AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I was reading about that case where a teen boy is seen on video and they think he could be in danger, but they don't know where he is. Unfortunately it seems he is also with a much young girl in the tape. I hate to say it, but dying quickly might be better.

We can't say that. Think of Shasta Groene and Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee and the others who have been found and gone on to live good lives.

We have all got to start peering through our curtains more IMO. Start asking questions of unhappy looking kids...start prying into our neighbours lives. Decent, inquisitive people are the only hope these kids have.

There is a new case today on WS for a girl named Sierra from Utah. This sounds similar to Isa's case. Found missing from room in the morning by one parent. Other parent at work. Two other siblings home. Only difference is they found her body within approx 30 mins of being reported missing and Isa is still missing.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

There is a new case today on WS for a girl named Sierra from Utah. This sounds similar to Isa's case. Found missing from room in the morning by one parent. Other parent at work. Two other siblings home. Only difference is they found her body within approx 30 mins of being reported missing and Isa is still missing.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Yes, another 6 year old missing from her home.

Sierra was sexually assaulted before she was murdered. Children Sierra and Isa's age are targets for pedophiles.

Another little precious child's life is now over because evil was present.:(

IMO

Tucson is a huge city. If little Isa were in the city, even miles from her home, it would be noticed. Surrounding Tucson there is so much open desert that to even guess where Isa could have been dumped is like a needle in a hay stack.

TPD's investigation has been methodical, thorough & very professional and for anyone who doesn't live here to say they weren't, shows they don't know the area. Believe me, they searched areas we aren't even aware of. None of us know what TPD or the FBI does.

The actions so far show that they believed that Isa's brothers needed distance from Sergio, they released the information that CPS had been to the Celis home in December 2011, they clearly are focused on someone or ones & any areas they are searching is kept under wraps. jmo

City of Tucson has a land area of 226.71 square miles

The 2010 United States Census puts the city's population at 520,116 with a metropolitan area population at 1,020,200. In 2009.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucson,_Arizona

Where would you start searching?
I'm no professional nor do I claim to be.. my point is very simple that from all appearances the methodical gridded searching done in sierra's case is not being done in this case.. it seems to me the lay person that the recovery of the body would be equally important regardless whether Sergio Celis did or a stranger. ..that is my point, period..

You say there iis methodical searching happening.. that's great and something I was completely unaware of.. i appreciate your clearing that misconception of mine up!

And now back to safely lurking on this case:blushing:

I'm no professional nor do I claim to be.. my point is very simple that from all appearances the methodical gridded searching done in sierra's case is not being done in this case.. it seems to me the lay person that the recovery of the body would be equally important regardless whether Sergio Celis did or a stranger. ..that is my point, period..

You say there iis methodical searching happening.. that's great and something I was completely unaware of.. i appreciate your clearing that misconception of mine up!

And now back to safely lurking on this case:blushing:

LE may well know something that we don't, that leaves them to believe Isa is not nearby, dead or alive.

I pray she is alive. They do not appear to be looking for a body and that can only be positive IMO.

Unfortunately, that anonymous internet tip info noted upstream a post or so did appear in the doc dump. I actually was looking for my own tips, and recognized the exact format in some other tips in the dump. Some tips may include enough info in the text fields to trace back to the tipster if they were to, say, write "Hi, my name is Sally Ride. I just wanted to pass along some information about Sergio. We went to school together and he... "

Makes you think twice about the definition of anonymous.

My son and I volunteered to search for sweet Caylee. He a team captain; I only did admin paperwork. After Casey's defense team was given all of Tim Miller's (EquuSearch) documentation we were called several times by her private investigators. There was much aggravation in that they tried to represent themselves as prosecution people because they said, "I am xxxxxx, calling from the Orange County Courthouse." I happened to have that statement left on my answering machine. So I contacted Orlando LE and they asked me to send it to them and took a statement from me.

Now you can read all about me all over the internet. Name, birth date, address, telephone number. Thank God they did not ask for my SSAN or credit card numbers because they would have been out there, too! Nothing was redacted!

So I now feel a kinship with those who would hesitate to volunteer anything. I weighed my options, understanding full well what the consequences might be, and made my choice. I can understand why others might choose differently.

In today's age of spider web technology on the internet I am not sure how anonymous anyone can be.

My heart is very sad for all of the people who gave witness statements. They weren't even given the choice whether or not to talk to LE. At least I had that choice.

Would I volunteer again? Not sure. Would I call in an anonymous tip this long after Isa's disappearance? Not sure.

Obviously :cow:​

I have one search idea. Hey Tucson & Pima County Residents, search your properties. That would be a target area. Backyards, alleyways, abandoned properties, empty rentals peek in the windows & where allowed, (which I think has already been done but can't hurt) but alert all of Pima Co. to check what they own. Many have huge properties. That would help in cost & might include some more tips.

Guess I'm as desperate for Isa to be found as everyone else.

Sierra's case was completely different. She was either snatched or got into a vehicle and her bookbag with clothes was left/thrown/placed outside where it was found. LE knew a red car was involved and they had a geo area to focus on/around.

None of those factors exist in Isa's case. A grid search works when there's a specific and identifiable central geographical point and a search extends from there covering a finite amount of acreage.

What is that geographical point in which to set up a grid? What information is pointing to this area?

We just had a 6 year old girl (Sierra) assaulted and murdered... she disappeared from her house and was found quickly.
They are talking about Sierra's being an isolated incident.
However, 17 years ago the same thing happened, to another 6 year old girl but Rosie's case was never solved.

We are only a one day drive from Arizona... so I thought I'd put it here just because.

UT - 6 year old girl found in canal West Jordan - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Wow.....

Sierra's case was completely different. She was either snatched or got into a vehicle and her bookbag with clothes was left/thrown/placed outside where it was found. LE knew a red car was involved and they had a geo area to focus on/around.

None of those factors exist in Isa's case. A grid search works when there's a specific and identifiable central geographical point and a search extends from there covering a finite amount of acreage.

What is that geographical point in which to set up a grid? What information is pointing to this area?
Nope the searches have nothing to do with items located.. they searched radius from the center point of her home.. they've extended that search into multiple counties ..her body is still not located and they continue to search.. their radius is based upon where she was last known to be her house.. so, different in many aspects i suppose but they definitely haven't an inkling of where he body is..

I'm not debating what the differences are..was merely using her case as an example about gridded continual searches of a very wide spread area including bodies of water. .that's all..

I've been informed that thereare methodical searches being done in Isa's case so the point was moot after that was established upthread. .

I have one search idea. Hey Tucson & Pima County Residents, search your properties. That would be a target area. Backyards, alleyways, abandoned properties, empty rentals peek in the windows & where allowed, (which I think has already been done but can't hurt) but alert all of Pima Co. to check what they own. Many have huge properties. That would help in cost & might include some more tips.

Guess I'm as desperate for Isa to be found as everyone else.

I don't have to tell you (as another local)... some of us look everywhere we go. I know I scan the roadside everywhere I drive. I did some extended "looking" up on Mt Lemmon a few weeks ago off trailheads and remote parking areas. Hopefully other locals do the same thing... especially in midtown. There are so many empty buildings and absentee-landlords properties. :-(

I don't have to tell you (as another local)... some of us look everywhere we go. I know I scan the roadside everywhere I drive. I did some extended "looking" up on Mt Lemmon a few weeks ago off trailheads and remote parking areas. Hopefully other locals do the same thing... especially in midtown. There are so many empty buildings and absentee-landlords properties. :-(

There's so many empty properties here, not just in midtown, but in the most expensive areas in Tucson. Not just one area. You tend to look everywhere. jmo Midtown is a good idea but where?

What area do you search? Have LE been able to make contact with everyone they wanted to by now who's homes haven't been searched 2 months ago? Come on LE, I really want an update or a doc release.

I don't know, Dr. Know? But I have to believe that LE has a solid sense that Isabel is not in the Tucson area. I know they conducted some reactive searches per the doc dump, but nothing more to indicate they believe there's a tiny body waiting to be found in the area. Either that or they've completely dropped the ball.

But that's not to say we shouldn't all still be checking out possibilities in and out of town. Sheds, washes, empty buildings...

There's so many empty properties here, not just in midtown, but in the most expensive areas in Tucson. Not just one area. You tend to look everywhere. jmo Midtown is a good idea but where?

What area do you search? Have LE been able to make contact with everyone they wanted to by now who's homes haven't been searched 2 months ago? Come on LE, I really want an update or a doc release.

Yes, did LE finally gain access to all the homes near Isabel's?

We can't say that. Think of Shasta Groene and Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee and the others who have been found and gone on to live good lives.

We have all got to start peering through our curtains more IMO. Start asking questions of unhappy looking kids...start prying into our neighbours lives. Decent, inquisitive people are the only hope these kids have.

I know what you are saying. I followed Jaycee's case intensely after she was found. In her case, I've got to say law enforcement really let her down over and over and over. The neighbors could have been more nosey perhaps, but one of them did report Garrido was a sex offender and had children in his backyard. The reporting officer never even got off the front porch when checking it out. Jaycee was even reported seen at a gas station looking at her own poster in 1991 (or 92?) just two miles from where the Garridos still lived when she was found and with the same van. Then we have the who parole fiasco in this case. I could go on and on, it's sad.

I don't know, Dr. Know? But I have to believe that LE has a solid sense that Isabel is not in the Tucson area. I know they conducted some reactive searches per the doc dump, but nothing more to indicate they believe there's a tiny body waiting to be found in the area. Either that or they've completely dropped the ball.

But that's not to say we shouldn't all still be checking out possibilities in and out of town. Sheds, washes, empty buildings...

They JUST suspended searching our landfill in the greater Phoenix area, for little Jhessye Shockley's body. They began searching last October, searching 96 days, and continued til yesterday.

I think I read they searched a landfill for Isa as well.

Yes, did LE finally gain access to all the homes near Isabel's?

Last I remember hearing was at the last presser in May. They still had 40 homes and about 120 people to interview still.

I agree Pieper, their investigation isn't leading them to search is a possibility.

Sad to say, this is a different Sierra.

I believe they are referring to Sierra Newbold, the little girl who was raped and murdered and found in a canal in Salt Lake City, not Sierra Lamar.

Sad to say, this is a different Sierra.

I believe they are referring to Sierra Newbold, the little girl who was raped and murdered and found in a canal in Salt Lake City, not Sierra Lamar.

I was responding to this post, and it was referring specifically to the Sierra in CA case as an example of grid searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie