NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7, Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing Boy's Mom Kept In Jail, Called A Liar And An Addict

The mother of a 7-year-old who disappeared from a foster home in Brooklyn more than a week ago remains behind bars because authorities believe she knows where her son is. Staten Island resident Jennifer Rodriguez—who according to the Post was described by a social worker yesterday as a drug-addicted habitual liar—is being held on contempt charges as authorities continue to look her son, Patrick Alford, who went missing on Jan. 22.

Rodriguez lost custody of her child after being arrested for theft. She has claimed the boy is staying with her aunt, though the relative denied it. Police have used helicopters and police dogs to search the neighborhood and swamps near the East New York foster home where Alford was last seen, but they haven't found any sign of the child.

http://gothamist.com/2010/02/02/with_child_still_missing_mom_stays.php

Whoa.. The child has been in their care 3 weeks and they know mom well enough to say she's a drug addicted, habitual liar ?
And.. isn't this social worker supposed to be 'helping' families and not slandering them in the media.

She passed a polygraph, and was released but ACS STILL believes she had a role in his disappearance.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...g_son_7_released_from_jail_after_lie_det.html

AND even though she passed a poly & LE doesn't think she's involved the family court judge STILL wants her to produce him by next Tuesday's hearing.....

Judge Terrance McElrath granted Jennifer Rodriguez, 23, release from Rikers Island today during a hearing in Brooklyn Family Court on two conditions: She entirely cooperate with the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) and cops, and she use all of her resources to produce the boy by next Tuesday’s hearing.

http://www.silive.com/northshore/index.ssf/2010/02/west_brighton_mom_of_missing_b.html

This is what drives me nuts about Family Court & ACS, they're completely lacking in common sense, yet they're entrusted with other people's children.

Very crazy. I know polygraphs aren't 100% accurate, but wow. And I'm sure someone will be keeping a very close eye on bio-mom for a while. I wonder if we will see her re-arrested if she does not "produce" Patrick by Tuesday?

Spirited away

It’s believed that the seven-year-old boy who disappeared after he ran away from his foster parents at Spring Creek may be as far away as Baltimore or Florida -- and his biological mother may have facilitated his escape, according to police and published reports.

More: http://www.yournabe.com/articles/2010/02/02/brooklyn/courier-yn_brooklyn_front_page-blotcan647.txt

This article IMO, isn't accurate. I havent read that the police believe his mom facilitated his escape.
According to the article....
On January 22, Patrick was last seen leaving the lobby of his Vandalia Avenue home at 9 p.m. after threatening to run away.

--Does anybody know if this is true ?

Drug addicts are usually pretty strung out....how's this mom a "drug addict" & simultaneously a diabolical schemer, coordinating a kidnapping & whisking a child out of state or halfway across the U.S.?? :waitasec:

Has there ever been another case where a parent of a missing child was jailed for contempt for not producing the child?

i think my brain exploded reading those last few snippets huh? they have zero proof of anything but she's supposed to 'produce him' by next week. while she was in prison. and she got him to maryland or florida.
it sounds like brooklyn officers might be taking 'every tip they get from whack jobs a bit too seriously........

Drug addicts are usually pretty strung out....how's this mom a "drug addict" & simultaneously a diabolical schemer, coordinating a kidnapping & whisking a child out of state or halfway across the U.S.?? :waitasec:

Go figure.
Maybe drug addicts with incredibly high IQ's could accomplish this ?
Is it easier for a strung out addict to pass a polygraph too ?

i think my brain exploded reading those last few snippets huh? they have zero proof of anything but she's supposed to 'produce him' by next week. while she was in prison. and she got him to maryland or florida.
it sounds like brooklyn officers might be taking 'every tip they get from whack jobs a bit too seriously........

I'm gonna stand back from this one a bit to see how things play out here. I admit I am very confused :waitasec: It has always been reported that LE does not think the biomom is involved in Patrick's disappearance. The the judge throws her in jail. Then the social worker calls her names. (This one throws me. I wonder if this social worker knows the mom personally? Maybe they had a falling out over something on a personal level? It is very rare that a social worker will go to such lengths against a parent, in my experience.) Then, biomom passes a poly and the judge lets her out with a warning to produce the child.

And now some of the recent articles are saying that LE does think biomom is involved UGGGGHHHGHGHGHH :banghead::banghead:

What a mess. Poor Patrick. Please, please, please find him and bring him home. It is cold out there!

And I still have suspicions about the foster mom and the story she gave.

Salem

YES. She is not the first nor the last.

try this one on for size:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,958575,00.html

Thanks -- that's a very interesting case! From the link:

Judicial experts agree that contempt is one of the courts' most powerful and vital weapons. It is an essential means of enforcing a judge's rulings and coercing testimony from recalcitrant witnesses. Civil contempt is used to compel future behavior, while criminal contempt is used to punish past conduct.

I just don't see how she could have taken Patrick and hid him somewhere. And, I don't understand why she's in jail for contempt with no proof to support that she actually took him.

salem if that logic follows, they didn suspect her till after she pased a polygraph.
i need asprin.

It's not the police.
My understanding is that the police don't believe the mom is involved.
IMO, they probably helped mom get out by giving her the poly.

Family court and state social worker's are the ones who say mom is involved.
A FAMILY COURT JUDGE is ordering her to produce Patrick, in spite of the police, who don't think she's involved. The Family Court Judge knows that she passed a polygraph test and it was concluded that she didn't know where Patrick was. In spite of the facts, he's threatening to put her in jail.

They want her to produce him, because it looks very bad that they lost him.
Please pay attention to how they're able to violate a person's rights with NO consequence. Where is the due process when she's arrested without being charged with a crime and held without a trial.
The only reason she's out now is because the judge knows he's being watched.

salem if that logic follows, they didn suspect her till after she pased a polygraph.
i need asprin.

I hear ya! But they are saying she passed the poly - so how does that work? Yes, asprin would be good (I have potato chips :))

Salem

It's not the police.
My understanding is that the police don't believe the mom is involved.
IMO, they probably helped mom get out by giving her the poly.

Family court and state social worker's are the ones who say mom is involved.
A FAMILY COURT JUDGE is ordering her to produce Patrick, in spite of the police, who don't think she's involved. The Family Court Judge knows that she passed a polygraph test and it was concluded that she didn't know where Patrick was. In spite of the facts, he's threatening to put her in jail.

They want her to produce him, because it looks very bad that they lost him.
Please pay attention to how they're able to violate a person's rights with NO consequence. Where is the due process when she's arrested without being charged with a crime and held without a trial.
The only reason she's out now is because the judge knows he's being watched.

well the aclu should be all over this (if they arent too busy protecting pedophile and child murderer's rights) cause that judge needs more then zilch to keep her locked up.

Has there ever been another case where a parent of a missing child was jailed for contempt for not producing the child?

Patrick's case has recently reminded me a lot of Damaris Herrera-Lopez from Arizona. She supposedly "took off running" after an argument, where I think her brother grabbed her, and gave her to mom. Her mother was not jailed, as they still can't find her, but Damaris's brother was jailed for helping mom snatch her.

The difference here? They KNOW that mom had something to do with it.

AZ-10 year old Damaris Herrera-Lopez missing from Yuma - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

YES. She is not the first nor the last.

try this one on for size:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,958575,00.html

There's a big difference in this case. In this case they know mom took the child and mom admits to taking the child. She's in contempt because she's hid her child after the court ordered visitation with the dad who she claims is molesting her.
The case you referred to is about custodial interference, not a child who disappeared while in the care of someone else care and could have been killed by a member of the foster family or kidnapped by a sex predator.

If anyone should have to produce him, it should be the one who lost him.

i must be missing something here cause to me the BS Story the foster mom gave should be raising red flags big time.

well the aclu should be all over this (if they arent too busy protecting pedophile and child murderer's rights) cause that judge needs more then zilch to keep her locked up.

Yep, they're too busy with NAMBLA. Family Court judge's routinely violate the right's of citizens. Google CPS or Family Court corruption to get the full picture.
They hide behind "the best interests of the child" mantra, even though more children are hurt while under their watch than those that are left with their parents.

i must be missing something here cause to me the BS Story the foster mom gave should be raising red flags big time.

Shhh. The state picked that home and the state can't be wrong. It irks me that most of the original articles start with ' foster child threatens to run away, then disappears.'
Why not.. 'foster child goes missing on trip to dump trash with foster mom' ?
Foster mom said she went to answer phone and he was gone, no wait she turned around and he disappeared ? What's the other story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong