class, etc.
3. Thinks he is in a relatively safe area of town
4. New to being a parent, and maybe too trusting or not as cynical as someone who has been parenting for the full five years of Hassini's life.

So maybe, in his haste, to get to class, he thought he could run to the front door of the shoe store, tell Jennifer to open the back door to let Hassini in and then hurry around back again, and he thought Hassani would be ok for that 5 minutes that that took.

JMO

I agree to a point. But this is a man who was checked out and deemed worthy by the s\State of California to take care of someone else's child.
I think he should be better than the typical non-thinking male.JK.
He's taken away from his parents because they can't afford to take care of him and given to someone who loses him and he is most likely dead. It just seems wrong. Why didn't the government just give them a bailout.
Sounds like they needed it more than AIG.

Welocome to WS's jericai117, ecatzippy & Paulette along with everyone else new, that I may have missed the last few days!

913901a6fm472zor.gif

I'm wondering why LE hasn't had any press conferences on this case! :waitasec: It really seems to me that they are holding back info from the public & must have an idea of what happened to Hassani. It makes my hinky meter rise that they aren't asking for the public's help at all. They have only held 1 news conference since Monday.......I think that it alone speaks very loud the lack of another one. Even in Robert Manwill's case & others they were asking for the public's help to come aide in searching, as well as one too many :( to name! :cry:

You would think they would be asking for searchers to meet somewhere to lead a massive search of all areas of interest.

Is anyone else thinking the same as me? TIA

ETA: P.S. Everyone is so quiet tonight!

I believe we are all holding our breaths that this little handsome guy is found safe, but the more days that pass it's harder to do so.:shakehead: We do have to remember that it has happened in the past, though not as often as we would all like it too! :crossfingers:

:angel:

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

It looks like a fair distance from the alley. There are two stores from the corner of Harwood and College before you get to Shuz. Plus the length of the building to get back to the alley. Too far to leave a littleone...

Wonder if anyone has a theory about where the perp was hiding as to not be seen by Ross as he pulled in the back parking space. Even if Ross had been observed for a couple of months dropping the children off at the shoe store....and the perp expected his arrival, where would he be hiding himself?

How did the perp know Ross would be running late?

How did the perp know Ross would walk to the front of the store rather than call his fiance from his cell phone while he was in the car?

Did the perp enter after Ross had turned the corner - and if so, where did he go with a 5yo in his arms and not be seen?

Was it ever mentioned why Ross was running late? He had an orientation at Stanford Medical Facility and class that night - was it typical for him to run late or was it just this time? TIA

Hey eyes4.....actually I think Ross was early....by about an hour

UPDATED: Police question missing boy's foster father
August 14, 2009
<snipped>
(08-14) 17:56 PDT HAYWARD -- The foster father of a missing 5-year-old boy was interviewed for about an hour Friday by Oakland police homicide investigators who brought him to a Hayward auto wrecking yard where he took the boy before the child vanished, authorities said.

Louis Ross agreed to accompany Sgt. Gus Galindo to the Pick Your Part wrecking yard on Winton Avenue, where Ross took Hasanni Campbell and the boy's 1-year-old sister Monday afternoon, hours before the boy disappeared, said John Burris, a lawyer whom Ross is consulting.

Police have searched in and around the auto-parts yard and the store in recent days, along with a park near the family's home in Fremont. They say they still consider the case a missing person investigation.

Ross, 38, has said he is cooperating with officials "100 percent." He took a polygraph examination Wednesday, but federal authorities who administered the test will not discuss the findings.

Burris said police took Ross to the wrecking yard and spoke with him for about an hour Friday before returning him to his home on Roxie Terrace.

"They wanted to find out what he knows," Burris said. "He was very cooperative."

Ross told Burris that he had gone to the yard looking for a car part. He was taking care of the children before dropping them off at the shoe store so he could go to a job orientation at Stanford Hospital Medical Center and then a medical assistant's class in Union City, Burris said.

