UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is dated September 09. Nathan and Stephanies relationship began sometime in October 09. Pretty scary imo.

I think Stephanie enjoyed the danger of being involved with someone like Nathan. As odd as it sounds, she delighted in the moth to flame behavior and seeing how she was 'above all others' by not provoking his bad side. Fine for her, but she had no business putting Ethan in the same line of fire she chose for herself.

JMO

I know exactly what you are saying...

This is dated September 09. Nathan and Stephanies relationship began sometime in October 09. Pretty scary imo.

I think Stephanie enjoyed the danger of being involved with someone like Nathan. As odd as it sounds, she delighted in the moth to flame behavior and seeing how she was 'above all others' by not provoking his bad side. Fine for her, but she had no business putting Ethan in the same line of fire she chose for herself.

JMO
bbm

I so agree with you Cubby.

More than just an opinion imo. I would venture to say a professional would come up with a similiar analysis of their behavior. I think they had grandiose delusions Ethan would have demonstrated the same admiration for them as they had for themselves and each other without so much as a second thought to normal childhood behavior.

I am still interested in knowing why Stephanie requested no contact with her mother, her father and her step father.

bbm

I am interested also, it is very unusual.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_15083168

Jennifer Freeman, of Orlando, Fla., didn't want to leave their 5-year-old daughter alone with him.

"He is too unstable and might hurt [their daughter] to get back at me," she wrote in a petition for a protective order filed....

C**** J****, a former friend of Stephanie Sloop from when she lived in Florida, said that last week she received "a few" messages from Stephanie Sloop, but she did not return them because she "was sick of the drama."

"You carry a lot of guilt around when someone calls you hysterical and you don't call them back, but she had cried wolf one too many times," J**** said. "Had I ever known they would have done this to Ethan, I would have intervened."

Soooo.....is she saying that he has saved her life before after she was in danger by provoking his bad side?

That's my interpretation of what she said. He saved her life by not taking it. Twisted isn't it?

(snipped)

C**** J****, a former friend of Stephanie Sloop from when she lived in Florida, said that last week she received "a few" messages from Stephanie Sloop, but she did not return them because she "was sick of the drama."

"You carry a lot of guilt around when someone calls you hysterical and you don't call them back, but she had cried wolf one too many times," J**** said. "Had I ever known they would have done this to Ethan, I would have intervened."

Is she implying SS called her "last week" hysterical??? This offers a new perspective. I sure am curious to know more details about what was contained in these "messages." Tone of voice? Content? Date/time? ????

Soooo.....is she saying that he has saved her life before after she was in danger by provoking his bad side?

the way I take it is that she is saying he has saved her life twice and that these were separate incidents from the (possibly) times she put herself in danger by provoking his bad side. Either she has witnessed his bad side or he has told her what he is capable of when provoked and that he is caplable of killing. how dreammyyyy:loser:.....

I just have to ask this..... Does anyone else get the nervous uneasy feeling in the pit of your stomach the more you learn about Stephanie and Nathan? I don't know how else to explain it other than that uneasy anxious feeling and one can't quite put their finger on a reason for that the uneasyness?

It's almost like watching a horror flick when you know something is going to happen, but you can remind yourself it's just a movie. This case is like watching with horror, but knowing it is not fiction, it is reality.

Maybe I feel that way because I can't for the life of me figure out why Stephanie would choose to leave what appears like a stable marriage - even if she was a 'sometimes single parent' ( a term from my baby center days for women who had a spouse that was often away for long periods of time due to being in the military or other jobs.) and chose, or rather fell in love with- becamse obsessed with - I don't think I would call it love- someone like Nathan. It is beyond comprehension to me.

Ok, just had to say that.

JMVHO

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...phanie&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari

I first met Nathan in 1995. I was 12 years old, and he was actually with my best friends sister at the time. He was 4 years older than me, so we didnt go to high school together.

Nathan changed me, though many think that's not possible. Nathan made me realize that for years I was writing checks my ego couldn't cash. We all have egos, some under control, some aren't. Though mine wasn't completely out of whack, it did need adjustments. Nathan showed me how to filter what I say and do, do what I say, and say what I mean, as your WORD is all you have in this world. Being together, we've both brought so much to the table. For starters, we began with full disclosure so that way our ex's couldn't try and use things against us. Its proven to make our relationship even stronger. Nathan has taught me so much, taken care of me, and been the man of my dreams. We share the same blood type, had the same surgeries as children, and most of all, we've taken the time to understand eafh other. The underlyings of that are between Nathan and I, but we have taken the time to understand each other, and that's what makes us so perfect together: we clearly communicate, as you should in a relationship. He tells me when I mess up, and helps correct me when I'm wrong. That's what a relationship is. Growing together, and helping each other. I couldn't imagine another day without him. It was truly love at first sight. I couldn't be happier with a better man. Someone else's garbage is now my treasure.
So her ego neededadjusting and he was the one to do it?
A relationship is when he tells her she messed up and corrects her when she is wrong? That is communication?

In the time we've been together, he has saved my life twice, without it having been in danger for provoking his bad side. I became pregnant in December, and with twins. I had began to bleed, and we went to the hospital to find out what was wrong, as I had severe abdominal pain, and bleeding. I had a cyst on my left ovary the size of a golf ball, filled with blood. I had twins trapped in the fallopian tubes, and a blot clot in my uterus. A surgery that was supposed to last one hour turned into 2 1/2. The doctor came out after my surgery and said if I had waited another 12 hours, I wouldnt have been alive. The second time, I went into a diabetic shock, and I was going to walk out our side door, and passed out in the process. Had Nathan not caught me, I would fallen flat on my face and possibly had broken my neck.
How did NS save her life? By allowing her to go to the Hospital "in time"?
Becasue from where I sit the DR. saved her...

The more I think about all of this, had I not been with Nathan, and back in Vegas, or even in Florida, I would've had no idea that I was going to die. Even though I lost the babies we planned to have, it saved my life. You can always have more children, but Nathan couldn't replace me. He was the man I was meant to be with, and fills every gap in my heart. I can't tell him enough every day how much he means to me, and how funny it is that God was taunting us when we met all those years ago, and here we are, 15 years later, and all this time we were meant to be together, God just was waiting for the right time. I couldn't be happier or more appreciative of the great man God has given me. Though I loved my ex, we just weren't meant to fit together like Nathan and I do. Total acceptance and love is hard to come by. It was truly love at first sight. I will love and be here for him until the end. July 4, 2010, I will become Mrs. Nathan Sloop and couldn't be prouder. I love My Nater Bean!
Once she met NS she knew she was gonna die. Losing the babies saved her life? So they killed another one? And no matter what she does she can't tell him enough how much she loves him? Becasue he isn't ever going to be satisfied with anyone or?? Because she will always put NS first and stick with him to the end?
Am I reading this right?

ETA: additional comments

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...phanie&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari

I first met Nathan in 1995. I was 12 years old, and he was actually with my best friends sister at the time. He was 4 years older than me, so we didnt go to high school together.

Nathan changed me, though many think that's not possible. Nathan made me realize that for years I was writing checks my ego couldn't cash. We all have egos, some under control, some aren't. Though mine wasn't completely out of whack, it did need adjustments. Nathan showed me how to filter what I say and do, do what I say, and say what I mean, as your WORD is all you have in this world. Being together, we've both brought so much to the table. For starters, we began with full disclosure so that way our ex's couldn't try and use things against us. Its proven to make our relationship even stronger. Nathan has taught me so much, taken care of me, and been the man of my dreams. We share the same blood type, had the same surgeries as children, and most of all, we've taken the time to understand eafh other. The underlyings of that are between Nathan and I, but we have taken the time to understand each other, and that's what makes us so perfect together: we clearly communicate, as you should in a relationship. He tells me when I mess up, and helps correct me when I'm wrong. That's what a relationship is. Growing together, and helping each other. I couldn't imagine another day without him. It was truly love at first sight. I couldn't be happier with a better man. Someone else's garbage is now my treasure.
A relationship is when he tells her she messed up and corrects her when she is wrong? That is communication?

In the time we've been together, he has saved my life twice, without it having been in danger for provoking his bad side. I became pregnant in December, and with twins. I had began to bleed, and we went to the hospital to find out what was wrong, as I had severe abdominal pain, and bleeding. I had a cyst on my left ovary the size of a golf ball, filled with blood. I had twins trapped in the fallopian tubes, and a blot clot in my uterus. A surgery that was supposed to last one hour turned into 2 1/2. The doctor came out after my surgery and said if I had waited another 12 hours, I wouldnt have been alive. The second time, I went into a diabetic shock, and I was going to walk out our side door, and passed out in the process. Had Nathan not caught me, I would fallen flat on my face and possibly had broken my neck.

The more I think about all of this, had I not been with Nathan, and back in Vegas, or even in Florida, I would've had no idea that I was going to die. Even though I lost the babies we planned to have, it saved my life. You can always have more children, but Nathan couldn't replace me. He was the man I was meant to be with, and fills every gap in my heart. I can't tell him enough every day how much he means to me, and how funny it is that God was taunting us when we met all those years ago, and here we are, 15 years later, and all this time we were meant to be together, God just was waiting for the right time. I couldn't be happier or more appreciative of the great man God has given me. Though I loved my ex, we just weren't meant to fit together like Nathan and I do. Total acceptance and love is hard to come by. It was truly love at first sight. I will love and be here for him until the end. July 4, 2010, I will become Mrs. Nathan Sloop and couldn't be prouder. I love My Nater Bean!
Once she met NS she knew she was gonna die. Losing the babies saved her life? So they killed another one? And no matter what she does she can't tell him enough how much she loves him? Becasue he isn't ever going to be satisfied with anyone or?? Because she will always put NS first and stick with him to the end?
Am I reading this right?

Reading their delusional BS is nausiating, I couldn't even begin to try to understand. "Total acceptance and love is hard to come by", too bad these wack jobs ever met or little Ethan would still be alive. If he totally accepted you and loved you he wouldn't have minded you getting medical attention for your son when he needed it, . Instead she totally accepted and loved him to the death of her own child.

Am I reading this right?

What keeps running through my head when I read this..... is that this man of her dreams, the one God had planned as the perfect man for her and she for him - at least in her mind. ....... In a matter of their 7 month relationship a child has died in the most horrendous way possible. She'll love him until the end. Well the end is here. This great guy cost her child his life, and both of them their freedom.

All in 7 months. In reality, I don't know too many couples - at least emotionally mature couples - who would seriously start contemplating marriage until about the 7 month mark. How well do you know someone in such a short amount of time? Granted, there are those relationships were couples marry having known each other less than 7 months but the percentages are far fewer when it comes to succesful marriages.

Ugh. I just don't get it. I'm going to be beating a dead horse if I try to fathom what the heck either of them were thinking...

I can only hope Justice comes swiftly for little Ethan.

I'm thinking it would be helpful to have a timeline of all the court filings (+ marriages/divorces/moves) between the related couples and parents. Should I start on that, or is there one already started somewhere?

for those who asked, i meant that his mother knew that her boyfriend/fiance/hubby wasnt stable, abused her blah blah blah, so why seek visitation to put her son in danger in the first place?

About the bride
I have known Stephanie since I was 15 yeras old. However all throughout highschool her and I never dated, but knew all about each other. Then Just a few years ago as I was going through the deepest, darkest part of my life dealing with My child being kidnapped and being in the middle of a vicious divorce, I began receiving these encouraging emails that had impeccable timing. That was My Steph sending me an encouraging word just when I was at my lowest.

On October 8th I sent her an email and saw she lived in Vegas. 7 hours south of me. What are the odds!! We spoke nonstop for the next 24 hours as we began to book her a flight to come up and see me. Now the important thing to know is that I was All done with the so called 'Dating Game'. What a joke of a world we live in. The more Genuine You are in todays world the more that people dont want to date you. So all of a Sudden I found myself talking to a woman who was a "take me or leave me-this is who I am" kind of woman. Thats exactly the kind of man I am and I thought well this either is a Match made in Heaven or it will never work. Well as the Next 24 hours proved conclusively it was a "Match made in Heaven"

She showed up 24 hours after our first phone call and with no make up and dressed casual, She was the Most Beautiful Woman I have ever laid eyes on. I took a picture of her before she saw me and she was looking like she used to look while watching me at the lacrosse games. Trying to guess which way I was coming from. She was SO Cute!! Beautiful purple scraf around her neck, hair pulled back and as I walked up behind her she smelled Amazing!! She turned and instantly she turned beet red!! I Embraced her with a huge hug and Kissed her right there for the Very First Time!! Wow! What an Amazing Kisser!!!

Even though I never thought I would find the Woman of my dreams, I all of a sudden found Myself Kissing the Woman of my dreams in the Salt Lake City Airport!!! I couldn't wait to hold her hand and get her bags loaded into My truck. I Knew Right then and there "She was the ONE" Truly LOVE at First sight!! We immediately began to treat each other like we had been together for years. Ive never felt more comfortable with a woman. She is Incredibly Intelligent, a fast thinker, a brilliant sense of humor, a Loving Nurturing Woman through and through, and to Top it All off she Is Drop Dead Gorgeous!!

Truly, Steph brings more to the table than all the women I have ever known if You put them All together. I would have never been so audacious to Ask God for someone so special. She not only fills every Gap I have but She even completes parts of me that I never knew needed to made complete. She is an Amazing conversationalist and I love just talking with her for hours and hours. She is not challenged by my fast thinking brain but rather she keeps up and then some. She Cooks like a master Chef, loves the same kind of movies I do, and instead of provoking my Bad Boy side, she respects it. She doesnt try and provoke me to protect her but rather she Loves me in ways I couldnt even ask her to do. She gets right under my armor and gets right to the little boy in me and by doing so she makes Every Part of Me wanna be a better Man!!

Steph is the Most Special, Loving, Nurturing, Tough, Caring, Fun, Exciting Woman I have ever Met in Real life or in My Dreams!! I am SO IN LOVE With HER!! I am So Honored to be Her Man!! When July 4th, 2010 comes I will consider myself the luckiest Man inthe History of All civilization. I Will Finally Be Married to My SoulMate!! My Lover!! My Best Friend!! Since we have been together we have never spent one day away from each other. If I have it My way we never willl either!! Whether we are going to get Dressed up Nice and go out for sushi (Our Favorite) or we are staying home and she makes me her special cinnamon enchiladas, I never am as happy as when I am around My beloved Steph!! She is supportive when the world is crashing down around me, and has My back when no one else will. She nurtures Me and sees right though My tough guy shield and loves on that Big Heart that nobody has been shown!!

I could Go on for Days and Days and thats why I am Honored to Be Marrying this Amazing Woman!! She is the Most treasured, Special , Amazing person that has EVER Entered My Life!! I Would Do Anything for her. Fight for Her. Kill for Her. Live for Her!! Die for Her!! She is my Nurturing Angel and Ill never let go, because every moment with her makes me a better person!! Thank You God Above for bringing her into My Life!! I'll Always be there for her no matter Rich or poor. Going through the worst of times or the Best of times! Steph is Finally the Partner that I never even thought existed. I love You, Stephanie. I Truly am In Love with YOU!!!

No one else would date Nathan so he set his sites on his soul mate Stephanie.

They spoke non-stop for 24 hours. 24 hours later she was in Utah and he was already in love. Then 24 hours later it was a match made in Heaven.

She doen't provoke him to protect her? because they never spend one day away from each other and never will? (well you aren't with her now big guy!) I wonder if he ever let her go anywhere without him~ until Ethan got there. She gets under his armour right to the little boy inside of him, so Ethan is dead cause Nathan was a jealous man. She is the only person that has his back cause no one else will.

Well he got that last statement right! NO ONE HAS YOUR BACK NOW!

Jennifer Freeman, of Orlando, Fla., didn't want to leave their 5-year-old daughter alone with him.

"He is too unstable and might hurt [their daughter] to get back at me," she wrote in a petition for a protective order filed....

Thank you for that link, gngr~snap. I can relate to CJ. It's a terrible feeling.

Another item of note in that article was this, regarding NS's 2007-8 divorce filings:

In court filings, Nathan Sloop denied abusing her and denied being diagnosed with a mental illness other than obsessive compulsive disorder. No domestic violence charges were filed against him in Utah.​

Nathan-She doesnt try and provoke me to protect her

What the eff does this mean? Seriously. Someone translate this one.

I think the absolute best news of the weekend is monkeymama's news that Utah doesn't allow insanity defenses. :thumb:

Link

for those who asked, i meant that his mother knew that her boyfriend/fiance/hubby wasnt stable, abused her blah blah blah, so why seek visitation to put her son in danger in the first place?

IMHO PS should have done the responsible thing and gone to the police the min. she knew Ethan was with her son! PS knew he was unstable that was no secret in the family. Did PS not know he had threatened to kill his OWN child and his ex wife... I bet she did. Did she think for a second that he wouldn't kill someone elses child even faster?

PS had to know he wasn't even allowed around his own child... why didn't she do something? -instead she goes out of town?
I srsly wonder if she didn't leave a sinking ship!

I think it means she doesn't notice other men noticing her???? I D K !!!

I couldn't decide which, but narrowed it down to;

- He's had other women who incited fights between him and other men, just to enjoy his "protecting" them.

- She protects herself by not provoking him.

IMHO PS should have done the responsible thing and gone to the police the min. she knew Ethan was with her son! PS knew he was unstable that was no secret in the family. Did PS not know he had threatened to kill his OWN child and his ex wife... I bet she did. Did she think for a second that he wouldn't kill someone elses child even faster?

PS had to know he wasn't even allowed around his own child... why didn't she do something? -instead she goes out of town?
I srsly wonder if she didn't leave a sinking ship!

kbl, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the "her" he's referring to is SS. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07