NANCY GRACE ~ Tuesday, 12/30/08

We are not going to head in the "nit-picking" direction of LP in any manner except for what he discussed on the show. Got it!

He was talking about having seen the video the PI took. He said that PI Casey had called PI Hoover and told him that they knew where Caylee was. PI Hoover asked PI Casey if she was alive and he said no...but they were going to get her right then. They went with a camera and filmed. LP says they found nothing. He also said they were at least 200-300 yards away from where she was ultimately found. I think he dismissed the video and the "tip" because nobody found anything. For some reason...the story of the video has re-surfaced again. LP was just trying to say that it doesn't show anything because they were in the wrong spot.

As I said last night, I believe that LP is the reason the story of the video re-surfaced. He'd run out of things to talk about on NG and had to create some controversy. I'll bet a nickel that he's the "source" that gave the information to WFTV.

This is going to sound confusing, but I am gonna try:

Yes, If the PI went out on his own AFTER he was off of Baez Payroll, then it would not be privileged info, as long as he didn't use any privileged info he was given while he was still on payroll to find whatever he found. But if he was using that info, he can't talk. Otherwise the attorney would essentially have to keep these people on payroll forever, through appeals and everything.

LP claims he was always led to believe DC was hired by the A's & never worked for JB at all! lol

If someone says they're going to "get" a dead body, shouldn't the person this was said to immediately inform LE before anything is disturbed?

OK ... I HAVE to ask about LP! Why does he give information that he seems to have known all along, NOW? Why didn't he give that information THEN?

Tonight, if I heard him right, he said something about somebody telling him ... let's go get the body, and he asked if she was alive or not, and they said no, she's dead.

What???

Did I hear him wrong? I can't believe that he throws out information that he seems to have known all along, but didn't tell it at the time, and tells it now.

I'm truly confused about him. Is he just making this stuff up as he goes along, or has he truly known all of this all the time? If he has known, wouldn't he be in trouble for not telling THEN?

OH! my head hurts!!! :banghead:

I just don't understand how it's possible for this man to have an "insider" explanation for every new development. In the beginning, I felt he genuinely cared, but at this point I feel that he'll say anything in order to continue inserting himself in this case.

Wasn't Baez on some morning show the day before Caylee's skull was found saying that "Caylee is alive" and that Casey was "100% innocent"?

As an officer of the court can he say Caylee is alive if he been told by his P.I. (or anyone else) where Caylee's body is located?

He can say anything he wants on the press circuit. He may make himself look like a fool but he can do so. He cannot make statements he knows to be false in court in her defense.

My head hurts, too. I'm inclined to think that LP is the only one who knows whether he is full of it or not. I've often thought that he knows more than he lets on and just releases little tidbits here and there but I just don't know anymore. Like you, I'm truly confused by this circus.

At this point I think that LP is more a showman than a BH. His 'tidbits' are like teasers for "The KC" show. They are vague and full of fluff; he seems to throw out a lot of words so that later he can pick the right key word out of the pile he said and wave it to announce "see? I said that before!" It's like a verbal illusion :waitasec:

We are not going to head in the "nit-picking" direction of LP in any manner except for what he discussed on the show. Got it!

Sorry Patty, I just read your post. I promise I'll behave. :blowkiss:

I thought even by going and *knowing* you were potentially walking through a crime scene it was interference because you may be destroying evidence by tromping around? Much different than someone who is searching on behalf of LE and stops when they become aware they maybe in a crime scene.

I can honestly say in this case I have no idea how this would work. They are allowed to investigate. Esp with the Nanny theory in play. They want to find evidence of the nanny situation so they can prove their clients story, however, if they were to stumble upon her, (and honestly, unless they were told by KC where the body was how would they?) they have to get out of dodge. And honestly, if they are going with the nanny theory, if they found the body why wouldn't you tell if your client isn't guilty. This is a weird case. Far stranger than most.

Wasn't Baez on some morning show the day before Caylee's skull was found saying that "Caylee is alive" and that Casey was "100% innocent"?

As an officer of the court can he say Caylee is alive if he been told by his P.I. (or anyone else) where Caylee's body is located?

Yeah, because even if he knew where a body was located, it wasn'i officially identified.

What a stupid law, that allows a lawyer, anyone, to leave a child laying out in the woods, to protect thier murdering mother, cause you know she is not gonna talk....so while evryone is out frantically searching a laywer and his cronies can know where the body is and not have to say a word, what a crock -o- caca:mad:

But if LP believed those PI and the fact that Caylee was dead why would he just let that go??? He is always claiming to be in on everything. If he thought she was in that area what was all the wild stories about the park? This whole situation is maddening.:mad:

I can honestly say in this case I have no idea how this would work. They are allowed to investigate. Esp with the Nanny theory in play. They want to find evidence of the nanny situation so they can prove their clients story, however, if they were to stumble upon her, (and honestly, unless they were told by KC where the body was how would they?) they have to get out of dodge. And honestly, if they are going with the nanny theory, if they found the body why wouldn't you tell if your client isn't guilty. This is a weird case. Far stranger than most.

Thank you for answering. In my scenario I was assuming the info about this local came from Casey herself which would put them knowingly stomping about a crime scene. Depending on the source of the info that could change the rules... that makes sense.

It's my understanding that if a defense attorney has actual evidence, he has to give that to the prosecution. But if his client confesses, that's protected under attorney/client privilege.

Hi Gardenhart, Last week I heard a TH say lawyers don't want their clients to tell them if they are guilty. They let the client know they don't want that info, as if they say they are guilty it puts the lawyer in a precarious position.

If I see Wudge or LAlawyer or a legaleze poster I'll ask, as I'd like to know for sure too. I think if they have been told they are obligated to represent them as such and cut a deal for a lower charge. xox

Thank you also hrcodepink for the info.
It's all appreciated :)

LP said that where the private investigators video taped was about 600 from where the body was actually found- so that would explain to me why the private investigators DID NOT SEE the body- perfectly true in my eyes- makes perfect sense to me. It also makes perfect sense to me that private investigators do sell their videos to tv stations- NBC is famous for buying them- Mark Williams also agreed about a daisy chain which I agree is speculation- but you have to admit its all suspicious- Lee, the meter reader, the private investigators and the meter reader again. LP also stated that where the body was found is about 250 feet from where Kiomarie said to check- TRUTH. They also mentioned tonight that Roy did say something WHITE in August and then in December he said a dark colored bag- I didnt hear LP say anything out of the way tonight or off the wall that wasnt true or could be true- i think he knows alot more than people give him credit for- yea theres some things that have not been true- thats fine but he does come up with some good thoughts and what he said tonight like I stated could easily be true- Tim Miller even said the body has been there all this time- by the indent in the ground and brown leaves under the bag- perfectly good reason why the private investigator didnt see the body- he filmed the wrong area= 600 feet off- and yes those video cameras can easily be rigged to change the date on- I know- I have one- LP may come up with theories poeple dont agree with or like, but hes not a liar- just because he has theories dont make him a liar like Casey. People keep bashing LP left and right because hes full of specualtion and theories- well arent we ALL speculating on what could of happened or what we think happened - that doesnt mean we are off the wall or jerks- so why is everyone bashing LP and not bashing ourselves for our theories or speculation? No one has to like LP but I dont think bashing him for his beliefs is necessary and I am not trying to argue with anyone and if I get kicked off for this post, that is fine, but I dont think anyone has the right to bash poeple for thinking or adding their beliefs. This is still about caylee and maybe the man is trying every aspect to figure out whats going on, whether hes in it for publicity or to be out front is besides the point- trying to figure out what really happened to this child and prosecute the person for it is the whole point and if anyone wants to add their thoughts or what they know or think they know seem perfectly fine to me- and it may confuse people or confuse the case even more, but maybe just maybe something LP says could be the straw that broke the camels back in this case. For instance, everyones speculation that the body wasnt there all this time and someone just put it there or it was moved and someone else is involved- well something as simple as he said tonight that the private investigators didnt film exactly where the body was- well thats leads it back to Casey doing it by herslef, no accomplice - and yes we dont know why they were there to begin with but it still answers my queston why they didnt see the body when they filmed there and it also dismisses my idea someone moved it or placed it there later- and like they said it was impossible to move- the bones were scattered all over the place. I am sorry if I offended anyone with this post, but I dont think bashing someone constantly is solving the case. I sure dont see anyone like LP coming on this forum and bashing us for our theories.

On JVM (before NG) they said the ME knows close enough the time of death & when she was placed there but it has not been revealed yet.

Yes, but I was trying (not too well I'm afraid) to say that the reports on plants under the bag could pinpoint fairly accurately when the bag ended up where it was found.

This information will be crucial when LE deals with the issues of the Nov. 15 videotape. There is no way that the vegetation in November would be the same as during the summer. It could also "say" whether the bag was there when the MR called in.

He ALWAYS does that, and it does seem like he's inserting himself. He's rarely right when he tries to "predict" something. On this, however, he did tell another sleuther that the body had been found... BEFORE it was actually found by the meter reader. This was during a conversation between LP and the sleuther. This particular sleuther posted the information several weeks ago. I'm hoping that sleuther will post about that again.

Was that before or after the Blanchard Park fiasco?

If someone says they're going to "get" a dead body, shouldn't the person this was said to immediately inform LE before anything is disturbed?

YES - you would think. LP says he thought they went and filmed it because they wanted to be able to sell the video to the media. Hmmmm. I am not sure I buy his entire story detail by detail, but the basics could be true. That PI Casey got a tip and they went to check it out. Perhaps LP *embellished* the part where he said "we found Caylee".
I think it more likely they got a tip they thought might be promising and that's it.

LP claims he was always led to believe DC was hired by the A's & never worked for JB at all! lol

ROFL! Now that may be a different story. It would still be privileged for the ther A's, but in charges against KC, I don't think it would count or matter, but like I said, this is a weird case and I am not sure about that. I have never seen a case like this or a case where there were so many people covering their butts. That is an excellent point. I do wonder how that would work.

Edit: One more thing, if the A's hired him, and not their attorney, it may not be privileged at all and the PI may be guilty of misprision of a felony! My head hurts!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back