Alameda County sheriff's deputies will be searching Coyote Hills Regional Park in Fremont on Saturday and undisclosed locations in Hayward, authorities with knowledge of the case said. It is not clear why those areas were being targeted for more intensive searches.

Article:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/14/BAUH198ST0.DTL&tsp=1

Hey eyes4.....actually I think Ross was early....by about an hour

Thanks for that info Shutterfly. For some reason I thought he was running late and the trip to the front door wasn't his usual route. So walking to the front door and back is the way he always does this trip? TIA

Thanks for that info Shutterfly. For some reason I thought he was running late and the trip to the front door wasn't his usual route. So walking to the front door and back is the way he always does this trip? TIA

If I recall, none of this is his 'normal' routine. He was an hour early because of 'an earlier appointment' but at the same time, he claimed to be running late. He said that he 'normally' calls Jennifer from the car to have her unlock the back door, and he hands the kids off there. This time he claims he didn't call, because he was in a hurry? If he was in a hurry then it stands to reason calling to have her open the door would be doubly important on this day, to conserve time.

I got all of this directly from Ross's mouth. From the video's Angel Who Cares posted a few pages back. I'll go get you a link to both video's so you can hear it for yourself....be back in a minute....

ETA: link http://cbs5.com/video/?id=53997@kpix.dayport.com

You may have to dig for the video...it's dated Aug 12th...7:07 pm. I just found it on page eight of the video's.

If I recall, none of this is his 'normal' routine. He was an hour early because of 'an earlier appointment' but at the same time, he claimed to be running late. He said that he 'normally' calls Jennifer from the car to have her unlock the back door, and he hands the kids off there. This time he claims he didn't call, because he was in a hurry? If he was in a hurry then it stands to reason calling to have her open the door would be doubly important on this day, to conserve time.

I got all of this directly from Ross's mouth. From the video's Angel Who Cares posted a few pages back. I'll go get you a link to both video's so you can hear it for yourself....be back in a minute....

I knew I heard Ross say he was in a hurry, that's what made me think he was late. If he was an hour early - how would any perp know about that?

I wonder if Ross knows how illogical he sounds? Logically, I can't understand how a perp would ever get to the child...nor can I understand why Ross hasn't been arrested yet. mho

Shutterfly & eyes4crime it's in this video what LR's explaination of his routine in dropping off the kids, & that he was early that day. Also from one of the first videos even Hassani's Godmother says in a video that LR story just dosen't make sense or add up correctly. (quoted not word for word)

RAW VIDEO: Louis Ross Talks To ABC7
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6962712

This is the video where the godmother questions LR's story....it's towards the very end of the video!

VIDEO: Police Search Park, Home For Disabled Boy
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=6962291

ETA: Every time I watch the Raw Video with LR again his story just dosen't make sense at all. I keep trying to give him the benefit of doubt, that he isn't responsible, but too many things don't add up.

1. Another video where a reporter walks from the alley where he was parked....it took him a total of 40 seconds.

1.A. LR says that it took him at the max 5 minutes to go to the front & back to the car.

2. If he was running behind that day, him not having time to call ahead to be at the back door....it took longer for him longer to go around the front, to ask her to open the back door, than it would have taken to call ahead for her to be ready & waiting.

3. As many others have noticed Hassani is always referenced as an Auntie when they both speak, (LR & JC) but LR is always referenced as his son. I can't understand this.....unless he rules the household. As the poster said he is well liked & looked up to at school, but I believe most everyone acts different away from their families. I know my daughter use to get mad when she was around 10-13 yrs old, when I sold Avon, that how come I spoke to my customers nicer than her. I told her when she grew up she would understand everyone has a business voice & one that is used daily around family & friends. She is now 30 & does understand the difference.

I could add more examples, but I think you will get what I'm seeing if you watch the video several times. :wink: JMHO

AWC I took this from your post above. I was too lazy to quote, snip, etc.....

"2. If he was running behind that day, him not having time to call ahead to be at the back door....it took longer for him longer to go around the front, to ask her to open the back door, than it would have taken to call ahead for her to be ready & waiting."

I just "got' this a bit earlier when I was pointing out to eyes4 that he was actually late AND early. That little bit of info tipped the scale for me. I think he just needs to tell LE what he did with that child...period. This has gone on long enough and he's only making it worse on the people who loved this child.

UPDATED: Foster Father Of Missing Boy Undergoes More Police Questioning
Posted: 4:38 pm PDT August 13, 2009
Updated: 11:32 pm PDT August 14, 2009
<snipped>
The foster father of a missing boy with cerebral palsy reportedly left his Fremont home with homicide detectives Friday afternoon for additional questioning.

Police said the detective involved had not spoken with Louis Ross directly and wanted to ask him some questions.

Oakland police said Ross has taken a lie detector test, but would not reveal the results.

Police plan a massive grid search of the area near Ross's home Saturday in Fremont. Authorities were also planning another search in Hayward.

On Thursday, Ross issued a emotional plea for the youth's safe return Thursday.

NEW VIDEO: OAKLAND: Investigation Into Missing 5-Year-Old Focuses On Foster Father
http://www.ktvu.com/video/20407544/index.html

Article:
http://www.ktvu.com/news/20390807/detail.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Editorial: Community must mobilize to find missing Fremont boy
Posted: 08/15/2009 12:01:00 AM PDT
<snipped>
WHERE IS Hassani Campbell?

The 5-year-old Fremont boy, who suffers from cerebral palsy, was reported missing Monday from the Rockridge area in Oakland. Police, the FBI and the National Center for Exploited Children have all been searching for the child. On Thursday evening, authorities were searching Coyote Hills Regional Park in Fremont.

The foster father's account leaves us with a number of questions.

Why would a parent leave a young child &#8212; particularly one with a serious condition such as cerebral palsy &#8212; standing alone in the afternoon heat while he went into a store? Why not take the boy inside with him?

It's possible that he wandered off, but in our view, unlikely. Hassani wears orthopedic ankle braces, which would suggest that he is not fleet of foot. It's hard to imagine that on his own he could have gotten very far.

That leaves two decidedly disturbing scenarios for authorities to investigate.

One is that Hassani was never in Rockridge in the first place. As is customary in child disappearances, the authorities have searched the foster parents' home in Fremont as well as a nearby park. Ross has taken a polygraph, but refused to disclose the results. Ross now says he believes the boy was kidnapped.

Another scenario is that, in a flash of an instant, someone took the boy while his foster father was inside the store. We know from past experience that child abductions can happen in plain sight &#8212; even in busy commercial areas. Adam Walsh was abducted from a shopping mall parking lot in Hollywood, Fla.

Back in March, when Sandra Cantu went missing in Tracy, there was a massive mobilization in the community to find the child. We need the same level of community response to help locate Hassani Campbell, wherever he may be.

We urge all of you to join us in praying for this little boy's safe return.

Article:
http://www.insidebayarea.com/opinion/ci_13054770
5-year old Hassani Campbell still missing
August 14, 11:54 PM
<snipped>
5-year old Hassani Campbell who disappeared on Monday is still missing. Louis Ross, Hassani's foster father and the one who last saw Hassani, took a lie detector test on Thursday. The results have not been announced. Friday, Ross spoke with Nancy Grace of CNN.

"As normal routine, I would pull into the back parking...there is a little back parking lot behind the store, that would accommodate about 2-4 cars. I would pull into the parking spot then proceed to basically get out of my side, walk around and open up the door for Hassani, because that was our normal routine," Ross told Nancy Grace.

Ross said that he told Hassani to go stand by the back door and he walked, carrying Hassani's sister to the front of the store to tell his wife, Jennifer, to open the back door of the store. When he circled back Hassani was gone.

The message that Ross wanted everyone to know was that Hassani was not wearing silver leg braces but actually small braces on his ankles that most people wouldn't notice. He doesn't want the public looking for a child with leg braces, and possibly missing seeing Hassani.

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-18953-San...8d14-5year-old-Hassani-Campbell-still-missing
NEW VIDEO: Latest Details On The Search For 5-Year-Old Hassani Campbell
http://serve.castfire.com/video/141065/141065_2009-08-15-001232.mp4

P.S. I wish Hassani had his own forum.....it is so much easier to let everyone be aware of an article that is updated, & to find the articles, videos, maps etc. Hint! Hint!...Media thread please! Aong with breaking up theories etc. to discuss them in different subject threads! It so hard to do that in a general discussion thread. JMHO :blowkiss:

AWC I took this from your post above. I was too lazy to quote, snip, etc.....

"2. If he was running behind that day, him not having time to call ahead to be at the back door....it took longer for him longer to go around the front, to ask her to open the back door, than it would have taken to call ahead for her to be ready & waiting."

I just "got' this a bit earlier when I was pointing out to eyes4 that he was actually late AND early. That little bit of info tipped the scale for me. I think he just needs to tell LE what he did with that child...period. This has gone on long enough and he's only making it worse on the people who loved this child.

ITA: Shutterfly as much as I wanted to believe he wasn't responsible for Hassani's being gone. :( He is just all too cool, calm & collective in his interviews. Very well rehersed & thought out, but at the same time half *advertiser censored** with way too many holes in his story. He knows by instinct & him thinking he is smarter to always look at the interviewer in the eyes....a bit over board of eye contact if you ask me.

I have 20 neices & nephews....& 2 grandkids....if I'm ever late to drop them off or vice versa there is a phone call made to make the exchange faster. Saves more time to get to whereever one of us are late getting to. JMHO

I pray that tomorrow he gets scared & spills where Hassani is...if he is the one responsible, (which my gut says he is) he is hurting way too many people. Even all of us who have grown to love & adore such a handsome little guy.

I hadn't brought up the fact, that I also have 2 cousins, who are sisters & they both have cerebral palsy. They are way older than Hassani...one my age & one a coulple of yrs older. Oh!!!!.....how I wish they were even able to walk, but are confined to wheelchairs. Science has advanced so much today, than when they were born, that I often wonder if they had been born today, if they would be able to walk.

They are both very protected by all of my family....even when I was in elementary school....I got into one too many agruements with my classmates defending them. They lived down the street from my school...back than there was no schooling for the disabled.....until Pres. JFK made it mandatory! May he rest in peace.

Sorry a little off topic, but this little guy really touches my heart in a very special way.

I have been away for most of the day and just now catching up.

(((Angel Who Cares)))

Sorry about your cousins, and I do understand how this little guy tugs at your heart. Mine too.

Thanks for keeping us abreast of all the latest articles!

I am still convinced that there are too many 'improvements' in Ross' story. At this point, it is going to take LE stating very clearly that Ross passed the polygraph and is not a POI for me to believe he is not.

A person can recall the absolute truth time after time and consistantly. Period. I have stated that on many threads here at WS. The fact that Hassani is missing is far too serious to keep embellishing past statements. I respect everyones opinion, but mine is that Ross is not being truthful. JMO

I really wish I felt differently. Hassani is in my prayers and thoughts.

My reoccuring thoughts on this one are:

When is the last time someone other than Ross saw Hassani?

Hassani is reported to where braces that are not visible and is overall pretty mobile... every child this young that I have ever delivered to their "mom" has been excited and would have run in to see her. That he cannot do that because it is work makes no sense if Ross supposedly took the younger child, left Hassani (outside of the car), and walked through her place of employment, with a baby to open the backdoor.

Also from the moment Ross goes out the backdoor, Hassani isn't there... what happens then? Does he actually search the alley, run to the sidewalk, see if he is in the store through the front door, where are the witnesses that he was frantic, yelling Hassani's name, asking people if they had seen him?

Or from what I have gathered he goes out the backdoor, no Hassani, goes right back in through the backdoor and tell mom that he is gone. There are witnesses that state she was hysterical, screaming, flipping out in front of the store. I am assuming he told her and all attention went to her but boy I would love to hear from a witness that was paying attention to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak